test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Edit: Foundry Editing is back up!

Comments

• giantdudegiantdude Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So 2 updates since this happened, what yesterday? I understand these things take time but the amount of time this is taking is making me question their programmers. 1) State the problem of what is going on there is a dime a dozen of people with tech/program/code skills and might offer some light to this. 2) Giving us an update saying we know its still down give us more time. We know its down give us even more time helps no one not even yourselves. 3) Whoever made this post on PW side should be ashamed of putting this in general and not the foundry forum where it belongs.

Not trying to be annoying by any means just a little flustered with how this was handled on PW's side. Again PW devs you'd be amazed how many of us know the "computer world" and could offer help. Just because we don't have a job title as "gamer programmer doesn't mean we don't know what we are doing. :p

Cheers and hopefully you are able to fix this set back soon!
  • savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nothing but inability to work on foundry this entire week has made a poor kun a very sad kun indeed :(
    2 days of not being able to publish and yesterday's issues along with all day today.
    I go cry now
    lol

Savai,
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Entered into this thread looking for an Unexpected outrage of a foundry editor... lol.:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    giantdude wrote: »
    So 2 updates since this happened, what yesterday? I understand these things take time but the amount of time this is taking is making me question their programmers. 1) State the problem of what is going on there is a dime a dozen of people with tech/program/code skills and might offer some light to this. 2) Giving us an update saying we know its still down give us more time. We know its down give us even more time helps no one not even yourselves. 3) Whoever made this post on PW side should be ashamed of putting this in general and not the foundry forum where it belongs.

Not trying to be annoying by any means just a little flustered with how this was handled on PW's side. Again PW devs you'd be amazed how many of us know the "computer world" and could offer help. Just because we don't have a job title as "gamer programmer doesn't mean we don't know what we are doing. :p

Cheers and hopefully you are able to fix this set back soon!

Really? That is like walking up to the cockpit of an airplane during a delay and asking the pilot if he needs any tips on how to get the plane off the ground. Just walk back to your seat and eat some peanuts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • camamarcamamar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I must say that I too am...disconcerted. The downtime of this component is frustrating at best, often infuriating. What really bother me is the lack of communication from PWE on the scope of the issue. Simply saying "complex" isn't sufficient.

What would give us as a community a better sense of exactly what is meant by "complex" would be some idea of how deep the issue went. If we have some idea of the scope of the issue we, as gamers (generally) tend to be more lenient towards that frustrating experience of downtime.

That said, to anyone who has played other PWE games knows, the amount of communication they have with their community is fairly limited, and I will honestly say I'm impressed at the improvements I have seen in that respect for Neverwinter. As limited as it is, is is still a huge step up. There's still a long way to go, but kudos to them for making the improvements they have.
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Any word on if the fix will require a patch download or is it all server side..

Or just any word actually.. Been over 12 hours heh heh
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Everyone - Our engineers are still working on this but due to the complexity of the situation it does not look like it will be ready today. We apologize for the extended downtime and will continue looking at the issue throughout the night to resolve the issue as quickly as we can.
  • adran07adran07 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love how people are complaining about this taking a long time. I'm just gonna say right now, no one here has any right to complain about this taking a long time. I have played in the MWO beta, and that had some crippling bugs that literally took the makers MONTHS to find. A few days is NOTHING to complain about. The fact that Cryptic is giving updates every few hours is FAR more often than they even need to report to us about. People are expecting too much. Odds are, they have a few ideas where the problem is, but actually narrowing down a single line of code in millions (if not billions) takes time. Often a lot of time. Having written very simple code for a few things, and then spending several days scratching my head trying to find out why it's not working, I can certainly say something far more complex can take a lot longer. So be patient. Because if this is fixed in less than 3 days, I'll be impressed.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone - Our engineers are still working on this but due to the complexity of the situation it does not look like it will be ready today. We apologize for the extended downtime and will continue looking at the issue throughout the night to resolve the issue as quickly as we can.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Sir. Looking forward to it coming back up so I can try to find out why my Foundry can never be searched for by Author name LOL. It's like I am invisible to everyone. But at least in the meantime I can play it for XP :)

Keep up the updates and again, thank you very much.

Good luck with it guys. I could do with a break from Campaign creation... 19 dungeon maps, quests, puzzles, combat and trying to follow a classic storyline takes it's toll. I'll check back tomorrow

And on the plus side, now other authors can take a break and check out what others have already published :)

It's good to see authors who actually try to write a plot instead of "shoot em up" missions all the time. Admittedly I did my first mission with no plot . . . just rescue a bunch of kittens from mean ogres, but it's given me enough experience and training I think to start a campaign I want to write.
    edited June 2013

Was already expecting that. :/
    BRB - Going to go Suicide.

Savai,
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Updated 9:30PM PDT: We apologize for the extended downtime and will continue looking at the issue throughout the night .

Translation: It's Friday night y'all. We goin' clubbin'. Peace out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCHzCFIlKrQ.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
    edited June 2013
    dzogen wrote: »

ROFL! I was thinkin' THE EXACT same thing!
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    Entered into this thread looking for an Unexpected outrage of a foundry editor... lol.:o

:)

When we look at Facebook insights, there is a metric called "Engaged Users" which sometimes looks like it says "Enraged Users" if I am really tired. Causes about 0.68 seconds of panic every time I see that. :P
    edited June 2013
    :)

When we look at Facebook insights, there is a metric called "Engaged Users" which sometimes looks like it says "Enraged Users" if I am really tired. Causes about 0.68 seconds of panic every time I see that. :P

Now now, no panics on the job - that could cause you to need a stress-leave. LOL!
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    I think it is a bit humorous that you end each post, no matter what the overall tone of your post is, with "All the Best".

I'll have to remember that rhetorical tool the next time I want to rip apart my ISP for not providing quality service.

Your #&&$%^ internet service **$%$#! Why don't you people get off your #&&##@ and do something to fix it! I am tired of paying hard earned money for this #$&^&#! trash.

All the Best.

It's genuine.

I may not agree with someone, I may think they are not providing the level of service I expect, or are demanding an unreasonable level of service from myself. I may think the comment someone has made is silly, or even juvenile beyond words, or worthy of ridicule.

But that doesn't mean I wish them ill in any way at all.

So I end my post with a genuine "All The Best".

People who know me IRL can attest that I tend to use it verbally as well (I also tend to use "take care" a lot as well), when parting from someone; it may not be out of the "Customer Service 101 Handbook", but my boss has only ever received positive feedback from the customers I have dealt with. It is my experience that customer don't like "copy and paste" scripted answers; most of them are smart enough to see the insincerity there.

It was something already in my conversational tool-set, I adopted in e-communications as well.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's genuine.

I may not agree with someone, I may think they are not providing the level of service I expect, or are demanding an unreasonable level of service from myself. I may think the comment someone has made is ridiculous beyond words, or worthy of ridicule.

But that doesn't mean I wish them ill in any way at all.

So I end my post with a genuine "All The Best".

People who know me IRL can attest that I tend to use it verbally as well, when parting from someone; it may not be out of the "Customer Service 101 Handbook", but my boss has only ever received positive feedback from the customers I have dealt with. It is my experience that customer don't like "copy and paste" scripted answers; most of them are smart enough to see the insincerity there.

All The Best

~chuckles~

My friends say similar of me. I have had customer service agents on the phone actually tell me they are confused as to if I am in a good mood or severely ticked off. If a company does something that inconveniences me, I tend to make sure they know it, while at the same time assuring the actual agent that I am talking to know that it is not his/her fault personally . . . even if it is. ~shrug~ Nothing beats a good smile and positive reinforcement when it comes to getting others to solve issues :)
  • ptreese84ptreese84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dzogen wrote: »

Lol.. My thoughts as well.
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know guys, weekend is the worst possible time this could happen :/
    I've been too busy during weekdays to fiddle with my quest and I was kinda looking forward to completing some maps :/
    I am getting a 'deal with it' attitude here.
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lol, I doubt they planed it to happen on a Friday :p
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    visigoth18 wrote: »
    lol, I doubt they planed it to happen on a Friday :p

It's double drop weekend - best way to avoid exploits with foundry creations vs enchantment drops. Trust me. I've seen A HELL of a lot of enchants x 2 drops from just doing foundries already...they're smart ;) - but they don't wanna tell you why it's down, bahahaha.

Savai, <3
  • shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    Yes please have your unplanned outages at a better time. There was no consideration having this unplanned outage at the weekend. Your planning people suck.
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about some "caturday" assets (for everyone of course!) in return??

A weekend without Foundry work is worse than a small rollback ;):(;)
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • ivywoodbiterivywoodbiter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the info. I would suggest you might change the error message to something a little less generic. "Foundry editing not allowed" makes it sound like a user problem. I am posted overseas and was actually worried that my IP had been blocked to this feature!

A simple note that "Foundry is down due to maintenance" would be a lot more helpful. It serves the dual purpose of letting users know that it is not our accounts and that you are aware of the problem.

Good luck with this issue. I'm looking forward to playing with it some more when it's back up.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    It's double drop weekend - best way to avoid exploits with foundry creations vs enchantment drops. Trust me. I've seen A HELL of a lot of enchants x 2 drops from just doing foundries already...they're smart ;) - but they don't wanna tell you why it's down, bahahaha.

Savai, <3

Drops from regular mobs in foundry are the same as from regular mobs on Cryptic maps. Completely random. It cannot be exploited more than farming anything in open world.

Anyway, I do not expect Foundry being fixed this weekend and with no Foundry there is also no incentive for me to log in to the game.

I think I'll pass on this even entirely. *shrug*
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    Aww.. blast. Just when I had an idea x.X

Write it daown before you forget :P
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It'd be nice if they could even vaguely tell us what the problem is, beyond 'it's complex.'

I am very disappointed not to have a chance to work on this today, and I REALLY hope it's resolved by tomorrow so I could relax with some Father's Day tinkering.

Thank the gods I was able to get most of my important changes done on Thursday.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So... That's what? 10 hours since last update? I really hope you get this fixed. Wifey and Jr. are away for the weekend, and my only plan from friday to sunday was building content and writing quests...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • mmuircastlemmuircastle Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Try contacting Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Support. Their phone hold times are legendary (I've heard of over 3 hours), and many questions WILL not be resolved or even acknowledged via in-game tickets or forums, and you MUST call them... only to be given stock answers the first 2-3 times you call.

While this game doesn't have the best Customer Service out there, it's FAR from the worst.
  • fortislupusfortislupus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From what little information I can gather, ie. From working on the foundry prior to the downtime, it seems that the foundry editor doesn't save properly (for a start). Therefore making any updates or creations invalid and pointless. Best to take it down than have us waste our time!

Although that being said, I believe this outage is a fantastic pointer to the communities need for an offline foundry construction kit. It would be easy enough to implement. We can work on our quests to our leisure, and then upload them via ftp when ready...

Sounds reasonable to me... Until the FTP servers hit a glitch, then it would be back to square one. Still, offline Foundry editing must be on the cards at some point!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.