test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New PvP gear from Gauntlgrym

soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
This is the new PvP gear from Gauntlgrym's PvP vendor.

Weapon & Talisman:
weapontalisman.jpg

Armor Set:
armorset.jpg
Post edited by soulwarrior78 on

Comments

• Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Wonder if the set is gonna work or not work, like the gladiator set hasnt been workin since game realese
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can they be purchased with Glory, or does it require another currency?
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    rosehoperosehope Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    Looks like they require 45-75 of the new Gauntlgrym coins.
  • Options
    zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Very nice upgrade for people who mainly pvp. Essentially T2.
    coglover wrote: »
    Wonder if the set is gonna work or not work, like the gladiator set hasnt been workin since game realese
    It works on the preview shard, but if you are referring to ROE on spell mastery, the cooldown will always stay the same regardless. Its not like recovery works with it anyway.
  • Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is the new PvP gear from Gauntlgrym's PvP vendor.
    <pics>
    I might be wrong, but hasn't this "T2" PvP gear less Offensive Slots than the "T1" PvP gear Gladiator Mage?
  • Options
    dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Useless 450 recovery bonus (I can unequip 700 recovery and it will change CD on my longest CD spell by 0.2 sec. And my recovery is below 3k.)
    0 crit, not even remotely enough arpen to compensate for crit loss.

Set is ****.

Orb has some nice stats, however it has less weapon damage then CN orb, and it's pretty close to shadow weaver orb (wts on Beholder server, lol), therefore it's not much better, either.
  • Options
    haranded1haranded1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gladiator armour sucks now ?
  • Options
    fogalmamsincsfogalmamsincs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dethcord wrote: »
    Useless 450 recovery bonus (I can unequip 700 recovery and it will change CD on my longest CD spell by 0.2 sec. And my recovery is below 3k.)

Set is ****.

Orb has some nice stats, however it has less weapon damage then CN orb, and it's pretty close to shadow weaver orb (wts on Beholder server, lol), therefore it's not much better, either.

So you think everyone stacks recovery coz of spell cooldown? I tell you the secret: they do for action point gain. With 40%+ action point gain you can cast 2 blackholes same time on 10 mobs easy. And well... controlling the mobs is your job, not critting them. Thank god you play on other server, so you cant be in my team... i dont like useless CONTROLL wizards.
  • Options
    ulthzulthz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anyone have screenshot sets for another classe plz?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So you think everyone stacks recovery coz of spell cooldown? I tell you the secret: they do for action point gain. With 40%+ action point gain you can cast 2 blackholes same time on 10 mobs easy. And well... controlling the mobs is your job, not critting them. Thank god you play on other server, so you cant be in my team... i dont like useless CONTROLL wizards.
    I can do the same with less then 3k recovery just fine. And if I'm capable of competing with rogues in terms of DPS on some bosses, I'd say it's ten times more useful then getting a blackhole 1 second faster or something.
  • Options
    fogalmamsincsfogalmamsincs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sure. You will see very soon, that crit CW is a bad way to do endgame pve.
  • Options
    poutrellepoutrelle Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bring T1 recovery stuff with recovery slot, mix it with weaver set (or just stack recovery set bonus) => 3500 to 4000 recrovery => you wear for final boss, if needed (that is NOT always). Cost: close to 50 000 diamonds including lvl 5 stones. Easy.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dethcord wrote: »

Set is ****.

Besides the fact that recovery also speeds up your AP, I think 0.2sec faster cooldown is more important in PvP than PvE. I cant count how often I wished I had an extra 0.2seconds lol. It's about getting that Entangling Forice up before the other CW. It's about having your Icy Rays fire off sooner, hitting and killing that TR in his mid animation when you're 25% or below. Split seconds make a difference in PvP.
    You're also assuming that everyone at 60 is clearing CN and getting their Orbs on demand. My group and I been farming CN and Dread Vault, and I have yet to come out with anything. Doing PvP matches, knowing you're guaranteed an Orb after X number of games is alot more realistic than aiming for an Ancient orb.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    poutrelle wrote: »
    Bring T1 recovery stuff with recovery slot, mix it with weaver set (or just stack recovery set bonus) => 3500 to 4000 recrovery => you wear for final boss, if needed (that is NOT always). Cost: close to 50 000 diamonds including lvl 5 stones. Easy.

OR you can use a full PvP set, slot Entangling Force on TAB and getting 25%-30% faster cooldown on it, giving you 100% AP refill pretty much on demand, while still adding 3k health. Of course this is for the rare occasions where you do need this much AP recharge, like CN Draco.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I can basically 3 man CN last boss with my group without any glitches, and this patch won't affect PvE much, it'll only make the encounter a little bit longer.
    Besides the fact that recovery also speeds up your AP, I think 0.2sec faster cooldown is more important in PvP than PvE. I cant count how often I wished I had an extra 0.2seconds lol. It's about getting that Entangling Forice up before the other CW. It's about having your Icy Rays fire off sooner, hitting and killing that TR in his mid animation when you're 25% or below. Split seconds make a difference in PvP.
    You're also assuming that everyone at 60 is clearing CN and getting their Orbs on demand. My group and I been farming CN and Dread Vault, and I have yet to come out with anything. Doing PvP matches, knowing you're guaranteed an Orb after X number of games is alot more realistic than aiming for an Ancient orb.

Tbh that 0.2 sec don't matter much as fights are decided by one EF. If I got someone in it - he's dead, if I survive someone's EF - I cast mine and he's dead. Simple. 0.2 sec cd don't affect it at all.

And idk, I think nowadays everyone and their mom clear CN, because it's so **** easy. We'll see it now but it doesn't look like CN became extremely hard or something.

Our group gear up and then go communism on further drops/AD made by selling them. (From everyone - according to his ability, to each - according to his needs. Or smth.)

And yeah it's good to aim for something you know you'll reach but you can still buy an Ancient Orb. Tho this PvP one, aswell as shadow weaver, are some pretty good options.
  • Options
    nerhesinerhesi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok so how do you get gauntlgrym coins? I would assume the coins, that you need for T2 pvp, would be from the pvp portion of the game not the PVE portion? Right? Right?!?!?

Or do you get nothing for the 20 on 20 pvp and have to pve for the pvp gear?
  • Options
    nerhesinerhesi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nerhesi wrote: »
    Ok so how do you get gauntlgrym coins? I would assume the coins, that you need for T2 pvp, would be from the pvp portion of the game not the PVE portion? Right? Right?!?!?

Or do you get nothing for the 20 on 20 pvp and have to pve for the pvp gear?

Or the simpler question:

What are all the methods to get gauntlgrym coins?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Meanwhile I did a couple of CN runs. Haven't noticed any difference, I'm more then fine with my below-3k recovery, while competeing with rogues in terms of DPS even on a single target. Yeah, their bleeds was nerfed hard.
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    It seems like these PvP weapons are better than Ancient.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »

Yeah, ARP and Crit is way better than +300 power
  • Options
    lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Fior PvP prolly, for PvE, the 2 set bonus of the ancient MH/OH is tough to beat, it frees you up to gem differently.
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    lupita170 wrote: »
    Fior PvP prolly, for PvE, the 2 set bonus of the ancient MH/OH is tough to beat, it frees you up to gem differently.

I only have 3.4k recovery and even still the 2 set bonus is less than 1% recharge speed.
  • Options
    necrophobynecrophoby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WHere is the grym coin vendor?
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Apart from that weapon side-grade, there's no reason for my CW to ever enter Gauntletgrym.

On the other hand, my DC would gladly perform embarassing acts for the chance...
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013

The weapon damage from the ancient weapon probably still makes it BIS over these.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hm. 30% faster on entangle + 5% more damage is probably the best thing in PVP and PvE. You will have a lot more control. You can use enchantments to replace those 450 crit u loose on the Shadow set.

But I have a question. If I meet set 4 req, do I still have the set 2 bonus? Or does set4 replace set2?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    rosehoperosehope Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    ejziponken wrote: »
    If I meet set 4 req, do I still have the set 2 bonus?

Yes you do.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have another question. How many coins do u get for each phase? Or how does it work?

How hard will it be to get this new gear?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What do people think of this set compared to High Vizier for PvP ?
  • Options
    vankillianvankillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    necrophoby wrote: »
    WHere is the grym coin vendor?

this is what I'd like to know too....