2»

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    go to gaunt it is straight along with other npcs
    edited July 2013
    ejziponken wrote: »
    Have another question. How many coins do u get for each phase? Or how does it work?

How hard will it be to get this new gear?

I get around 20-30 coins from the faledelver dungeon T1 "speedruns" (which is the more efficient dungeon to run).

You also get somewhere around 4-7 coins if you win your PVP match
    edited July 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Apart from that weapon side-grade, there's no reason for my CW to ever enter Gauntletgrym.

Other than getting the best in slot 4-set armor for CN, Spider and Spellplague? Yeah there is no reason
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Other than getting the best in slot 4-set armor for CN, Spider and Spellplague? Yeah there is no reason

I am guessing you don't have or know of either High Vizier nor Shadow Weaver armor sets and arpen capped, because no one else would say such a silly thing. Their 4pc bonuses are a magnitude or more better than a "Gladiator"-style 4pc bonus, which is probably just as broken as that particular set too.
    edited July 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    I am guessing you don't have or know of either High Vizier nor Shadow Weaver armor sets and arpen capped, because no one else would say such a silly thing. Their 4pc bonuses are a magnitude or more better than a "Gladiator"-style 4pc bonus, which is probably just as broken as that particular set too.

I'm guessing you cannot comprehend very well. My previous post was specifically referring to certain dungeons
  • errantvolleyerrantvolley Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I never thought about that, rashylewizz. That would be interesting to use with Repel on tab. You could be a Repeling machine gun.

Is that what you were alluding to? In CN, though, I'm more Sing bound than Repel bound.

Or was it something else you were referring to.

In any case I will eventually have to get the full T2 pvp set just because.
    edited July 2013
    I never thought about that, rashylewizz. That would be interesting to use with Repel on tab. You could be a Repeling machine gun.

Is that what you were alluding to? In CN, though, I'm more Sing bound than Repel bound.

Or was it something else you were referring to.

In any case I will eventually have to get the full T2 pvp set just because.

I've ran CN dozens of times, most of the time you are running with 2 wizards (one of which will 95% have either a High Viz set or a Shadow Weaver set).

During the whole run, Wizards aren't really asked to DPS the boss (save for 2-3 times when the adds are "taken care of" and I'll leave it at that). You really only use Singularity to keep the mobs busy. I was thinking more of Entangling Force on the mastery tab for maximum AP gain that should be able to rival a wizard with thousands more recovery (keeping diminishing returns in mind, it is not as great as it sounds, but that pseudo recovery buff is still very very good).

If you are a thaum build, you could also slot in Conduit of Ice in the mastery tab and be able to constantly debuff the boss as well. Add to that the bonus that the Champion Mage set doesn't have "deflection" or "regeneration" stats on them, I think the 4-set from Gaunt is very good for Castle Never.

If someone is stuck in the 8k-9k GS and are unable to get into dungeons when most people require 10.5k gs + stone to join their group, Doing the T1 gaunt speedruns is the way to go to get that set especially since your endgoal should be to be geared up to do Castle never. I average around 25-30 grym coins per Gauntlgrym event doing the PVP then T1 gaunt dungeons.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with High Viz or Shadow Weav set, in fact they are very good as well for ANY dungeon. I just wanna say you also can't go wrong with the Gauntlgrym set and it is arguably (I would argue it) the best set for CN. For doing dungeons, pick the set that you will comfortable in and would fit your playstyle since all 3 sets are excellent.
  • ajr2355ajr2355 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16
    edited July 2013
    ok no one is talking about the Magelord set... do people not like it? (currently wearing it)

champion set better than it?
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm guessing you cannot comprehend very well. My previous post was specifically referring to certain dungeons

I dont think it is worth it either. With the T1 PvP set and at around 3000 Recovery, it reduces the Mastery Slot cooldown by 15%. With the new T2 GG, I would imagine it is closer to 17-18%. So with the dungeons you mentioned, I am assuming for the benefit of Repel and/or Entangling force, their cooldowns are low anyways (especially Repel) that it wouldnt make much of a difference at all. And certainly the extra 5% damage is pointless.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
    edited July 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I dont think it is worth it either. With the T1 PvP set and at around 3000 Recovery, it reduces the Mastery Slot cooldown by 15%. With the new T2 GG, I would imagine it is closer to 17-18%. So with the dungeons you mentioned, I am assuming for the benefit of Repel and/or Entangling force, their cooldowns are low anyways (especially Repel) that it wouldnt make much of a difference at all. And certainly the extra 5% damage is pointless.

I'm thinking more on the bosses for Castle Never and SpellPlague.

In Castle Never, the wizards are usually split into 2 duties: Repel and shield bump. If you are doing the shield bump, you need AP gain as fast as you can and so placing Entangling or Shield on tab is essential. If you are doing repel, tabbing it with 30% reduced cooldown will avoid situations wherein you do not have it at the time of an Arcane Singularity cast and you would also be able to be free in using it to push a dark wizard to the right spot instead of keeping it for fear that it is on cooldown when doing the dual wizard push action.

In SpellPlague, your whole gameplan is primarily based around a single spell: Repel. The Gaunt set provides 30% faster speed in getting a new repel up. No need to go further than that.

I am not saying High Viz or Shadow Weav sets are useless compared to the Gaunt set, but the examples above show how the Gaunt set could definitely bring a new-found efficiency to completing the top-2 most important dungeons.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm thinking more on the bosses for Castle Never and SpellPlague.

In Castle Never, the wizards are usually split into 2 duties: Repel and shield bump. If you are doing the shield bump, you need AP gain as fast as you can and so placing Entangling on Tab is essential. If you are doing repel, tabbing it with 30% reduced cooldown will avoid situations wherein you do not have it at the time of singularity and you would also be able to use it more such as placing that dark wizard in the right spot.

In SpellPlague, having 30% more chances to repel the mobs off the cliff (which is your only duty) is vital too. No need to go further on that.

I am not saying High Viz or Shadow Weav sets are useless compared to the Gaunt set, but the examples above show how the Gaunt set could definitely bring a new-found efficiency to completing the top-2 most important dungeons.

I understand what you are saying. But the problem is that you will not get the 30% cool down if it is working like the gladiator set. The 25% or in the case of the GG set 30% is of the base cool down, not the modified. So unless you have 0 recovery, you will not get 30% CD reduction. At around 3000 recovery you would probably gain 18% reduction not 30%. So you would probably reduce the cooldown of Repel by 1sec.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
    edited July 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I understand what you are saying. But the problem is that you will not get the 30% cool down if it is working like the gladiator set. The 25% or in the case of the GG set 30% is of the base cool down, not the modified. So unless you have 0 recovery, you will not get 30% CD reduction. At around 3000 recovery you would probably gain 18% reduction not 30%. So you would probably reduce the cooldown of Repel by 1sec.

Interesting. I will try to test this and see the exact reduction in cooldown