test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Prediction was right ... Mass Exodus Clerics and Generally ppl.....

Comments

• aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    Please explain how we can do this while in solo foundry quests, or out farming for crappy greens to get potion money?

Because previously this was fine: our low damage output was matched by our self-healing. Now it's entirely possible to get steamrolled in a foundry quest, which is...well, annoying AND embarassing. I don't want to have to find a pet GF every time I want to do anything non-dungeon.

Wait, wait... So it's possible to actually DIE in solo content now? Gamers of the world, WE CANNOT LET THIS STAND! Take up arms against our cruel oppressors at Cryptic and tell them - this far and NO FARTHER! We've put up with their unwarranted attacks against us and our beloved character abilities so far but if they expect us to have to deal with the humiliation of respawning at the campfire and walking 30 seconds back to where we were, they've got another thing coming.

UNITE! FORWARD! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR CHAINS!
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cry me a River cry me cry me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wait, wait... So it's possible to actually DIE in solo content now? Gamers of the world, WE CANNOT LET THIS STAND!

And the tard wagon has arrived!

Ok, so we have this scenario:

"<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage, hard to kill" -stuff takes a while, but is relatively low risk

replace with

"<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage, easier to kill" -stuff takes exactly as long to do, but now the risk of dying is much higher

BUT IT'S OK COZ TEH AGGRO GOT FIXED

apparently.

That was my point. If, you know, you'd bothered to read it. An aggro fix to make us less "the focus of everything" is nice when we're in scenarios where "not being the focus of everything" is possible, but solo this is not the case.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

"<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage, hard to kill" -stuff takes a while, but is relatively low risk

replace with

"<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage, easier to kill" -stuff takes exactly as long to do, but now the risk of dying is much higher

apparently.

That was my point. If, you know, you'd bothered to read it. An aggro fix to make us less "the focus of everything" is nice when we're in scenarios where "not being the focus of everything" is possible, but solo this is not the case.

Maybe try the top paragon tree if you want to solo?

just sayin
  • xshawkzxshawkz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    kashimaa1 wrote: »
    thats their business model.

attract young gamers. make them pay zen for things like bags or wards and so on. stuff you usually get FOR FREE in other games.
    then nerf some classes and hope these young gamers reroll the next FOTM and let them pay again for stuff they need.

lol wards and bags are free u can buy them in the AH without spending a dime nab
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    Maybe try the top paragon tree if you want to solo?

just sayin

Wait, so respec every time I need to get money for pots?

There's a winning scenario if ever there was one.

Edit: also, the top tree is terrible anyway, on so many levels.
    edited June 2013
    Please explain how we can do this while in solo foundry quests, or out farming for crappy greens to get potion money?

Because previously this was fine: our low damage output was matched by our self-healing. Now it's entirely possible to get steamrolled in a foundry quest, which is...well, annoying AND embarassing. I don't want to have to find a pet GF every time I want to do anything non-dungeon.
    lol well as a TR i have to spen ****loads of pots any time i want to solo that stuff so why shouldnt u?
    edited June 2013
    damatsu wrote: »
    this is a P2W F2P game of course the healer class cant actually heal ! its not ****ing rocket science they want people to buy cash shop potions. thats the bottom line. Ive never seen any F2P game where the healer can actually maintain a party. You'd have to be a fricking water-head to believe otherwise. They just want your cash and want you to buy potions; why else would trash mobs in raid be able to nearly 1shot you.....SO YOU BUY CASH SHOP POTIONS TO SPAM SO YOU DONT DIE. This is also a perfectworld game not a cryptic game dont fool yourselves people.

lol i dont know how u guys play this game. but i never spent a cent and i got t3 mount, stone companion and never get out of gold for pots, maybe u guys playing this wrong?
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wait, so respec every time I need to get money for pots?

There's a winning scenario if ever there was one.

Edit: also, the top tree is terrible anyway, on so many levels.

What you say is indeed true. Not sure about the top tree never tried it, but I can assume you will kill **** faster in the top tree. My suggestion wasn't intended that you respec everytime you need gold, but to just stay in that spec if solo play is important to you.

Running foundries to get gold is a pretty bad way to get gold.

Just buy someting off AH and sell it for gold lol, much easier.

If you don' thave much AD just start doing PVP dailies. Not only will you get AD from the daily you'll get glory which can be exchanged for items that sell well for gold.
    edited June 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »
    This is a terrible aphorism in that it doesn
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2013

replace with

apparently.

My main is a cleric and solo content is a *joke*. Your complaints amount to "WAAHHHH! WAAAAAAAHHHH! I WANT IT EASY!"

There is no solo content in this game a cleric can't do. The fact that you might have to think about something, that you might have an enemy or two that is tough to chop down with a class that was never supposed to be a DPS class, is pretty much working as intended. You want to burn things down, roll a DPS class. As it stands, we're the most well rounded class in the game and if you play a mixture of control, healer, and damage, you will find zero solo content in this game you can't beat and finish with full hitpoints, relying on potions in the case of emergency.

Really, I have done very little participating in this whole whine fest over classes getting changed but when some goober talks about the humiliation of getting sent back to a respawn point at some point during solo content as being a sign that a class is too weak...
    Oye. Utterly ridiculous.
    edited June 2013
    if a class you loved is now a class you hate cuase they nerf 1 spell u never loved the class, u loved the spell
  • madgrenadiermadgrenadier Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait, wait... So it's possible to actually DIE in solo content now? Gamers of the world, WE CANNOT LET THIS STAND!

The post you responded to is not just about dying in the Foundry. As a level 60 cleric, I don't die in Foundries. What I do is spend forever grinding up the action points necessary to drop the two dailies it takes me to kill every last group of enemies I face. It routinely takes me two Flame Strikes, along with all the attack spamming it takes me to generate those AP, in order to clear out every trash trio of goblins I come across. Every solo encounter becomes a bore-fest of frantically trying to dodge while watching a cool-down timer, which basically ruins the Foundry (which is supposed to be the redeeming factor of this game).
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    one thing that i think would make the game more fun would be shorter cooldowns on encounter abilities.

the longer i play my new GF the more it feels kind of boring. i mean i use my encounters and then im basically on left click / block mode for ~10 seconds.

while it is not exactly the same, i sort of feel like the above poster. instead of dodging and waiting on cooldowns, im just blocking and waiting on cooldowns so i can actually do some damage. it does get boring.

p.s. block is still buggy. the most frustrating is when enemy npc use abilities that can knock you prone, and you block the damage but end up prone for whatever reason and then you take a ton of damage. its not like i can dodge.
    then when fighting another of the same enemy, just take a step or two in any direction and it blocks the damage and you dont go prone.
    please fix that junk.
  • frznvimesfrznvimes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think I'm going to uninstall. Not because of any balance changes but because I feel like the game is bending over backwards to nickel and dime me at every turn. I don't mind putting money into a game, but it irritates me when I feel like the devs are undermining gameplay for the sake of their monetization model. I won't pay to make a game worse.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes, because the OP's friend list is the end all, be all proof that there's a mass exodus of players / Clerics...

Oh, and I successfully beat Dracolich post-nerf with a group that had 1 Cleric.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yippee !

As the only cleric left on the server I'm gonna make a killin charging for my services.

Yeehaaw I'm gonna be rich beyond imagination......or it could be hype
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The post you responded to is not just about dying in the Foundry. As a level 60 cleric, I don't die in Foundries. What I do is spend forever grinding up the action points necessary to drop the two dailies it takes me to kill every last group of enemies I face. It routinely takes me two Flame Strikes, along with all the attack spamming it takes me to generate those AP, in order to clear out every trash trio of goblins I come across. Every solo encounter becomes a bore-fest of frantically trying to dodge while watching a cool-down timer, which basically ruins the Foundry (which is supposed to be the redeeming factor of this game).

Not sure what you are doing if it takes you 2 flame strikes(plus the ap generation) to kill simple mobs. My Faithful cleric (9.5k GS recov/def stones) takes 1 Daunting light and 1 sunburst(if daunting doesn't crit) to kill a trio of goblins.
  • efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    The problem here is the fact that others have to play an active role now instead of facemash aoe. I'm not sure this community has the mentality to suffer through it. I am not here with my guild, (they arent playing this game) so I'm pretty much solo *shrug* so I will have to pug, which means for me right now, that I am not playing in any successfull groups as none of them are trying to anything that even looks like cooperation. Not to mention to dungeon finder is still placing me (the DC) in a group with 4 dps classes. WTF is *that* supposed to be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    lol there is no FOTM in this game right now, this "business model" you think they have is total nonsense.

So TR one shotting people is balanced then?

Try again.
  • tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having a healer class in this kind of MMO is hard to pull off. Everyone is encouraged to move out of the red circles on the ground, which makes the healer's job a bit problematic. The skill cap is incredibly high in a game that's been pretty casual and faceroll so far. The community backlash is understandable. Sure, you could "L2P" but if the most difficult and frustrating class to play just happens to be the most needed class for group content, there's going to be problems. I don't think 5man content should require more than one tank or more than one healer. If an average healer can't handle 5man content, that's a problem with the class design. If you make it so only the best players can play a class with such a high demand, you're going to run into a scarcity. Groups will take even longer to form. Tensions will be even higher. You can put high skill caps on dps classes. There's more of a variety. Putting a high skill cap on the only healer class in the game is going to result in the sort of community backlash that we're seeing now. This isn't a L2Play issue. This is a L2Design issue.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    I'm guild less player.

2 days ago made prediction that xx clerics gonna leave character or game becasue they will be not able healing.

From my Friend list 15 ppl already said they quittin the game beasue they are un able heal.

You know i was passionate about my class also.

and Guess what I WAS UN BALE out heal single minons group.. becasue of long CD's.

yes yes yes , all gonna say ADAPT , change respec. and Im tellin you.. IDK who is testing that game .. and how Cryptic is "LISTENING FEEDBACK" but they don't

you wanna best example of balancing game ? Who ever was plyin at CLOSE BETA know how GWF was strong . Cryptic balance game that GWF was bad for months. now they needed rebuffin them again.

Im thinkin how mutch time someone gonna realise that cleric just sux. YOU MADE "1 skill to importnat , and other skill at all usless"

ps. Forget about walkin on 1 cleric at CN . That was barerly possible before patch. Now it's IMPOSSIBLe

guess what, they are nerf the heal, divinity gain, and AS uptime .... but ... threat still the same. I try striker cleric, yup good damage, but still, no Sooth? 1 heal and most of enemies that not get attacked come to me. if you get too close to other group of enemies, they come too. great "spread between enemies" fix give nice angry mob to you
    edited June 2013
    arazith07 wrote: »
    Not sure what you are doing if it takes you 2 flame strikes(plus the ap generation) to kill simple mobs. My Faithful cleric (9.5k GS recov/def stones) takes 1 Daunting light and 1 sunburst(if daunting doesn't crit) to kill a trio of goblins.

Having a GS of about half of your's. At least, I'm certainly not spec'ed for Virtuous, and I'm not dropping Flame Strike without AP generation.

I stopped doing dungeons because of the crazy aggro prior to the patch, and I just have not started back. I did purchase some level 60 purples, but lately I've been hording AD until I decide if I want to reroll or something. Basically though, all your are doing is out-leveling the content, which is basically a flaw in the design of the game. Foundry needs to take GS into consideration. For the last few levels and then until you build up a high GS, the Foundry turns into a grind (for low DPS clerics) that does not reward you with any real improvement.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @madgrenadier

Even while leveling it should only take one or two encounters to kill a group of weak mobs so long as your weapon isn't terribly outdated (like 10 or more levels). And I repeat that I am Faithful spec (aka the middle healing tree) so my dps skills have always been the barebones while leveling and even now at endgame.
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    Sir, please, uninstall your brain.

Everything the guy you quoted said, was absolutely true. Please uninstall your brain if you honestly think differently.

Also just wanted to say, the first page of this thread is riddled with misspellings and broken grammar.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    guess what, they are nerf the heal, divinity gain, and AS uptime .... but ... threat still the same. I try striker cleric, yup good damage, but still, no Sooth? 1 heal and most of enemies that not get attacked come to me. if you get too close to other group of enemies, they come too. great "spread between enemies" fix give nice angry mob to you

You could try not using a healing skill and be the striker you should to be.

Striker cleric can heal indirectly,it's not very effective healing,but if you built a damage dealer then healing shouldn't be a thought.

But you don't say whether your GF,GWF,CW and TR were doing their job correct either.
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I actually feel the same way. A couple encounters, or maybe even one daily, should end an encounter; it certainly should not take multiple dailies. Certainly, one daily ought to wipe out a trash mob if I already spent time generating that AP in that same fight.

For the most part while I was leveling, it was not really a problem, but now that I am level 60 I find that a lot of "trash" encounters in Foundries take a lot of work to get rid of. I'm not saying they are hard, but rather that I have to spend what seems like an unnecessary amount of time killing the mobs.

Interestingly, the purples I own are my weapon and my offhand. I get that you are Faithful; what I am saying is that I am also Faithful. For the record, I'm also pretty good at dropping Flame Strike to that I catch multiple enemies in the updraft and then slam them back down. Frankly, I don't feel like goblins should get up from that, but many times they do and they usually don't fall until I am able to drop a second one.
  • xkalmaxxkalmax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just simply changing Healing Word into instant heal instead of heal over time and halving Bastion of Health cooldown would make playing a cleric more tolerable. Would still not be able to heal yourself for any meaningful amount, but it would go for a long way when it comes to healing your group. Sure all the content is doable at the moment, but it shouldn't feel like someone's driving a needle into your eye when doing it.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    Don't listen to these people, in every game i've played you have to pot even if u have a healer. You can't heal god mode, people have to use potions.

Pretty much this ^ , someone should just close this thread lol .
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes yes yes , all gonna say ADAPT , change respec. and Im tellin you.. IDK who is testing that game .. and how Cryptic is "LISTENING FEEDBACK" but they don't

Just pointing out that since this is open beta and the test realm is public any fail in testing is totally on you.