test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Prediction was right ... Mass Exodus Clerics and Generally ppl.....

13»

Comments

• lizashlizash Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was enjoying the game when I started but there is so much I cannot work out and there has been no effort to help beginners. I wanted to ask questions here but I'm not allowed to start a new thread so I have gone through pages trying to find something that I can include my questions in but can never find anything close. This is very frustrating and I have finally given up on it. I'm going to reclaim the disk space that the game uses and I cannot recommend it to anyone else. I am very disappointed and will not be playing any cryptic or pwe games in future.
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    LOL what mass exodus? F**kin too much clerics in game now what chu talking about?
    Every pvp match I join there's 1 or 2 clerics.
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was good that they nerfed as, because all I did was stand there not have to block and keep attack. All I had to do was hold the attack and did not need to do nothing but that, so good that they nerf as makes it better. And if you go down more often get more defence duh, stupid people say they know but are duh.
  • carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gg clerics... gg
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Like I predicted earlier in the thread, clerics are still plentiful. It's a good time to be a cleric. It was just too easy before.

Hip hip!! for more communication in party. More challenge.

My opinion? Casuals can do any quest in the game with a little bit more strategy. No Pay to Win. So this change was brilliant, and raised the bar for us all.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    No problems here. Previous gameplay just dont work anymore. Despite of the nerf, clerics are now synnergized with GFs. For those of you complaining, then you may be used to just standing in the middle of AS. To compensate the downtime, you could just cast D FF for the burst heal or HG. GFs can taunt off adds away from you as well, that is IF you have adds on you. Clerics dont aggro that much anymore. DPS gets the aggro now. Team effort is now required on the AS downtime. People need to dodge or use their defensive skills. If your mates are used to tank-spanking stuff in the middle of AS then you are screwed.
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Like I predicted earlier in the thread, clerics are still plentiful. It's a good time to be a cleric. It was just too easy before.

So they went and made it easier? Because that's exactly what they did. And it *still* didn't kill double Cleric as I see them spammed for non-stop in Zone chat.

There's not a T2 I haven't done since the patch solo, and I've done CN a few times since it as well, and the only challenge now is keeping focused enough to not stand in an AOE. They lowered the bar for healing, not raised it.
  • warkupozwarkupoz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    I is so UN BALE.

I love OP so much more than you can realize.
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My lvl 37 cleric is alive and kicking :)
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty much what snowballo said. CN is still easy you just have to change your rotations a tad (and not even that much if you have a good feat/power build).
    u13fd8a.png
  • apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tyr216 wrote: »
    I don't think 5man content should require more than one tank or more than one healer. If an average healer can't handle 5man content, that's a problem with the class design. If you make it so only the best players can play a class with such a high demand, you're going to run into a scarcity. Groups will take even longer to form. Tensions will be even higher. You can put high skill caps on dps classes. There's more of a variety. Putting a high skill cap on the only healer class in the game is going to result in the sort of community backlash that we're seeing now. This isn't a L2Play issue. This is a L2Design issue.
    The most reasonable and well-thought out post in this thread I've seen thus far.

The problem however...is that this community, like many other gaming communities, are filled with trolls and elitists who think the good game design means appealing to only 10% of gamers. The idea of "balance" is a foreign concept.

No one wants an uber-ez mode class, but at the same time, going overboard and creating a class that is playable by only the best of the best in a large scale MMO (that is F2P no less), truly is, just bad game design. And those who support elitist design are guilty of bad reasoning.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The most reasonable and well-thought out post in this thread I've seen thus far.

The problem however...is that this community, like many other gaming communities, are filled with trolls and elitists who think the good game design means appealing to only 10% of gamers. The idea of "balance" is a foreign concept.

No one wants an uber-ez mode class, but at the same time, going overboard and creating a class that is playable by only the best of the best in a large scale MMO (that is F2P no less), truly is, just bad game design. And those who support elitist design are guilty of bad reasoning.

But that's exactly the case... this game does not need the best of the best... this game was ridiculously easy, people just stood in te middle of the blue circle and spammed leftclick of the mouse till whatever was in front was dead, now... the game is just easy, the leveling is still super easy, the t1 dungeons are now all kind of players friendly(even the worse ones in pugs) and the t2 require a little more skill (yeah... getting out of the red circles!).

If you are unable to get out of red circles or you consider that for 5 seconds between you AS (still overpowered skill, but at least now is reasonable) and the next one you are unable to mantain your party alive i dont know how to help you, ask your partys to try to survive those 5 seconds, to avoid overpulling (ive noticed this, most pugs overpull like it was before patch, as you couldnt die before, they expect to be still inmortal now), speak with your GF and ask him to run knights valor when AS falls... do you guys really found the game fun with the AS alwais up and half of the times doubled?
  • twewenetwewene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did anyone else have issues reading this?

Is there a book for newbies with the acronyms, so I can understand ANY of this?