Install Arc
Options

not EVEN CLOSE to fun now

Comments

• Options
    phonzobruphonzobru Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    odinspath wrote: »
    I didn't say you broke any specific forum rule, however you don't see how your post is written in a way that directly reflects the opposite of what the rules of this forum try to maintain ?

Their is nothing wrong with not liking something, however all this doom saying and slander directed to this game is not called for, you aren't trying to better the game or this community you are just trying to put this game its developers and players down, maybe you get a kick out of that who knows.

You could have started a suggestion/poll thread on the matter or just posted your objections in a constructive way.

Trying to hard to sound smart, logical and reasonable while fundamentally talking complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. What a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    grifting3grifting3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    grifting3grifting3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just wanted to get this back up.

curious if the rest of you are enjoying the changes or got any tips so I can.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    odinspath wrote: »
    I didn't say you broke any specific forum rule, however you don't see how your post is written in a way that directly reflects the opposite of what the rules of this forum try to maintain ?

Their is nothing wrong with not liking something, however all this doom saying and slander directed to this game is not called for, you aren't trying to better the game or this community you are just trying to put this game its developers and players down, maybe you get a kick out of that who knows.

You could have started a suggestion/poll thread on the matter or just posted your objections in a constructive way.

If he didn't break a rule he didn't break a rule. There is no rule that says his post must be pleasing to you or presented in a manner you prefer. We have moderators to apply the rules. We don't need non-moderator forum cops.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    grifting3 wrote: »
    just wanted to get this back up.

curious if the rest of you are enjoying the changes or got any tips so I can.

I already posted my tips for surviving on a GF but you ignored them in favor of more whining about no more easy mode.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    I already posted my tips for surviving on a GF but you ignored them in favor of more whining about no more easy mode.

That's alright, eh? They were good tips. Some will benefit from them.
  • Options
    fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think they overnerfed several abilities on various classes but things are still doable. I however will not be running with anymore pug groups. You have to be flawless now to win and there are far too many people who don't know what they are doing.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

Really how does that apply here ? People say this about MMOs and the only logical conclusion you can come to is someone has to learn how to do their job.
    the previous incarnation was bad. groups not needing guardians, kicking gwf, and just ignoring red patches because AS was the super crutch for bad players. it had to be changed.

Why should any class be a must have ?
    if things are too hard now, the proper way to fix it is not to revert the changes and send fighters class back into the abyss.

the proper was is to adjust the damage so GF can survive it, and buff clerics other abilities so they are actually a well rounded healer.

Obvious is Obvious, except when devs feel the need to take it out on players.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sensationalism at best. Ran this twice in PuGs last night with 1 DC each time; noone with a gs over 9500. It was easy. Zero wipes.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would have to say, evey MMO I've played that attempted to settle the score and "fix" (nerf) the game to suit one set of players... well let me just say there all sitting on a dusty shelf wishing anyone would install them and play again. You cannot duo PVP with PVE, it never works, you adjust to make one side happy, you burn the other, and it goes back and forth until my statement above...
    I just used there respec, and now hope I am able to continue PVE, wont play PVp EVER so I am glad some are happy about the others taking a hit... hope that works out for them when theres none to PVP with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a lot of problems people are experiencing running dungeons now i think has do with people figuring out how to redo their builds since their has been so many changes to skills of all classes.

i know with my cw i was using a renegade build which did ok before the patch and absolutely horrible after the patch. since i redid my build as a thrauma mage build and re slotted different skills and my cw now is a lot better than it was pre patch! also having the companion beefed up does help as well. over all once you get used to the skill changes. the patch was as bad as some think it is.
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    hobieone wrote: »
    a lot of problems people are experiencing running dungeons now i think has do with people figuring out how to redo their builds since their has been so many changes to skills of all classes.

i know with my cw i was using a renegade build which did ok before the patch and absolutely horrible after the patch. since i redid my build as a thrauma mage build and re slotted different skills and my cw now is a lot better than it was pre patch! also having the companion beefed up does help as well. over all once you get used to the skill changes. the patch was as bad as some think it is.

Exactly this. The patch was great and once ppl figure out how to play with the new changes they will love it. Stop whining, respect, learn how to do your job now and enjoy!
  • Options
    edited June 2013

actually your tips were good but the only thing I was doing different was not using shield bash and I was using cleave. I will replace cleave w/shield bash when I get a chance to play again.

and the easy mode comment? I play the game to have fun as I said, IMHO I shouldn't have to make sure every person in a group is well seasoned and running a 12k GS just to have a chance at a successful run. running in a pug SHOULDNT be a painful experience 70%+ of the time. if I want stress ill get it from RL not a game that is suppose to be an escape from RL and be enjoyable.

then again im not as young as I once was, have a family, good job, nice toys, so my priorities are different than they were when I first started playing games. I no longer yearn to spend most of my day EVERYDAY playing a game to get the best stuff possible to have the biggest epeen.

YMMV
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello All,

I'm not up an the rule-set for D&D 3.5/4.0 rules but the game just came out, can people really expect to " Always " make it through Epic content all the time?

It just seems to me that people want to make it through everything and not die at any time during the whole experience,
    I'll use my PnP days and a Great Storyline of mods everyone should know, " DragonLance Saga " The group I played with had a Great DM, but if you think for a moment that everyone in the group made it to the end of that Mod chain your sadly mistaken.

We as players have to get out of that, " It's Not fair, I died this many times in a new game I know nothing about " attitude, I remember trying another MMO that had Major PVP to it, I hated it because I wasn't ready to try that yet, but it was part of the game.

I voiced my opinion about it on their forums, and basically I was told that is part of the game suck it up or find another game,

If the Devs are saying they are trying to balance the game that's great, if the end result of this is that NWO is going to be even more of a true group style game then that's great to...

Cripes!!!! Social games aren't meant to be done Solo....or I didn't think so??????

Cheers!

" We have been kicking other peoples Azzes for so long, I figure it's time we got ours kicked "

W.Dafoe ( Platoon )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    actually your tips were good but the only thing I was doing different was not using shield bash and I was using cleave. I will replace cleave w/shield bash when I get a chance to play again.

and the easy mode comment? I play the game to have fun as I said, IMHO I shouldn't have to make sure every person in a group is well seasoned and running a 12k GS just to have a chance at a successful run. running in a pug SHOULDNT be a painful experience 70%+ of the time. if I want stress ill get it from RL not a game that is suppose to be an escape from RL and be enjoyable.

then again im not as young as I once was, have a family, good job, nice toys, so my priorities are different than they were when I first started playing games. I no longer yearn to spend most of my day EVERYDAY playing a game to get the best stuff possible to have the biggest epeen.

YMMV

actually after looking back at your suggestions for GF. no ive not got tene and life drinker. I don't got a ton of AD just lying around to completely change out all my enchants. it took me a lot of time and farming to get the ones I have now. ill just wait and give it a week or two for the new patch to settle in before I start yet another long grind to replace the what was once good stuff I have now.
  • Options
    saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Bad players wiping? Who'd have thought. Sorry that you bad players can't get even past trash anymore. Enjoy your wake up call, terrible <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    galahad01 wrote: »
    but if you think for a moment that everyone in the group made it to the end of that Mod chain your sadly mistaken.

I venture to suggest that your tabletop days were very different from my tabletop days.

p.s. The 'G' in MMOG stands for game, not grouping. Massively multiplayer online does not mandate solo, small groups, or raids. Just lots of people in the same online world at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    I don't got a ton of AD just lying around to completely change out all my enchants.

You're in luck, double enchant weekend just started.
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well just finally got to run Epic Spellplague for first time after the patch. Tried it on my 11k tank specced GF thinking it would be

fun to get agro and hold for group (DC/CW/GWF/TR). WRONG, I get agro alright but w/o sufficient heals you just cant survive.. and yes I was blocking and popping pots like crazy. drop block to do anything and boom dead or close to it.

Solo healed epic spellplague last night. Easy as pie. Tell your healers to delete the game because they are bad.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Learn to play scrub.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    deacon777 wrote: »
    Solo healed epic spellplague last night. Easy as pie. Tell your healers to delete the game because they are bad.

The only t2 easier than SP is PK.
  • Options
    gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was good that they nerfed as, because all I did was stand there not have to block and keep attack. All I had to do was hold the attack and did not need to do nothing but that, so good that they nerf as makes it better. And if you go down more often get more defence duh, stupid people say they know but are duh.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I think MOST of you are missing one of my key points ENTIRELY.

Never have i said that dungeons are not doable. Never have i said changes werent seriously needed. My point is that with these changes you are no longer able to just advertise in /zone and get a group together and have even close to the same chance of succeeding anymore.

No longer can someone w/an hour or so of free time just jump on game and do a fast run. You need to be even more careful of who you take than ever before. There is even more emphasis on having a well played, well geared DC than ever before, and lets face it those were hard to come by already.

You dont gut the one skill (Divine AS) that the WHOLE game was evidently designed around w/o giving some buffs to the other rediculously sad DC abilities.
    You buff the tanks to take more hits and make CWs have something to negate their squishyness since they pull mad aggro and die easily.

And please if your one of the 10% that has more free time than the rest of us that dont have NWN on the top of our priority list then refrain from the l2p BS. The game has FAR more casual players than elitist. When all the casuals leave game b/c its no longer fun then you will see how much farming rewards you since the casuals and kids w/mommys credit card have left the game.

Wanting to jump on during DD for a run or two and expect some success isnt too much to ask for IMHO. If it is then the games not gonna be for.me anymore, nor countless others.......
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    phonzobru wrote: »
    Trying to hard to sound smart, logical and reasonable while fundamentally talking complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. What a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Completely agree with this post, gotta love customer service on a forum for a game that has such a low % to make it out the gate when it launches on the 20Th with all these issues the game is having. I'm not sure what the developers had in mind when putting this project together but clearly being successful in a very crowded mmo market wasn't one of them.

Players voicing their concerns on a forum where the developers spend more time posting **** on their Facebook page regarding server issues instead of posting the info on their game forums is pretty self explanatory of a company thats heading in the Wrong direction.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Never have i said that dungeons are not doable. Never have i said changes werent seriously needed. My point is that with these changes you are no longer able to just advertise in /zone and get a group together and have even close to the same chance of succeeding anymore.

No longer can someone w/an hour or so of free time just jump on game and do a fast run. You need to be even more careful of who you take than ever before. There is even more emphasis on having a well played, well geared DC than ever before, and lets face it those were hard to come by already.

You dont gut the one skill (Divine AS) that the WHOLE game was evidently designed around w/o giving some buffs to the other rediculously sad DC abilities.
    You buff the tanks to take more hits and make CWs have something to negate their squishyness since they pull mad aggro and die easily.

And please if your one of the 10% that has more free time than the rest of us that dont have NWN on the top of our priority list then refrain from the l2p BS. The game has FAR more casual players than elitist. When all the casuals leave game b/c its no longer fun then you will see how much farming rewards you since the casuals and kids w/mommys credit card have left the game.

Wanting to jump on during DD for a run or two and expect some success isnt too much to ask for IMHO. If it is then the games not gonna be for.me anymore, nor countless others.......
    I know you aren't going to like this ... but casuals can still easily find pug runs to do with merely an hour or two of free time. There are plenty of causal groups running all day, and they are having plenty of success. Since the patch I have done a couple of the t1s and a couple of the T2s in pugs with moderately geared players. Never have we double stacked clerics. We are clearing anywhere from 45 - 90 min depending on the dungeon. We aren't even strategizing past kill the adds.

10% of the people are mad and they speak the loudest. However, most people aren't wasting time here, but rather are having fun in the game.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The only t2 easier than SP is PK.

Karrundax! Easiest t2!
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I know you aren't going to like this ... but casuals can still easily find pug runs to do with merely an hour or two of free time. There are plenty of causal groups running all day, and they are having plenty of success. Since the patch I have done a couple of the t1s and a couple of the T2s in pugs with moderately geared players. Never have we double stacked clerics. We are clearing anywhere from 45 - 90 min depending on the dungeon. We aren't even strategizing past kill the adds.

10% of the people are mad and they speak the loudest. However, most people aren't wasting time here, but rather are having fun in the game.

Nope, actually your post gives me hope. I want this game to succeed b/c it has been enjoyable. My OP was simply my experience after the new patch for the first time. Whether the sky is falling or not is still to be seen, but either way some of the changes are a negative for sure and more changes need to be made.

Id be in game seeing for myself as well if i could but i dont have the time to commit at this time. So ive just been lurking on the forums untili can do so.

Im also discouraged knowing that no matter what if/when i decide to play im gonna prob have to refarm gear/enchants for my CW, DC and to some extent my GF..

*edit* not to mention the AD sink thats gonna be needed to unbind any enchants i just replace.
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

What are you proposing? That because of the randomness of pugs skills that bad clerics should be able to essentially carry a team of bad players?

Cause you're making statements about being careful who you take with you and the chance of your pug succeeding in a run.

These don't sound like healer issues to me, these sound like player issues. What do you suggest as an alternative? Clerics being able to basically heal through people just eating aoes and playing bad? As a cleric I take pride in that I can heal almost anything Ive attempted up to and including CN post patch. If the other 4 members of my team suck then well, I cant help them. My job is to heal, not coach randoms to play better.

The "fix" isnt to make healers more of a mindless healbot, the fix is to get other players to know how to play. Its not clerics fault everyone got so used to just being complacent and eating tons of damage under AS. You are aware that every class except guardian fighters get an evade right? Plus all big nukes from bosses/mobs are telegraphed WAY in advance right?
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    What are you proposing? That because of the randomness of pugs skills that bad clerics should be able to essentially carry a team of bad players?

Cause you're making statements about being careful who you take with you and the chance of your pug succeeding in a run.

These don't sound like healer issues to me, these sound like player issues. What do you suggest as an alternative? Clerics being able to basically heal through people just eating aoes and playing bad? As a cleric I take pride in that I can heal almost anything Ive attempted up to and including CN post patch. If the other 4 members of my team suck then well, I cant help them. My job is to heal, not coach randoms to play better.

The "fix" isnt to make healers more of a mindless healbot, the fix is to get other players to know how to play. Its not clerics fault everyone got so used to just being complacent and eating tons of damage under AS. You are aware that every class except guardian fighters get an evade right? Plus all big nukes from bosses/mobs are telegraphed WAY in advance right?

You seriously going to tell me that the bosses big *** Aoe it uses as well as the massive amount of mobs that get summoned that also use aoe is some how a unique, indepth boss mechanic? Really? The fact is Cryptic let the stupid CLeric As issue drag on for far, Far too long and players got used to it. Do I blame the players for using something that was made available for them too use, of course not, I blame the company that failed to address the issue long before now.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited June 2013

No my point is that the DC will have the weight of the team on their shoulders. Even a very competant DC will not be able to carry a bad group. My point is that DC is now by far the most important aspect of any run. Before you could overcome a lacking DC to some extent, but i fear now that even w/a good team if the DC isnt up to par you wont be able to make it, and from my experience their are plenty of just plain old bads in game. DCs in general were usually hardest to find for runs in general anyways, now they will be even harder to find and finding one that can solo heal will be harder still.