test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

not EVEN CLOSE to fun now

grifting3grifting3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
well just finally got to run Epic Spellplague for first time after the patch. Tried it on my 11k tank specced GF thinking it would be

fun to get agro and hold for group (DC/CW/GWF/TR). WRONG, I get agro alright but w/o sufficient heals you just cant survive.. and yes I was blocking and popping pots like crazy. drop block to do anything and boom dead or close to it.

Party had multiple wipes before the first boss. of course people finally got sick of it and just quit..

thought ok maybe was just a bad group although people seemed to be moving and not standing in stupid as much as possible.

soo I get on my 11k CW to give it a try. pretty much same thing multiple wipes until party quits.

its sad that the game was basically built around ONE SKILL, Divine Astral Shield but sadly that's the case and they nerfed it too hard, and gave DC's nothing in return to help.

and before all the elitist come saying l2p, you suck, adapt, etc.. I play games to have fun, I put up w/the multiple bugs, exploits, non existent customer support but this is just sad.

if im not having fun then there is no point, and im not alone. the game has ALOT more casual and semi hardcore players than top end elitist 40+hour a week players that might enjoy the new challenge.

I hope something is done but I seriously doubt it. if not ill just move along to something else no biggie, but I had high hopes for this game and its potential. sadly its just shaping up to be a quick money grab by a company that doesn't care what their players think...........

but if you enjoy the new changes then have fun in a game that's gonna be dead before its even had its SUPPOSED official launch
Post edited by grifting3 on

Comments

• Options
    creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    I think you're over exaggerating. I mean, as long as you have 2 DC and everyone in your group has a GS 12k+, everything is still fine!
  • Options
    grifting3grifting3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think you're over exaggerating. I mean, as long as you have 2 DC and everyone in your group has a GS 12k+, everything is still fine!

oh yea too true, sorry, what was I thinking
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry to hear you are not having fun.

Hope they will tweak the dungeouns soon.

For me on the other hand. I'm having so much fun.

My main rogue got to fully enchant, my alt rogue got to respec perma stealth, and my gwf is FINALLY fun to play in pvp.
    I'm actually content.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No man all the people complaining are just carebears who don't really know how to play. L2P, respec, adapt, gear up!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear you are not having fun.

Hope they will tweak the dungeouns soon.

For me on the other hand. I'm having so much fun.

My main rogue got to fully enchant, my alt rogue got to respec perma stealth, and my gwf is FINALLY fun to play in pvp.
    I'm actually content.

Actually, that is a good point, I had started a GWF but shelved it to grind out a Cleric because I wanted to be able to run some T2 dungeons.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, i saw on another thread how a cw was compalaining that "of cw is o nerfed, now ppl just ignore our damage in pvp, we are useless"
    With a lil moisture in my eyes....i thought to myself....That was my GWF ALL ALONG SINCE LVL 1 till 60.
    NOW......Muahahahahah, suckas better not ignore my 14k indomitable battle strike, followed up by my 18k crescendo!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    TL: DR

No more easy mode. Some won't be able to adapt. Epic dungeons are now epic.

Tip for surviving on your GF: Take Cleave off your bar, put on both Threatening Rush and Shield Bash. Use Bash to recover block meter quickly. Stack Tene's and Lifedrinker. Stack Regen. Get a Dancing Shield and put the Eldritch Stone in it.

What's your Dmg Resistance + Deflect at? I'm also at about 11k GS, did a 3/3 Tac/Prot spec. Sitting at 49% and 22%, feeling invincible.

Also your DC is going to have to learn about glorious Bastion of Health with the 10% dmg resistance feat. Severely underrated skill that I'm betting will be used much more often after update.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, i saw on another thread how a cw was compalaining that "of cw is o nerfed, now ppl just ignore our damage in pvp, we are useless"
    With a lil moisture in my eyes....i thought to myself....That was my GWF ALL ALONG SINCE LVL 1 till 60.
    NOW......Muahahahahah, suckas better not ignore my 14k indomitable battle strike, followed up by my 18k crescendo!

Im glad GWF got a buff, they def needed it. Just wish they didnt have to ruin the rest of game when they did it.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

the previous incarnation was bad. groups not needing guardians, kicking gwf, and just ignoring red patches because AS was the super crutch for bad players. it had to be changed.

if things are too hard now, the proper way to fix it is not to revert the changes and send fighters class back into the abyss.

the proper was is to adjust the damage so GF can survive it, and buff clerics other abilities so they are actually a well rounded healer.

the op has a point. previously the game ran on AS. however, it did have to be changed.
  • Options
    odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grifting3 wrote: »
    well just finally got to run Epic Spellplague for first time after the patch. Tried it on my 11k tank specced GF thinking it would be

fun to get agro and hold for group (DC/CW/GWF/TR). WRONG, I get agro alright but w/o sufficient heals you just cant survive.. and yes I was blocking and popping pots like crazy. drop block to do anything and boom dead or close to it.

Party had multiple wipes before the first boss. of course people finally got sick of it and just quit..

thought ok maybe was just a bad group although people seemed to be moving and not standing in stupid as much as possible.

soo I get on my 11k CW to give it a try. pretty much same thing multiple wipes until party quits.

its sad that the game was basically built around ONE SKILL, Divine Astral Shield but sadly that's the case and they nerfed it too hard, and gave DC's nothing in return to help.

and before all the elitist come saying l2p, you suck, adapt, etc.. I play games to have fun, I put up w/the multiple bugs, exploits, non existent customer support but this is just sad.

if im not having fun then there is no point, and im not alone. the game has ALOT more casual and semi hardcore players than top end elitist 40+hour a week players that might enjoy the new challenge.

I hope something is done but I seriously doubt it. if not ill just move along to something else no biggie, but I had high hopes for this game and its potential. sadly its just shaping up to be a quick money grab by a company that doesn't care what their players think...........

but if you enjoy the new changes then have fun in a game that's gonna be dead before its even had its SUPPOSED official launch

Click Me !!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    *edit dbl post
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @ OP.

Give it time bro. I believe ppl need some time to adapt. I'm sorry i can't give u pve input, but i can use PVP as an example.

For instance. I still see cleric dropping their AS in pvp and just standing on a spot, and STILL standing still when they see me running up, thinking their safe. LOL. and i still see CW spamming ray of enfeeblment, still see ppl ignoring my gwf thinking i can't kill nothing.....
    This all will change, when they die a few times and change up their tactics...i forsee in a weeks time, ppl would have changed up their build and skills, tactics, to suit the new patch.

However that being said....IF there is absolutely NO WAY to run a dungeoun anymore even AFTER trying every way and tactic....then , YES something would be done due to the excessive noise made on forums etc etc.

Hope you would not give up. Let it run for a week or so. All the best:)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    odinspath wrote: »

I suppose your telling me i violated some forum rule? I fail to see where i did so. I simply told my experiences after the new patch.

Since my experience was not a positive one i'm sorry to upset the fanbois that never find anything wrong with the COUNTLESS issues the game has.
  • Options
    diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm, did i miss the time when NW WAS fun, because i can't really remember that one ? Maybe if they would put some bosses into the dungeons it would be fun, but the lazy add spamming is not what i would call a fun boss encounter, at least not if it is the only one in game.
  • Options
    tkwan1tkwan1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @ OP.

Give it time bro. I believe ppl need some time to adapt. I'm sorry i can't give u pve input, but i can use PVP as an example.

For instance. I still see cleric dropping their AS in pvp and just standing on a spot, and STILL standing still when they see me running up, thinking their safe. LOL. and i still see CW spamming ray of enfeeblment, still see ppl ignoring my gwf thinking i can't kill nothing.....
    This all will change, when they die a few times and change up their tactics...i forsee in a weeks time, ppl would have changed up their build and skills, tactics, to suit the new patch.

However that being said....IF there is absolutely NO WAY to run a dungeoun anymore even AFTER trying every way and tactic....then , YES something would be done due to the excessive noise made on forums etc etc.

What else can CW's do aside from enfeeble? Our only chance is to drop you before you drop us. That was possible pre-balance. Now we pretty much enfeeble and hope your gap-closers are on CD and you can't get back to us when we dodge. If you can, then we're just walking meatbags.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @ OP.

The thing is for people to adapt we need more than a free respec. Its my understanding that the respec doesnt reset feats as well, which also need to be changed (am i wrong?).

Not to mention people, myself as well have invested alot of time/ad to get the gear and enchants they have now and those will need a total rework as well.

Not fun to realize all your gearing effort was for nothing b/c its all utter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with all the new changes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tkwan1 wrote: »
    What else can CW's do aside from enfeeble? Our only chance is to drop you before you drop us. That was possible pre-balance. Now we pretty much enfeeble and hope your gap-closers are on CD and you can't get back to us when we dodge. If you can, then we're just walking meatbags.

Ok, i'm going to resist to say "how does it feel to be the new gwf?"^_^ Lol, kk sorry...bad joke.

Ok.....More constructively. In my opinion. Time to slot repel into your tab, and add shield into your encounters. Enfeeble is no longer the 2 hit and just walk away skill....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The thing is for people to adapt we need more than a free respec. Its my understanding that the respec doesnt reset feats as well, which also need to be changed (am i wrong?).

Not to mention people, myself as well have invested alot of time/ad to get the gear and enchants they have now and those will need a total rework as well.

Not fun to realize all your gearing effort was for nothing b/c its all utter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with all the new changes.

About the respec. It reset everything. The powers, the feats and your stats attribution.
    Just that it is PRESSED from the button on your powers section, to use.

About the gear......That one i can see being bad. If a whole set was rendered useless due to changes...then that is effed up certainly.
  • Options
    odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I didn't say you broke any specific forum rule, however you don't see how your post is written in a way that directly reflects the opposite of what the rules of this forum try to maintain ?

Their is nothing wrong with not liking something, however all this doom saying and slander directed to this game is not called for, you aren't trying to better the game or this community you are just trying to put this game its developers and players down, maybe you get a kick out of that who knows.

You could have started a suggestion/poll thread on the matter or just posted your objections in a constructive way.
  • Options
    tkwan1tkwan1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shield so I can live slightly longer while I'm slowed/stunned. Fantastic.

Repel so I can...hope the gap closers are on CD?

Enfeeble was too strong, yes, but it was nerfed too hard just like DC's/Rogues.

The only good slot is still going to be enfeeble. It's still our ONLY chance to kill someone before we get rolled over, though we're more likely to get rolled over now than do the rolling. Glass cannon? Pfft. I'm brittle glass.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bad thing is, with the limited amount of abilities you can have slotted, they are gimping us into using only certain abilities, thinking they can keep up the healing. When you're getting owned while in shield, having to hit bastion earlier than you wanted, it's ages before one or the other cooldowns drops. Not much healing done while waiting. I usually just stand around throwing seal or using my one sun burst. Other than that, healing isn't great. They are basically forcing the mass use of potions. They should have just left shield cd alone.

Also, shocking execution is pretty weak. Seriously weak now. I understand weakening it a bit. But, 60% is rough. I hit a cleric with stealthed lashing blade, deft strike, then se and took a fifth health down, no healing. If they player is geared for pvp, not much you can do.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

when i read this the only thing i am left to assume is you have not even attempted to adapt yet.
    not to be mean, but if you are still playing the exact same way as before you will probably have problems.

i read in another thread where a guy was crying because they needed tanks now. it just blew my mind.

you can also go read other threads on this forum where people are adapting to the changes and saying they are running these dungeons just fine. they say it was hard at first, but they made adjustments and are getting it done.

stop being so emotional about it and think analytically. you will never solve a problem by getting mad at it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    odinspath wrote: »
    I didn't say you broke any specific forum rule, however you don't see how your post is written in a way that directly reflects the opposite of what the rules of this forum try to maintain.

Their is nothing wrong with not liking something, however all this doom saying and slander directed to this game is not called for, you aren't trying to better the game or this community you are just trying to put this game its developers and players down, maybe you get a kick out of that who knows.

Never put any of the players down. And like i said i posted my experience after this patch, hoping in fact that there is some miniscule hope that my post might sway the devs to do something so the game doesnt IMHO die a slow death, BECAUSE even w/all its faults i stiled enjoyed llaying up until this patch...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tkwan1 wrote: »
    Shield so I can live slightly longer while I'm slowed/stunned. Fantastic.

Repel so I can...hope the gap closers are on CD?

Enfeeble was too strong, yes, but it was nerfed too hard just like DC's/Rogues.

The only good slot is still going to be enfeeble. It's still our ONLY chance to kill someone before we get rolled over, though we're more likely to get rolled over now than do the rolling. Glass cannon? Pfft. I'm brittle glass.

Kwan...you and me both know...pre-patch...u ice>enfeeble>Dodge>strangle>enfeeble>dodge>Auto attack...nothing except soulforged or rogues impossible to catch can survive. Now u gotta WORK for the kill bro. Like all the other classes other than cw and tr had to for so long.....

I hope you find a new combo and way. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    when i read this the only thing i am left to assume is you have not even attempted to adapt yet.
    not to be mean, but if you are still playing the exact same way as before you will probably have problems.

i read in another thread where a guy was crying because they needed tanks now. it just blew my mind.

you can also go read other threads on this forum where people are adapting to the changes and saying they are running these dungeons just fine. they say it was hard at first, but they made adjustments and are getting it done.

stop being so emotional about it and think analytically. you will never solve a problem by getting mad at it.

I admit i havent tried to respec on my GF yet but thats b/c from the start i built to be a tank. Took all feats and enchants to be a meat shield and aggro magnet and gave up damage from the get go. So there isnt much i cando to be tankier than i already am.

I had already planned to respec my CW after patch for ma inly control and as much dmg mitigation as possible, just so no point after getting destroyed again while playing on my CW. If anything ill wait to see how this goes after a week or so then ill see what/if anything is proving to work, then spec that direction. As ive already said though finding out all your gear and enchants that youve spent alot of time/ad on are gonna need to be replaced is gonna be a hard pill to swallow....
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well, what do people expect. GF class is hardly much tankier than the others when shield is down. The class has to take hits but doesn't have the guard, health, or defense to do so without kiting, which another problem are those attacks not interrupted by movement. I am a GF as well, speced for defense+aggro and have to constantly run around, even with multiple shield buffs it breaks instantly, my HP drops rapidly if I ever get hit+I use the buff to intercept damage done to allies, so I'm forced to take damage at times. I just think they need to buff the defensive tree for GF, that way the DPS GFs don't receive any buffs. On top of that, every cleric I partied with so far could hardly keep my health up. They only fixed 1/3 the problem, they still needed to fix defense tree and give clerics more power into other skills considering the class depended on a single skill.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ^^^^^^^
    I had alot of mobs on me all the time because i was doing what i THOUGHT my job was, get aggro so the rest dont die. Problem is not NEARLY enough heals are coming. If i dropped my block to even try and use my daily that heals id end up dead or just a hit or two from it. Even when blocking some attacks get through and knock ya prone which is a death sentence with so many mobs on ya.

Also popping pots as soon as they were off cd didnt save me. Add to the fact that we cant move out of aoe fast like other classes b/c our shift IS block which screws us again. Like i said i was looking forward to being a real tank but i was sorely dissappointed. It was no fun at all.!
  • Options
    laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

the previous incarnation was bad. groups not needing guardians, kicking gwf, and just ignoring red patches because AS was the super crutch for bad players. it had to be changed.

if things are too hard now, the proper way to fix it is not to revert the changes and send fighters class back into the abyss.

the proper was is to adjust the damage so GF can survive it, and buff clerics other abilities so they are actually a well rounded healer.

the op has a point. previously the game ran on AS. however, it did have to be changed.

it sucks when you're way out of the red and it still hits you. If you've faced a red wizard or blazing skeleton you know what i'm talking about.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    The patch is very good, actually. Dungeon difficulty is about where it should be, as are the damage meters. Rogues are doing about twice as much damage as the other classes single target which is about right as well.

Additionally, heavy deterrents are in place with regards to TR/CW/DC stacking that did not exist before.

Great patch Cryptic!
  • Options
    brutallsbrutalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yesterday i did a Spellplague run with a pre made party in town and it was very good run. We died only when mobs pushed us down :)

Im GF tank build, and DC was very good to.
    Used maybe 5 max pots.

mostdamagetaken.png

And yes if DC is bad its rly hard to tank all the mobs....