What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Shield has been completely destroyed

Comments

• Options
    nostalgiamannostalgiaman Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, if Divinity Forgemaster's Flame is the band-aid for Divinity Astral Shield, where are we supposed to get all the Divinity from with all the running around? Sunburst isn't going to cut it. And look, that's all three Encounter powers spoken for with no choices. Nice.

My DC is retired until further changes are made to the class to make it less frustrating. AS may have needed the smack laid down on it, but that toppled a whole house of cards that needs rebuilding.
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well with the rest of your team actually doing what they are supposed to do it is supposed to mean less running around for you and so more chance to attack and build divinity.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can think of two reasons for this change. First, they listened too much to complaints from the PvP players who wanted all classes to be "equal" - and they just didn't care if it hurt PvE play..

Second reason is more subtle - the reduction in AS duration and reducing the uptime from 100% to 68% or so (assuming a typical 14.5s cooldown) means that clerics are a LOT less effective at healing - meaning again that everyone else has to do more work to stay alive - including getting better gear - including better enhanchments ... and yes, it means more Coalescent Wards will be sold for $$$.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    HU.jpg
  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    get off your comfort zone guys. its really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, seriously.. give other class a role, especially GFs and GWFs
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    I think I reroll on CW since there hasnt been any official statement about the DC-mess.

If they are not going to buff our other heals, I will quit DC definitly.

-1 DC on Dragon server - and I am not the only one.
  • Options
    marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    tahera1 wrote: »
    HU.jpg

You nailed it, the bottom line is, well, the bottom line. Sales trump all.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    johnygwapo wrote: »
    get off your comfort zone guys. its really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, seriously.. give other class a role, especially GFs and GWFs

Misguided AND homophobic! What's not to love... :(
  • Options
    ocragonocragon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oxiaction wrote: »
    I think I reroll on CW since there hasnt been any official statement about the DC-mess.

Same here!
  • Options
    derida12derida12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ocragon wrote: »
    Same here!

yep, signed
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Same here!
    derida12 wrote: »
    yep, signed
    Can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    My DC is retired until further changes are made to the class to make it less frustrating. AS may have needed the smack laid down on it, but that toppled a whole house of cards that needs rebuilding.

Same here. I almost quit entirely and went back to GW2
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • Options
    mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    I also quit my DC, screw it. I don't play a healer to stand around and "heal-bot" using sub-par healing spells that don't even cut it. I played a healer because it was fun, with mechanic's in place that made it so we could have 1 encounter spell to claim as our "own" and not for healing. Now it's SB > AS > wait and pray > FF(or HW) when AS drops > realize that heal pot's are better cleric's than you are now > recast AS > repeat same boring process...
  • Options
    skrootooskrootoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What, you wanted a holy trinity game with only two pieces right?
  • Options
    fouleaglefouleagle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After running through a couple of T2s and CN, the changes are definitely noticeable and remove a lot of margin-of-error wiggle room you previously had with 100% uptime double AS, etc...

This of course is bringing to light how terrible other players are (don't know how to tank, or move out of stuff, use pots, etc.). It will be interesting for folks now that they have to learn self survivability.
  • Options
    oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    I re-rolled to chloromancer, and I'm a lot happier with it. This is especially true in PvP :)
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fouleagle wrote: »
    After running through a couple of T2s and CN, the changes are definitely noticeable and remove a lot of margin-of-error wiggle room you previously had with 100% uptime double AS, etc...

This of course is bringing to light how terrible other players are (don't know how to tank, or move out of stuff, use pots, etc.). It will be interesting for folks now that they have to learn self survivability.

Kinda reminds you of levels 1 to 49 again yes ?

All those self survival skills you learnt on your way to level 50 will now pay off,so long as others learnt as well.If not we're all doomed,doomed I tell ya. =P
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oghier wrote: »
    I re-rolled to chloromancer, and I'm a lot happier with it. This is especially true in PvP :)

As did I. Rift ftp timed just right after this pile of...

Signing off

No, you can't have my stuff - I deleted all characters. Beg somewhere else.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Rift huh? Fun game? Do they **** on their playerbase there?
  • Options
    oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    mumnoch wrote: »
    Do they **** on their playerbase there?

Nope. They really don't.
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • Options
    tanekmdtanekmd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oghier wrote: »
    Nope. They really don't.

Yeah it's good timing. I downloaded Rift while the balance patch of doom was (very slowly) downloading. Only bad thing is that the RIFT servers are getting swarmed and the popular servers have 2-3 hour log in queues.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Good for Rift,it's been dead for far too long.It's servers might liven up a bit now,for how long though is the question.

Hope you all have fun playing Rift !
  • Options
    quexoquexo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Same here!

1+, rerolling CW
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was hard enough to heal yourself and I was NOT having fun on my cleric soloing so I deleted it before patch. After reading this it just confirms the fact that I was right in doing so and having that slot open for a better character to use.
  • Options
    blitterpongblitterpong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They really just need to add more divine gain to our other spells like BoS and DG etc so we can run a dungeon without having to use sunburst all the time for ap and dp gain.
    [SIGPIC]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/keuven/ghettosig2-2.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Strive ceaselessly to dominate your environment.

Be merciless in the execution of your duties, and show no pity to the weak.

Respect tradition and authority.
  • Options
    anvifianvifi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In several MMOs healers can do 50 to 100% heals with chaining effects etc. In Neverwinter we do 10% to 20% heals and too many heals are HoT based. It's not easy to save someone from ~10% health if they receive more big hits. We lack the "burst" heals.

Recent "rebalance" truly took all the fun out of playing cleric. I will now quit running instances.. I might come back if we get more powerful paragon path or better heals...

I wonder if Cryptic realizes in time what happens to a MMO game without healers online...?
    Anvi@anvifi (Dragon). Devoted Cleric 11k+ GS.
  • Options
    drekorsilverfangdrekorsilverfang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea, I decided to come back because of Zen price reductions which was my biggest complaint just to find my class nerfed into the ground. Typically speaking if you have a game where groups require a healer you need to be very careful with balance passes on them since if you over nerf them even slightly there is a mass exodus from what is likely the least played class in the game. With less people on a mandatory class everyone else has less fun to eventually just leads to huge amounts of people leaving the game.

Oh well PW trying as hard as microsoft to avoid my money.
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh well PW trying as hard as microsoft to avoid my money.

This /game
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    Good for Rift,it's been dead for far too long.It's servers might liven up a bit now,for how long though is the question.

Hope you all have fun playing Rift !

How is Rift these days? Been a long time since I logged in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    How is Rift these days? Been a long time since I logged in.

I don't know,same here. lol

but I was just wishing theothers going back to Rift GL and HF. =)