test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Shield has been completely destroyed

Comments

• oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Next, we will see patch notes saying that being able to pop into dmode at will without cooldown was not intended.

Or that righteousness was acting backwards and we should receive 60% less healing instead of 40% less.
    Or that searing light is not meant to hit more than 5 targets in divine mode.
    Or that daunting light is supposed to get it's damage reduced when hitting more than one target.
    Or that Forgemasters Flame was healing twice as much as expected.
    Or that sunburts was generating more divinity and action points than intended.

^
    Expect those, they are coming soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    So seeing how we are intended to be horrible healer's now are we supposed to respec to be light tanks?
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • uncannyluckuncannyluck Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Well, on the bright side they fixed Prophetic Action!
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    snappa0126 wrote: »
    So seeing how we are intended to be horrible healer's now are we supposed to respec to be light tanks?

This wouldn't be a good idea since Clerics only worked as tanks because we had high threat generation, that's being "fixed" too.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So it's back to punting dudes off cliffs like a poor man's CW, then?

Awriiiight!
  • iirciirc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well tried questing in the Underdark, after AS goes down my tank companion goes down immediately followed by me even with me spamming all my heals and potions. After dying over and over again, spending most of my gold on potions and kits, the only result is me getting frustrated and exiting the game. Seriously Clerics need some reliable healing skills for AS down time, Sunburst/FF/Healing word is laughable compared to the damage of those mobs who usually are in group of 5 or more.

Good game but at this rate this game is going down in flames.

Anyway taking a break from this game, hopufully something good happens for DC.
  • landragoonlandragoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    iirc wrote: »
    Well tried questing in the Underdark, after AS goes down my tank companion goes down immediately followed by me even with me spamming all my heals and potions. After dying over and over again, spending most of my gold on potions and kits, the only result is me getting frustrated and exiting the game.

Didn't even realize that. The AS change might force DCs into mandatorily questing the last few zones (at least Mt. Hotenow and Whispering Caverns) in a group. Even with AS, it was already hard enough to kill all the mobs charging at you, when Daunting Light doesn't oneshot the little ones and the big ones take at least two rotations, if not three. With AS now timing out, you might just get killed in those five seconds if you, say, pull two Flame Spikers, or two Drow. Or a Mastermind pack...
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    landragoon wrote: »
    Didn't even realize that. The AS change might force DCs into mandatorily questing the last few zones (at least Mt. Hotenow and Whispering Caverns) in a group. Even with AS, it was already hard enough to kill all the mobs charging at you, when Daunting Light doesn't oneshot the little ones and the big ones take at least two rotations, if not three. With AS now timing out, you might just get killed in those five seconds if you, say, pull two Flame Spikers, or two Drow. Or a Mastermind pack...

Erm... I solo quested all the way to 60, in mt hotenow, whispering caverns, and underdark. Not much problem. I even soloed those giants you had to kill in hotenow, with a few adds. Not sure if Im missing something, but it wasnt that difficult.

My solo ability set up is"
    Daily: Hallowed Ground / Flamestrike
    Encounters: Sunburst, Forgemasters Flame, Duanting Light
    At will: Astral Seal, Lance of Faith

Easy peasy.
  • mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    They are talking post patch, not pre-patch.
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Erm... I solo quested all the way to 60, in mt hotenow, whispering caverns, and underdark. Not much problem. I even soloed those giants you had to kill in hotenow, with a few adds. Not sure if Im missing something, but it wasnt that difficult.

My solo ability set up is"
    Daily: Hallowed Ground / Flamestrike
    Encounters: Sunburst, Forgemasters Flame, Duanting Light
    At will: Astral Seal, Lance of Faith

Easy peasy.
  • preludeiipreludeii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In my opinion one astral shield was never too strong, but two is what made it broken
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mumnoch wrote: »
    They are talking post patch, not pre-patch.
    Which of those abilities was nerfed in the patch?
  • woodlandwoods1woodlandwoods1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank goodness.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Thank you for your helpful and constructive post. As has been pointed out, it's not so much about the nerfing of AS, it's about the not having anything good to use when it's down.

D; Just ignore him. He's an embarrassment to our shard with his exploit braggery anyhow.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vinners wrote: »
    Idk guys, I'm taking this a bit differently.
    People actually have to DODGE now. Plus, with the ****ty returns on recovery for this CD, I'd take this as an opportunity to swap out some recovery for other stats like power or defense.

The question becomes "can your party survive 5 seconds without blue?"
    EVERYONE has to play smarter now. Your party members have to use pots (which they should be doing anyway) and dodge a bit more.
    YOU will have to pay attention to fights and know when the best time to put down the shield. That's going to take more concentration, and more skill. And we're a skillful bunch, yo.

So let's use the Preview to test out if parties can survive that 5 seconds. If you swap out some of that recovery for power, your heals should "hit" a bit harder to make up for it. Drop down to 3.5k recovery and then jack up your Power/Defense and see if it's really that much harder.

Did you actually think about how much it costs for us to exchange enchants? To pull out good ones that need to be saved and to replace those with new, different stats? This game is way too sinky to constantly swap enchants around like you have 50 million to burn but you guys had that all thought out when you decided to charge 6usd for a respec and 10.00 for a ward.

Furthermore, I appreciate sound advice from PW, but do it in a professional form and try to come off less like a over-aged leet-speaking 4chan has-been.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • silentsinssilentsins Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, the patch just hit, and the Cleric changes went in EXACTLY AS-IS...

GG guys, GG...
  • cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    silentsins wrote: »
    So, the patch just hit, and the Cleric changes went in EXACTLY AS-IS...

GG guys, GG...

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with DC's AS-IS.
  • tanekmdtanekmd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah the Divine Astral Shield duration fix killed the enjoyment for me. I don't care much about the stacking getting fixed, but I'm hoping for a sort of compromise, to extend the duration to maybe 12 or 13 seconds. Maybe that's too much to hope for though.
  • ospectreoospectreo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dear devs,
    I understand nerfs & buffs being needed during BETA but what you have done to the DC class with the multiple AS nerf has made the class the new GF. Near useless. I spent 60 levels and farmed full gear for mine now wont play it unless absolutely needed until you fix it (yes it now needs fixing because you broke it). Direct healing does not do enough on boss fights on epic and divinity does not come cheap when you have to attack to gain enough to maintain AS as well as direct heal. It's now impossible to maintain AS so lowbies will wipe on dungeons and pros will prob need dual DC to cover the gap. For a class that every group needed (just look in PE during DD and you'll see every group needs DC's) you really failed this one. I could show you exactly what you did if you want but I'm sure I wont be the 1st or last to tell you how ridiculous this is. Too heavy handed with not enough testing.
    edited June 2013
    ospectreo wrote: »
    Dear devs,
    I understand nerfs & buffs being needed during BETA but what you have done to the DC class with the multiple AS nerf has made the class the new GF. Near useless. I spent 60 levels and farmed full gear for mine now wont play it unless absolutely needed until you fix it (yes it now needs fixing because you broke it). Direct healing does not do enough on boss fights on epic and divinity does not come cheap when you have to attack to gain enough to maintain AS as well as direct heal. It's now impossible to maintain AS so lowbies will wipe on dungeons and pros will prob need dual DC to cover the gap. For a class that every group needed (just look in PE during DD and you'll see every group needs DC's) you really failed this one. I could show you exactly what you did if you want but I'm sure I wont be the 1st or last to tell you how ridiculous this is. Too heavy handed with not enough testing.

No you wont be the first nor the last to make rediculous comments on how impossible and broken DC's are now. The simple fact is DC's are not broken and the changes outside of 2xAS really have little impact on the DC's job.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and to top it off, righteousness stayed. /facepalm
    edited June 2013
    and to top it off, righteousness stayed. /facepalm

You realize clerics take almost 0 damage now with threat changes and a CW that knows how to control adds so we dont need to heal ourselves much anymore...
  • derida12derida12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well... thanks for taking out the fun from DC.... awesome....
    edited June 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    You realize clerics take almost 0 damage now with threat changes and a CW that knows how to control adds so we dont need to heal ourselves much anymore...
    Yep, solo adventuring with all those zero CWs and GFs is top notch with the aggro fix.

It's not ALL about dungeons. People still have to get from 0 to 60 to then spend their entire lives in PE spamming LFG, and with the downtime on AS, that is a hell of a lot harder, since solo: you still get ALL the aggro.

I mean, hell: clerics were spamming for help with solo dungeons even BEFORE the patch.
  • vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    landragoon wrote: »

Nobody should even do any of those quests till they are level 60 and need to level up a pet fast. 55-60 should be pvp.
    edited June 2013
    pvp is horrible though.

And to be honest, those quests are pretty nasty even at 60, with AS dropping like it does. It's like a free drider with every fight.
    edited June 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    No you wont be the first nor the last to make rediculous comments on how impossible and broken DC's are now. The simple fact is DC's are not broken and the changes outside of 2xAS really have little impact on the DC's job.
    Guess you haven't tried any T2 yet. AS cannot be maintained and pot spamming isn't allowed. So you are left with ASeal for TR's who can maintain reasonable HP but when the party gets hit by a boss AoE or stomped by an ad spawn there's not much you can do as a healer to get their hp from 20% back to 80%. GF's are tough too but GWF's and CW's are plain toast. What are we left with? Finding a cheap way to finish the quest because it's impossible to do it normally with a geared group. And as for playing that DC that cannot heal the group anymore? Sad. As for finding anyone that still likes DC after this nerf? I found 1 person that doesn't mind. Again, look around PE at DD time and see what people need.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Your burst AE heal when AS is down should be a Divinity Forgemaster's. I know, this isn't always possible with the chaos that is add-spawn bosses, but it's the absolute best burst heal you can do. I've been waiting until AS runs out now to hit FF on an elite mob to keep the party up.
  • darbisonhighdarbisonhigh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well, Clerics will now be easily be the hardest class to level. thanks cryptic, you guys are so smart. *sarcasm*
    edited June 2013
    Been playing my TR and cannot do any T2 properly. Trying to do FH before with a fully geared team (properly, no shortcuts) meant I burned over 50 pots and over 10 injury kits and we ended up calling it. Could always exploit like everyone is doing... seems to be the only way now.
  • snake0ilsnake0il Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Your burst AE heal when AS is down should be a Divinity Forgemaster's. I know, this isn't always possible with the chaos that is add-spawn bosses, but it's the absolute best burst heal you can do. I've been waiting until AS runs out now to hit FF on an elite mob to keep the party up.

Basically this. It still feels like you're putting a band-aid on a gusher until AS is ready, but it's manageable because they really nerfed the adds during boss fights.

The patch definitely lowered the fun factor for me a bit since I really don't have to do much tanking or kiting anymore, but I'm glad that my gf and gwf friends feel needed and have a role to play in groups now.