test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Shield has been completely destroyed

14567810»

Comments

• sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey all! Some more info about the changes to Astral Shield can be found here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?359712-Reasoning-behind-Astral-Shield-change

Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    The 'new information' is that they may nerf some dungeon encounters which are currently too hard. There's no indication that anything cleric-related will change. In fact, it points out that many players enjoy the new cleric style.

So, if you're a cleric player who doesn't enjoy playing one now, then, well... whatever?
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    They've deleted several post's pointing out the dis-pleasure most DC's have for the changes. It's easy to say "many players enjoy" based on forum's when you delete 50% of the negative posts lol. Speak with your wallets, I for one will not be putting any more money into this game until they revamp the cleric to no longer be solely a healbot and give me back a cleric that can heal and have fun (DPS/Debuff/enjoy the content).
  • theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    Not true. We have several endgame healers successfully put us through the hardest T2s in my guild, you are welcome to join us on Mindflayer, we are called "Shadow Empire".

Sorry about the shameless plug :p

Anyway, it put a lot of demand on other classes to do their job instead of just spamming dps at the boss inside the circle. If you think 8 sec is not enough your team isn't getting it right.

Having said that, reduced duration is not part of the patch so probably will be fixed in the future.
  • torch13torch13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Blah blah blah, Cleric class going to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, etc." I've started healing epics and haven't found any of the issues that people have mentioned in this thread. Guess I still think the class has a lot to offer :P
  • skrootooskrootoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been healing in MMOs for 10+ years. This game went from "most fun I've had healing in an MMO" to "I'm not healing anymore" in one patch.

I can't blame all of this on Cryptic. It's 50% cryptic and 50% the community. The only healing class is poorly designed from the start; putting so much emphasis on one single skill with no reasonable direct heals.

It makes sense from a PvE standpoint that Cryptic would nerf builds that allow almost 100% uptime on an encounter power. It makes zero sense that Cryptic would build fights around one class having a single build in order to accomplish them.

Again we have a PvE game with PvP tacked on as an afterthought where required PvE abilities are nerfed because they were OP in PvP. You want to make a game with PvP that makes any sense whatsoever? Start with that and make the pve fit the pvp style. It's the only way it'll work. So many games have classes built around fears and stuns for PvE then people start *****ing because in PvP they are "broken." Of course they are broken. Your design was flawed from the beginning.

So you've got the only healing class built around a single ability. You get the entire community used to standing in <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they should be dodging out of. Take that ability away and the community starts to blame the guy who isn't keeping them alive anymore with that OP ability that most of them have been *****ing about for weeks.

After four T2 pugs of people pissing and moaning about their potion usage, I'm done. I'm not sitting around listening to some guy tell me "I have a healer and you suck" who probably has a level 20 cleric. Yeah well buddy I just watched you and the ENTIRE REST OF THE PARTY stand in four different AoE's without dodging while I was at zero stamina. Yeah, I'm the problem.
  • vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skrootoo wrote: »
    I've been healing in MMOs for 10+ years. This game went from "most fun I've had healing in an MMO" to "I'm not healing anymore" in one patch.

I can't blame all of this on Cryptic. It's 50% cryptic and 50% the community. The only healing class is poorly designed from the start; putting so much emphasis on one single skill with no reasonable direct heals.

Your spot on that this game is not fun anymore, but I disagree about the class being poorly designed from the start. Giving clerics the ability to heal as an afterthought to the other fun stuff is what made it fun. Maybe the heal needed toned down, and everyone pretty much agreed with the stacking being an oversight. However I saw solo heal builds of clerics doing all kinds of DPS, or CC, or tanking. Now they are pigeonholed into astral shield, and two trash heals for when AS is down, with Hallowed Ground on emergency push. No sense in even talking about PVP which was my favorite part of the game because we are removed completely from usefulness in that.

I've also played clerics since EQ1. This is as bad of a patch as when they made every point of heal count as a full point of aggro in EQ. After that patch the EQ developers listened to the community a bit more before doing dumb stuff. That's probably why in planetside the developers - not community managers - are always on reddit talking back to the players on a one to one basis. Smedley the head honcho finally learned his lesson of being to prideful to consider player feedback.
  • xouk87xouk87 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    If anyone is happy about the new As i would like to see a vid , where wearing t1 ( slotted with 6 ranks tops) and lesser enchants tops with a group geared same way and normal companion does spider temple for example. If you can't the game is designed to pay ( or abuse bugs in many cases hey-o ) to be able to complete some of its content. I'm not talking about pvp , because 1v1 good cleric will always lose with mediocre player of any other class and i doubt that will change ever. If devs are saying people are enjoying the new "cleric balance" while on cleric forums 70% of posts are nerdraging QQ about how everything went to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ( which I agree) it obviously means they madea decision, it was bad but they wont go back. because you know that would be admitting that the idea was bad.
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vinners wrote: »
    Idk guys, I'm taking this a bit differently.
    People actually have to DODGE now. Plus, with the ****ty returns on recovery for this CD, I'd take this as an opportunity to swap out some recovery for other stats like power or defense.

The question becomes "can your party survive 5 seconds without blue?"
    EVERYONE has to play smarter now. Your party members have to use pots (which they should be doing anyway) and dodge a bit more.
    YOU will have to pay attention to fights and know when the best time to put down the shield. That's going to take more concentration, and more skill. And we're a skillful bunch, yo.

So let's use the Preview to test out if parties can survive that 5 seconds. If you swap out some of that recovery for power, your heals should "hit" a bit harder to make up for it. Drop down to 3.5k recovery and then jack up your Power/Defense and see if it's really that much harder.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it when you either are in PvP getting beat on or in an instance that spawns so many adds you cant even target a boss.
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow like what... 5 whole seconds of downtime? OH NOOOO WE CLERICS CANT DO ANYTHING NOWWWW QQQQQ. Jesus Christ. This community will cry over the smallest things. If you can't go 5 seconds without your OP fuqwidit AS then you don't deserve to be doing T2s.

Feel like logging in and trying it? You would cry harder afterwards. lollll