test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - 06/13/13 (Look here for slow launcher patching)

Comments

• Options
    baium666baium666 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    finally , done ! Gl to u all :)
  • Options
    iwantwowiwantwow Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2013
    Dang it stoped at 84% and holding ...com'on already!!!
  • Options
    xerokewlxerokewl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every time I try to patch the game crashs my computer I have had this issue sevral times I past when playing and only with this game and now it crashs very soon into the patch some any one else seeing this issue
  • Options
    jones4winjones4win Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well its not stopping for me just doing really really slow....it is at 25.6% now... but its already 3 hours downloading....please dev's give us a headsup soon...:(
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    finally got patched but extreme lag/rubberband in game and disconnected twice.

frustration. but to be fair this is typical "patch day" stuff though.
  • Options
    iwantwowiwantwow Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2013
    well I have 212mb to patch ...and at 20%. I stoped it at 84% when I had 1368mb to patch. So still moving at same rate when I stoped the 2nd time. But way faster then when I orignaly started the patch.
  • Options
    shadydeelershadydeeler Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    finally got patched but extreme lag/rubberband in game and disconnected twice.

frustration. but to be fair this is typical "patch day" stuff though.

yea ive D/C 10 times now and every 5 sec get disconected from server than reconnected in the middle of a mob fight and DIE. im logging for now hopefully later tonight it will be all fixed..
  • Options
    cr4zyrang3rcr4zyrang3r Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Geez so much for that 2 hour downtime. sounds like the devs need to fix the launcher or disperse the patch into smaller increments.
  • Options
    xerokewlxerokewl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This patch was suppose to fix the out of memory bug not make it appear in the patcher Please fix this as a founder I would like to play the game I am financially invested in :(
  • Options
    xxspellflingerxxxxspellflingerxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey neverwinter fans,

we're going to perform maintenance on all shards starting tomorrow morning, 6/13, at 7 a.m. Pdt (pacific) (when is it in your time zone?) to apply our newest patch from preview onto live servers. the estimated downtime is 90 minutes, but that may be extended if we experience any issues during maintenance.

patch notes are located here. There are various changes that are different from our original "balance and gameplay" update patch notes.

We'll work to get you in game as quickly as possible once maintenance begins!

Cheers,
    pin

7 am update: Maintenance has now begun.
    7:30 am update: Maintenance is going along smoothly.
    7:52 am update: Maintenance may be extended 30 more minutes.
    8:30 am update: Eta to completion is around 30 minutes from now. We'll update you if that changes.
    9:15 am update: Maintenance is complete!
    12:30 pm update: We've deployed a new version of the launcher to solve the slow patching issues. Please restart your launcher to update it! Please also note that patching will resume where it left off, even if the launcher shows a zero percentage when it's restarted. Thank you!

my sound in game is not working how do i fix?
  • Options
    malcomgtxmalcomgtx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, it will. You can open up your Powers window, via a button in the lower left to reset them.

So far as I can tell its only free for powers. Why not feats as well? They are intertwined. I would have taken different feats.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    xerokewl wrote: »
    This patch was suppose to fix the out of memory bug not make it appear in the patcher Please fix this as a founder I would like to play the game I am financially invested in :(

This is precisely why I chose to play for free. If this game tanks on launch day because of launcher issues or game stability then I feel sorry for the peeps who dropped the $200+. Let's hope the devs right the ship before launch... I would hate to see this game end up like Diablo 3 launch day.
  • Options
    bordishbordish Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When the game officially launches, will all the characters including the items will be wipe or reset??
  • Options
    scorpiusx73scorpiusx73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    12:30 pm update: We've deployed a new version of the launcher to solve the slow patching issues. Please restart your launcher to update it! Please also note that patching will resume where it left off, even if the launcher shows a zero percentage when it's restarted. Thank you!

I restarted the launcher which updated and now its patching SLOWER THAN BEFORE!!!!!!!! 6 Hours I've been patching this, SIX FRIGGIN HOURS. C'mon PWE get your head out of your arses and sort your **** out!
  • Options
    pasainpasain Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    Closed launcher, let it update(to fix the slow patching). Still patching at 5kb/sec. Luckily only 381MB to go, hopefully it will be finished by tomorrow..

Restart of client will still try and continue from the 381MB mark even though it is 13% or so in, although atleast it speeds along to the last point it was upto, then hits slowmode.
  • Options
    vorphevorphe Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    Now that it patched up, it's stuck in minimized form on my taskbar o.O
  • Options
    darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    I got the new launcher.....1hr downloading and only 20% complete. OMG WHY??!!!!
  • Options
    vorphevorphe Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    vorphe wrote: »

And I found a thread from 2011 on STO's forum that the PWE mod called it the "hidden screen bug" lol, apparently it's a known issue with pwe games?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And I found a thread from 2011 on STO's forum that the PWE mod called it the "hidden screen bug" lol, apparently it's a kown issue with pwe games?

OMG PWE has now dispatched the secret-squirrel server gnomes...... you leaked sensitive information. lock your doors
  • Options
    hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    my launcher wont even open since this maintenance.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013

mine has been this way since the maintenance started.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Only power respec? No feat respec?
  • Options
    stricksocke24stricksocke24 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alecstorm wrote: »
    Only power respec? No feat respec?

I would like to know that too, is there only a power respec? Would be total bull**** if yes, 'cause due to the feat changes I need a respec for that -.-
  • Options
    notaperfectnamenotaperfectname Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Noticing a huge dip in FPS after this latest patch, probably a 25% reduction. My system is no slouch, and nothing has changed on my machine. I tried playing through it and had to quit. I refuse to reduce my quality settings as they ran perfectly before all this.

Please address this issue and let me know how I can help solve it.

System is I5-2500K/Nvidia 460GTX/16GB DD3 RAM. For specifics I can send in a DX snapshot.
  • Options
    shadydeelershadydeeler Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Noticing a huge dip in FPS after this latest patch, probably a 25% reduction. My system is no slouch, and nothing has changed on my machine. I tried playing through it and had to quit. I refuse to reduce my quality settings as they ran perfectly before all this.

Please address this issue and let me know how I can help solve it.

System is I5-2500K/Nvidia 460GTX/16GB DD3 RAM. For specifics I can send in a DX snapshot.

yeup i keep lagging and D/C from the server every 8 sec that i was on.. i just spent 1500 on this laptop specifically for gaming and im not reducing ****.
  • Options
    stricksocke24stricksocke24 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, no feat respec? what a bull****..
  • Options
    loodkoshibaloodkoshiba Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    went out for a few beers, patch downloaded perfectly...but had to notice, game crash more often
  • Options
    ndjesterndjester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys are lucky ... for hours (all day really) I cant get past the "Patching" stage in the bottom left ... I cant even achieve a % yet and it doesnt look like it is going to change.
  • Options
    tlawtlaw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My launcher patched fine earlier and game ran fine as well but when I went to play this evening the launcher wouldn't load at all? I sent a ticket, but wondered if anyone else is having this issue?
  • Options
    skrvyskrvy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Same issue here. Sitting on the tool bar on bottom. Downloaded another launcher exe, thinking maybe mine had been corrupted, but once it patches it has the same issue.

Tried just bypassing it and opening the game exe itself, but no dice, won't log in like that it seems.

Edit. Found a work around, basically you need to right click the short cut, and under "run" choose Maximized. Both normal and minimized are borked.