test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.3.20130529d.6

Comments

• rockstar022rockstar022 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For those asking about patch size, yes it's over a gig. Mine was around 3gb because I have patch-on-demand turned off.

I really do wish it would download faster. MOAR MIRRORS! RAWR!

:)
  • chaclonchaclon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah but reducing the base damage of the highest level tier power move by 60% is going to make it useless... when it doesn't crit it only hits for 2000 when it does crit it hits from 20K to 50+K for me. Whiners complained about it because of PVP... but they forget that attack was also designed for Dungeon Delves now making it a useless power for end bosses. When the same bosses take a lot longer to kill because of this TRs will become a useless class for Delves. May as well have GFs and GWFs instead.

Now I built a scoundrel class I use for PVP and like it more than the executioner class so crits are not important to me anyway, as it's my base damage that matters.... but he's not goign to be as effective on end bosses as an executioner TR used to be.

Personally I don't understand why it's not possible to balance PvP and PvE separately, but I am not a programmer so I'll reserve judgment.
  • maqernmaqern Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axeraver69 wrote: »
    really nice patch! maintenance was extended till 9am so it should be up any minute now :)
    I live in norway,when will i be able to play again? i cant log in to the game? :S
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what is wrong with patching server???? gettting hardl any bandwidth at all
  • jajajaexistiertjajajaexistiert Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wayne shocking exe, lurkers+lashing ftw.
  • rockstar022rockstar022 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what is wrong with patching server???? gettting hardl any bandwidth at all

Whatever they use to distribute patches can not handle the demand.
    edited June 2013
    Whatever they use to distribute patches can not handle the demand.

With this bandwidth i wont be on for 6 hours LOL

i can download at 20mbps (2mbps throughput) at the moment im getting dial up speeds haha
  • axeraver69axeraver69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maqern wrote: »
    I live in norway,when will i be able to play again? i cant log in to the game? :S

http://www.thetimenow.com/pdt/pacific_daylight_time
    the info bout time on launcher is given in PDT and UTC :)

I've got trouble now with patching, prolly too many ppl now
  • bowiethemantisbowiethemantis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cladik wrote: »
    i started patching now, i just want some confirmation, this patch is 1618mb?

I got that one at first, then it stopped/finished and got a 560Mb one, that one got stuck at 11%, so I restarted, and now I have 1431Mb
    I have no idea what's going on lol
  • raengreyraengrey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My patching has stopped completely at 58.3% :(
  • maqernmaqern Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axeraver69 wrote: »
    http://www.thetimenow.com/pdt/pacific_daylight_time
    the info bout time on launcher is given in PDT and UTC :)

I've got trouble now with patching, prolly too many ppl now

Thanks,i had problems with patching too it wass too slow ,so i closed the window and restarted the game in hope for the speed to go faster,but then it said that they extended the maintenance. Usually i have a high speed download at home but i dont think they're servers can handle so many ppl downloading at the same time, right?
  • lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yep, tomorrow.

Powers
    • All characters now have a free respec. This respec can be used in the Powers screen, via a button in the lower left. This respec will not stack with future free respecs granted in this way."

Hopefully we will also be able to re-roll our initial ability scores, as massive class changes are taking place.
  • tr0llra1d3rtr0llra1d3r Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    will there ever be patch.zips that can be downloaded separately from the client, as with BOI and WOI?
    edited June 2013
    Patch server now down ???

keeps disconnecting and restarting.
  • slaskfettanslaskfettan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup, somethings definately iffy with the server.
  • hiekhiek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope, the servers can't handle the traffic. "Trying to update the launcher, please be patient". Guess i have to try again tommorow..
  • vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patcher not working, launcher now crashing and all hell is breaking loose WHAT THE FIRETRUCK!!!
  • specialnessspecialness Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Players may no longer be kicked from PvP maps unless they are disconnected: This is going to ruin PVP for a lot of people. There are already too many bots in PVP matches as it is. By bots I mean characters who have little or no gear (LVL 10 gear in a LVL 50-59 match) These bots will generally continually walk the exact same path to one of the scoring tower over and over as they die. I've also seen some bots get stuck in corners at the starting zone for the entire match. The only way this change would be acceptable is if there were a minimum gear score for participating in PVP matches.
  • ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why is taking soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long for the patch to come through???? I know I don't have the worst ever CPU since I just recently got it and to specific requests mainly for gaming....reminds me of dial up....for those that do not know what dial up is because I am a ancient wizard....is when phone lines used to be the internet pathway..
  • opetnemamimeopetnemamime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    restarting launcher help's a bit
  • kilaukkilauk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    looks like its overloaded indeed. One of my PC's is stuck at 4%, the other at 0% for 15 minutes now. (After a lot of tries to get the launcher to load in the first place):p . Ah well guess patience is the only option now.

Update: looks like it's restarting the downloads.. hmmm....
  • vildhjarta12vildhjarta12 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grrrrrr i have to work soon! wtf my patch restarted and now stuck at 10% of 502 mb
  • axeraver69axeraver69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ragnarog3 wrote: »
    why is taking soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long for the patch to come through???? I know I don't have the worst ever CPU since I just recently got it and to specific requests mainly for gaming....reminds me of dial up....for those that do not know what dial up is because I am a ancient wizard....is when phone lines used to be the internet pathway..
    it doesn't have anything to do with your CPU, it's the server side issue, it can't handle so many requests
    imagine you wanted to log in like hour or two hours ago so you try after the downtime + people who want to try game after changes = current situation
  • rratedrrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still waiting to update, stuck at 56% hasnt moved in 20 min even after restarting the client
  • ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WHAT the willy flipp? The patch keeps starting all over again....hey...hello....master gamers of the never void....anybody out there with a simple answer??
  • opetnemamimeopetnemamime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yup i am stucked there too.........
    guess this is to mutch for server

and now i am back at 850 MB again after forced restart......... cool
  • mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    launcher is still at 11% for a 436 mb download. I closed the launcher about 10 times already. the launcher is restarting again:(
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patcher just crashed, can't reconnect. I'm getting script errors now too.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • tc39tc39 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I remember my first game update via dial-up. It was Half-Life and was around 85 MB, It took all night. lol I have DL this patch twice and on the third time i gave up when it hung up again. I will be waiting on a fix before I try it again. Apparently testing a patch before you go live with it is an outdated idea, in this launch it and fix it later world.
  • scarvengerrscarvengerr Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    omg Patch i need the PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!the servers not working.aaaaaa.....
This discussion has been closed.