test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - 06/13/13 (Look here for slow launcher patching)

Comments

• Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    In the State of the game it said you guys were working on "On top of that, we have also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class."

Are we getting a respec then too? It sounded like the paragon paths were coming when the game goes LIVE? Is that no so?

New Paragon paths won't be available for live launch, but they are in the works.

Free respec then? We hope so. It's too early right now for us to discuss that but we'll inform you well ahead of time when major updates or changes come.
  • Options
    vetcorevetcore Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    5 stars to the devs for the great work.
  • Options
    mystra007mystra007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there at date at which founder's packs stop being available?
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    colluzion wrote: »
    You're a fool. Rogues were buffed in this latest patch, stop your mindless whining.

You are rude and no they weren't. Duelist's Fury and Shocking Execution are the two most important PVE moves for a Rogue at higher level. Throwing a bone with the encounter/power stat correlation does not make up for nerfing the class into the ground.
  • Options
    dalang3ddalang3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    7 days before the actual "launch" and Cryptic already can't wait to destroy the Rogue class...

Not Just Rogue ... I think Cleric Also Destroyed... Because only astral shield thath make Cleric still Alive
  • Options
    nogoodatnamesnogoodatnames Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everybody always thinks that their class getting nerfed is "nerfed into the ground", but let's be honest rogues needed a nerf, or everybody else needed a boost.
  • Options
    skelbojannskelbojann Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nobody crying about the DC nerf.

WHY, PWE, WHY????

Although it might not help anything here.
    Please revert the duration nerf for Astral Shield. Removing the stacking is totally fine.
    I think though that after patch you will need to run 2 DC that time their shield to have one up all the time.
    I really hope that gets reverted =)
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    ETA to completion is around 30 minutes from now. We'll update you if that changes.
  • Options
    serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    skelbojann wrote: »
    Nobody crying about the DC nerf.

WHY, PWE, WHY????

Although it might not help anything here.
    Please revert the duration nerf for Astral Shield. Removing the stacking is totally fine.
    I think though that after patch you will need to run 2 DC that time their shield to have one up all the time.
    I really hope that gets reverted =)

Anyone here complaining about it actually test it in the preview server? Didn't think so. A guildie of mine in full cn gear is loving it, he has more time to dps instead of run for his life with all the aggro.
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Yes 5 stars to the admins and devs for keeping us up to speed on things.

SWTOR they never tell us about patches until AFTER. Have to get on the Public Test Server to even GUESS what is going on.

And to further clarify their ungreebliness; their FORUMS are DOWN WHILE MAINTENANCE! UGGH!

Glad your team is more player/user/customer friendly.
  • Options
    theliethesametheliethesame Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My Launcher is downloading and patching atm. I guess this is the actual patch?

Just finished , 1616 mb i think?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My Launcher is downloading and patching atm. I guess this is the actual patch?

Just finished , 1616 mb i think?

Yes, that is it. It may be larger or smaller depending on if you've pre-patched lately.
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :cool:thumbs up for information lvl from dev's :cool:
  • Options
    andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thnx, great work guys,
    will be interesting to see how the changes will pan out !
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    THANK YOU for the great job on the maintenance progress. Really appreciate this.

P.S. There must be a LOT more to this patch than what was on Mimic. I logged into Mimic 3-4 times a day to keep the code current and did so again about 20 minutes to the Maintenance start time. And now I've got nearly 1GB to patch? And yes, it's creeping along at 33-50Kbps. I suppose because of the load on the shards.
  • Options
    marlasingersmarlasingers Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dalang3d wrote: »
    Not Just Rogue ... I think Cleric Also Destroyed... Because only astral shield thath make Cleric still Alive

The Cleric has been destroyed, long live the Cleric. And people who overreact to everything.
  • Options
    theliethesametheliethesame Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes, that is it. It may be larger or smaller depending on if you've pre-patched lately.

Well ,I had downloaded the preview shard if that helps. It is nice to be able to patch the game while servers are down. Saves time :)
    Thanks for the info keep the good work up
  • Options
    realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh god..I need to patch 3gigs worth of data T_T
    Admiralsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    serpenttt wrote: »
    Anyone here complaining about it actually test it in the preview server? Didn't think so. A guildie of mine in full cn gear is loving it, he has more time to dps instead of run for his life with all the aggro.

You are right, i did not test it. But he loving the playstyle does not mean it is useful for the group.
    GF will just be necessary now i think. I will just have to see in 15 min though =)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    realbo wrote: »
    Oh god..I need to patch 3gigs worth of data T_T

I think what's standing there are the files that have to be patched on your hdd, not the amount you have to download.
  • Options
    jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    This patch is SOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.
    Been running for an hour, moving at .1%/min! Ugh.
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    50% and i just started patchin a about 2-3minutes ago ;)
  • Options
    kazanlikkazanlik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One per char.

and the free respec tokens stack on top of the 1 respec we got from the founders pack, correct? That is, if I use the free one on all my chars, I'll still have the 1 token extra I have not yet used from the founder pack to use on any character?
  • Options
    dalang3ddalang3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cannot Wait... What Will Happen after Major Patch :cool:
  • Options
    bridgeburner1122bridgeburner1122 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I gotta say, I'm rather impressed with cmpinpointerror's attention to this thread. Blizzard and Bioware both have a nasty habit of cherry-picking which threads and questions they wish to address, but the admin attending to this thread has been Johnny-on-the-spot through the whole maintenance cycle. I remember not too long ago Bioware had a maintenance cycle that lasted 3 times longer than it was supposed to (almost 24 hours) and no one heard even so much as a peep from them. It's good to see the attention being paid.
  • Options
    doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This patch is SOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.
    Been running for an hour, moving at .1%/min! Ugh.

Yes, they still have a horrendous problem with their launcher/patching for at least some of us. The first 2.5/3GB's (80%+) for me downloaded within seconds on my 250MB internet. Now i have 430MB's left and its moving at .1% a minute for me to. I can cancel button, restart launcher and it resumes from where it left off but still has the same problem. It has NOTHING to do with server load, bandwidth, hard drive speed (raided SDD's), all the normal junk I hear people throw out there. There is simply something very wrong at play.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I gotta say, I'm rather impressed with cmpinpointerror's attention to this thread. Blizzard and Bioware both have a nasty habit of cherry-picking which threads and questions they wish to address, but the admin attending to this thread has been Johnny-on-the-spot through the whole maintenance cycle. I remember not too long ago Bioware had a maintenance cycle that lasted 3 times longer than it was supposed to (almost 24 hours) and no one heard even so much as a peep from them. It's good to see the attention being paid.

I sign that. Although the communication could be better in other areas, the maintanance information is prefect =)
  • Options
    jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    valliv wrote: »
    50% and i just started patchin a about 2-3minutes ago ;)

Yeah getting to 50% was quick. Then it crawled.
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013

Not to kiss up too much, but I fully agree. These guys are much better than what we have been exposed to of late.
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Same, when i start launcher it gobbles up all of my 30mb bandwith only to drop off to slowpoke land after a few seconds.