test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - 06/13/13 (Look here for slow launcher patching)

Comments

• Options
    judgemelaterjudgemelater Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    I've been waiting for this day for long. Great job on the game and hopefully this patch will make the game even more fun to get into again!

Server: Mindflayer | Class: Control Wizard | Char name: Archmage Sinjina | Level 60 | Gear Score: 9,993
  • Options
    talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Giggidy

10characters
  • Options
    macdante1macdante1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    luscarion wrote: »
    Will it be 1 respec per character or 1 per class (like the founder's pack seems to be...=\)?

This same question from me
    How many respec token we get? One for account or one for CHAR ?
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I report a bug on PTS and it gets fixed. 'Twas a good day. :)
    macdante1 wrote: »

Probably 1/char, would make sense. Maybe with some additional limits (for example, if I were doing it, I wouldn't give any to toons under lvl10).
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    at least I get to see as a cleric who plays PvP quite a lot whether clerics fair well in PvP after these changes or if I simply quit the game entirely (if I can't kill others, they constantly control me so I can't play any of my moves not even my at wills, if I can't score points very well after the healing assists no longer get counted, and if all I basically get to do is die and never place well while being player mobbed then I'm never looking back at this game). I can't believe they increased control stacking, I already can't do anything much of the time during fights due to the insane affects (I cast something and my slower spells are averted the opposition plays anything that stuns or controls a good half second or so after my cast).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    (if I can't kill others, they constantly control me so I can't play any of my moves not even my at wills, if I can't score points very well after the healing assists no longer get counted, and if all I basically get to do is die and never place well while being player mobbed then I'm never looking back at this game

You know, if I'm reading the notes correctly, a SINGLE astral seal on the dying target would get you the assist, for example. How is this even a major issue for anyone? *scratch head* Also, we have a plenty of encounters with near-instant cast speed. A daily which makes you immune to control while casting. etc etc

Unless you go into PvP with a loadout of BoH, AS and HW and never use your at-wills, lol.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    You know, if I'm reading the notes correctly, a SINGLE astral seal on the dying target would get you the assist, for example. How is this even a major issue for anyone? *scratch head* Also, we have a plenty of encounters with near-instant cast speed. A daily which makes you immune to control while casting. etc etc

Unless you go into PvP with a loadout of BoH, AS and HW and never use your at-wills, lol.

My encounters as a cleric are definitely slower than the encounters of at least the rogues. I've noticed quite a lot that my casts placed well in advance of others get cancelled and then I lose all ability to use anything including at will attacks until their control/stun timers wear off (some of these are insane lengths of time). I fail to kill most of those I injure way down, instead others end up taking the last blows. It is my understanding that these control times are now being adjusted to stack even longer and players always seem to target the clerics with them. If a cleric can't be competitive in PvP and the new PvP then its not worth playing further. Will see how thing play, but I am a bit concerned at the moment. It should be noted that I have two clerics, one level 60 and the other just about there. This means I can test them how they currently stand as they are built different, and restat them and see if that helps. If the cleric can't be competitive after the changes, then I simply quit.
  • Options
    hoponhopon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can you guys add a item or vendor where you can unbind a item using AD or Zen I want to remake my Cleric but shouldn't have to sacrifice all my hard work and time farming losing my items or even make them account bound not char bound.
  • Options
    luscarionluscarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    macdante1 wrote: »

Exactly what I meant when I typed that... One per account or one per char... lol

I still don't understand why the founder's pack is only 1 respec per account.
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    Exactly what I meant when I typed that... One per account or one per char... lol

Oh my god, here it begins.. Once they confirm we get 1 per character, next thing is - Only one? U serious? lol..

Jesus christ, stop ****ing demand everything for free..
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    Maintenance has now begun.
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its a great patch and all but STILL NO TRAINING TOMBS for companions!

Come on already...
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013

One per char.
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    Maintenance has now begun.

Can't wait! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Its a great patch and all but STILL NO TRAINING TOMBS for companions!

Come on already...
    Training tombs? Oh wow, my sick imagination XD
  • Options
    sdrtriplexsdrtriplex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    is it me or the class rogue vampire was the most affected of this new patch at the moment I do not see anything good in this class being updated.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Everything is going well. We'll update you with a status when we can. Thanks for your patience, everyone :)
  • Options
    isawaraidenisawaraiden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everything is going well. We'll update you with a status when we can. Thanks for your patience, everyone :)
    Checking in forum actual time,
  • Options
    valkyr92valkyr92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm still missing some Guild improvement and well some more pvp. But well, verry nice work !

P.S.: Can someone maybe explain that, what does respec means? Google Transtalor didn't knows it.
    I don'T like the drugs, but the drugs like me !
  • Options
    isawaraidenisawaraiden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    valkyr92 wrote: »
    I'm still missing some Guild improvement and well some more pvp. But well, verry nice work !

P.S.: Can someone maybe explain that, what does respec means? Google Transtalor didn't knows it.
    all points spent on skills and feats are returned to you.
  • Options
    valkyr92valkyr92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So if i'm right, the patch give a free respec for powers?
    I don'T like the drugs, but the drugs like me !
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    valkyr92 wrote: »
    So if i'm right, the patch give a free respec for powers?
    Gold star for you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Maintenance may be extended for 30 more minutes. We'll update you with any new information.
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Maintenance may be extended for 30 more minutes. We'll update you with any new information.

30 minutes from now OR 30 minutes from the designated uptime of 1030 CST??
  • Options
    skelbojannskelbojann Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You will get a free respec token.
    You can use that in the power window at the bottom to reset stat points, feats and powers.

So no, they won't be automatically resetted.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

"30 minutes from the designated uptime of 1030 CST"
  • Options
    skelbojannskelbojann Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013

90 + 30 i would say. So 1100 CST.

EDIT: dev was faster =)
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One per char.

In the State of the game it said you guys were working on "On top of that, we’ve also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class."

Are we getting a respec then too? It sounded like the paragon paths were coming when the game goes LIVE? Is that no so?
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    7 days before the actual "launch" and Cryptic already can't wait to destroy the Rogue class...

I made a scoundrel build ahead of time when I got the news of the upcoming nerf... and you know what... he can't crit like my executioner usedtacould, but he deals a helluva lot more base damage in dungeons and PVP. So the nerf will not affect him at all.
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Lets not degrade the thread with ungreebliness.... and bickering.

Like many others I just want back in!:)