test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stop The Presses! Hold the Patch Until....

Comments

• demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Me highly doubt it, but will still hope.
    Also a bit too late for that, game has already launched for months now.
    (.-.)
    Once cash shop is permanently active, game is officially in launch.

Still, hopefully the devs actually try out the game every once in a while to test out the changes before implementing them. (One seriously can't argue that they actually played the game to test out PvP or dungeons without noticing the imbalance & "bugs" like AS stacking.)

1) I know how TRs work, my main is a TR.
    2) My alt is a 9.5k gs DC & AS provides greater than 20% mitigation, generally theorized to be roughly 30%. (Rank 1's mitigation is unlisted but rank 2 & 3 add +10% each.) I have no idea where you pulled out that 20% number.
    3) Pift, if 2 TRs with SB is OP, then 1 CW with singularity & push must break the scouter.
    4) That wasn't going to be my next comment lol. My next comment is that "strong" attacks are generally easy to dodge, it's my preferred method of tanking Frozen heart & pirate king. So I prefer having "weak" attacks negated instead while I'm the Cleric.
    5) Not sure what kind of crummy clerics you've been running with but I heal more than pots can easily.

AS: 310 hp ticks every 1/2 or so.
    Spammable Hallowed Ground (5% of your total HP every 3 seconds) I can get one off roughly every 18-27 seconds leaving only a small gap where it's not up. If you have ~22k that's ~1100 every 3 seconds.
    Sunburst: Selfheal 700 hp, ~1,100 for others.
    Forgemaster's flame 1,200 hp per tick, 5 ticks 11.7 second cooldown.

Lets see, best potion heals 8.5k with 12 second cooldown.
    In a 12 second time frame I can heal:

Hallowed ground lets just go with 1,100 per 3 seconds = 4400 over 12 seconds.
    AS constantly ticks about 315 @ ~2 ticks per second lets just go with 600 per second = 7,200 over 12 seconds.
    Sunburst (non divinity) = ~1,100 with an 8.8 second cooldown = 1,100 over the first 12 seconds
    Forgemaster's flame (divinity = 5 ticks of 1,200 hp = 6000 hp over 12 seconds.

Total = 18,700 per all allies in range.
    Not including the life leech buff from astral seal.

Well, clearly I can easily heal more than potions can & yes, If I'm not running around I can easily build enough divinity stacks for both AS & forgemasters. If not, I can build enough divinity for every other forgemasters. (Just spam brand on multiple targets while moving.)

2) Mouse over tooltip when its on you 0.o (confirmed also with damage testing its 20% MIT fully specced)
    3) yes and no, Ive seen quite a few cw's die in the split seconds that hole takes them to pull them back up using chain hole build and yes you can solo whole pack's of mobs with 1 CW, but if they are ranged mixed with melee /dead, x2 Tr's with Smoke + Decoy = win
    4) Best potion is 100% hp stone 20,000 hp - 35,000 hp (depending on class/build) so 20k - 35k per 12/s
    5) my own and my guild's I have every class to 60 and all over 10k gs.

No damage > Mitigated damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

2) Mouse over tooltip when its on you 0.o (confirmed also with damage testing its 20% MIT fully specced)
    3) yes and no, Ive seen quite a few cw's die in the split seconds that hole takes them to pull them back up using chain hole build and yes you can solo whole pack's of mobs with 1 CW, but if they are ranged mixed with melee /dead, x2 Tr's with Smoke + Decoy = win
    4) Best potion is 100% hp stone 20,000 hp - 35,000 hp (depending on class/build) so 20k - 35k per 12/s
    5) my own and my guild's I have every class to 60 and all over 10k gs.

No damage > Mitigated damage.

1) Where's #1?
    2) Screw the tooltips, I has a combat log/tracker. Ashen miner deals ~750 (1240) damage per hit without shield.
    With shield, Ashen miner deals ~455 damage per hit. Highly likely that it's greater than a 20% mitigation.
    3) Those would be the terribad CWs who placed the singularity in melee range of themselves. Ranged mobs tend to be quite weak.
    4) Still less than my heal. I excluded Astral seal in my calculations. Life leech to all party members = Over Nine Thousand HP per second. /thread.
    Also stone is a cash shop item. If you want to include cash shop items, then why not go all the way? Rank 10 Silvery enchants, full T2/2.5 gear + fully equipped cat/stone + Greater Negation/Soulforged enchat + Holy Avenger enchant, etc. Heals would get a significant boost from that.
    I've simply run the numbers on my current PvP gear DC. (Not even T2 yet)
    5) I don't even....even my guild has 60's of every class with 11k+ GS and we're more RP oriented than end game PvE/PvP.....derp. Also this is Neverwinter, it's not like that's much of an achievement. You can easily make a 11k+ GS level 60 character in just a few weeks.

And you're right. No damage > mitigated damage.
    Except smokebomb =/= No damage.
    AS also heals for a significant amount so any mitigated hit is usually also healed off instantly.
    & If a mob gets the heavy attack animation off before the Smoke Bomb's daze takes effect, they'll still attack. & smoke bomb's daze only lasts about 5 seconds with a 16 second cooldown.
    AS is effectively permanent. (Hopefully stays that way post patch if we can stack enough recovery).
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Me highly doubt it, but will still hope.
    Also a bit too late for that, game has already launched for months now.
    (.-.)
    Once cash shop is permanently active, game is officially in launch.

Still, hopefully the devs actually try out the game every once in a while to test out the changes before implementing them. (One seriously can't argue that they actually played the game to test out PvP or dungeons without noticing the imbalance & "bugs" like AS stacking.)

the "test" they took probably simply put 5 characters with different classes one build all the time without testing other possibility, I'm work on IT stuff too, why? its happen because they simply dont know all players behavior and their build on classes at the game. the true tester will be us, players, that what beta is all about. the problem is, will players do feedback objectively or subjectively? both I believe, however to decide conclusion about the game update still not us but the devs and publishers
  • casildarcasildar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    EDIT: Oh and if you're smart you'll slot Foresight and feat it 11% DR, if you weren't using it before its only a 9% DR nerf from 2 circle's and AS now proc's it.

If you're smart (or at least mildly sentient) you already have Foresight feated and perma-slotted, so this 9% nerf is irrelevant. Also, the tooltip on AS reads 20% at all three ranks.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    I personally would like to see them run Spellplague - Frozen Heart - Spider or CN.. Any of those would work, preferably spider.

This is what I would like to see. Mad Dragon, imo, is easy and fun. And, that's with a standard group of one per class.

Spider, no. As soon as those 5-6 blademasters come out, no astral shield will save you, or the tank.

Same with Spellplague. I haven't had the chance to run Castle Never though.

I would like them to fix the fires in Dread Vault. Having to run the whole length of the dungeon, every time you die, is annoying.
    Lost loot on the run back because of that. Same with the last boss there. Swarmed. Two giants pulling with their sucking attack, while 10 other mobs hit you, and the whole ground is red with aoe (not counting regular adds aoe that gets hidden), isn't possible.

Frozen Heart needs more adds on the bosses, or more adds that don't despawn. Maybe more that constantly spawn after the boss is down. The reflection on the last boss, even with reflection turned off in video, kills my ability to dodge aoe.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i am just amazed that people are still sitting here pretending the developers of the game actually dont play the game or test anything they do. like they are just willy nilly doing whatever with zero desire for their source of employment to be successful.

then again the person talking like 'me has' could give people cancer with his posts, so i guess it figures.
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    VOD plox. I'd rather not stay up all night or whatever time they're streaming. Will VODs be posted on YouTube or on Twitch.TV?
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes! I'll sign this.

I don't think the Dev's have ever actually played their own game. Testing something is not the same as playing it.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1) Where's #1?
    2) Screw the tooltips, I has a combat log/tracker. Ashen miner deals ~750 (1240) damage per hit without shield.
    With shield, Ashen miner deals ~455 damage per hit. Highly likely that it's greater than a 20% mitigation.

right, well since you neglected to show bracketed damage on the 2nd hit, MIT doesn't stack infinitely it has diminishing returns even from buffs so to calculate the actual MIT from AS need alot more info, which I will do if not beaten to it after patch tonight.
    3) Those would be the terribad CWs who placed the singularity in melee range of themselves. Ranged mobs tend to be quite weak.
    4) Still less than my heal. I excluded Astral seal in my calculations. Life leech to all party members = Over Nine Thousand HP per second. /thread.
    Also stone is a cash shop item. If you want to include cash shop items, then why not go all the way? Rank 10 Silvery enchants, full T2/2.5 gear + fully equipped cat/stone + Greater Negation/Soulforged enchat + Holy Avenger enchant, etc. Heals would get a significant boost from that.
    I've simply run the numbers on my current PvP gear DC. (Not even T2 yet)
    5) I don't even....even my guild has 60's of every class with 11k+ GS and we're more RP oriented than end game PvE/PvP.....derp. Also this is Neverwinter, it's not like that's much of an achievement. You can easily make a 11k+ GS level 60 character in just a few weeks.

3) IT was an example not CW vs TR vs DC, the point was to show that you're not going to be broken after the patch but Fixed AS was way out of line with other abilities and thier are other ways of avoiding damage.

4) IF your healing just under 1/2 Avg 60's HP every second then why are you complaining, even burst hits end-game (without stacked circle's) is less for geared player's you can obviously heal them up in seconds, but in reality fights aren't static's and your effective HP/s will prob be about 2000 if your lucky, and PW is a PAY to WIN game, all thier games are, I'M surprised that people think this is bad its your subscription you don't have to pay with real money but someone dose to keep your game going people buying things in your game is a good thing. (and you cant buy rank 10 from the store, max is rank 3 from the ad store and you need to buy 19,000 of them not including failed fusion's to make 1 rank 10.

5) I didn't say it was, what I was pointing out is that i'm not just writing this from a DC's point of view and an endgame point of view, I have finished every dungeon t1 and t2 on every class without exploit's and I'm telling you that these charges arn't a big deal, its a slight mechanic change for your group's and it means you can't mess up as much but its not game breaking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait all in T2 for Temple of Spider you mean they already have the T2 drops from Spider before they do it. I call shinanigans on that. Not too mention you know how rare the set piece T2's are?
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    i am just amazed that people are still sitting here pretending the developers of the game actually dont play the game or test anything they do. like they are just willy nilly doing whatever with zero desire for their source of employment to be successful.

then again the person talking like 'me has' could give people cancer with his posts, so i guess it figures.

I remember some GW2 Dev's posting their gameplay once.. They took a whole lot of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because of how terrible they actually were at PLAYING the game. Same thing with some BF3 Dev's.. Dev's don't necessarily play (I'm sure some do), nor are they necessarily any good at their own games.
    edited June 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    Wait all in T2 for Temple of Spider you mean they already have the T2 drops from Spider before they do it. I call shinanigans on that. Not too mention you know how rare the set piece T2's are?

Well tis only fair that I work under the assumption they have "founder's pack" as devs & as such, 2 million AD is more than enough to purchase 2T gear.
    Also they're busy & watching a stream of them simply leveling up would be pretty boring.

llfritzll wrote: »

Welcome to the internets, me shall be your guide today.
    welcome_to_the_internet__please_follow_me_by_sharpwriter-d5buwfu.jpg
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The devs live stream themselves running Mad Dragon (T1), Temple of the Spider (T2), & Castle Never (T 2.5) in the preview shard with a standard party of 1 of each class & gear an above average player would be expected to have (T2 set, Rank 4-7 enchantments, etc)

I'm curious as to how they'll manage to deal with the downtime of Astral Shield & the other nerfs.
    After all, tis only fair that the devs play the game themselves, no?

my question is...

how would even an above average gear, player get T2 gear BEFORE doing the T1 dungeons....

it's more like IMPOSABLE TO GET GEAR!!!!

edit to add:

@Devs: test the areas ONLY with gear you can get BEFORE doing the area. (not with gear that you get for doing the last areas of everything... hell anyone doing it the first time doesn't have that gear, they can't without buying it)
  • fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    blaumker wrote: »
    Divinity Astral Shield changes the cleric from "whoa, I should avoid red stuff and I kinda use a few potions" into stand in the red stuff, shuffle turn in circles, and make sure you keep yourself enough divinity to cast it again. In normal modes of play, it is completely overpowered and broken, the only thing that could realistically kill you is a knockback that pushes you out of the circle combined with a spike to kill you before you get back in it. It's unfathomable that this ability was ever allowed to stack in effectiveness.

That doesn't mean I'm unaware of how little healing output there is without it, just that a Cleric has all their eggs in one round, blue basket. It's almost like they noticed that heal output was low in the last ten levels and put every single bit of what was needed to make it up into one ability.

Haha your funny not be rude play a cleric before the patch hits and then say the same thing. As it stands because of the aggro issues AS doesn't do much for the cleric remember we also have -40% heal debuff we chugg more potions that any other class.. Lol I have to constantly slide out of the red circles because unlike other classes who can sit in the astral shield and be safe we don't have the same luxury.

In frozen heart depending on the group I can easily quaff 20+ potions just on the last fight. I am going to love hearing all the people complain about how potions they are going to have to use once the patch hits and the aggro gets distributed better, then you may feel a little of the pain Clerics have been putting up with.

Apart from guild groups and premades you can pretty much forget PUG's unless you get really lucky with some good players joining. I agree the double astral shield stacking was stupid, but to reduce the astral shield duration without giving us a boost on other healing... well lets just say I am interested in seeing what people say after the patch... :)
  • murdurus211murdurus211 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my question is...

how would even an above average gear, player get T2 gear BEFORE doing the T1 dungeons....

it's more like IMPOSABLE TO GET GEAR!!!!

edit to add:

@Devs: test the areas ONLY with gear you can get BEFORE doing the area

I totally agree. Even when some people have T2 gear, they can't do T2 content, let alone not having the gear to begin with. If we outgeared the content, we might be able to deal with the nerf but if we are SUPPOSED to do the content with the minimum requirement, I highly doubt there's a chance that a competent group is able to complete it, let alone a group of pugs.

That is not to say that I don't understand why the nerf is happening but when DCs have nothing else to compensate for the weakening of an (overpowered) ability, it's just ridiculous. Even today, I was doing Azharzel as a DC with my friend who is also a DC and we got destroyed when the red circles got to be a bit too much and we were getting knocked around. Mind you, we, as well as the CW, are veteran MMO players and we still get destroyed with double AS, I can't imagine how difficult it'll be without it (I guess we'll find out tomorrow/today). I hope I'm just a doomsayer who is wrong.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

After all, tis only fair that the devs play the game themselves, no?

The devs will stream themselves playing and beating all the epic the content as soon as you stream yourself coding the entire balance patch YOUR way. Only fair, no? :)
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Funny thing is, there is a video out there, of a few of the devs, along with a member of the 'media', playing through Cloak Tower, and during the conversation, the dev in question states that they designed the dungeons, in such a way, that they as devs, were not skilled enough gamers, to complete them.

This on the basis that players, are much better at finding ways to complete tasks.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • murdurus211murdurus211 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Funny thing is, there is a video out there, of a few of the devs, along with a member of the 'media', playing through Cloak Tower, and during the conversation, the dev in question states that they designed the dungeons, in such a way, that they as devs, were not skilled enough gamers, to complete them.

This on the basis that players, are much better at finding ways to complete tasks.

To be honest, that's just a stupid design. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer and if they are incapable of designing something that a more casual gamer can do, they lose a huge portion of their player base. Furthermore, they are also assuming that they themselves have capabilities lower than the average player but how much of that is true, I don't know. In addition, tack on the fact that they were a pre-made group and not random pugs thrown together, I don't know why they think that players are necessarily going to be doing better.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    well, like it or not, they decide to adjust the "balancing" to today, their you have it
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I actually played one dungeon with one of the devs a few days ago /name doesnt concern you/ on the live server. He was a good player aswell but as I saw one of the posters, devs designed the game the way, that they are not skilled enough to finish end game content. I like it! Even thow you are not a hardcore gamer like I am, you can still finish it with more coordination and focus. If you fail too much, you can still try again to get better at it. If you cant finish it in the 637689893 try, dont try it or at least do it with a more skilled group so you can learn from them. One skill doesnt make you OP, AS is nothing more than a circle on the ground that heals you and gives you 60% damage reduction. Thats not OP. The game is designed the way, that you dont have direct heal but HEAL OVER TIME. That is more powerfull than a real heal because it scales more with levels and gear.

I will tell you this: the company have a group of players /mostly hardcore players/ that they pay for to test out every content in the game. They wount release something new or fix something broken, before it actually gets tested. If you actually wanna know the number of the actual testers that are out there, you will be amaised and I know quite a few of the close beta testers that did all T1 and T2 dungeons with a regular group of 5 people, 1 from each class and noone complained about dificulty. As one of the posters stated, play-adapt-win!
    edited June 2013
    To be honest, that's just a stupid design.

Actually, it's extremely intelligent design, because in many cases even "casual" gamers are better at games than some devs.
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    The devs will stream themselves playing and beating all the epic the content as soon as you stream yourself coding the entire balance patch YOUR way. Only fair, no? :)

Sure, if they're willing to pay for programming courses at my university & hire me as an enthusiast rather than a full time employee after I'm done.
    Otherwise no, as that would be what the ~10k zen I currently posses paid for.
    edited June 2013
    ^ Well (forgetting the fact that you paid for zen to get items in the game and not for game access but whatever), you paid them for the game, not for amusing you with webcasts on demand.
  • roastedporkroastedpork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I always thought DnD was less hack and slash, more tactics.

Neverwinter broke the game.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Further to my earlier point, I've found out where it was that they stated about dungeon design and not being able to beat their own content. (Conversation between Totalbiscuit, and Zeke (lead designer))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY#t=1473s
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sure, if they're willing to pay for programming courses at my university & hire me as an enthusiast rather than a full time employee after I'm done.
    Otherwise no, as that would be what the ~10k zen I currently posses paid for.

I am not sure you need any courses or degree for that matter, seeing that cryptic does not recruit the pick of the litter devs. Still waiting on a WORKING search/sort function in the Auction House search.
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    the company have a group of players /mostly hardcore players/ that they pay for to test out every content in the game.

Not hardcore enough because they didn't find those spider temple shortcut did they ? They suck !
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I always thought DnD was less hack and slash, more tactics.

With the change to AS, you may see more tactics and less hack and slash.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ...or more double DC groups.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    ...or more double DC groups.

Since the bit that made double DC groups... super effective... is gone, I highly doubt there will be more pairing of them. Rather, a new 'best group' make up will evolve, based on the cumulative effects of the changes to all classes.