test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stop The Presses! Hold the Patch Until....

healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The devs live stream themselves running Mad Dragon (T1), Temple of the Spider (T2), & Castle Never (T 2.5) in the preview shard with a standard party of 1 of each class & gear an above average player would be expected to have (T2 set, Rank 4-7 enchantments, etc)

I'm curious as to how they'll manage to deal with the downtime of Astral Shield & the other nerfs.
After all, tis only fair that the devs play the game themselves, no?
Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
Post edited by healhamsta on

Comments

• chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    I agree... they need to play it without using exploits too! :D
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This would be interesting to see. :)
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mad Dragon T1 is getting nerfed next patch.
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I personally would like to see them run Spellplague - Frozen Heart - Spider or CN.. Any of those would work, preferably spider.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    another astral shield complaint thread.

I hope i can get my Cleric to 50 before the patch so i can see what the hype is about. to hear most forum Cleric tell it, once they hit 50 and get Astral Shield, they may as well take everything else off their hotbar.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »

I hope i can get my Cleric to 50 before the patch so i can see what the hype is about. to hear most forum Cleric tell it, once they hit 50 and get Astral Shield, they may as well take everything else off their hotbar.

Yes it's just silly the whole class is defined by one skill.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oh nm, just looked and saw that the Balance Patch is coming tomorrow. so i won't be able to try the pre-nerf AS.
  • pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    The devs live stream themselves running Mad Dragon (T1), Temple of the Spider (T2), & Castle Never (T 2.5) in the preview shard with a standard party of 1 of each class & gear an above average player would be expected to have (T2 set, Rank 4-7 enchantments, etc)

I'm curious as to how they'll manage to deal with the downtime of Astral Shield & the other nerfs.

lol. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting if I were you... :p
  • pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I hit 50 a few days ago on live and finally got to try it. And yeah, it lives (lived) up to the hype. In my opinion.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Did pirate's & spider on test with guild, was as easy as it is now. learn to adapt you don't need AS, we run challenges in our guild to heal a run without AS or your other most used abilities because it makes you a better player.

If you're running with 2 dc's your doing it wrong.
    If they nerf 1 ability and you can't cope, learn to adapt

Did you also notice that now AS will now proc your healing buff's? because they changed it from an environmental heal to a direct heal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Did pirate's & spider on test with guild, was as easy as it is now. learn to adapt you don't need AS, we run challenges in our guild to heal a run without AS or your other most used abilities because it makes you a better player.

Did you also notice that now AS will now proc your healing buff's? because they changed it from an environmental heal to a direct heal?

LOL Pirate King and Spider...
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i am not trying to be a fanboi, but honestly. do you really sit there and think they just randomly make changes and never test them?
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    i am not trying to be a fanboi, but honestly. do you really sit there and think they just randomly make changes and never test them?

That's exactly what we think. They don't extensively playtest their changes / nerfs. They want us, the players, to be their unpaid QA team. That's why they gave us the test server... so we can be their free testers (heck, we gotta pay them to be their testers). Problem is, they don't listen when people tell them their nerfs are way too harsh and heavy handed.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Most people use oxygen to climb Mt. Everest.
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's exactly what we think. They don't extensively playtest their changes / nerfs. They want us, the players, to be their unpaid QA team. That's why they gave us the test server... so we can be their free testers (heck, we gotta pay them to be their testers). Problem is, they don't listen when people tell them their nerfs are way too harsh and heavy handed.

that is just being naive.

they dont listen to players because players are emotional basket cases and it would destroy their game.

they do test their changes, the reality is they cannot test every single possibility there is in existence and having more people play means more data.

have you people ever even seen a college?
  • blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013

Divinity Astral Shield changes the cleric from "whoa, I should avoid red stuff and I kinda use a few potions" into stand in the red stuff, shuffle turn in circles, and make sure you keep yourself enough divinity to cast it again. In normal modes of play, it is completely overpowered and broken, the only thing that could realistically kill you is a knockback that pushes you out of the circle combined with a spike to kill you before you get back in it. It's unfathomable that this ability was ever allowed to stack in effectiveness.

That doesn't mean I'm unaware of how little healing output there is without it, just that a Cleric has all their eggs in one round, blue basket. It's almost like they noticed that heal output was low in the last ten levels and put every single bit of what was needed to make it up into one ability.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013

I rather they try Epic Dread Vault and Karrundax, that would be fascinating ... :D
    blaumker wrote: »
    Divinity Astral Shield changes the cleric from "whoa, I should avoid red stuff and I kinda use a few potions" into stand in the red stuff, shuffle turn in circles, and make sure you keep yourself enough divinity to cast it again. In normal modes of play, it is completely overpowered and broken, the only thing that could realistically kill you is a knockback that pushes you out of the circle combined with a spike to kill you before you get back in it. It's unfathomable that this ability was ever allowed to stack in effectiveness.

hmmm ... try that on karrundax, dread vault, even GWD ... not working. 5 team 1 per class does not means you can hold ground against all bombing, now? I dont know, shorter uptime, Healing is HoT plus no "exploitable" cleanse, I wonder. hoping the GF/GWF hold quite good, cause bosses like dragons are immune to disability
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    LOL Pirate King and Spider...

Yes on TEST it was enough of a test to fundamental change's a large CC fight and a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lot's of add's fight I wasn't going to run never on test because the only boss thats even mildly hard is the dragon and I don't skip so I'm not spending 1hr clearing trash so I can see if AS nerf is crippling.

you think because I picked 2 quick dungeons that I missed the "really hard ones" like Frozen which you don't really need AS for anyway or karrandax which is add control or the really hard one spell plague which is kick **** off the edge /end sarcasm

EDIT: Oh and if you're smart you'll slot Foresight and feat it 11% DR, if you weren't using it before its only a 9% DR nerf from 2 circle's and AS now proc's it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    They need to nerf the heck out of epic dungeons.....
    The only reason they are remotely beatable is because of a single overpowered encounter power.

I would prefer to see the developers beat an epic dungeon with a balanced party without using Astral Shield at all.

It is quite irritating that the whole game runs on the back of a single ability. There is no counterplay.
    You can do without all other classes and skills. Astral Shield is the only real mandatory ability for all high level play.

Broken Broken Broken.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    I rather they try Epic Dread Vault and Karrundax, that would be fascinating ... :D

hmmm ... try that on karrundax, dread vault, even GWD ... not working. 5 team 1 per class does not means you can hold ground against all bombing, now? I dont know, shorter uptime, Healing is HoT plus no "exploitable" cleanse, I wonder. hoping the GF/GWF hold quite good, cause bosses like dragons are immune to disability

Dread Vault, maybe. But not Karrundax since it's hilariously easy.
    You can basically just have the cleric run in a circle, CW just does their thing, everyone else just get boss that doesn't even really fight back.
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    They need to nerf the heck out of epic dungeons.....
    The only reason they are remotely beatable is because of a single overpowered encounter power.

I would prefer to see the developers beat an epic dungeon with a balanced party without using Astral Shield at all.

It is quite irritating that the whole game runs on the back of a single ability.

They need to buff them, they are a joke we pull 3 - 5 packs in every t2 now at a time and smoke bomb is way more op than AS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As others have said, the big whine about AS nerf isn't really the fact of the nerf but that the remaining options still aren't that shiny.

To put it crudely...

"I'm taking away your godmode skill because your gameplay is too one-dimensional, but to encourage diversity of builds and styles, I'm enhancing some of your other tools so that you miss your "mandatory" skill less." = What I expected for DCs.

What they got was...

"You lose the skill you are overly dependent on, and those other skills that you weren't that fond of...well, they aren't any better, really. In some cases worse. Adapt and enjoy!"

So I do sympathize to an extent.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited June 2013
    They need to buff them, they are a joke we pull 3 - 5 packs in every t2 now at a time and smoke bomb is way more op than AS

Hahahaha, no.
    Smoke bomb doesn't permanently grant everyone the tanking ability of a GF.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not that Astral Shield is OP, but it is the end game Encounter Power that keeps parties alive in endgame. Nerfing the stack makes sense, but without that shield up in many boss fights, it will not be easy to keep your party up and running. That is what a DC is supposed to do right?
    edited June 2013
    Hahahaha, no.
    Smoke bomb doesn't permanently grant everyone the tanking ability of a GF.

Smoke bomb causes target the daze effect, which means they can only auto attack which a more than the 20% Mit AS add's unless you talking about 2 AS's, but funnly enough 2 tr's using smoke bomb is more op than x2 AS. and to circumvent your next comment, "what about healing" Pots heal more than a cleric can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Dread Vault, maybe. But not Karrundax since it's hilariously easy.
    You can basically just have the cleric run in a circle, CW just does their thing, everyone else just get boss that doesn't even really fight back.

perhaps, but my version of testing battle would be not if full end-game gear, but the gear use very first time getting into those dungeons. its not that I meant to say end-game gear is OP on those dungeons, but simply say think for those who just getting into the game and grind through dungeons to get those gears
    edited June 2013
    Well before you progress to T2 you should get your T1 set this makes those dungeons alot easier, but most people don't and then we get threads like these..

Maybe you're confused with progression, Gearscore is also a bad way gauge a player's ability's, but its better that other alternative's, having the right stats is far more important that Score's in fact you will find that when you get closer to 12 - 14k GS you will start losing GS for abilities and better efficiencies with diminishing return's from high stat score's

T1 is easy mode designed for entry level and low gear/experience (apart from maybe mad dragon which is being majorly nerfed)

T2 should be hard if you haven't gotten much t1 experience and are not itemized correctly, and is easy when fully geared with alot of experience.

Never is designed for Fully geared T2 player's with experience
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The heck with seeing them run those dungeons at T1 and T2. I want to see them try them at the level you are supposed to be the first time you encounter the dungeons with the gear you have either earned or picked up. No buying super powered purples at low levels, then see how hard they are to the normal player who isn't paying out the wazoo for gear.
    @Powerblast in game
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I for one believe that the devs will eventually be changing things before the official launch based on the constructive feedback of the forumers. The only way the game can properly launch where majority of the active players of the game are happy is to test the changes that were intended for the launch in a live setting, mainly open beta.

I sure hope they reconsider the severe nerf to Astral Shield. All it needed was for it to lose the ability to stack, to address its balance issues for PVP.
    edited June 2013
    I for one believe that the devs will eventually be changing things before the official launch based on the constructive feedback of the forumers. The only way the game can properly launch where majority of the active players of the game are happy is to test the changes that were intended for the launch in a live setting, mainly open beta.

I sure hope they reconsider the severe nerf to Astral Shield. All it needed was for it to lose the ability to stack, to address its balance issues for PVP.

Me highly doubt it, but will still hope.
    Also a bit too late for that, game has already launched for months now.
    (.-.)
    Once cash shop is permanently active, game is officially in launch.

Still, hopefully the devs actually try out the game every once in a while to test out the changes before implementing them. (One seriously can't argue that they actually played the game to test out PvP or dungeons without noticing the imbalance & "bugs" like AS stacking.)

Smoke bomb causes target the daze effect, which means they can only auto attack which a more than the 20% Mit AS add's unless you talking about 2 AS's, but funnly enough 2 tr's using smoke bomb is more op than x2 AS. and to circumvent your next comment, "what about healing" Pots heal more than a cleric can.

1) I know how TRs work, my main is a TR.
    2) My alt is a 9.5k gs DC & AS provides greater than 20% mitigation, generally theorized to be roughly 30%. (Rank 1's mitigation is unlisted but rank 2 & 3 add +10% each.) I have no idea where you pulled out that 20% number.
    3) Pift, if 2 TRs with SB is OP, then 1 CW with singularity & push must break the scouter.
    4) That wasn't going to be my next comment lol. My next comment is that "strong" attacks are generally easy to dodge, it's my preferred method of tanking Frozen heart & pirate king. So I prefer having "weak" attacks negated instead while I'm the Cleric.
    5) Not sure what kind of crummy clerics you've been running with but I heal more than pots can easily.

AS: 310 hp ticks every 1/2 or so.
    Spammable Hallowed Ground (5% of your total HP every 3 seconds) I can get one off roughly every 18-27 seconds leaving only a small gap where it's not up. If you have ~22k that's ~1100 every 3 seconds.
    Sunburst: Selfheal 700 hp, ~1,100 for others.
    Forgemaster's flame 1,200 hp per tick, 5 ticks 11.7 second cooldown.

Lets see, best potion heals 8.5k with 12 second cooldown.
    In a 12 second time frame I can heal:

Hallowed ground lets just go with 1,100 per 3 seconds = 4400 over 12 seconds.
    AS constantly ticks about 315 @ ~2 ticks per second lets just go with 600 per second = 7,200 over 12 seconds.
    Sunburst (non divinity) = ~1,100 with an 8.8 second cooldown = 1,100 over the first 12 seconds
    Forgemaster's flame (divinity = 5 ticks of 1,200 hp = 6000 hp over 12 seconds.

Total = 18,700 per all allies in range.
    Not including the life leech buff from astral seal.

Well, clearly I can easily heal more than potions can & yes, If I'm not running around I can easily build enough divinity stacks for both AS & forgemasters. If not, I can build enough divinity for every other forgemasters. (Just spam brand on multiple targets while moving.)