test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stop The Presses! Hold the Patch Until....

13»

Comments

• morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Double DC groups were previously a loltastic rollface approach, because AS stacked. They were EZmode for lazy peeps.

AS no longer stacks, so that's out....however, a single DC can no longer maintain 100% AS uptime, which is a big issue when monsters can instagib.

Two DCs, however, CAN ensure 100% AS uptime.
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    Not hardcore enough because they didn't find those spider temple shortcut did they ? They suck !
    The first time I did spider temple, I was with a group that didnt know the shortcut and we finished it in 1h killing EVERYTHING in our paths. Its not about finding a shortcut, its about doing it right. Everyone can find a shortcut, but not everyone can finish it normally.Get it? If you cant finish it normally, that means you suck :D

About CN. I was been told you cant finish the last boss without having 2 clerics. Well, they were wrong. Me and group of pugs finished it with 1 cleric, 2 CWs a rogue and a GWF. Is it that hard? I dont think so. Its all about strategy and skill of the individual players. We even 4-manned it cause one of the group fell off cause he was thrown away by the boss. Nothing is impossible to beat if you have the skill to do it. If you are a hardcore gamer, you will find a way and concentrate enough to finish it. If you are not, you will learn from better players.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    AS no longer stacks, so that's out....however, a single DC can no longer maintain 100% AS uptime, which is a big issue when monsters can instagib.

Two DCs, however, CAN ensure 100% AS uptime.

So care to bet whether this patch more or less likely to lead to 2 DC groups.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    another astral shield complaint thread.

I hope i can get my Cleric to 50 before the patch so i can see what the hype is about. to hear most forum Cleric tell it, once they hit 50 and get Astral Shield, they may as well take everything else off their hotbar.

Astral Shield completely changes how a Cleric is played.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    The devs live stream themselves running Mad Dragon (T1), Temple of the Spider (T2), & Castle Never (T 2.5) in the preview shard with a standard party of 1 of each class & gear an above average player would be expected to have (T2 set, Rank 4-7 enchantments, etc)

I'm curious as to how they'll manage to deal with the downtime of Astral Shield & the other nerfs.
    After all, tis only fair that the devs play the game themselves, no?

Cryptic could be taking a page out of Blizzard's Diablo 3 game development handbook and create end game content that is by design not supposed to be do able and if players find a way to do it, puts a spotlight on abilities, tactics, etc that are considered too powerful and to be nerfed. Once everyone agrees that certain gated end game content is not do able, they can start nerfing the end game content.

It's a brilliant strategy especially since we are still BETA TESTING Neverwinter...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Cryptic could be taking a page out of Blizzard's Diablo 3 game development handbook and create end game content that is by design not supposed to be do able and if players find a way to do it, puts a spotlight on abilities, tactics, etc that are considered too powerful and to be nerfed. Once everyone agrees that certain gated end game content is not do able, they can start nerfing the end game content.

It's a brilliant strategy especially since we are still BETA TESTING Neverwinter...
    You want an easy game? Go play Hello Kitty Online. This is Neverwinter (Dungeons and Dragons) IT IS supposed to be hard. If you cant do it, I think you need to work on your strategy. The beta testing time is long over when they launched the beta client for everyone to download. You could BETA TEST it when there were open beta weekends where you were supposed to try everything that was released till then. I know beta testers that were in the closed beta and I assure you, they are real gamers that know strategy very well and know how to adapt to certain things.

Have a good day.

EDIT: About Diablo 3: I managed to SOLO the whole game from normal to inferno mode by myself only. Never requested help from friends or anyone. There is nothing impossible to do. I left Diablo cause there was nothing interesting other than grinding for items to sell for real money. No big challange there.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes it's just silly the whole class is defined by one skill.

Maybe because the whole game (mainly dungeons) is defined by one mechanic: Flood the party with adds.
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    The first time I did spider temple, I was with a group that didnt know the shortcut and we finished it in 1h killing EVERYTHING in our paths. Its not about finding a shortcut, its about doing it right. Everyone can find a shortcut, but not everyone can finish it normally.Get it? If you cant finish it normally, that means you suck :D

What sucks is that you take my statement out of context and say I cannot finish the dungeon normally...next time try to use your brain before answering posts.

I will explain it to you in plain kiddy language, maybe you will understand.

Devs have testers...alpha testers test content to find flagrant bugs/exploits....testers did fail.

It has nothing to do with completing a dungeon or not-
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    You want an easy game? Go play Hello Kitty Online. This is Neverwinter (Dungeons and Dragons) IT IS supposed to be hard. If you cant do it, I think you need to work on your strategy. The beta testing time is long over when they launched the beta client for everyone to download. You could BETA TEST it when there were open beta weekends where you were supposed to try everything that was released till then. I know beta testers that were in the closed beta and I assure you, they are real gamers that know strategy very well and know how to adapt to certain things.

Have a good day.

EDIT: About Diablo 3: I managed to SOLO the whole game from normal to inferno mode by myself only. Never requested help from friends or anyone. There is nothing impossible to do. I left Diablo cause there was nothing interesting other than grinding for items to sell for real money. No big challange there.

Key word :TO. You managed to solo TO inferno mode. My grandma can do that.
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    IMO, nerfing that single super duper spell.. only means there is room now to add other classes instead of stacking the grps with 2 clerics..plus some of em will have to learn to play their role now...not critisizing all of them... just most of the ones Ive played with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • ramzay81ramzay81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They need to buff them, they are a joke we pull 3 - 5 packs in every t2 now at a time and smoke bomb is way more op than AS

The game isn't a joke when you take into consideration the target audience.

This is a F2P ARPGMMO, with dungeons that can be completed in less than an hour. It is targeted at casual players, who will log in, play a bit then log out.

The anticipated group composition is whatever results from the queue system - a random bunch of semi-competent players wearing sub-optimal gear.

As such, ALL content in the game needs to be able to be beaten by this random PUG -5 people who are average at their class, are wearing gear just good enough to get them into the dungeon, may speak English as a second language, aren't using voice chat.

The fact that a well-geared group of guildmates using voice chat finds the game easy is irrelevant - they aren't the target audience.

I'm not being rude here mind you. Just saying that if the game gets tailored for players like you it will likely die. Who wants to play a game when they can't beat most of the content? Besides, it is bad game design to target one audience while tailoring content for another.

Actual difficult games where team work and strategy are very much required charge a monthly fee, and they attract the appropriate type of player. F2P games attract F2P players.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes it's just silly the whole class is defined by one skill.

Uneducated post.

Example: Chartilfax(sp) in mad dragon.

A nice strat is to have a rogue or CW tank the boss in a corner
    everyone else on the opposite side of the room dpsing adds and the boss when they can. You are using your ashield for the other members of the party. How is the rogue/cw tank getting healed other than potting?

-Astral seal
    -Forgemasters Flame
    -Bastion(if you are using it and can reach the rogue/cw)

Just some examples of other healing abilities that come into play. Very handy I might add.
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ramzay81 wrote: »
    Actual difficult games where team work and strategy are very much required charge a monthly fee.

This is not an argument at all, F2P or P2P both want to increase their income and lowering the difficulty is an easy way to reach that goal. Nice try, lol just look at how easy WoW is...