test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - 06/13/13 (Look here for slow launcher patching)

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Neverwinter fans,

We're going to perform maintenance on all shards starting tomorrow morning, 6/13, at 7 A.M. PDT (Pacific) (When is it in your time zone?) to apply our newest patch from Preview onto live servers. The estimated downtime is 90 minutes, but that may be extended if we experience any issues during maintenance.

Patch notes are located here. There are various changes that are different from our original "Balance and Gameplay" update patch notes.

We'll work to get you in game as quickly as possible once maintenance begins!

Cheers,
Pin

7 AM UPDATE: Maintenance has now begun.
7:30 AM UPDATE: Maintenance is going along smoothly.
7:52 AM UPDATE: Maintenance may be extended 30 more minutes.
8:30 AM UPDATE: ETA to completion is around 30 minutes from now. We'll update you if that changes.
9:15 AM UPDATE: Maintenance is complete!
12:30 PM UPDATE: We've deployed a new version of the launcher to solve the slow patching issues. Please restart your launcher to update it! Please also note that patching will resume where it left off, even if the launcher shows a zero percentage when it's restarted. Thank you!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yay balance
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    Finally! Thanx guy's!
  • Options
    odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great I have played the preview shard and I cant wait for it to go live,good work guys.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I can't wait to do some dungeons and not be mistaken as a living pinata.

Huzzah for threat mitigation changes!
  • Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will the Respec Tokens be given out tomorrow? After all, the balance changes will be.
  • Options
    odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Hahahha, yer......
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    Will the Respec Tokens be given out tomorrow? After all, the balance changes will be.

I'd like to know this as well. If my characters are being nerfed into the ground I'd at least like to be able to respec to try to dampen the pain a bit:(.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    orodalf wrote: »

Yes, it will. You can open up your Powers window, via a button in the lower left to reset them.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the quick response. This is good to know.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    7 days before the actual "launch" and Cryptic already can't wait to destroy the Rogue class...
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will it cancel out my other 2 I have? 1 from each founder's packs :)
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    crystalyzedcrystalyzed Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so why put gauntlgrym into preview already when you cant even play it thnks for trolling pw
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Unfortunately I think I'll be running my GF first, so I will feel the pinata pain lol. Though, I'll hop on my DC after to get aggro relief!
  • Options
    serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Stop being so dramatic. They still do their job just fine.

...in reply to a poster above, forgot to quote.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I updated the first post with a link to the patch notes. Please do note that we may be adding or removing minor patch note items but you can consider that list nearly complete. Anything listed on that page is final once maintenance ends.
  • Options
    zombietreatszombietreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for working on these items :D
  • Options
    bur1xbur1x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so does that mean that gauntlgrym is comming 1 week before the announcment with this patch, am i right?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bur1x wrote: »
    so does that mean that gauntlgrym is comming 1 week before the announcment with this patch, am i right?

No, Gauntlgrym will not be available until June 20, 2013, when we go live.
  • Options
    bur1xbur1x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thank you for the fast response !
  • Options
    laelaniilaelanii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you only giving respec for Powers only or will we be able to respec our Feats too? If no, how come?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    laelanii wrote: »
    Are you only giving respec for Powers only or will we be able to respec our Feats too? If no, how come?

It will be for both.
  • Options
    luscarionluscarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will it be 1 respec per character or 1 per class (like the founder's pack seems to be...=\)?
  • Options
    colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    7 days before the actual "launch" and Cryptic already can't wait to destroy the Rogue class...

You're a fool. Rogues were buffed in this latest patch, stop your mindless whining.
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    colluzion wrote: »
    You're a fool. Rogues were buffed in this latest patch, stop your mindless whining.

Not sure how the bleed ticking more slowly and no longer keeping a snapshot of damage meaning you can't hold 20-40k bleed ticks indefinitely is a buff.

With AS stacking gone, AS duration nerfed, healers unable to cleanse res sickness and our only real single target damage dealer nerfed there's going to be a reckoning tomorrow when Joe Mcpug tries to waltz into CN. I'm not sure what the res sickness timer is(1-2mins?) but people are going to have to not suck from now on.
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay free respecs! \o/

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    frederickjohn66frederickjohn66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    when will the new class be avilible
  • Options
    asashiroasashiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cool, glad more updates keep coming in. Is it possible to make future updates in the master patch notes list a different color instead of just tacked on?
  • Options
    lsouleaterlsouleater Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    colluzion wrote: »

If you mean the fact that the encounter skills will benefit more from power stat then we will see how much will it change :)

Im just curious why no change for the GF in pvp, cus he seems to have A HUGE DMG and perma KD untill ure dead -.-

Yet i see no1 actually saying anything about it. Any1 can explain why ? Cus i don't understand :o
  • Options
    zombietreatszombietreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When will the new class be available?
    ^^ This too :)
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    keobiaa wrote: »
    Not sure how the bleed ticking more slowly and no longer keeping a snapshot of damage meaning you can't hold 20-40k bleed ticks indefinitely is a buff.

With AS stacking gone, AS duration nerfed, healers unable to cleanse res sickness and our only real single target damage dealer nerfed there's going to be a reckoning tomorrow when Joe Mcpug tries to waltz into CN. I'm not sure what the res sickness timer is(1-2mins?) but people are going to have to not suck from now on.

Don't mind that guy. He's a horrible CW that can't spam Singularity, nor throw any mobs off ledges. I called him out 1 time in CN and he ragequit because I said he was bad. Then I promptly ignored him, so now he has to act like a toolbag on the forums too. He must've been raging so hard when he couldn't respond to me. ;)