test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.3.20130529d.6

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited July 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
A full list of patch notes are available right here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=913661.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does this mean free respec tomorrow too?
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mvffin1 wrote: »

Yes, free respec tomorrow. Confirmation can be found at the DevTracker (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4385112&viewfull=1#post4385112).
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great to see a solid effort to address balance issues, but I am hoping that there are skill bug fixes included that weren't specifically mentioned.

CW skills and feats alone have a ton of glitches that seriously hamper their effectiveness. To be honest, Shard of the Endless Avalanche bugging out was probably the least of our difficulties (i.e. no one uses that power, anyway, because the damage is too weak, the interface too awkward, and the cooldown too long). I won't repost all of the known glitches because they are frequently referenced in the forums already, but when a large number of skills are balanced by decreasing their effectiveness, it's very important that the other tools in the box actually work.

Thank you for the respec as well. Always good policy to hand one out when significant changes are made to gameplay :)
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for going forward with the ~45% PVE Rogue damage reduction, effectively forcing me to reroll.
  • Options
    grimmestmercygrimmestmercy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about fixing Unstoppable so you are again... unstoppable? I am tired of activating it only to be knocked way back by the enemy. Hasn't worked properly for a couple of patches now :( And let's face it, GWF isn't all that great to begin with, losing this power really sucked.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    mvffin1 wrote: »

Yep, tomorrow.

Powers
    • All characters now have a free respec. This respec can be used in the Powers screen, via a button in the lower left. This respec will not stack with future free respecs granted in this way."
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are we getting Alchemy tomorrow as well?
  • Options
    daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about fixing Unstoppable so you are again... unstoppable? I am tired of activating it only to be knocked way back by the enemy. Hasn't worked properly for a couple of patches now :( And let's face it, GWF isn't all that great to begin with, losing this power really sucked.

You mean like adding a 15% ward or something? Lets face it, GWF are the new FOTM now. So overpowered.
  • Options
    eliteblasterxeliteblasterx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome keep up the good work!
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daethx wrote: »
    Lets face it, GWF are the new FOTM now. So overpowered.
    c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    shadewarp2shadewarp2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    Yep, tomorrow.

Powers
    • All characters now have a free respec. This respec can be used in the Powers screen, via a button in the lower left. This respec will not stack with future free respecs granted in this way."

When you say powers - you mean feats as well right? There are many changes to the feats of each class as well, rendering some of them useless or otherwise worse than others?
  • Options
    moonknight03moonknight03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I guess I just downloaded the preview shard for nothing. LOL. Thanks slow internetz. Does this mean I can delete the "Playtest" installed folder now? That folder wasn't there before the preview shard to my knowledge, and it's fairly large at 7gb. Thanks in advance for any info.
  • Options
    akadunpealakadunpeal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a new player the improvement I like best is items that cannot be need-ed by non-class specific players. I noticed a lot of greed and it seems fair players are few, and this really demoralised me to a) join parties, and b) raid dungeons or participate in skirmishes.
  • Options
    zerkreaper33zerkreaper33 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I guess I just downloaded the preview shard for nothing. LOL. Thanks slow internetz. Does this mean I can delete the "Playtest" installed folder now? That folder wasn't there before the preview shard to my knowledge, and it's fairly large at 7gb. Thanks in advance for any info.
    I highly doubt the preview shard, and the live server are 7gbs apart, more like a couple. You may risk messing up your Neverwinter.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013

no, i'd keep it.

the Preview Shard, Mimic, wasn't just for this patch. we'll get to see any future changes there first as well.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, tomorrow.

Powers

Does that mean no feat respec? That's a bit counter-productive, since it'll still be cheaper to buy a full respec token than pay AD for a feat respec.
  • Options
    omgdarwinawardomgdarwinaward Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, tomorrow.

Powers

In that case it would be nice to know whether or not we can expect a free respec, if/when new paragon paths will be introduced.
  • Options
    sveguroksvegurok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Respec token will respec also your feats.
  • Options
    pelarius2046pelarius2046 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    So many excellent changes in there, thanks!
    Theohelm, Guardian of the Dalelands.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The 'Powers' respec, will likely be the same as the zen bought powers respec, in that its button is on the powers screen, but allows you to reset, your ability bonuses, powers, AND feats.

Otherwise, its kinda pointless
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    master4evermaster4ever Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi all!
    I'm going to "test" the balance changes before applying any respec. I want to change some feats but I'm not so worried about my DC. I suggest all to do the same.
  • Options
    mushroomslap0009mushroomslap0009 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quick question about the cleric set "miracle healer's". Will this be fixed as well? Didn't say anything about it on the patch notes, just wanted to know if the 4 set bonus will finally work properly.
  • Options
    chitsuphrenechitsuphrene Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quick question about the cleric set "miracle healer's". Will this be fixed as well? Didn't say anything about it on the patch notes, just wanted to know if the 4 set bonus will finally work properly.

its working properly, the tooltip is just wrong
  • Options
    giovalainen85giovalainen85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Polish, Italian and Turkish before the Spanish???? The second most spoken language on the planet and we are completely ignorant of. Hope I'm wrong and that among our language in this patch, otherwise surely lose yourself a lot of customers, including me.
  • Options
    deepblue5deepblue5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    The 'Powers' respec, will likely be the same as the zen bought powers respec, in that its button is on the powers screen, but allows you to reset, your ability bonuses, powers, AND feats.

Otherwise, its kinda pointless

Yes the respec will let you re-roll your powers, feats and the Ability Points earned from levels...although I think they should modify this so we can also re-roll our initial Ability Points too - obviously not picking the points ourselves but the chance to roll the dice for the stats again as this is part of our spec's and should have been including in the respec token features.
  • Options
    jottimjottim Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very Nice Patch.

I hope this will also fix those lots of companions alone in the City.

Great work Guys.
  • Options
    avi07avi07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, how would you say this patch affects guardian fighters exactly?
  • Options
    rengetsu08rengetsu08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    another one of those update that is worthless, u've been making the trickster rouge more powerful than before.. when the other class are getting weaker even more... a BIAS update.... hate this! @#$%

THIS IS NOT BALANCE AT ALL @#$% IT!
    Half-Elf Devoted Cleric-Divine Oracle Build, Powers and Feats:V1.0, V2.0
  • Options
    bobothewizbobothewiz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tons of stuff in this patch, thank you thank you thank you. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rengetsu08 wrote: »
    another one of those update that is worthless, u've been making the trickster rouge more powerful than before.. when the other class are getting weaker even more... a BIAS update.... hate this! @#$%

have you really read the changes ????? almost 40% i calculate in reduction of total damage XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
This discussion has been closed.