test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR Nerf + No GWF buff = dead game

tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Soooo instead of buffing GWF up a bit in terms of damage, they decide to nerf TR in this next "balance patch". Guess all you people whining about TR being overpowered will realize soon that this balance act will make dungeon runs much longer. Why do you think people do speed runs as is? Because it's POINTLESS to do the **** instance for an hour just to get nothing. And it's going to make even more sense to exploit the hell out of instances to do as many speed runs as you can during dungeon delves since they nerfed your party's damage.

BTW, they nerfed TR's pve damage by 25-30%. Duelist Fury is no longer viable because it does less damage compared to SF. Don't believe me? Go test it on a dummy.

Yes, you all got your wish. GWF and GF will beat out a TR in terms of overall damage in instances. Too bad that affects your group's ability to finish an instance in a reasonable amount of time without exploiting.
Post edited by tenkuro on

Comments

• Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Soooo instead of buffing GWF up a bit in terms of damage, they decide to nerf TR in this next "balance patch". Guess all you people whining about TR being overpowered will realize soon that this balance act will make dungeon runs much longer. Why do you think people do speed runs as is? Because it's POINTLESS to do the **** instance for an hour just to get nothing. And it's going to make even more sense to exploit the hell out of instances to do as many speed runs as you can during dungeon delves since they nerfed your party's damage.

BTW, they nerfed TR's pve damage by 25-30%. Duelist Fury is no longer viable because it does less damage compared to SF. Don't believe me? Go test it on a dummy.

Yes, you all got your wish. GWF and GF will beat out a TR in terms of overall damage in instances. Too bad that affects your group's ability to finish an instance in a reasonable amount of time without exploiting.

People play other classes too , so this QQ thread is kinda pointless if the game is dead to you feel free to leave .
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    People play other classes too , so this QQ thread is kinda pointless if the game is dead to you feel free to leave .

I wouldnt say the game is dead just yet. But thinking the game will be fixed with this patch doesnt sound like its going to happen at this rate. The devs really should push back this full release another month or 2.

They got to get the game mechanics working better, more balance. Fix the exploits.
  • Options
    nicholasgravenicholasgrave Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013

u wrong, the nerf on Tr is very ridiculous, and the buff for gwf is very little. You crying for nothing and for no reason
  • Options
    mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    Uhhh yup... game is dead.... ermrmm hrmm it surely is <drools>
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
  • Options
    vekoolvekool Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its called class balancing. It's still a work in progress. If you want it changed send a ticket (with relevant facts, figures and screenshots attached) to actually get the dev's attention. If you back your reasons with facts, they will be heard.

Consider the following list 0of changes to be implemented before complaining.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501
    Here is My ID in case u guys want a noob Inductor, who is AFK, offline or too busy too respond - most of the time.

NO ID - I QUIT CAUSE REAL LIFE HIT ME BACK. GL AND HF IN GAME:D

(WILL STALK THE FORUMS)
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited June 2013
    If the TR nerf goes live, 95% of the TRs will quit in a week
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    If the TR nerf goes live, 95% of the TRs will quit in a week
    I hope and I hope remain only the best ( I like u avatar:) I m a old veteran of daoc, the best ever mmo)
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited June 2013
    Bullsh!t.

TRs cant "tank". Its Astral Shield and crappy game mechanics making classes able to dodge out of all attacks. Even a CW could do it. Without Astral most bosses can 1 shot a TR
  • Options
    midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Loving these TR tears :D "omg, we wont be grossly OP now! *ragequit* "
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think this is the end of party with 3 rogue and 2 cleric. I ve tested a rogue with 11,7 gear score in preview shard and i confirm this nerf is the right way for a good balanced game. In fact the rogue ramain the best SINGLE damage of the game
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    2m60mqx.jpg
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    When will you understand that this is not a 1vs1 game. Like a mod said, in this game each class dominates in a specific area, in my opinnion starting to nerf around everything will only hurt the game more.

Also, if you have a strong team there is no way to lose a pvp match, so cryptic should be really careful on nerfing in the future.
    Crying about class balance makes me think the reason is you want to be competitive in pvp, well if you want to be competitive get a team and communication.
  • Options
    brutikusivbrutikusiv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I quit a week ago. To much invested in mmo's to not see a complete self destruct coming. It is a F2P game. Do like me. Wait 4 to 8 months and give it another try.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just un-installed Neverwinter after reading this thread. Game is dead. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    blackhawke90blackhawke90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I doubt many of the people crying over nerfs have even tried the preview server. The TR changes aren't even that bad, they're stronger than ever actually.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    uh oh we got an internet tough guy over here!
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Heh, the TR is still too good at tanking. I hope the developers consider lowering the TR health pool by around -25-40%. TR have the same hp as a tank which is in fact a huge no-go. What you would like is a Tank with massive dps and constant stealth + survivability and guess what, this is exactly what the TR is. So since 1+1=2, expect more nerfs to this OP class in the future. Prepare some tissues.

TR could also use a constant debuff for their damage, similar to the DC's righteousness. If the TR is not in stealth it should not deal full damage at any time. -30 maybe -40% damage would be awesome. This is not a fighter type of class. In a 1on1 situation with a fighter (no stealth) the TR should not be able to take on a fighter AT ALL.

Peace.

I will have to respectfully disagree. The mechanics for a striker, especially a rogue, allow for high single target damage in 4e. I have personally killed defender classes successfully with a striker and survived.

In this game, however, my TR draws nearly all the threat even with a GF and 2 GWF tanking. I am doing far less damage in combat, with GWFs and CWs taking down mobs faster then I can, and I am taking huge damage thanks to my squishy AC and defense.

So at this point the GWF has better defenses, same HP, and reasonable damage and draws less threat then my TR. If I could choose, I'd swap classes.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    azlanfox wrote: »
    I will have to respectfully disagree. The mechanics for a striker, especially a rogue, allow for high single target damage in 4e. I have personally killed defender classes successfully with a striker and survived.

In this game, however, my TR draws nearly all the threat even with a GF and 2 GWF tanking it. I am doing far less damage in combat, with GWFs and CWs taking down mobs faster then I can, and I am taking huge damage thanks to my squishy AC and defense.

So at this point the GWF has better defenses, same HP, and reasonable damage and draws less threat then my TR. If I could choose, I'd swap classes.

Like I said before, if they are willing to nerf TR to the point where it's pointless to take them into instances, what do you think they will do to all the other classes when ALL the TR starts whining on the forum? These people obviously do not test their game thoroughly before releasing patches. Want proof?

AH Exploit
    One shot kill on bosses exploit
    Map exploits in instances
    AH Duping
    Zen Exchange exploit
    Equipping main hand weapons on off hand
    ETC ETC ETC.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Like I said before, if they are willing to nerf TR to the point where it's pointless to take them into instances, what do you think they will do to all the other classes when ALL the TR starts whining on the forum? These people obviously do not test their game thoroughly before releasing patches. Want proof?

AH Exploit
    One shot kill on bosses exploit
    Map exploits in instances
    AH Duping
    Zen Exchange exploit
    Equipping main hand weapons on off hand
    ETC ETC ETC.

Well, I am not arguing their quality control, but I have seen a bit less refined work from the crew on Neverwinter. However, I believe this is normal for Cryptic. Give it some time and they will smooth it over.

Personally I like dual wielding so I went with TR, but I also would go for 2-handers and heavier armor. I do wish I went the GWF route, but I was thinking 4e and did not want to play a tank. My mistake.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    azlanfox wrote: »
    Well, I am not arguing their quality control, but I have seen a bit less refined work from the crew on Neverwinter. However, I believe this is normal for Cryptic. Give it some time and they will smooth it over.

Personally I like dual wielding so I went with TR, but I also would go for 2-handers and heavier armor. I do wish I went the GWF route, but I was thinking 4e and did not want to play a tank. My mistake.

It's not Cryptic that's bad. Neverwinter became bad the moment Perfect World Entertainment bought the rights to it.

NCSOFT, PWE, BHS, whatever chinese/korean developers you can think of = will never ever improve. They are like a chinese sweatshop: pump out products and ride the initial hype for 2 months then let it die.
  • Options
    titanv2titanv2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's PWE, what do you expect. Pretty Worthless Entertainment imo
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not Cryptic that's bad. Neverwinter became bad the moment Perfect World Entertainment bought the rights to it.

Cryptic has had these issues since well before Perfect World became involved.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The OP is right this game is dying on it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but it's nothing to do with the class balance changes.

It's the exploit2win game style.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello little crying, whining TR b**es, I came from the interwebz with a messege for you:
    THE GAME DOES NOT RESOLVE AROUND YOU, WE WILL STILL BE ABLE TO DO EVERYRTING FINE EVEN WITHOUT YOU, YOU ARE NOT CLERICS OR CONTROL WIZARDS THEREFORE YOU ARE NOT MANDATORY
  • Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Hey, Crybabies, you should also request nerf of the stealth of the TR, its too over powered. Why not buff other class instead of Nerfing TR so much? Some of the players invested real money and time already, try to think of it.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    derangedmaniacderangedmaniac Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Heh, the TR is still too good at tanking. I hope the developers consider lowering the TR health pool by around -25-40%. TR have the same hp as a tank which is in fact a huge no-go. What you would like is a Tank with massive dps and constant stealth + survivability and guess what, this is exactly what the TR is. So since 1+1=2, expect more nerfs to this OP class in the future. Prepare some tissues.

TR could also use a constant debuff for their damage, similar to the DC's righteousness. If the TR is not in stealth it should not deal full damage at any time. -30 maybe -40% damage would be awesome. This is not a fighter type of class. In a 1on1 situation with a fighter (no stealth) the TR should not be able to take on a fighter AT ALL.

Peace.

First off, you are an idiot.

As for picking your post apart. Rogues have the same 19-20K hp pool that any other class that doesn't put points into Constitution would have. GF's who don't put much points into Con will not have much more health. Those that do have up to 40K health in this game. Simple as that. GF's while blocking take far less damage and are practically immune to control effects. The only problem with GF's is their lack of mobility to get out of the red areas for tanking purposes. Every other class can dodge out of the way of the big hits. Still, the auto attacks from the little adds will tear other classes to pieces. The rogue is not a tank, but the current ****ty mechanics can allow them to be tanks. Especially with Astral Shield stacking, massive cleric agro that allows them to kite everything, and the rogues ability to dodge out of all the red <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that bosses toss around since bosses almost never do auto attacks.

If the developers got over their obsession with bosses that spammed constant adds and did only wind up attacks that can be dodged, then the TR would be a less viable "boss tank" in instances. Guess what? That is already what is happening with the patch on the 20th. TR's will no longer be a viable class. It's going to be worse when Rangers come out. Mark my words on that.

As for those that don't believe the game is dying... all one has to do is monitor the Infernal Mount spam. Think about how often you saw people getting Infernal Mounts a few weeks ago. It was averaging about 1 a minute. Now about 1 an hour. Less people opening boxes means less people buying keys. Less people buying keys means less people buying zen. Less people buying zen is a symptom of less people playing. The other thing to note is the amount of active instances for protectors enclave. They've cut in half during prime time. The game is dying and the players are leaving in droves.
  • Options
    lunarm1stlunarm1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As usual those range class cry babies cries when they cannot kite melee classes bleh
This discussion has been closed.