test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Level Leadership Efficiently

jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hire Mercs. Explore local area. Hire more mercs. Keep exploring the local area. Convert mercs to guards. Keep exploring the local area. Keep hiring mercs. When you think you have enough mercs... you don't... so keep hiring. It takes 16 mercs for each footman. Always skip rare tasks until level 14 as the length doesn't justify the XP/rewards. Best bang for buck is to EXPLORE LOCAL AREA. Oh... and don't forget to hire more mercs (preferably 18 hours before you start your day).
Post edited by jpnole on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or set up another account, level a little, and send your mercs to your main account.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    gregwologregwolo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jpnole wrote: »
    Hire Mercs. Explore local area. Hire more mercs. Keep exploring the local area. Convert mercs to guards. Keep exploring the local area. Keep hiring mercs. When you think you have enough mercs... you don't... so keep hiring. It takes 16 mercs for each footman. Always skip rare tasks until level 14 as the length doesn't justify the XP/rewards. Best bang for buck is to EXPLORE LOCAL AREA. Oh... and don't forget to hire more mercs (preferably 18 hours before you start your day).

crafting your own mercs to turn to footman = effeciency? umm, ... 378 crafting hours per footman, over which time you earn next to no xp. just buy the green "man-at-arms". they can craft everything a footman can, they go to 15k diamonds on ah. its faster to grind the diamonds using lv4 gaurd duty and earn decent xp at the same time. it will take 150 hours to grind the diamonds to be able to buy a man-at-arms (if you don't already have the diamonds to purchase outright.) when your done with the man-at-arms, resell em and get money back. you only lose 1.5k diamonds, but you save 228 hours per man-at-arms bought instead of footman crafted. this really is a no brainer.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Thanks i forgot about that sweet idea thanks
  • Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Explore local area IS a winner - and don't forget when they fix chart region in the big patch, that's also 40xp/hr raw and you can use the huge stockpile of local maps you must have.
    I have blues now to speed things up, but leadership is soo slow to progress!
    I started platesmithing & leadership together, always 1/2 slots available each & leadership was 11 when I maxed platesmithing. Started mailsmithing to open up the final slot, and it's at 19 now & leadership is still only 16!
    Hopefully it will all pay off when I get to 20 and can just switch to the max diamonds per hour tasks in 8 slots and use the other one to keep making gemmed shirts & pants.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree with Greg. Buying green man-at-arms assets at the AH saves you so much time that you will easily make back the AD that they cost you. You can also further upgrade them, though that isn't cost efficient in the short run.

I stopped power-leveling LS on my main (I have it on seven of eight alts as the primary profession) at 15 and started going for chests and barrels. The purple chests (that require 15 refugees a pop) have been a pretty mixed experience. The barrels seem to be most efficient if there are no big-AD tasks.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are these the man-at-arms you buy from the vendor?

At the auction these green guys go for 80k or there abouts!
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hmm, must have increased in price lately, then. I bought mine for under 10k, and 40k for blue ones. Few weeks back.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another thing to note is that the profession system seems to reward a more "glued to your set" behavior, as tasks which complete more quickly, (and thus require more attention), tend to provide better rewards per unit time.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yah, I just checked the price a bit ago and now wonder if this is still viable? There are even one or two at 100k lol
  • Options
    gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this profession is worthless, you can make armor ect. Supposedly these people go around finding materials to make armor ect, but its you that does that. And you put them at task, but if you dont have the materials to make this rare or ultra rare item. You either buy from ah or it might come up while you dungeoner ect, while this is happening you find a better armor etc. While doing dungeons ect, so your wasting your time trying to make better armor ect with profession.
  • Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can always use Zen to get Professions packs :) I have 6 Heroes working to get to level 19 now....20 just around the bend....in about a month (ok couple weeks at most). I want to open up the 7th Profession slot so I can run more jobs as Mail Smith next. Of course Zen = Money so you can trade time for money or money for time. And yes its pointless to craft for my primary toon....Im crafting for all my secondary alts.....and the Guild and family and the AH. There is profit to be made in the professions.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Hmm, must have increased in price lately, then. I bought mine for under 10k, and 40k for blue ones. Few weeks back.

Is there another way to get these men at arms?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is there another way to get these men at arms?

The 300 Zen packs CAN contain them. There's also the quest in Neverdeath that can award them, but it's just a chance. That, or the AH. (And the 1600 Zen packs.)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The 300 Zen packs CAN contain them. There's also the quest in Neverdeath that can award them, but it's just a chance. That, or the AH. (And the 1600 Zen packs.)

Wow expensive lol - thanks for the info though - much appreciated