test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 6 Preview recap

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
this time i refused to test things other than powers and feats for few hours because i hate levelling and this feeling is shared with many others who usually spend lot of time testing new mods.
so help me and these other players to recap what is going on because i really cant see the epic stuffs they hyped during the last ama calling mod 6 the biggest mod until now.
  • 2 "reworked" zones where only levelling
  • 1 new area for the last levels from 67-70 [?]
  • new heroic encounters where players can drop what? [?]
  • PvP 3vs3 [the unexpected thing?]
  • new pvp sets
  • lv 70
  • adjusted old dungeons
  • no new full pve sets
  • no new dungeons no new skirmishes
  • reworked enchantments
  • increased cap for enchants and artifacts
  • new powers, feats, class features
  • Paladin
  • new artifact gears from heralds, tiamat (linu required)
  • reworked professions, cap raised to 25
  • reworked invoking
  • no new races
  • no new artifact except two [hp, armor pen, control resist - hp,power,stamina]
  • new 3/3 artifact gear sets [tiamat, valindra, lostmout]
  • New mounts: armored bulette, normal bulette, armored strider, normal strider, giant crab.
  • New companions: water/air/earth archon, squire, slaad, cambion, kenku.
  • new Elven sets : assault and ward(they drop in temple of tiamat) , and can be upgraded to Elemental elven , through black ice shaping

[?] source needed

everything good, interesting but i was wondering....
where is the content? what the player is supposed to do when mod 6 hits live?

If there is a story/lore behind for those who leveled their toons with the new area please share it with us
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9068253-elemental-evil%3A-coming-march-17th
read the articles here to know the full story, it seems i was wrong. it's probably more interesting than previous mods.

discuss, correct, add
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    where is the content? what the player is supposed to do when mod 6 hits live?

I would guess the first thing a player should do is level to 70 through the 4 new adventure zones. Just because the zone uses the same basic map doesn't mean it's not chocked full of new content.

Or is this a trick question?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    no its not a tricky question. as stated, i wasnt willing to level to 70 in preview shard for no reason.
    i just assume the levelling will be the same as 1-60 and this means quests.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If there is a story/lore behind for those who leveled their toons with the new area please share it with us

Yes. There's been like 5 blog posts and 2 livestreams about that.

Here's one that recaps and links to all of them.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9068253-elemental-evil%3A-coming-march-17th!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    no new sets

The gear set situation is rather worrisome , the new rank 25 epic BiS non artifact weaponsmithing/artificing tasks seem to have been removed from both professions now too so instead of adding stuff they are removing it xD , hopefully this Friday will see lots of new gear revealed for us to look at.

no new artifact except one [hp, armor pen, control resist]

There is this one as well .

ZaaBvdm.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    thanks both for the help, i missed a couple of articles.
    it seems there is a strong story behind and its very interesting, however i still have some doubts about how it s shared with the players, common questing?
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    no its not a tricky question. as stated, i wasnt willing to level to 70 in preview shard for no reason.
    i just assume the levelling will be the same as 1-60 and this means quests.
    not the same type of quest you leveled up with there are mabey 10 differant quest per zone and they are all repeatable hourly
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    New artifacts would be OP sigil, symbol of earth and that wheel of elements.
    New mounts like: armored bulette, normal bulette, armored strider, normal strider, giant crab.
    New companions: water/air/earth archon, squire, slaad, cambion, kenku and others were reworked.

Btw, What's the goal in the mod6? lvl up to 70 and then what?. Defeat the cultists doing repeatable hourly missions? Why is the new artifact gear related to Tiamat? (honest questions so please enlighten me)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    New artifacts would be OP sigil, symbol of earth and that wheel of elements.
    New mounts like: armored bulette, normal bulette, armored strider, normal strider, giant crab.
    New companions: water/air/earth archon, squire, slaad, cambion, kenku and others were reworked.

Btw, What's the goal in the mod6? lvl up to 70 and then what?. Defeat the cultists doing repeatable hourly missions? Why is the new artifact gear related to Tiamat? (honest questions so please enlighten me)

this is exactly the concern i m trying to address
    thanks for the additional infos
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    maybe this is just the first part of elemental evil and they plan on adding some dungeons and skirmishes for it later in a follow up module in a couple of months?
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    maybe this is just the first part of elemental evil and they plan on adding some dungeons and skirmishes for it later in a follow up module in a couple of months?
    oh no i dont want to hear that then they could intraduce new artifact dear again
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    no new campaign, no new boons. right? or at least not yet implemented
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited March 2015

this, i think at 17.3. we get literally only zones for level cap.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    they said something during the last streaming?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    they said something during the last streaming?

No it's just a guess , I would have thought they would have added the Temple of elemental evil as a big dungeon , plus the WotC p&p campaign is set to run until mid summer , running countless new dailies/ repeatable quests every day will get old pretty fast , I can't imagine having to do it until June/July lol
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am wondering if maybe the Temple of Elemental Evil may not be added as Mod7, with Mod 6 being sort of the lead up to it, sort of like what happened with Mods 4 and 5. But I would like to see the temple as a campaign that once you enter into it, you can not leave until you complete the campaign, so would have to have all the shops in it, including the AH.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I hated what they did with mod 4 and 5... i really hope this is not the case.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No it's just a guess , I would have thought they would have added the Temple of elemental evil as a big dungeon , plus the WotC p&p campaign is set to run until mid summer , running countless new dailies/ repeatable quests every day will get old pretty fast , I can't imagine having to do it until June/July lol

Doubtful. Module 7 should come in June/July rather and it is extremely doubtful it will be Elemental Evil again. So, no. I think nothing new as far as Mod 6 goes.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Doubtful. Module 7 should come in June/July rather and it is extremely doubtful it will be Elemental Evil again. So, no. I think nothing new as far as Mod 6 goes.

Based on what exactly?

It could be said that Dread Ring was a follow up to Sharandar, in both cases we were after the same boss. Mod 4 and 5 took that idea to the next level. The only real mod that was a single stand alone adventure was Icewind.

Honestly, just based on what we don't have in mod 6, its all but a given it will continue in mod 7. There is no big baddie yet, no final conclusion. This is just the build up, the main event will be mod 7
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Module 6 appears to be an arms race against our former enemies, and the polar bears win.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, there's no reason to believe that the story in Module 6 is going to be a "one and done" thing. They might even add additional dungeons and or story lines without necessarily resorting to a full module launch.

Also, keep in mind this is based on the what WotC is doing with their "Elemental Evil" content, which is going to run all through the summer.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Based on what exactly?

It could be said that Dread Ring was a follow up to Sharandar, in both cases we were after the same boss. Mod 4 and 5 took that idea to the next level. The only real mod that was a single stand alone adventure was Icewind.

Honestly, just based on what we don't have in mod 6, its all but a given it will continue in mod 7. There is no big baddie yet, no final conclusion. This is just the build up, the main event will be mod 7

Did they go back to Sharandar and add new dungeons after the Dread Ring module? No.

The saga continues as ToD took players back to previous zones to kill dragons but other than daily instances no main dungeons are added.

Through the first 5 modules, we have yet to see the developers go back to theme zones in older modules and add main dungeons there.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think the point of this module is to enjoy the leveling up process to lvl 70.

You will still be able to do all of the reworked dungeons even if you are not lvl 70, due to scaling.

Hopefully the scaling will be tuned a bit, of course.

But I think that if you power level up to 70 in 1 hour, you will spend the next 3 months bored. So, enjoy the journey instead.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    I think the point of this module is to enjoy the leveling up process to lvl 70.

You will still be able to do all of the reworked dungeons even if you are not lvl 70, due to scaling.

Hopefully the scaling will be tuned a bit, of course.

But I think that if you power level up to 70 in 1 hour, you will spend the next 3 months bored. So, enjoy the journey instead.

I don't know how many players who have been playing this game for 2 years enjoy leveling and redoing everything they have done in module 5. That's the fear, not the fear of change, but no change.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't know how many players who have been playing this game for 2 years enjoy leveling and redoing everything they have done in module 5. That's the fear, not the fear of change, but no change.

I'm looking forward to it. I've been playing the same toon since April 25, 2013. I can't wait to add some additional levels, new feats, new powers and new equipment.

It's the nature of MMOs. Didn't WoW go from 60 to 70 to 80 to 85 to 90 to 100?
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it. I've been playing the same toon since April 25, 2013. I can't wait to add some additional levels, new feats, new powers and new equipment.

It's the nature of MMOs. Didn't WoW go from 60 to 70 to 80 to 85 to 90 to 100?

They also added new stuff to do in WoW every time they raised the level cap. New dungeons, new raids, new skilling systems. New Battleground, new faction systems, new events, among other things
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You also pay $50-60 for them.

But with Module 6 you're get a new class, 10 new levels, 4 new adventurer zones, new feats, new powers, and new profession levels. So that's pretty dang good, in my opinion. Oh...and it's free :)
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    You also pay $50-60 for them.

But with Module 6 you're get a new class, 10 new levels, 4 new adventurer zones, new feats, new powers, and new profession levels. So that's pretty dang good, in my opinion. Oh...and it's free :)

Soon they don't have to pay due to the Plex like Tokens.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe someone who's actually played the contest should make this list, because it's rather obvious you haven't - A large portion of the information on that list is outdated.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    new Elven sets : assault and ward(they drop in temple of tiamat) , and can be upgraded to Elemental elven , through black ice shaping
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Soon they don't have to pay due to the Plex like Tokens.

Somebody has to pay. They're not just created out of thin air. Someone buys a token, sells it for gold. And those tokens are redeemed for subscription time, not the cost of the expansions.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1