test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What server has the RP community

tohmaharahtohmaharah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
just like the title says, i am wondering which server has a decent rp community? Any help?
Post edited by tohmaharah on

Comments

• Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    none of them
  • Options
    forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    Role play? In an action game? :-) There is going to be a merge anyway, so there will be only 1.
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    RP... lolz

I heared WoW has some RP PvE servers - maybe you are better off with this.
  • Options
    tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oxiaction wrote: »
    RP... lolz

I heared WoW has some RP PvE servers - maybe you are better off with this.

This "go back to WoW" phrase is a shortcut to thinking. RP was/is a crucial element to Dungeons and Dragons. People coming to this game looking for RP shouldn't be ostracized just because the majority of the player base isn't interested in it. Some people like to keep the RP in their RPG's. Just because the X-Box Live generation doesn't get it, doesn't mean that there isn't space for it in any game, regardless of official server designations or not. GW2 doesn't have official server designations, yet they have a thriving RP community on the Tarnished Coast server that is completely built by the community. In Neverwinter, this doesn't exist yet, possibly because of the deceptive Open Beta title. Maybe after the game officially launches, we'll see more RP'ers try the game out and start building their little community. I've seen some RP guilds in this game already, and they mostly focus on the Foundry, building quests and stories for each other to play through. I don't think this is going to change much once the game goes live. It would be very surprising to see open world RP in this type of game's environment when RP'ers can go into the Foundry and be free from disruptions. If you want to find the RP community in this game, find an RP guild first. Everything's going to have to be built grass roots style.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    tyr216 wrote: »
    This "go back to WoW" phrase is a shortcut to thinking. RP was/is a crucial element to Dungeons and Dragons. People coming to this game looking for RP shouldn't be ostracized just because the majority of the player base isn't interested in it. Some people like to keep the RP in their RPG's. Just because the X-Box Live generation doesn't get it, doesn't mean that there isn't space for it in any game, regardless of official server designations or not. GW2 doesn't have official server designations, yet they have a thriving RP community on the Tarnished Coast server that is completely built by the community. In Neverwinter, this doesn't exist yet, possibly because of the deceptive Open Beta title. Maybe after the game officially launches, we'll see more RP'ers try the game out and start building their little community. I've seen some RP guilds in this game already, and they mostly focus on the Foundry, building quests and stories for each other to play through. I don't think this is going to change much once the game goes live. It would be very surprising to see open world RP in this type of game's environment when RP'ers can go into the Foundry and be free from disruptions. If you want to find the RP community in this game, find an RP guild first. Everything's going to have to be built grass roots style.

problem is, people see the game MMO 1st and D&D later, means if you cant find things here that in usual MMO, game is bad. also, most MMO gamers today see more on PvP as main attraction regardless what MMO they are playing
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    problem is, people see the game MMO 1st and D&D later, means if you cant find things here that in usual MMO, game is bad. also, most MMO gamers today see more on PvP as main attraction regardless what MMO they are playing
    Yea im calling bs on that
  • Options
    ladybedlamladybedlam Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you wanna rp you should play Neverwinter Nights 2. Its an RPG. Dalelands is great. www.dalelandsbeyond.com
    There is a fine line between genius and insanity....I have replaced that line with a trout!
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For now, most Roleplayers are on the Mindflayer shard.
    Though there are Rpers on Beholder and Dragon shards as well.

And I would suggest going here as well. http://www.neverwinter-rp.com

Server merge is coming sometime in the near future so it doesnt truly matter all that much.

I personally have characters on both Mindflayer and Beholder I Rp with.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    For now, most Roleplayers are on the Mindflayer shard.
    Though there are Rpers on Beholder and Dragon shards as well.

And I would suggest going here as well. http://www.neverwinter-rp.com

Server merge is coming sometime in the near future so it doesnt truly matter all that much.

I personally have characters on both Mindflayer and Beholder I Rp with.

I really hope they don't do any server merges. How would they handle characters with the same names? SWTOR did forced name changes and it did not go over well at all. I don't want to see that happen here. Besides, the population feels high enough. PE zone chat is always flooded with an endless, endless sea of non-stop spam. If they merge the servers, zone chat's going to be even more annoyingly unreadable.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really hope they don't do any server merges. How would they handle characters with the same names?

Names are not unique anyway, only handles.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Names are not unique anyway, only handles.

Uh, yea they are. I've tried creating new characters and got the error message, "this name is already in use" or something like that.
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like roleplay but the wife got fed up being Batman.

As said above, when all 3 shards become one, it won't matter. Also as said above, you just need an RP guild rather than worrying about getting a server.

Currently I'm cowering on Beholder mostly roleplaying as someone looking for groups.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Uh, yea they are. I've tried creating new characters and got the error message, "this name is already in use" or something like that.

Look, you are talking gibberish here. The only time you get that message is if you try to make two characters of your own with the same name. You can copy anyone else's name and they can copy yours. But you can't have two same names on the same handle. Which has nothing to do with server merges.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Roleplaying feels like it's been steadily dying over the years. MMO's used to be a niche genre, but now more and more console gamers are crossing over to the overall detriment of the genre. Developers are finding ways to support RP less and less. One big step is them removing designations for servers by calling them RP servers, which means they don't have to enforce RP server rules, like naming conventions and disruptions. At least in this game, we've got the Foundry and it's a great escape from the non-RP'ers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Look, you are talking gibberish here. The only time you get that message is if you try to make two characters of your own with the same name. You can copy anyone else's name and they can copy yours. But you can't have two same names on the same handle. Which has nothing to do with server merges.

I apologize. You're right. I just tested it out.