test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are portals working?

torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
Trying to get these portals working. I'd rather have it 'appear when:' .. but alas.

How can I make it appear? Its set to Y offset Terrain, and seems visible in edit mode, but never actually materializes upon playthrough.

#590 and #591 .. I'm assuming 591 is the exit? That's how I set it up.. 590 Entrance still not appearing.. ? =X

Any tips or a thread with [up to date] portal info would be appreciated! =D
NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
Thanks for all the fish.
Post edited by torontodave on

Comments

• Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    myrkolith wrote: »
    There are actually 3 PARTS to a teleporter, and on outdoor maps everything you place in 2d mode is set to terrain, everything you place in 3d mode is set to zero.

For the 3 parts you have to do this, select the 2 parts you can see normally and set them to zero.
    Then click at the top where it lists all the assets on the map in that list you'll see any teleporters you have listed, click on the first part of the teleporter (that has the drop down menu for the other 2 parts) and set that to zero as well. Now you should have no problem using them.

This is what helped me.. the hidden 'third' piece of every pair of teleporter portals.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A couple of other useful teleporter tips:

1) Rotation is in radians, not degrees. That means that a full circle is 2pi (~ 6.28), a half circle is pi (~3.14), a quarter circle is 1/2 pi (~1.57), etc.

2) Teleporters are always there, and always on. However, you can make details appear or disappear to reveal or cover the teleporters, making it have the same functional effect as if the teleporter itself appeared or disappeared. You just have to be creative with your map work so that they don't see the covering detail appear or disappear (or appear on top of where someone is standing).
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Foundry Advanced Topics: Teleporters
    Thank you so much for posting this Eldarth. The teleporters have been one issue why I haven't been working on my foundry lately, as in ACT V of my Campaign, I really need to use Teleporters. Hope they actually fix it soon though, it has been broken for far too long, among many other outstanding foundry bugs.
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Thank you so much for posting this Eldarth. The teleporters have been one issue why I haven't been working on my foundry lately, as in ACT V of my Campaign, I really need to use Teleporters. Hope they actually fix it soon though, it has been broken for far too long, among many other outstanding foundry bugs.
    Additionally, teleporters used on outdoor maps, set both ends Y "Relative to Zero," and then go into the Component Tree, and set the parent object for both teleporter ends Y "Relative to zero." The parent object for the two teleporter ends is the main culprit for why teleporters behave strangely on outdoor terrain maps, because it defaults to Y relative to terrain on outdoor maps. Fixing it will allow an Author to set the coordinates directly without all the extra hassle.

Edit: I actually prefer to drop Anvils down where I want the two teleporter ends to be, nudging them a little in 3D edit mode so they are relative to Zero, and then manually transferring the coordinates from the Anvils to the teleporter ends (ensuring the two ends and parent are all relative to zero, as mentioned by the advanced topics wiki and this post).
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Many thanks also, Essenti!
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Foundry Advanced Topics: Teleporters
    Teleporters are the bane of my existence. However, some of the details in here may help out considerably.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]