linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    a cw hit me 44k damage...
    a gwf hit us all 38k damage area...
    a gf hit me 36k damage
    a tr hit me 32k damage
    a dc hit me dot 33k damage

any questions?

all you people saying you made a tr to test... troll somewhere else...

some cw said tr is king pve..
    cw can sit in the center of 100+ monsters and win without stealth.. so whats your point?
    gwf can do the same...
    other classes as well.

stop trying to nerf tr and just stick to your classes.
    you wouuld actually play better if you learned how to win instead of copy catting the class and play styles that killed u...

With lively applause :)
  • Options
    jarecstephjarecsteph Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    linoge63 wrote: »
    With lively applause :)

Nerf TR daze and ITC on players for PVP, I don't mind if TRs stay as they are now for PVE
  • Options
    cheyennemountaincheyennemountain Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jarecsteph wrote: »
    Nerf TR daze and ITC on players for PVP, I don't mind if TRs stay as they are now for PVE

Jarec, I had the pleasure of fighting you in a PvP pug run quite recently. When I opened the opponent window your name pretty much leaped at me given that you're such a vocal proponent of wielding the nerf bat towards TRs. As such, I was eager to see whether you conformed to my expectations.

Well, I was in for a surprise. You played well both isolated and when team players were around you.
    What surprised me even more was that despite the vehemence that you hold towards adjustments of these powers, you had zero problem in dealing with them. I chose various combinations of skills, and rotations to see your reactions. At every point, you dealt with me efficiently. Fair and square.

You could very well argue that I'm a particularly bad TR or that our GS difference is a deciding factor. Maybe I was having a particularly bad day/you were having a good one. There might be truth to any of these suppositions, however I'm not convinced that's the case.

I've now seen first hand your capacity to comfortably deal with the daze mechanic. So, I have to start questioning your motive to post/start threads as often as you do calling for overkill adjustments. Call me a pessimist but I'm sure it's not for the good of the community at large.
    It would certainly explain you reluctance to post supporting videos when asked all those threads ago
    Morgana CW
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    These videos are a joke. Only the last fight was an average TR fight and the CW won only because the Tr didn't run in stealth and come back when is rotations were ready he wasn't careful at all and also the CW had a lucky Storm Spell proc with a critical Entangling force near the end of the fight.

no idea why it is a joke all those trs were top 2 pages
    its far from average
    there is no way in million years that tr kill bis cw in less then 2 min
    even if cw is randomly dodging nothing more
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    f2pma wrote: »
    no idea why it is a joke all those trs were top 2 pages
    its far from average
    there is no way in million years that tr kill bis cw in less then 2 min
    even if cw is randomly dodging nothing more

Then those TR were having a very bad day. These fights were no good to average no more.

I can tell you I even fought 15K TRs that were much better then these fights.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Jarec, I had the pleasure of fighting you in a PvP pug run quite recently. When I opened the opponent window your name pretty much leaped at me given that you're such a vocal proponent of wielding the nerf bat towards TRs. As such, I was eager to see whether you conformed to my expectations.

Well, I was in for a surprise. You played well both isolated and when team players were around you.
    What surprised me even more was that despite the vehemence that you hold towards adjustments of these powers, you had zero problem in dealing with them. I chose various combinations of skills, and rotations to see your reactions. At every point, you dealt with me efficiently. Fair and square.

You could very well argue that I'm a particularly bad TR or that our GS difference is a deciding factor. Maybe I was having a particularly bad day/you were having a good one. There might be truth to any of these suppositions, however I'm not convinced that's the case.

I've now seen first hand your capacity to comfortably deal with the daze mechanic. So, I have to start questioning your motive to post/start threads as often as you do calling for overkill adjustments. Call me a pessimist but I'm sure it's not for the good of the community at large.
    It would certainly explain you reluctance to post supporting videos when asked all those threads ago

I know how to fight and I can tell you that I was first position on top of page 3 and I got there myself without any guild. I was to turn page 2 when I won a match against premade and finished first with 12,800 something point but the guild premade guys all left (kicking cheaters and there a lot of theme) just before the end of the match when they saw they were losing. Result they stayed where they were and me I dropped from page 3 to 12 instead of getting to 2. For that nonsense in the way the games handle those situations by punishing legit players and rewarding cheaters and because of TRs op I cut my playing time to 10%.

Now why I’m I so against TR daze and ITC? Because it is no fun to always working around not being daze and when you do, have an immune ITC and stealth ghost TR to fight with. The fight as to be balance so you can fight offence and defence not 80% defence, also when you do so TRs build HP and AP much faster than you are.

All TRs fight evolve around daze and ITC that are too long and frequent considering all the speed, DPS and stealth they have. The winning odds are all for TR that way. And if you had Scoundrel feat with Concussive strike and Skullcracker then it’s insane.

By cutting IPTC 50% and Daze effects 75%, Trs will simply have to work harder to win like we all do against them and I think it will be funnier and much better for everyone including TR.
  • Options
    cheyennemountaincheyennemountain Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I know how to fight and I can tell you that I was first position on top of page 3 and I got there myself without any guild. I was to turn page 2 when I won a match against premade and finished first with 12,800 something point but the guild premade guys all left (kicking cheaters and there a lot of theme) just before the end of the match when they saw they were losing. Result they stayed where they were and me I dropped from page 3 to 12 instead of getting to 2. For that nonsense in the way the games handle those situations by punishing legit players and rewarding cheaters and because of TRs op I cut my playing time to 10%.

Now why I’m I so against TR daze and ITC? Because it is no fun to always working around not being daze and when you do, have an immune ITC and stealth ghost TR to fight with. The fight as to be balance so you can fight offence and defence not 80% defence, also when you do so TRs build HP and AP much faster than you are.

All TRs fight evolve around daze and ITC that are too long and frequent considering all the speed, DPS and stealth they have. The winning odds are all for TR that way. And if you had Scoundrel feat with Concussive strike and Skullcracker then it’s insane.

By cutting IPTC 50% and Daze effects 75%, Trs will simply have to work harder to win like we all do against them and I think it will be funnier and much better for everyone including TR.

Yeah, you can tell us. You've told us more than once though, and our memories aren't that short. Unless of course you look upon it as credentials to validate you point of view. I believe Mr Freud would have referred to it as Ego.
    Cutting you playtime to 10% obviously hasn't been wasted. We can see that you've made good use of your time here in the TR threads.

Now, you say that you're this high on the score boards, and as I saw you had zero issue with the daze effects from the scoundrel feat tree. Hell, you efficiently dispatched me and a fellow TR on more than one occasion, and yet this isn't fun enough for you?

As you've insinuated, the players at the top of the leaderboard are, on the whole manipulating to get there. This would suggest that, with you being this high on there that you're one of the best CWs/players on the server. You state that you got there on your own and with no guild to support you. I say kudos to that!
    This does however present the perspective that having adapted, improvised and over come the challenges with the scoundrel feats to arrive where you are by skill, that those TR feats aren't as onerous as you're making out. Ultimately when you distill your argument down, it appears that you just want to kill TRs quicker and with less hassle than you currently do.

Suggesting the adjustments that you have belies one of two situations. Either you have a complete lack of insight into how the TR's feats are built and its resulting impact on both paragons, or the aforementioned wish to eliminate TRs quicker. With your position on the leaderboard and your capability that you're so fond of reminding us about, I'd hedge my bets and say it's probably a mixture of the two. Which one is it?

This may be a spelling mistake, but i can't help but think of it as a Freudian slip.
    Morgana CW
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, you can tell us. You've told us more than once though, and our memories aren't that short. Unless of course you look upon it as credentials to validate you point of view. I believe Mr Freud would have referred to it as Ego.
    Cutting you playtime to 10% obviously hasn't been wasted. We can see that you've made good use of your time here in the TR threads.

Now, you say that you're this high on the score boards, and as I saw you had zero issue with the daze effects from the scoundrel feat tree. Hell, you efficiently dispatched me and a fellow TR on more than one occasion, and yet this isn't fun enough for you?

As you've insinuated, the players at the top of the leaderboard are, on the whole manipulating to get there. This would suggest that, with you being this high on there that you're one of the best CWs/players on the server. You state that you got there on your own and with no guild to support you. I say kudos to that!
    This does however present the perspective that having adapted, improvised and over come the challenges with the scoundrel feats to arrive where you are by skill, that those TR feats aren't as onerous as you're making out. Ultimately when you distill your argument down, it appears that you just want to kill TRs quicker and with less hassle than you currently do.

Suggesting the adjustments that you have belies one of two situations. Either you have a complete lack of insight into how the TR's feats are built and its resulting impact on both paragons, or the aforementioned wish to eliminate TRs quicker. With your position on the leaderboard and your capability that you're so fond of reminding us about, I'd hedge my bets and say it's probably a mixture of the two. Which one is it?

It just means at some point recently, he got better in skill, got better gear to match it, and better understanding/experience on how to fight TRs, and now that's happened, he realized that other TRs were right when they told him he was grossly exaggerating, but now he's too embarrassed to admit it and he's still angry about all the defeats he suffered from TRs up to this point.

It's not uncommon to face similar embarrassing situations in PvP where you are so certain of something, but then you actually become better, and realize all your complains were misguided. I've also made similar mistakes in the past - in fact most everyone who plays PvP meets a situation like this during their play-career.

In terms of logic, the moment he said/admitted, "who said I was talking about permadaze?", all his past arguments self-destructed.

Of course, admittedly, that doesn't mean that us TRs are fine the way we are. There is still some truth in the variety of complaints coming from all sorts of people. Its just that his interpretation of what's right/wrong about TR balance is quite bad. Nobody can really comment on the exact mechanics unless they've spent time with it.

I have a hundred complaints about the current DCs since I'm not the broken, OP, "1-shot" TR exploiting bugs, so I find it difficult to kill them, as well as I find their DoTs about as trouble some as our Disheartening Strike before its nerf.... but I can't really comment on what to fix since my knowledge about the class is superficial. If I would start commenting on how to nerf DCs mechanic wise with my current level of knowledge, I'd get as much flamed as he is.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    For all of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we give the Devs, I know one thing is for sure.

They are smart enough not to buy an ounce of your nonsense. Everything you noted above tells an aware PvPer that you either have absolutely no clue what kind of a TR you are facing, or you are outright lying.

It is very obvious that the latter is the case.

Don’t forget I’m 23K GS CW and that my points are always made regarding fight against 21 to 24 K GS TRs so for fighters having near the same gear score.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

This may be a spelling mistake, but i can't help but think of it as a Freudian slip.

I only talk a little bit about my ability to fight because TRs are always trying to discredit the other characters thread by saying they don’t know this and that and so on…

Like I said before don’t forget I’m 23K GS CW and that my points are always made regarding fight against 21 to 24 K GS TRs so for fighters having near the same gear score.

I don’t insinuate, I know from several fights (about 10) that some of them are doing it. And I started my thread when I realise that even with a certain degree of knowledge you can’t keep up a faire balance fight.

I know what can be done but in many case that’s not even close to be enough. I know about TR's feats and for the rest maybe ITC should be cut 35 to 50% (it has to be test) but for daze 75% if all the abilities stay as they are, or daze 50% and add 8 to 10 second dazes immunities on the player that has been daze.

Regarding Scoundrel feat, Concussive Strike and Scullcrakes daze effect should be cut 50% and the activation time should be 10 seconds for Concussive Strike and 25 seconds for Scullcrakes.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It just means at some point recently, he got better in skill, got better gear to match it, and better understanding/experience on how to fight TRs, and now that's happened, he realized that other TRs were right when they told him he was grossly exaggerating, but now he's too embarrassed to admit it and he's still angry about all the defeats he suffered from TRs up to this point.

It's not uncommon to face similar embarrassing situations in PvP where you are so certain of something, but then you actually become better, and realize all your complains were misguided. I've also made similar mistakes in the past - in fact most everyone who plays PvP meets a situation like this during their play-career.

In terms of logic, the moment he said/admitted, "who said I was talking about permadaze?", all his past arguments self-destructed.

Of course, admittedly, that doesn't mean that us TRs are fine the way we are. There is still some truth in the variety of complaints coming from all sorts of people. Its just that his interpretation of what's right/wrong about TR balance is quite bad. Nobody can really comment on the exact mechanics unless they've spent time with it.

I have a hundred complaints about the current DCs since I'm not the broken, OP, "1-shot" TR exploiting bugs, so I find it difficult to kill them, as well as I find their DoTs about as trouble some as our Disheartening Strike before its nerf.... but I can't really comment on what to fix since my knowledge about the class is superficial. If I would start commenting on how to nerf DCs mechanic wise with my current level of knowledge, I'd get as much flamed as he is.

That’s not the case.

I’m still asking for the same daze and ITC adjustment toward a better TR balance.

And regarding "who said I was talking about permadaze" read the context I wasn’t talking about that topic. But yes in other thread I did. I still know for a fact that permadaze happens.

I don’t talk about TR mechanics. Don't worry, TRs exist before this crazy daze effects opness and they still will after daze nerf.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    someone close this thread please...
    it has gone no where...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    this place is for whiners and severely injured buttocks :rolleyes:
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mod 4 i was fighting a hr and started my usal only viable attack stealth df jump df jump
    last jump i connect and land df on hr .......nothing happens to him im 50% hp left ,k nevemind
    i use bait and start again df jump....conect but this time in itc ,hr no dmg at all im 10%hp
    and hr say to me U ARE HEALING ME WITH THAT DF U IDIOT.
    i say to him BUT THAT IS ONLY DMG I HAVE U FOOL.
    then i run like a idiot around the cap
    i think todays cw are in way better position then mod 4 trs
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lol HR still annoy me. One version has far more stealth than I do as a scoundrel (but not sure if it is daily usage or what only that he can stealth and me after and I am visible well before he is). I think they should also be visible while attacking from 'stealth' -- hah!
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You know, I love how this thread actually started out with legit balance suggestions to TR and then derailed into a full argument about how classes match up in PVP.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Lol HR still annoy me. One version has far more stealth than I do as a scoundrel (but not sure if it is daily usage or what only that he can stealth and me after and I am visible well before he is). I think they should also be visible while attacking from 'stealth' -- hah!

You know, that is a good point.

1. Why are HRs given free speed buffs while at stealth? For the TR it takes a class feature to achieve that effect.
    2. HR stealth doesn't reveal when the Forest Ghost auto-attack effect takes place
    3. HR stealth doesn't reveal even if the HR is CCd

...since the introduction of AP cloaks the only thing stopping the HRs from spamming stealth is simply the cooldown. Since it is a daily, I wouldn't go so far as to demand their stealth duration is also cut down when they get attacked, but other features? Gratuitous stuff which they should not have had access to, IMO.

Of course, this is simply a complaint, and hardly any priority issue in PvP.