test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how come good pvpers getting slapped in the face?

124»

Comments

• Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you're two-shotting TRs and CWs, there's no suprise they leave and/or you get no glory.
    That's life. Quit QQing.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Glory is literally the most useless currency in the game. Why is he even crying over not getting enough? Even if PvP rewarded nothing, I would still PvP.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    gosugoosegosugoose Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh god, NW taking ideas from LoL. This game is clearly headed for great success.
  • Options
    midoritlmidoritl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dev reply explaining that glory is now correlated to actual challenge vs. previously how lopsided the match was seems to make sense for most people. It may be less glory farming per hour but for all the cries of injustice, this new reward system actually seems more fair to me.

Of course, you could ask for the match-making to be made more sensitive to relative gear scores/composition of the teams though and only pair your team against top PvPers. But if you think about it, I'm not sure you'll get more glory per hour that way. Matches that last the full 30 min won't give you as much as steamrolling 3 PUGs and you may even have more wait time in between matches if there are only few premades matching your own.
  • Options
    gullyvuhrgullyvuhr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Playing with a team of 5 against pugs isn't exactly earning those wins.

Problem is same as it is in any MMO - the people who have access to groups think they deserve to farm the players who don't, which skilllessly increases the gear difference.. while the solo players try and explain they don't actually enjoy being farmed, nor are they playing enough to find a regular 5 person team.

Problem always sorts itself out though when the solo players stop queuing and the queue times rocket up.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gullyvuhr wrote: »
    Playing with a team of 5 against pugs isn't exactly earning those wins.

Problem is same as it is in any MMO - the people who have access to groups think they deserve to farm the players who don't, which skilllessly increases the gear difference.. while the solo players try and explain they don't actually enjoy being farmed, nor are they playing enough to find a regular 5 person team.

Problem always sorts itself out though when the solo players stop queuing and the queue times rocket up.

Thank you. I think you've summed it up from a perspective that I don't have. This is looking at it from other MMOs? I've never done PvP before this game.

Solo players are going to continue to queue though, and possibly only halfheartedly try, because of the AD incentive.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Glory is literally the most useless currency in the game. Why is he even crying over not getting enough? Even if PvP rewarded nothing, I would still PvP.

Oh it was pointed out to me recently that you can sell the PvP healing potions for quite a bit of gold. (4gp I think I was told?) So you can actually translate glory into usable currency.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pwe has other and better games for pvp enthusiast.i still have a couple installed on my pc.you have to accept the fact this is a pve game.the majority of players it will attract will be pve players.this could all change one day,but not anytime soon.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Fyi to all.

the OP is the worst drama poster in this forum.

Dont feed him
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More challenging matches get higher rewards. :)

This is something that is basic and should have been included from the start. If both teams are neck and neck and the game lasts 30 minutes the teams should be rewarded for their valiant efforts. Teams which simply steamroll other teams will, of course, be rewarded in something which is adequate for their time put into the match.

That's nothing new. It's something which really should have been there from the beginning. :)

Fine, so the developers should fix the queue first and then implement these changes . Match premades vs premades only .