test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how come good pvpers getting slapped in the face?

maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So you have a team of 5, you like to pvp and win mostly all the time...

When the other team /quits and either afk (no points after patch) or simply click on their icon and leave, making the game go quicker we'll get no glory?

sup?

Finished PvP maps no longer stand a chance of sometimes stranding players without a Leave button.
Players may no longer be kicked from PvP maps unless they are disconnected.
Players must now participate in a PvP match to qualify for its rewards.
Players no longer get points for Assists if they do not deal damage to the target player.
We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update.
PvP matches that go by much more quickly than expected now give fewer rewards.
The "Match Start" countdown now properly waits until the match is about to begin to start counting down.
The minimap zoom boundaries in both PvP maps have been improved; players should be able to zoom out more.
The rewards for losing a PvP match have been lowered.
While waiting for more players to join a PvP match, the UI now displays that it's waiting for players
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by maximilious on

Comments

• krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bad PVP mechanics, poorly designed maps, and an open beta game that still needs tweaking is why this is happening it has nothing to do with you.

I do my two dominations a day to get the AD and then never queue again, classes are too imbalanced. If you want PVP go play something that focuses on PVP. This isn't the game for it.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    Bad PVP mechanics, poorly designed maps, and an open beta game that still needs tweaking is why this is happening it has nothing to do with you.

I do my two dominations a day to get the AD and then never queue again, classes are too imbalanced. If you want PVP go play something that focuses on PVP. This isn't the game for it.

the thing is, this IS a pvp game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

No it is a PVE game with some PVP thrown in.
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Yeah, it clearly is balanced around pvp. On a serious note I don't like that change and rewards for losing dropping. I get stuck with a lot of afkers and that just means I'm going to receive less due to abusers. To top it off, I'll no longer be able to kick said afker due to the kick being changed too.
  • vagdushvagdush Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    98% PvE, 2% PvP... clearly a PvP game. PvP'rs like to spend money in the cash shop, and while I won't call this whole game a cash-grab, I will call PvP a cash-grab.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is a PVE game with some PVP aspects, they are trying to merge these two together a little more in the upcoming Gauntlgrym update which I am looking forward to.
  • jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

When the other team /quits and either afk (no points after patch) or simply click on their icon and leave, making the game go quicker we'll get no glory?

sup?

Were does it say youll get no glory? Im fairly certain it says it will give fewer rewards. Fewer doesnt equal zero.

You get fewer rewards because its probably a steam roll 6-10 minute win and you can move on faster to get more glory in the next match.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

sup?

Why should you get good rewards for no risk? If you can face-roll the other team, why is that worthy of a good reward?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    20 man party. 15 CW with tenebr chants + 5 clerics = gg? =)
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well I can tell you if you're one of these guilds who makes a pre-made team and queues up with random noobs and constantly facerolls them, you're in for a rude awakening.

it's bad enough when it's clear you are going to lose in the first 15 seconds, but at least you can /afk and go get a snack, at least you'll get some xp out of it.

after the "no xp for losers" patch who will want to stick around to the end? nobody, they will all /quit, the match will "go by quicker" and even the winners will get a lot less xp.

rofl nice "fix"
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Why should you get good rewards for no risk? If you can face-roll the other team, why is that worthy of a good reward?

We are getting fewer rewards for pretty much making the other team ragequit. How is that fair?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Excuse are you stupid? We are getting fewer rewards for pretty much making the other team ragequit. How is that fair?

Because you shouldn't get good rewards for no effort. It's pretty basic MMO design.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    We are getting fewer rewards for pretty much making the other team ragequit. How is that fair?

Life ain't fair.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    More challenging matches get higher rewards. :)

This is something that is basic and should have been included from the start. If both teams are neck and neck and the game lasts 30 minutes the teams should be rewarded for their valiant efforts. Teams which simply steamroll other teams will, of course, be rewarded in something which is adequate for their time put into the match.

That's nothing new. It's something which really should have been there from the beginning. :)
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    Life ain't fair.

Is not premade fault that pugs dont use voice chat, also our premade doesnt even go to teamspeak unless we running dungeons, in pvp we all know what we're doing and there is no VOIP involved....

it all comes down to knowing what you're doing and who to focus, if you suck don't play pvp that's it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Because you shouldn't get good rewards for no effort. It's pretty basic MMO design.

PREMADES OP!!!! NERF NERF!!! MAKE EVERYONE PUG!

seriously...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Excuse are you stupid? We are getting fewer rewards for pretty much making the other team ragequit. How is that fair?

Complaining about getting free glory. Why should you get the same amount of glory another team fought hard for when all you had to do was dance on the nodes for 7 minutes?
    edited June 2013
    More challenging matches get higher rewards. :)

This is something that is basic and should have been included from the start. If both teams are neck and neck and the game lasts 30 minutes the teams should be rewarded for their valiant efforts. Teams which simply steamroll other teams will, of course, be rewarded in something which is adequate for their time put into the match.

That's nothing new. It's something which really should have been there from the beginning. :)

Even then he is still not getting less.

If he can steam roll 3+ matches in that 30 minutes the other team took to win he is still getting more.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

seriously...

What it comes down to is not everyone does Premades, so they are balancing around that. You shouldnt be rewarded the same as a group in which all 10 players are trying to compete.

If you can get the other team to rage quit good for you, but that means less reward and a shorter game. Queue up again and keep playing.
  • joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    Simply solution, dont go in pvp with your premade, next time ask the devs for a premade competition system instead of whining that you cant roflstomp randoms no more.

Its a good thing the devs decided to kill off your glory farm.
    edited June 2013

seriously...

You are going about your argument wrong my friend. You should be asking for more of a challenge, because youre so OP, by having the queue system match premade against premade.
    edited June 2013
    Simply solution, dont go in pvp with your premade, try solo for a change and if you had some guts you would have asked the devs for a premade competition system instead of whining.

Its a good thing the devs decided to kill off your glory farm.

I do go solo, all I get is same ****... cries from rogues and CWs "how you 2 shot me" "hacker", every single time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    I do go solo, all I get is same ****... cries from rogues and CWs "how you 2 shot me" "hacker", every single time.

Gaming the system much ?
    edited June 2013
    if you suck don't play pvp that's it.

Let's add it up.

1. This is a PvP game
    2. Don't play PvP if you suck
    3. Everyone else sucks at PvP

Conclusion: Everyone but the OP and his pre-made team should stop playing NW.

Somehow, I don't see Cryptic being on board with this philosophy.
    edited June 2013

I personally have watched your stream and you are not that good. So no it does not happen every single time. Some times you are pretty terrible and rely on your team heavily to carry you.
    edited June 2013

Conclusion: Everyone but the OP and his pre-made team should stop playing NW.

He will probably have alot of fun with the pvpbots, they dont ragequit !
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there you go, problem solved.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013

sup?

whats up is the far more likely scenario is the other team willfully quit and you certainly didnt earn any glory in that case.
    edited June 2013
    I personally have watched your stream and you are not that good. So no it does not happen every single time. Some times you are pretty terrible and rely on your team heavily to carry you.

I should start taking screenshots of all the people crying to me, make a collage and post it tomorrow ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    I should start taking screenshots of all the people crying to me, make a collage and post it tomorrow ;)

Youre the one crying here in case you forget that