Install Arc
Options

Tip: How to change to FOV.

124»

Comments

• Options
    alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I set a bind:/bind 0 gfxsetdefaultfov 65. That does the trick without changing any code. of course "0" and "65" can be what ever values you prefer.
  • Options
    benecorbenecor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This solution has allowed me to zoom with scroll wheel as in most other games:

Create a txt file called CommandAliases.txt. Paste this into the txt file.

alias fov20 "gfxsetdefaultfov 20 $$ bind wheelminus fov25"
    alias fov25 "gfxsetdefaultfov 25 $$ bind wheelplus fov20 $$ bind wheelminus fov30"
    alias fov30 "gfxsetdefaultfov 30 $$ bind wheelplus fov25 $$ bind wheelminus fov35"
    alias fov35 "gfxsetdefaultfov 35 $$ bind wheelplus fov30 $$ bind wheelminus fov40"
    alias fov40 "gfxsetdefaultfov 40 $$ bind wheelplus fov35 $$ bind wheelminus fov45"
    alias fov45 "gfxsetdefaultfov 45 $$ bind wheelplus fov40 $$ bind wheelminus fov50"
    alias fov50 "gfxsetdefaultfov 50 $$ bind wheelplus fov45 $$ bind wheelminus fov55"
    alias fov55 "gfxsetdefaultfov 55 $$ bind wheelplus fov50 $$ bind wheelminus fov60"
    alias fov60 "gfxsetdefaultfov 60 $$ bind wheelplus fov55 $$ bind wheelminus fov65"
    alias fov65 "gfxsetdefaultfov 65 $$ bind wheelplus fov60 $$ bind wheelminus fov70"
    alias fov70 "gfxsetdefaultfov 70 $$ bind wheelplus fov65 $$ bind wheelminus fov75"
    alias fov75 "gfxsetdefaultfov 75 $$ bind wheelplus fov70 $$ bind wheelminus fov80"
    alias fov80 "gfxsetdefaultfov 80 $$ bind wheelplus fov75 $$ bind wheelminus fov85"
    alias fov85 "gfxsetdefaultfov 85 $$ bind wheelplus fov80 $$ bind wheelminus fov90"
    alias fov90 "gfxsetdefaultfov 90 $$ bind wheelplus fov85 $$ bind wheelminus fov95"
    alias fov95 "gfxsetdefaultfov 95 $$ bind wheelplus fov90 $$ bind wheelminus fov100"
    alias fov100 "gfxsetdefaultfov 100 $$ bind wheelplus fov95"

Save the txt file. Place it in Cryptic Studios>Neverwinter>Live>Localdata

Then in game type:

/bind wheelminus fov55
    Spin your mouse wheel down to activate.

You now have zoom. Shouldn't need to do any of it again after initial setup.
  • Options
    yablorkinyablorkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    <3 benecor

works like a charm! thanks!
  • Options
    merkinmurlhermerkinmurlher Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://www.twitch.tv/ellohime/c/2299130

Watch this tips video. I believe he shows a command right in game how to change it.
  • Options
    arlacharlach Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    OP you're a legend. Thanks very muchly =)
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    solidxgold wrote: »
    That's much better with a wider field of view.

Although changing the value in the file didn't work for me, just kept giving me an error on starting the game.

So been using the command to do this while in-game /gfxSetDefaultFOV <number>

However it would be really nice to be able to zoom in and out using the mouse wheel, something we expect from an MMO these days without having to ask for it.

Thanks so much!
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can also type: /gfxsetdefaultfov (value 55 default). I'm using 75.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have something really specific that I'd like to do with the mouse wheel and /gfxsetdefaultfov, but I'm afraid that if I tinker around with this, I'll just break something.

Could someone please help and write something that I can paste into a text file bind? This is what I want.

Pressing the mouse wheel resets FOV to default 55.
    Scrolling down once sets the FOV to 45.
    Scrolling down a second time sets the FOV to 35.
    Scrolling up once sets the FOV to 65.
    Scrolling up a second time sets the FOV to 75.

This very simple setup is all I want. I've discovered that these are "just right" values for me in various situations/environments, and deviating outside of them basically gives me a headache and/or makes me want to hurl. Although this setup wouldn't accommodate close-up "glamour shots" and wide-pan views, I have decided to use specific key-press bindings for those shots as they're much rarer for me. What I'd like the mouse wheel to accommodate on-the-fly are the changes I seem to be making most often in the game.

If the mouse press reset isn't possible, then maybe write the bind so that a third scroll (in either direction) resets the camera to default.

If anyone can do this for me, thank you in advance!
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    my only concern is if cryptic decided to do a file check and consider anything changed as a violation of the TOS.

i dont consider it cheating and i see nothing wrong with it, but automated systems dont care.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    my only concern is if cryptic decided to do a file check and consider anything changed as a violation of the TOS.

i dont consider it cheating and i see nothing wrong with it, but automated systems dont care.

. . . . . Editing the game-generated keybind file(s), exporting and importing them is a standard practice and part of the way the keybind (shortcut) system works in Cryptic Games. This is totally acceptable and is something encouraged to be utilized, for that is how the system works.

. . . . . Type, /bind_save and in your game directory will be created a file for you to edit and then import by typing /bind_load - you can also specify the file name by doing /bind_save_file name.txt and /bind_load_file name.txt - edit the files with Notepad and save them as .txt files if using the latter _file command and if using the prior method save them in the same format they are made in.

. . . . . As well, just a few posts up, I pointed out how a Developer responded to this very thread about the legitimacy of editing the keybinds in such a way.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah its the same engine as STO - it has ingame commands for alot of stuff, no need to manually edit settings.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    good to know its all fine to use then.

i have always wanted to zoom out a little more than stock setting

thanks
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also you can do ingame /cmdlist for any other commands. Or
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Console_command
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    I use this, and it works flawlessly ....

Only downside is you can go first person when you press B now.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    eaglebigpeaglebigp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    I use this, and it works flawlessly ....

Works well but now how do you undo it?
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Inspect Mode uses CamZoomIn and CamZoomOut on the mouse wheel, which the aliases are overriding. To restore this functionality, try adding these lines to CommandAliases.txt:
    • alias enterinspect "camTogglePlayerInspect $$ bind b exitinspect $$ bind wheelplus CamZoomIn $$ bind wheelminus CamZoomOut"
    • alias exitinspect "camTogglePlayerInspect $$ bind b enterinspect $$ fov55"

And type these lines in chat:
    • /bind Middleclick "fov55 $$ bind b enterinspect"
    • /bind End "gfxsetdefaultfov 55 $$ bind wheelplus CamZoomIn $$ bind wheelminus CamZoomOut $$ bind b camTogglePlayerInspect"

Clicking the mouse wheel now will start the FoV scroll mode (and set the FoV to the default value of 55), and pressing the End key will reset things back to normal.

I kind of tested this.
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    When I read the title, all I could think of was Sheldon dressed up as Flash.

.......who?
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . This is a glorious thread, indeed! Have others devised or used the means to change the field of view or add scroll capabilities through the methods devised here? Please feel free to give and share your input or even your own experimentation results! Mayhap, the info here shall one day be compiled into a much nicer format. For now....

*the mage gently attaches a Ribbon of Preservation to these scrolls*

((the "zoom zoom zoom" thread has been merged into this one as a result of the mage's will for knowledge preservation))
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rsciw wrote: »
    Ah, good stuff being able to change FoV there.
    With STO I think 80 looked good on ground, in space was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Since latter isn't a problem here, will try 80 out here.
    Default FoV is not the best with nVidia surround :(
    There really should be an ingame option to adjust the FoV...

there is

try this in chat

/gfxsetdefaultfov 55 (/gfxsetdefaultfov 75)

If only there was a possibility for player to just use the mouse scroll wheel.

[post=5311301]Rules of Conduct[/post]
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This thread deserves a sticky.....