Install Arc
Options

Now Available - "Pre-Patching" Upcoming Neverwinter Content

Comments

• Options
    aelaenaelaen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aelaen wrote: »
    Same here. I lost conenction (computer went to sleep) and it started from the beginning. I'm 8+ hours into the download, I don't want to risk it even if it kills all of my time to play today.

I've already lost more time to this then to the Caturday exploit, and this is all on PWE/Cryptic unlike then. I hope the "We're sorry" pack is better than the last - give combat gear stats, or make it cosmetic gear.

Launcher got to 44.0% and went to "(Not Responding)". I exited and restarted, and it launched right to Play. It didn't finish so I'm going to get abused again sometime soon, but I'm not exiting the game until the weekend is over so I can get some playtime in.
  • Options
    frakblarghfrakblargh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok - here's a kludge solution, but it seems to work here..YMMV:

1) Set on demand patching to off and fast launch to on
    2) Hit CANCEL
    3) Close launcher
    4) Restart launcher - it will ignore what you did in Step 1, but at least it recaptures your patch state instead of making you repatch everything from the beginning
    5) The drip-drip-drip of the patch returns, but if you are as far in as I was (81%), it's better than repatching all over again

gg, Cryptic..:mad:

Followup: At around 83% the patch hit burst mode and is currently flying towards 98% complete - 99% done now..and is done now.
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the pre-patch, just allowed it to go through and it went smooth and quick. And i was able to log in and play aok afterwards. So no problems here, figured you could use a positive response / feedback.

Looking forward to the update, good stuff. Any ETA yet on when this huge patch will go live?

Thanks again.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This isn't related to the Public Test Shard?

No that is a separate patch. You have to sign up to be able to access the Preview Shard and, once you do, it will allow you to patch and enable the shard selection on the launcher.

This patch that people are complaining about is a separate thing.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mh0ram wrote: »
    This seems to have broken my game. I can't get in, first was stuck at the cryptic screen,

I was, I just left it there for a while, and it completed after a few minutes (?). Kinda shonky, but got there in the end.
  • Options
    razzamanazrazzamanaz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    douglasjz wrote: »
    Same here. And every time it begins from start.

Same problem here, plz fix ASAP :(
  • Options
    ultimusmagusultimusmagus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    grimelrok wrote: »
    Thank you for the pre-patch, just allowed it to go through and it went smooth and quick. And i was able to log in and play aok afterwards. So no problems here, figured you could use a positive response / feedback.

Looking forward to the update, good stuff. Any ETA yet on when this huge patch will go live?

Thanks again.

I was also able to pre-patch with no issues, so not everyone is having problems... and yes, more positive feedback should be given, although reporting any problems, as long as done in detail and without personal editorials is useful.
  • Options
    adronsonadronson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I went into my office and tested the download from there. It was the same slow speed. I know there is no connection problem at the office.
  • Options
    aelaenaelaen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aelaen wrote: »
    Launcher got to 44.0% and went to "(Not Responding)". I exited and restarted, and it launched right to Play. It didn't finish so I'm going to get abused again sometime soon, but I'm not exiting the game until the weekend is over so I can get some playtime in.

I am an idiot. Get in, play for a few minutes, reminded by the wife we're going out to eat. So I figure I'll elt it download in the background.

So I exited and relaunched. I knew I shouldn't have. But I did.

Yeap, started downloading again.

From the beginning. AGAIN.

*sigh*
  • Options
    adronsonadronson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...more positive feedback should be given, although reporting any problems, as long as done in detail and without personal editorials is useful.

I do believe, Sir Ultimusmagus, that your post is a species of personal editorial.
  • Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

The Neverwinter Launcher now has a feature that allows it to begin downloading data for the next version. This makes it so that when a new patch is released, you can already have a majority of the data and can begin playing more quickly.

This feature is automatically enabled, and will automatically open up a version of the Neverwinter Launcher when you close the game. The Launcher will then begin to download data files that will support the next Neverwinter patch. You can close this process at any time, and your download progress is saved.

Once the download completes, the Neverwinter Launcher will close automatically.

Thank you! We hope you guys are excited for the upcoming changes to Neverwinter!

Next time, DISCLOSE what you are going to do - BEFORE you do it!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, as some others have reported, the download speed rapidly increased at about 85% and I got in. Unfortunately, I was greeted with a BSOD. After a reboot, it began downloading again -- this time to 3Gig -- but finished rather quickly. Everything seems to be working now. Thanks to all who are spending their Saturday getting this moving.
  • Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adronson wrote: »
    Well, as some others have reported, the download speed rapidly increased at about 85% and I got in. Unfortunately, I was greeted with a BSOD. After a reboot, it began downloading again -- this time to 3Gig -- but finished rather quickly. Everything seems to be working now. Thanks to all who are spending their Saturday getting this moving.

Yes it is faster, I left mine going overnight, it mysteriously stopped (about 43% or so), program gone from taskmgr about 10-15mins after I woke up this morning, I restarted it - disabled on-demand patching & had fast launch checked, this time round it is going alot faster, as too how much I have downloaded and how much more I have too download, I did notice that the total was 1.4gb so it was lower, who knows when it will end, sure it gotta be done, but in this manner? at this time (on a weekend)? with no official confirmation? (I posted my first finding yesterday afternoon (AUEST time) - which I closed, cancelled, plaed the game for a bit, when I was done I left the thing overnight as it was super slow)....

1. It's not rocket science too notify customers of a plan.
    2. In any IT rollout's if anyone, anywhere, did this sort of stunt - heads would roll.
    3. Learn from this and ensure that it never happens again.
    4. Eat cake - ONCE you've earned it.
  • Options
    direcorwindirecorwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everyone seems to forget that the game is still in beta. Releasing a patch before the week-end, allows for the patch to be tested throughout the week-end.

I also had trouble downloading the patch last night. It was very slow and my machine must have crashed/shutdown, before it ended. When I played the game this morning and exited, the patch restarted from the beginning. This time it finished rather quickly. When I exit the game now, the launcher flashes by showing download complete.

I agree that we should have been notified before the patch was released. For those of us who are not familiar with Cryptic/PW games, this patch caused the game to act in an unexpected behavior.
  • Options
    jezgafysjezgafys Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the info. That does not sound like the intended functionality. We will keep an eye out for more reports of this and will triage accordingly.

Similar for me first time got to 77.5% complete then just quit second time got to about 17% complete then again the launcher just closes. Each time it starts patching and downloading from the beginning.
  • Options
    farias95farias95 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm experiencing the same problem as ''komarr13''. I have also re-installed it, but patching starts all over again every time.
  • Options
    redknee1redknee1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mine also seemed to restart from beginning.... it went fast up to the point i got on the patch download and then it slowed down, so to me it only appears to start over..... it counts to the point you got before closing the launcher and resumes from there.
  • Options
    dekteondekteon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was super slow for me yesterday/last night too and my crappy internet kept disconnecting as soon as i got anywhere so i started from the beginning about 3 times, but when i got up this morning and started again it took less than an hour.

I was impressed as I have never seen my internet move that fast, so either they have fixed the problem with speed or the traffic is greatly reduced right now.
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm new to MMOs and stuff rrr.

How do you know whether it's the same patch downloading or a new one? I downloaded one earlier today which probably took a good 2 hours if not more (slow internet x.x). Now it has started patching again, and this patch is rather big as well. It seems quicker than the other one, though (will probably take an hour, still).

I really enjoy this game, btw. Maybe a bit too much D:

Edit:

I had to restart my computer while patching. When I started NW again, I didn't have to patch again.
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    Im not sure many DC's are excited about the changes. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Add me to the list of "patching starts over". ive tried 5 times just to figure out what was downloading and each time i start at 0.00mb!!!
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow you guys changed quite a bit for the Clerics. Clense is basically pointless now. The Cleanse effect only removes 1 buff at a time, no longer removes recently died debuff, and has a 20 second cool down per cleanse. Wow. So freaking pointless. Hell I don't mind the removes 1 buff at a time, but the other two? Come on now. Now Astral Shield doesn't stack, well can we get this a little higher in defense then at least? Diving Armour doesn't stack either even though it's a daily. I haven't even gone through all the nerfs with Cleric, but I must ask, did you guys fix the issue with aggro? Because if not this is going to be a pain in the butt. I don't think people will mind the powers that no longer affect people through walls, but give people the opportunity to stack the daily.
  • Options
    kadirrakadirra Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a different issue. Mine stalled at about the 77% mark too, and I closed it. Then when I reopened I could get back in the game, closed out and the launcher was up....for about 85kb. Then it shut itself down. Now everytime I log out, it does the same thing. (And it had started from the beginning too.)

I do not know what to do about it at this point and I am running it in administrator mode. Weird.
  • Options
    combatclown81combatclown81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    looks like mine started over again too. Let it go for about 45 minutes few hours ago and then closed it out. It still says it has to patch 3016mb
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello,

I to was in this same rutt, I didn't even see that there was going to be an update, came in for a quick few things logged out and Wham!!!!! Patching????? Patching What ??????? Approx 4 GB And slow as Ice, sliding up-hill.

I shut anything off that I could in hopes to make it go faster...... and 5+ hours was just too much it was only towards the end of the time that the Patch increased it's speed. and it played absolute havoc with my computer, stopping...Hanging...freezing. The only upside for me was that...The many times I got fed up with the hanging, I rebooted my computer and it did begin again, but looking closely....there was less Patch MB each time. it's done Thanks be to God!!!!

However even now when I log out of the game to the launcher screen it seems like it wants to begin a new patch for a second or two but never does???? Everything seems normal I can log in and play, but That was some shiddy download time, hope I never have to go through that again, I was almost ready to uninstall and call it quits...

A little warning and/or info on what to have expected would have been great, I thought my Router/NIC card was faulty.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Everyone,

The Neverwinter Launcher now has a feature that allows it to begin downloading data for the next version. This makes it so that when a new patch is released, you can already have a majority of the data and can begin playing more quickly.

This feature is automatically enabled, and will automatically open up a version of the Neverwinter Launcher when you close the game. The Launcher will then begin to download data files that will support the next Neverwinter patch. You can close this process at any time, and your download progress is saved.

Once the download completes, the Neverwinter Launcher will close automatically.

Thank you! We hope you guys are excited for the upcoming changes to Neverwinter!

LOL, would be nice if you announced this before doing it. Lots of WTF'ing going on with the 3GB patch :P
  • Options
    darkfather69darkfather69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OK... Location Australia (East Coast), Got a 1.5+ Gb dload upon exiting the game so let it go... flew along nicely (really fast actually) then ended ubruptly. Entered and exited game again, dload, same size, started from zero got less than 1Mb dloded and program stops. Tried again, same thing, and then again, same. Whined on FB (waste of time I know), then came here. Read fix on 1st page of this topic, dload is now going again. 1.594 Gb currently flying along and at 46% complete. Will be watching closely to see what happens....

Cheers
  • Options
    jblizzyjblizzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I was hoping to log in and get my coins for praying but I guess that's not gonna happen today...

I tried turning off on demand patching and restarting and it started me all over again from 0.
  • Options
    darkfather69darkfather69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Update... 1.594 Gb patch finished... logged in, exited... now a 3 Gb patch/dload has started up...

Cheers

[EDIT UPDATE] Ok new problem - 3 Gb dload crashed. RE-login, exit, launcher restarts and crashes... doesn't even try to restart 3 Gb dload? sigh