test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now Available - "Pre-Patching" Upcoming Neverwinter Content

1235»

Comments

• hideflomeinhideflomein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nevermind - trashed the "prepatch" folder and restarted the launcher - pre-patch download started right up.

For those curious, the location is C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\prepatch
  • garblebeastgarblebeast Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nevermind - trashed the "prepatch" folder and restarted the launcher - pre-patch download started right up.

For those curious, the location is C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\prepatch
    Thank you, this worked for me
    AKA Nikobug :D
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, this worked for me

FWIW, the download completed just fine, but the next time I quit playing, it did the same thing it did before, starting a download and quitting at 17kb. It seems like the download is still intact.
  • karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So did this actually fix this speed/patching issue? Is there a bug in this pre-patch thing that actually makes patching 100x slower?
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
    edited June 2013
    I can't say whether it fixes the slow-ness bug in general - but it did download a LOT faster once I did that.
  • klapaucius01klapaucius01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, i still get the bug everytime i close the game it patches a 969mb new patch.
    anyone knows how to fix it?
  • essrealessreal Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I downloaded the game the other night, woke up saw it finished downloading and closed it cuz i wasnt gonna play it yet. Opened it later that day and it downloaded all over again, all 5.5gigs. I let it finish and played it that night just fine then went to sleep. Now i get on and open it and have to download it all again......just uninstalled it and disabled on demand patching, now its 7.7 gigs -_- I hear even on demand patching being disabled doesnt solve this problem for people? Anyone have a solution at all? Sigh this is just awful
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So is this safe to download or not? Kinda sounds like it's not a good idea to try from what I am reading. The client has so many issues that are keeping players from playing as it is, having something like this that's inconsistent or tested with too small of a test set is really compounding the issues.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. That does not sound like the intended functionality. We will keep an eye out for more reports of this and will triage accordingly.

You guys cant even get the patcher to work properly how do you expect us to even hope for the dev team to make even the slightest change without causing more issues. This so frustrating it makes me sad. And gives me no hope for the future of this game.

After reading more posts it sounds worse then i even thought after page 2. What a joke this is What a ****ing joke.

And to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> more people off you dont come back on or someone at least to say anything.

And you OP really think anything new added to this game will be anything better then the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this. We still are waiting for stuff to be fixed from openbeta and launch and that first event.