test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balance and Gameplay Update - post your feedback here!

Comments

• katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really hope the new loot system makes items character bound if you choose need, otherwise this is just replacing one problem with another.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    let me explain what that is always show map transfer shows a dialogue any time you go somewhere so you can choose what instance of that map you go to i found it very handy due to the fact you could choose an instance with less people and therefore less lag i would say they ditched it for 2 reasons firstly if a new player had it turned on by mistake they wouldnt know what was going on and would lodge a ticket to support and the second is that they probally dont want people picking other instances because they want it all stream lined

Lol. I never saw this option. Was it something you had to enable in the game settings? :cool:
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • noniussnoniuss Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    I hope i just missed the parts where they fix all the Powers and Feats that aren't even working for CW's amidst that swarm of nerfs. After playing around in PvP with my current build in test server (cause they didn't give us respec tokens there lol) i'm feeling forced to throw my CW into trashcan and roll a rogue or GWF. Oh well, i guess we will see a similar balancing dance back-and-forth as in League.
    As for the other changes - those are great and really necessary things and i'm already loving them. But the class balance is pretty meh, you should fix the bugs with them before starting to "balance" them.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Lol. I never saw this option. Was it something you had to enable in the game settings? :cool:

options -> interface-> hud I believe.

Works. You can slowly crawl to the delve chest if you need to, between transfer messages.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • lurchusalurchusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me, this single change, will have a MASSIVE improvement, when I'm running with PUG's.

The "Need" button is now disabled for items your class cannot use.

About FRICKING TIME!! I've lost count, the number of times, while playing my Guardian Fighter, I've lost a Need roll to a bloody, **** Trickster Rogue, for something that I CAN use, and they CAN'T!!

Lost out on a really nice suit of plate armour, and a few shields, due to Need greed.
    mad.gif
  • c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    Can we get a free respec on the Preview server, please?
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why doesn't Cryptic review in-game logs on a regular basis (every two weeks, etc) to determine which abilities/skills/powers/etc of level 60 characters are LEAST USED and buff or change them to make them more useful? That way when they feel they MUST nerf an ability that is "overpowered" players have other skills/abilities to fall back on without leaving the class crippled?

The way they are balancing the game now will just end up being whack-a-mole style where players are either chasing the latest over-powered ability or left with a crippled class that they give up on out of frustration... Why can't Cryptic be a little more proactive with their skill/ability reviews using game data that they already have at their finger tips?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Why doesn't Cryptic review in-game logs on a regular basis (every two weeks, etc) to determine which abilities/skills/powers/etc of level 60 characters are LEAST USED and buff or change them to make them more useful?

That would be an inefficient and largely pointless exercise that would likely increase server load. The data would be skewed by player perception and preferences such as aesthetics or knowledge of game mechanics. It wouldn't give you accurate data.

People might be using A ability even though B is better because A looks cooler or they wrongly think A is better or they don't know enough about the game to know that B is better. Or they just never tried B at all because A's tool tip looked better on paper. Or they wrongly heard that B was bugged so they just use A anyway. Or they have to use A in the meantime until they get B. Or they missed B and need to keep using A till they can get a respec token to get B.

Your margin of error would be terrible. Believe or not, not every player is a min/maxer with intimate knowledge of the game mechanics. Heck, this thread so far should be enough of an indication of that. >.>
  • mcstrangemcstrange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tried the test shard today and as a cleric yes the 2 x astral shield needed to be nerfed but why in gods name did you reduced the up time of it :( completely ruined clerics thanks for ruining what was a great game, the nerfs are way to much for all classes please reconsider them.
  • nemiizz121nemiizz121 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mcstrange wrote: »
    Tried the test shard today and as a cleric yes the 2 x astral shield needed to be nerfed but why in gods name did you reduced the up time of it :( completely ruined clerics thanks for ruining what was a great game, the nerfs are way to much for all classes please reconsider them.

Agreed, just tried the shard, the nerf to double AS was acceptable and needed, but reducing the length was alittle much, I wonder how healing in CN is gonna be now, anyways, DC LFG CN!
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    So, having thought a little more about the actual patch notes. I really don't mind them to much, IF the rest of the cleric abilities and traits worked properly.

For instance, miracle healers armor reads whenever you use an encounter you AoE heal for 5% of your max HP's. The only time I see this proc is from Healing word "in divine mode" and sunburst. I haven't tried with Bastion of health because the CD timer sucks so bad I wouldn't slot it over a more useable ability anyway.

Then there is a trait I forget the exact name that reads, whenever you heal an ally they negate 80% of combat advantage damage for 5 seconds "at max". This only actually produces the effect when you use healing word, and "sometimes" sunburst, and I actually haven't seen the buff "with sunburst" that's just hearsay. This is a major nerf being broken the way it is for group defense.

If they would fix these two bugs here AT THE SAME TIME as they made changes to "the duration", but keep the stacking change .......please, I hate running with another cleric its Fin ridiculous.

When you do adjust the duration and fix these bugs it will be fine, but keep in mind that you are making having two clerics in the same party viable to have the buff down 100% of the time, then you are giving more of a reason to have two clerics in the party than just an exploit like now.

Me personally, I will be honest I can deal with it and still be a beast, but your average player is going to want to bring 2 clerics more now than ever. Leave the duration alone so two clerics in a party is just totally gimpy, but please fix the stacking issue to make this happen.

The agro problem everyone claims was never really a problem if you didn't try to stand in the back of the fight and play WoW heal-bot, and instead played in-your-face melee range I have defense and HP's like the tank cleric. The issue anyway is the fact that when mobs spawn and they agro X guy in closest proximity instantly, then they are healed passively by the cleric and then the mobs are all b-line to the cleric. I don't think all mobs sharing the hate will fix this just add more due to the hate from the mob already on me shared with new ones inc. Sometimes I want to off tank a hard trash and toss AS to the group while I deal with him solo to allow breathing room to the party, I wonder how this will work out now, or deal with the army of soft adds while the heavy melee deal with the hard mobs.
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    First impression from the test server regarding GF changes:

Less guard damage from powerul attacks (aka red circles): Massive improvement. These used to destroy sluggish tanks, now they barely put a dent in guard meter. **** a short dash for the GF, actually no I do want a short dash, so I can jump into red circles and guard their damage if I'm able. These things are like AP pinatas. Huge difference here.

Less guard meter consumed overall: Didn't notice a huge difference but I'm sure it was there. Now to get shield talent fixed and it'll really start adding up.

More threat: I never had problems holding aggro as was before so no big difference for me. Personally I'd trade it in for a tab ability that generates aoe threat to pick up stray adds. I'm sure it'll make a big difference for GF who have trouble holding aggro now.

Overall: The monsters in the dungeon I tried (epic spellplague) seemed a lot tougher and dealt a good deal more damage according to the party. The rest had to pay more attention to dodging things while I as GF could soak all those powerful attacks right up, how the tables have turned. :)
    The party's two GWF dealt very respectable damage and were above the CW, and the cleric hardly drew aggro apart from stray adds nobody attacked yet.
  • usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    I tried the PreviewShard today on both my GWF and TR.
    The buff for GWF is OK, not so great (definitely not close to OP - so please don't assume GWF is OP now)
    Sure Strike dmg increase like 200 or something (mine was ~550, now ~750)
    Cooldown decrease on some skills like 1-2 sec.
    Unstoppable change is good, improve the survivability.
    It makes the life of GWF is a bit easier.
    Maybe this new GWF update is intended for Sentinel tree. As Destroyer tree, I don't see any reason to change my existing skill rotation to another.
    "Not so fast" dmg is like x1.5 increase but still not that good as a dps skill, more like a control skill.
    "Mighty Leap" ~~~ nahhh.
    "Take down" great update, no complain.
    "Roar" now can be used more often.
    "Wicked Strike", since I am on Destroyer tree, still prefer Weapon Master Strike.
    Feat changes are for Sentinel, not tested, but will try when they give free respec token

On other hands, there is not much change in TR, people said SE is useless now, but I completely disagree, after got your enemy health to 50% I can still cause 8k non crit & 16k crit, which means I can still kill an opponent with 1 rotation. Encounter/At-will powers are still good (still got my 1k3 dmg on SkyFlorish ~phew~) No complain on TR changes.

Hope there will be more interesting updates in the future.
    I personal still think it's a bad idea to make another test server while it already indicated that we are in Open beta test. The PreviewShard currently doesn't have that many players, really difficult to do PvP or Dungeon test.
  • cirhtencirhten Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You tested the TR? Then you saw that when you applied duelist fury to 10 stacks and kept applying it that it fell off anyways and you still had 10 stacks with no bleed? Real useful patch... they will either make or break the game with this patch and it looks like they are going to break it. There are way too many bugs still remaining in the game to worry about balancing classes; by all means buff GWFs and figure out another way to deal with the pvp damage that will increase because of it. GWF is probably the hardest class to play because of the fact that you have to sprint cancel every ability; but their damage will be #1 after this patch and no reason to play a TR because of it.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Avalanche of Steel no longer removes DoTs and CC effects applied before leaping offscreen.
    That's bug fixing, not a balance thing.

Battle Fury: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    Who cares? The GWF At-Wills are so weak that he has to use all his damage-dealing encounters. Slotting a cosmetic encounter is not an option. Unless a fourth slot has been added. But the patch text does not say so.

Come and Get It: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    Same.

Crescendo: The estimated damage of this power is now more accurate.
    Errr?? Irrelevant at best. Bug fixing, not balance.

Daring Shout: This power no longer sometimes grants more defense than expected.
    A nerf? GWF is getting nerfed?

Mighty Leap: The jump distance of this power has increased.
    Same remark as for the above alleged improvements. Who cares about cosmetic encounters?

Mighty Leap: While jumping, the player is now considered dodging for hit detection.
    Same same same. You could all popping fireworks while in the air. Cosmetic encounter.

Not So Fast: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    And here you go again.

Not So Fast: The damage dealt by this power has been increased, particularly so when it hits a single target.
    By 300% ? Enough to match the DOTs of the other classes, which hit for 2k-5k per tick? We guess not. One percent, maybe. Just to say Hey GWFs stop whining, see how many improvements you got.

Restoring Strike: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    So what? Do you think this one is of any use? It heals less than one tick of any DOT by any other class.

Roar: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    Same same same same. Which GWF uses Roar when his AT-wills are so weak that he cannot slot any encounter that is not dealing damage.

Savage Advance: Players can no longer rarely knock enemies back without spending Action Points.
    And yet another buf fixing. Or is it a nerf? Anyway nothing to do in what is announced as a patch for balance.

Spinning Strike: While this power is active, the user is now immune to Control powers.
    The opponents are too busy laughing at us when we use this skill anyway.Harmless skill, or maybe we can lag the opponents with it.

Spinning Strike: While this power is active, attacks are now guaranteed to be deflected.
    See above

Steadfast Determination: Ranks 2 and 3 now properly improve this power.
    Bug fixing, wrong place

Sure Strike: The damage from this power has been increased.
    By how much? 300% more damage would just bring the 2H sword with... one dagger. 500% more damage would put the GWF slightly ahead some other classes, but hey, no HP, no Def, no evasion, no range, no CC, no heal. You will sprinkle one percent her, two percent there? Is that what you call increasing the damage? This called spitting at GWFs face.

Takedown: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    Same. All is in the "By how much". We're getting controlled by TR/CW who are so far that we cannot even see them. Will the range of colldown be raised accordingly?

Takedown: The range of this power has been increased.

Unstoppable: This power now grants temporary health based on how much Determination the player had when activating it.
    Unfortunately Unstoppable too often won't work. We demolish the Tab key and nothing happens.

Unstoppable: This power no longer removes certain Movement buffs.
    Bug fixing.

Wicked Strike: The damage from this power has been increased.
    See above. Anything lower than 300% is nil.

Feat: Deep Gash: The damage from this feat is now considered a DoT.
    Wow. Consideration at last.

Feat: Defiance: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
    Bug fixing.

Feat: Focused Destroyer: This feat no longer allows the player to build stacks when no target is hit.
    Nerf.

Feat: Grudge Style: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
    Bug fixing.

Feat: Grudge Style: The extra threat generation from this power no longer requires a critical hit to activate.
    Who is ever taking GWFs in his dungeon parties?

Feat: Intimidation: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
    Feat: Intimidation: The damage bonus from Power has been increased.

To sum up, many lines are just bug fixing, many are lacking the figures that would allow some feedback, and the remaining lines are nerfing a dead horse. This is supposed to bring the GWF on par with the other classes?
    Not impressed.
    English is not my first language.
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oh they are fixing my GWF. Time to get back to the game I guess. Also no <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> double AS and tanks buffed. For the first time since the day 1:well done cryptic
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Avalanche of Steel no longer removes DoTs and CC effects applied before leaping offscreen.
    That's bug fixing, not a balance thing.

Battle Fury: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    Who cares? The GWF At-Wills are so weak that he has to use all his damage-dealing encounters. Slotting a cosmetic encounter is not an option. Unless a fourth slot has been added. But the patch text does not say so.

Come and Get It: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    Same.

Crescendo: The estimated damage of this power is now more accurate.
    Errr?? Irrelevant at best. Bug fixing, not balance.

Daring Shout: This power no longer sometimes grants more defense than expected.
    A nerf? GWF is getting nerfed?

Mighty Leap: The jump distance of this power has increased.
    Same remark as for the above alleged improvements. Who cares about cosmetic encounters?

Mighty Leap: While jumping, the player is now considered dodging for hit detection.
    Same same same. You could all popping fireworks while in the air. Cosmetic encounter.

Not So Fast: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    And here you go again.

Not So Fast: The damage dealt by this power has been increased, particularly so when it hits a single target.
    By 300% ? Enough to match the DOTs of the other classes, which hit for 2k-5k per tick? We guess not. One percent, maybe. Just to say Hey GWFs stop whining, see how many improvements you got.

Restoring Strike: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    So what? Do you think this one is of any use? It heals less than one tick of any DOT by any other class.

Roar: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    Same same same same. Which GWF uses Roar when his AT-wills are so weak that he cannot slot any encounter that is not dealing damage.

Savage Advance: Players can no longer rarely knock enemies back without spending Action Points.
    And yet another buf fixing. Or is it a nerf? Anyway nothing to do in what is announced as a patch for balance.

Spinning Strike: While this power is active, the user is now immune to Control powers.
    The opponents are too busy laughing at us when we use this skill anyway.Harmless skill, or maybe we can lag the opponents with it.

Spinning Strike: While this power is active, attacks are now guaranteed to be deflected.
    See above

Steadfast Determination: Ranks 2 and 3 now properly improve this power.
    Bug fixing, wrong place

Sure Strike: The damage from this power has been increased.
    By how much? 300% more damage would just bring the 2H sword with... one dagger. 500% more damage would put the GWF slightly ahead some other classes, but hey, no HP, no Def, no evasion, no range, no CC, no heal. You will sprinkle one percent her, two percent there? Is that what you call increasing the damage? This called spitting at GWFs face.

Takedown: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    Same. All is in the "By how much". We're getting controlled by TR/CW who are so far that we cannot even see them. Will the range of colldown be raised accordingly?

Takedown: The range of this power has been increased.

Unstoppable: This power now grants temporary health based on how much Determination the player had when activating it.
    Unfortunately Unstoppable too often won't work. We demolish the Tab key and nothing happens.

Unstoppable: This power no longer removes certain Movement buffs.
    Bug fixing.

Wicked Strike: The damage from this power has been increased.
    See above. Anything lower than 300% is nil.

Feat: Deep Gash: The damage from this feat is now considered a DoT.
    Wow. Consideration at last.

Feat: Defiance: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
    Bug fixing.

Feat: Focused Destroyer: This feat no longer allows the player to build stacks when no target is hit.
    Nerf.

Feat: Grudge Style: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
    Bug fixing.

Feat: Grudge Style: The extra threat generation from this power no longer requires a critical hit to activate.
    Who is ever taking GWFs in his dungeon parties?

Feat: Intimidation: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
    Feat: Intimidation: The damage bonus from Power has been increased.

To sum up, many lines are just bug fixing, many are lacking the figures that would allow some feedback, and the remaining lines are nerfing a dead horse. This is supposed to bring the GWF on par with the other classes?
    Not impressed.

Given the fact that I never loose a dps race (even against end game geared TR) these are insane buffs that fix the single target damage for GWF. Anyone who has a clue about the class (you obviously don't) can see that so I really don't get your pointless doom and gloom post. All the fixes are legit for all classes and make the game more balanced..Only the fact that double cleric is not viable anymore makes GWF and GF useful by default. TRs are great but they can't tank with one shield. They will need tank support either from GF or from GWF.Open your eyes :)
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So they nerfed Astral Shield so it has a shorter duration? Why? I gotta have it up in most Epics, or i'm screwed. Maybe with the decreased threat i can survive a bit more though....
  • xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You tested the TR? Then you saw that when you applied duelist fury to 10 stacks and kept applying it that it fell off anyways and you still had 10 stacks with no bleed?

Also noticed it.
    Duelist Flurry bleed is completely broken on the Preview Shard, 10 stacks just sit there and don't deal ANY damage.
    Also, 10 stack limit for multiple rogues is utter BS. How about you make the monster immune to any spell/skill damage from other players after he's hit by one? Makes just as much sense as forbidding two DoTs from rogues.
    So they nerfed Astral Shield so it has a shorter duration? Why? I gotta have it up in most Epics, or i'm screwed. Maybe with the decreased threat i can survive a bit more though....

You know what that means, right?
    You now have to bring TWO clerics to keep ONE Astral Shield up with a decent uptime - which is kinda crucial for most T2 fights, save maybe FH. Way to fix cleric stacking, Cryptic!
    edited June 2013
    cirhten wrote: »
    You tested the TR? Then you saw that when you applied duelist fury to 10 stacks and kept applying it that it fell off anyways and you still had 10 stacks with no bleed? Real useful patch... they will either make or break the game with this patch and it looks like they are going to break it. There are way too many bugs still remaining in the game to worry about balancing classes; by all means buff GWFs and figure out another way to deal with the pvp damage that will increase because of it. GWF is probably the hardest class to play because of the fact that you have to sprint cancel every ability; but their damage will be #1 after this patch and no reason to play a TR because of it.

I didn't test Duelist Fury on a Dummy target, wasn't aware of this issue. Just tested it again, yep, after the third time of 10 stacks, it seems to stop having bleed effect. The icon stay on the target like forever until I hit it again. This bug could be caused by the fact that they tried to remove the stack effect by multiple TR on a single target.

About the GWF, I don't think they will be that out dps, the dps buff is not that great.
  • uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you're sick of TR nerfs, then reroll a cleric.
    Oh wait...

Clerics were rare already, now they are extinct.
    Cleric's best abilities all got nerfed. Astral Shield, Cleanse, Divine Armor, Etheral boon...

And still rogues are complaigning ? WTF ? You don't need to complain about your Execution becoming useless in pve because you won't ever run a ****ing dungeon again since the cleric rest in peace. Whine about that instead of some poor damage reduction on a totally OP power such as was Shocking Execution. And I have a 60 TR myself so I know what I am talking about. Even after SE nerf and Duelist Fury bleeding bugs, the rogue is still an insane DPS. Whereas the cleric sucks more than it has ever sucked.

And people want to run dungeons with 2 clerics to compensate the 66% AS ? OMG but understand that you should feel happy if you manage to find a single cleric to run a dungeon with you.

I expected much from this patch, especially with the new threat system. I expected the fix of AS stacking, and I wanted it. BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT ASTRAL SHIELD TO GET NERFED TO THE GROUND. It was the ONLY reliable ability that the cleric could use to maintain his party alive in T2. If the AS is nerfed, then the cleric needs his other powers to get buffed, else he will not be worth playing. What other efficient heal does he have hmm ?

Healing word ? Pathetic, no cooldown reduction from Recovery, poor cooldown, poor healing power unless Divinity mode, hard to target.
    Sunburst ? It's only an AP generator, it heals for something like 1000-1700...
    Bastion of health ? LOL... 18sec CD.... Seriously ? Even if the power gave full HP to the whole party, it wouldn't be reliable because of its horrible CD.
    Soothing light ? C'mon... it's only a waste of Divinity and you can't kite anything if you use it. Plus it's hard to target.
    Forgemaster flame ? Good healing but very situational, poor radius, and very low uptime.

Cleric is not supposed to be an active main healer ? Then what is it supposed to be ? A DPS ? Please allow me to laugh. The cleric has the worst DPS among all classes. WHY ? Because he is a healer ? Oh wait.......... ....???????

Clerics need more love, or this game is doomed. No cleric = no dungeon.
    And this patch only gives a bunch of nerfs to clerics, so where is the love ?

Don't talk me about the threat fix, because it sux. You might get a few less adds during trash mobs, but you still get half of the boss adds chasing your butt, GF or no GF. GWF or no GWF. Actually the only class that really help a cleric is Control Wizard, and guess what ? THEY GOT NERFED TOO!!!! omg???

Now let's discuss about the PVP... This is the final shot. LOL???
    So guess what, now not only your only reliable power got nerfed, not only do you heal yourself for -40%, but now you won't get any assist for healing other people ??? BUT WHAT'S THE ****ING POINT OF BEING A CLERIC ? To be One Shotted all day long ?

Cleric can't support effectively in PVP and can't dps either... Don't tell me DPS Cleric is viable for PVP, cause it's not. Cleric's most powerful power is a 1sec delayed skillshot. What else does he have ?
    Chains of light ? They don't even crit..
    Prophecy of doom ?? Rofl you'll be dead before the damage bursts your enemy.
    Divine glow ?? LoL might aswell use Lance of Faith since LoF is not a skillshot unlike this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> DPS aoe skill.

DPS Cleric sux compared to other classes, that's a fact. And now support cleric isn't viable either due to AS insane nerf. And I'm not talking about the duration or the stacking, BUT about the fact it becomes a HoT and then will heal the cleric himself for -40% (with still no crit). Fair, isn't it?

Now who wanna roll a cleric ? Tell me ?
    Any <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out there in the place ?

TY cryptic, lucky I rolled a 60 rogue before this patch comes out.
    But it doesn't matter much though, since the end-game will be dead with such a terrible patch.
    If only their Threat fix was good, but it's not...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    talesmith wrote: »
    First impression from the test server regarding GF changes:

Less guard damage from powerul attacks (aka red circles): Massive improvement. These used to destroy sluggish tanks, now they barely put a dent in guard meter. **** a short dash for the GF, actually no I do want a short dash, so I can jump into red circles and guard their damage if I'm able. These things are like AP pinatas. Huge difference here.

Less guard meter consumed overall: Didn't notice a huge difference but I'm sure it was there. Now to get shield talent fixed and it'll really start adding up.

More threat: I never had problems holding aggro as was before so no big difference for me. Personally I'd trade it in for a tab ability that generates aoe threat to pick up stray adds. I'm sure it'll make a big difference for GF who have trouble holding aggro now.

Overall: The monsters in the dungeon I tried (epic spellplague) seemed a lot tougher and dealt a good deal more damage according to the party. The rest had to pay more attention to dodging things while I as GF could soak all those powerful attacks right up, how the tables have turned. :)
    The party's two GWF dealt very respectable damage and were above the CW, and the cleric hardly drew aggro apart from stray adds nobody attacked yet.

Thats very similar to what i saw as well. In most instances the cleric was all but untouched casting and healing without a care in the world. Threat is obviously much easier to hold now. Will probably change some things on respec to make my toon a bit more durable as health went pretty quick when being attacked by both boss and 10 adds, even with AS. Still was very pleased with testing and am comfortable with the GF at this point. also in my group the GWF did top damage... so kudos for the melee units.
    edited June 2013
    Please don't mad because you think your class got nerfed or unfair or etc...
    The reason they made this thread is for YOU to give suggestions/feedback/improvement, not QQ, nerd rage or whining or "Cryptic, you fail... bla bla..."
    Honestly, you just lower yourself and your words. Be calm & contribute valuable feedback than whining - it won't get you anywhere.
  • uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you want me to make some videos to show you how a 18sec Bastion of health is useless ? Or does it speak for itself ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's official, zero clerics playing this game after patch.
    Astral Shield, Cleanse, Divine Armor, Etheral boon all got nerfed? ROFL.
    To all those who don't know what these four do I'll start from left to right.

- Heals/Buffs 20% Dmg Resist
    - Takes off enemy debuffs / death debuff
    - Only daily that heals, and the heal was already trash.
    - Gives more divinity, already very hard to gain it.

Enjoy no shield and when the shield is up its probably going to be yellow because of the lack of divinity, which means it will not heal you at all. Either that or, the shield will be healing and no other skills will be as much.
  • thorsonwongthorsonwong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know what I'd like in some major update or XPac? More character customization options, ie different eye types, brow types, hair styles, nose types, etc, etc. I've seen so many characters look exactly like mine, armor and all. ._.
    Time is like new-fallen snow, it is precious.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You know what I'd like in some major update or XPac? More character customization options, ie different eye types, brow types, hair styles, nose types, etc, etc. I've seen so many characters look exactly like mine, armor and all. ._.

I can promise you a near unique look for ~ 3.5 mil AD +/-.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • weedsmoker3669weedsmoker3669 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey i cant wait for launch! 1 question.... do i get to keep my current characters that are in open beta? or do i have to create new characters? please say i can continue with them.....
  • mcstrangemcstrange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @ uri92 dont get me wrong i totally agree with what your saying but deffo a to much aggression :eek: i really hope they reconsider the cleric nerfs before its launched or it could end the game totally, it already took 5 times longer at least to kill any mob compared to any other class and now we won't be able to survive or kill much more than little spiders, i have alot of fun with the cleric and found it alot more stimulating to play than other classes and built it to aid group play as thats what there all about or supposed to have been :( please please don't kill the clerics i beg of you NW i and many other have supported the game and was planning to support more but as it stands with the patch there's no chance of spending a dime anymore :( please rethink things before launch.
  • twisted0utlawtwisted0utlaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great update!

But I still need my ranger!