test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Balance and Gameplay Update - post your feedback here!

Comments

• Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have two complaints in such regard as this topic indicates:

1. racial bonuses are very uneven... look at the tiefling that essentially gets 5% more damage and 5% more defense all of which would cost a ton of points in higher level placement to obtain anything similar, while the elf gets 1% critical that amounts to 0.7% damage and little else, the half elf and half orc are likely much worse than this. Racial bonuses seem very uneven given that end play is going to be in EvE PvP play. I also don't understand why some races can't see invisibility and have infravision.

2. there is over twice as many offense slots than defense slots on equipment making level 60 play very damage over defense lopsided... everyone gets a lot more damage at level 60, slightly more defense but not much more and if you want to try and balance this out you can't cause there is a lack of defense slots upon equipment even when you try to search for defense slots in particular

3. although not related to balance of play, everyone looks the same dull silver/gray and if you walk through town you will see a third of the people there are the companion cleric which makes the game appear very generic and like everyone are clones. We should be able to customize our companions and the game would be a lot more colorful and fun if equipment dyes and equipment customization options were set at cheap gold or astral diamond prices to the point where most may actually use them... at this point I'd be very happy if there were a game option to not see other people's companions (way too generic / clone like for me)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    Astral Shield got nerfed bad, please consider keeping the uptime on astral shield like it was before these patch notes, if not, not many players will be happy with their class simply because the devoted cleric will be dead and so will everyone else in a party trying to run a castle never or a spider run. Especially if you're taking 1 of each class, which you can't do because of this patch. I suggest the Devs consider keeping the uptime on astral how it is now.

There are many threads concerning this and really, cleric will be extinct after this, it's true. Around 30 clerics I know said they are getting ready to re roll to a GWF or a TR after this patch and it's sad to see. Also when someone picks cleric, they pick it because they enjoy healing and buffing rather than a dps character or a wizard, its just their style of game play. When you take the ability away from them, because nerfing the only skill that makes clerics the class they are, is simply stupid. They wouldn't really mind if there wasn't a -40% debuff on them and pretty much zero other group heals that are actually worth using, and the other heals they have are simply weak and single target.

Not to mention that its going to be an HoT (Heal over Time) that won't crit for better heals, tested in the test server. I really hope they keep the uptime the way it should be, can't dungeon without the shield it is the ONLY thing they have atm.

I find it more than upsetting as a cleric that everything instantly aggros upon me for simply being a cleric even when I do nothing at all, don't attack, don't heal, and they still mob go after me even while others are trying to pull agro. The agro healing reduction is a complete joke when the major agro you draw as a cleric is simply for being a cleric and not at all for healing.
  • Options
    ravenouzxravenouzx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    everyone ride the seesaw!!

weeee

ur better

1month later

now im better

1month later

ur better!!!

1month later

im better!

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> both of us are bad now. a new class came out and they r better!

lets go ride the flavortrain and be op for a couple weeks

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pvp in this game is a joke, well it is a DUnGeoNs AnD DRaGoNs game, what the hell did i expect?
  • Options
    wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    DC gameplay becomes even more boring. I dont know if Devs relize that u 2 daily Slots are taken by sunburst to build divinity and AS. there is no switching that up from situation to situation. Currently we can play around with one wooping slot changing the 3 power from time to time. With the AS nerf. Forgemasters Flame becomes mandatory, since its the only other resonable heal besides AS and u have to keep up the melee somehow while AS is on CD. Basiton of health with its cd is not even to be mentioned. You force clerics in to this 3 powers. The last bit of diversity is taken from us.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I made a suggestion in the Preview Feedback section before I realized this sticky was here.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?333742-Suggestions-for-Astral-Shield&p=4272352&viewfull=1#post4272352

The change in Astral Shield duration to 10 seconds has been discussed much already, but most of the feedback has focussed on PvE.

My concern is what effect the Astral Shield change will have on PvP balance.
    Clerics were middle of the road if not in the lower half of PvP as it stands now especially with the scoring system rewarding DPS (kills) and mobility (tower capture) more than buffs and heals.

Without the ability to keep Astral Shield up consistently, the cleric is pretty much toast in PvP, especially since there was no appreciable increase in damage mitigation, healing or DPS to offset the shorter Astral Shield duration. The change in healing threat generation obviously has no effect in PvP.

My recommendation:
    Change the cooldown from the current 17.6 seconds to 12.6 seconds to match the decrease in in Astral shield duration. Even with my proposed decrease in cooldown, Astral Shield will be weaker than in it's current form on the live servers since clerics will have to burn more divinity to keep up a consistent shield.

Another option could be to change the astral shield from a static circle on the ground to a Sunburst heal type mechanic where all allies within a set radius around the cleric when the spell is cast receives the shield for a 10 second duration. This change would allow people to move around with the astral shield without being fixed to a spot since the buff would become a personal buff and not tied to a location on the ground. The advantage of increased moblility could offset the downside of the uptime gap. But since I'm not sure of all the consequences of the trade off, I don't recommend this change but am throwing it out there for consideration.

as a cleric, keeping astral shield up at its current duration is challenge enough as it drains clerics of their divine power to the extent that they use it for little else... with it as it is its still hard and sometimes impossible to finish dungeons and in PvP play I find that I am constantly being pushed out of its radius and am team targeted when using it while I'm left alone a lot when not... I don't see a single reason why this power should at all be changed
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    Astral Shield got nerfed bad, please consider keeping the uptime on astral shield like it was before these patch notes, if not, not many players will be happy with their class simply because the devoted cleric will be dead and so will everyone else in a party trying to run a castle never or a spider run. Especially if you're taking 1 of each class, which you can't do because of this patch. I suggest the Devs consider keeping the uptime on astral how it is now.

There are many threads concerning this and really, cleric will be extinct after this, it's true. Around 30 clerics I know said they are getting ready to re roll to a GWF or a TR after this patch and it's sad to see. Also when someone picks cleric, they pick it because they enjoy healing and buffing rather than a dps character or a wizard, its just their style of game play. When you take the ability away from them, because nerfing the only skill that makes clerics the class they are, is simply stupid. They wouldn't really mind if there wasn't a -40% debuff on them and pretty much zero other group heals that are actually worth using, and the other heals they have are simply weak and single target.

Not to mention that its going to be an HoT (Heal over Time) that won't crit for better heals, tested in the test server. I really hope they keep the uptime the way it should be, can't dungeon without the shield it is the ONLY thing they have atm.

as a cleric, and I have two of them, I can attest that getting astral shield is the main reason for playing them (its why you choose them and why you level them cause you know at end game you are going to be needed and are going to get into parties that don't disband and you have a chance to withstand pvp fights by giving your team a good buff)... I fret PVE PVP, but figure if I am in astral shield some might think twice about mobbing me (in team PvP its quite clear that people mob the easier to kill players first)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wingsfor wrote: »
    DC gameplay becomes even more boring. I dont know if Devs relize that u 2 daily Slots are taken by sunburst to build divinity and AS. there is no switching that up from situation to situation. Currently we can play around with one wooping slot changing the 3 power from time to time. With the AS nerf. Forgemasters Flame becomes mandatory, since its the only other resonable heal besides AS and u have to keep up the melee somehow while AS is on CD. Basiton of health with its cd is not even to be mentioned. You force clerics in to this 3 powers. The last bit of diversity is taken from us.

is forgemaster's flame any good, I've never used it cause I relied upon astral shield
  • Options
    maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Just tried the test server and ran a dungeon. I couldn't keep the tank up much less myself with a 10k GS. Good luck guys, this is a game breaker for me, as the healer class was my favorite and only reason I've been monitoring since hitting 60, and Healing Touch doing HoT of a lesser pot over 10 ticks, or throwing a Forgemaster just won't do it for those 5 seconds for the AS cooldown. Better stock up on your Zen for Healing Stones.
  • Options
    ravenouzxravenouzx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whats next?

Resilience?

an extra 50% damage reduction to players in pvp to shut them up?

150,000 health players in 6 months?

Yawn.....

Dead.
  • Options
    maldaeronmaldaeron Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On the matter of Game Balance: Can something be done to ensure that end-bosses are challenging, without becoming IMPOSSIBLE to beat? Example: The Grey Wolf Den Dungeon is supposed to be a lvl 39 Dungeon (according to my Char Journal). I have tried - unsuccessfully - to defeat the end-boss (Ethraniev Marrowslake) with 5 Parties. It's not just that the Party is wiped out each time, it's the ease and speed with which it's wiped out. This particular end-boss is hopelessly overpowered for a group of lvl 39/40 chars - high Hit Points, massive damage and endlessly spawning help combine to make it unbeatable. Is this intentional, or an error? I can accept one or two defeats due to bad teamwork, inexperience with the boss etc: However, when it ends in 5 consecutive defeats, it points to the fact that a mismatch is taking place. It has a negative impact on my enjoyment of the game - and possibly has the same effect on other players too.
  • Options
    maukadwellermaukadweller Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    as a cleric, keeping astral shield up at its current duration is challenge enough as it drains clerics of their divine power to the extent that they use it for little else... with it as it is its still hard and sometimes impossible to finish dungeons and in PvP play I find that I am constantly being pushed out of its radius and am team targeted when using it while I'm left alone a lot when not... I don't see a single reason why this power should at all be changed

I hope they don't change it either. But they've already gone through the trouble of publishing the change which means that they already think that AS in its current form is not WAI. So regardless of whether or not you see a reason, the change is coming unless we can convince them of an alternative. My proposal at least allows the possibility of 100% or near 100% up time which is the biggest issue of the upcoming change.
  • Options
    godsmack7979godsmack7979 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anybody else just get kicked n cant get past the CRYPTIC loading screen?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I hope they don't change it either. But they've already gone through the trouble of publishing the change which means that they already think that AS in its current form is not WAI. So regardless of whether or not you see a reason, the change is coming unless we can convince them of an alternative. My proposal at least allows the possibility of 100% or near 100% up time which is the biggest issue of the upcoming change.

my first character I played I got up to level 60 mage... it was hard to get into a group that would play cause we needed at least one cleric to have a chance at finishing it out, so I made a cleric....... getting rid of the clerics in this game is a very bad idea, and without astral shield working as it does (perhaps not stacking like it does) just isn't the viable way to go.... as to your suggested changes, only a few players make clerics the way you do, your changes wouldn't be that useful for me as I'd quit first, astral shield really needs to be kept as is or else I think there is going to be an even worse change in the very rare to find at current cleric
  • Options
    alaazxxcalaazxxc Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    anybody else just get kicked n cant get past the CRYPTIC loading screen?

yes i am having the exact same problem
  • Options
    alaazxxcalaazxxc Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    most of the changes are very very good , the only thing that is really bad is the huge CW Ray of Enfeeblement nerf which i don't understand its not like this encounter was overpowered or anything besides most CW use it in pvp and pve because there is nothing better to replace it with

Edit: one more thing why astral sheild stack is removed ? are you kidding me , you need that for CN and this is making healers less effective in groups because now you would not want more than one. i think that's a really bad change please keep it as it is now
    Edit : please input that in dungeons party leader CANNOT kick any player after killing the first boss because have seen this happening in CN party leader kicks all group and gets the very nice loot from last boss for him self
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just tried the test server and ran a dungeon. I couldn't keep the tank up much less myself with a 10k GS. Good luck guys, this is a game breaker for me, as the healer class was my favorite and only reason I've been monitoring since hitting 60, and Healing Touch doing HoT of a lesser pot over 10 ticks, or throwing a Forgemaster just won't do it for those 5 seconds for the AS cooldown. Better stock up on your Zen for Healing Stones.

This is a complete assumption, but the reason you could not keep the tank up was because the tank was a GF speced for DPS. This meant he could hold threat in the old build and with AS stacking would not take damage. With the changes now the tanks can hold threat and need to take damage reducing abilities. I was able to tank as a GWF without dying, even after the cleric went down. I stayed up long enough for the dead rogue, cleric, and DPS GF to run back. Just me and a wizard up for about 5 minutes without them. Tanking is actually possible now, if people build for tanking.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Devs will not ever be able to please everyone, its simply impossible. The only way i can think of or imagine is to allow a free build environment, with cross classing options, massive spell lists, use magic device, ect. ect. Class balancing is nothing more then a point of view. Every player is bias to some extent, directly relating class balance to there main character. The only way to achieve class balance imho is to allow players to build there characters top to bottom with no restrictions or limitations on class possibilities. For as long as there is not a huge general feat list to choose from, and unending skill options "balance" will be dictated by the player majority and the limitations of the game mechanics and design. If players are allowed to build there characters as they see fit. As in 2nd ed to 3.5 then class balancing is now up to the player. Nothing else will ever work imho.
  • Options
    maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    This is a complete assumption, but the reason you could not keep the tank up was because the tank was a GF speced for DPS. This meant he could hold threat in the old build and with AS stacking would not take damage. With the changes now the tanks can hold threat and need to take damage reducing abilities. I was able to tank as a GWF without dying, even after the cleric went down. I stayed up long enough for the dead rogue, cleric, and DPS GF to run back. Just me and a wizard up for about 5 minutes without them. Tanking is actually possible now, if people build for tanking.

You're probably half correct about the spec, but it misses the point. I run with a group that has played together since the start, so we're not unfamiliar with coordination, and our tank is very good at what he does. That doesn't happen with PoG's, or makeshift groups. If you have to have a perfect spec on the GWF, or GF, in order to ensure party survival, then you've just isolated about half the server pop, as the healer can't work the traditional role of "healing", forcing them into a "non-role" better filled with DPS, or crowd control. Just go out and buy heal stones, life scrolls, and collect your potions, (its what Cryptic wants with this patch for everyone to spend more Zen) as you might have a hard time finding anyone who wants to play the role of a non-healer, luke-warm DPS, not quite a tank class, carrying around a Madonna relic from the 80's as a weapon. Feel secure in the fact that the pots and stones can do a much better job than my class was ever given the opportunity to.
  • Options
    pugpug1953pugpug1953 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BuB Bye Control wizard Hello Ranger or what ever class they put in the coming soon spot . To bad I already spent time and money(AD) on the CW. Oh well time to start over. Happy about the Need thing though . I had a robe stolen form me from a tank because he had a CW too. I gave him a whisper because I thought it was an error on his part but ummm nope LOL . So TY for that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    Devs will not ever be able to please everyone, its simply impossible. The only way i can think of or imagine is to allow a free build environment, with cross classing options, massive spell lists, use magic device, ect. ect. Class balancing is nothing more then a point of view. Every player is bias to some extent, directly relating class balance to there main character. The only way to achieve class balance imho is to allow players to build there characters top to bottom with no restrictions or limitations on class possibilities. For as long as there is not a huge general feat list to choose from, and unending skill options "balance" will be dictated by the player majority and the limitations of the game mechanics and design. If players are allowed to build there characters as they see fit. As in 2nd ed to 3.5 then class balancing is now up to the player. Nothing else will ever work imho.

I only partially agree with you. I like the mass customization you mention, but what upsets players is when games nerf and take things away from players to balance it, and not when they add stuff to strengthen the weaker classes or make them so they can defend against what they needed to be nerfed to balance things out (of course the exception to this is when games make characters immune or near immune to specific classes, such as in the diablo games when I played an ice wizard and the game added rings that made everyone immune to cold attacks so I quit). Why nerf anything when you could simply add stuff to characters and races or make strengthening changes to mobs and the like that would balance things. Taking stuff away from players is very wrong, and never has to be done to balance anything out. If things need balanced out then you add stuff to those that need it evened.
  • Options
    niszczycielxxniszczycielxx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone can tell me why there is no changes on my character after new patch?
  • Options
    flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    Anyone can tell me why there is no changes on my character after new patch?

The changes are only implemented on the preview server for now.
  • Options
    settes31settes31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the changes is nothing about fixing the problem with Tempest Magic and Tiefling race. Great - nerf yes, fix bugs no.
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013

Have you tried Tera? Same healing style, (fps style combat) but with a healer that isnt broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    naomlnaoml Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Disarming traps for TR should give you some reward - like action points.
    Right now it's meaningless and no one do it...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    efaicia wrote: »
    Have you tried Tera? Same healing style, (fps style combat) but with a healer that isnt broken.

Actually, yeah, we were looking at it... my wife didn't fancy running around in lingerie, which seems to be all the rage now but she might overlook that if the classes aren't broken.
  • Options
    kultyzkultyz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    i think i have a good feedback on the Need rolling changes
    kultyz wrote: »
    I've read the big patch notes and i don't think the Need/Greed system intended will solve anything, or at least it will solve one issue and create another.

Currently with the changes people can't need on items they cannot use and that is a good thing imo, however it will create another problem. People who Need on thigs to sell on Auctions still can do the same "ninja looting" but this time only for their class items however, usually without competition so it's sort of free AD for them.

Now if you make items won with Need option become bound to account or character (altho i think BoA is good enough) this will still give people who really NEED an item, to press Need win it and use it, but if they want to sell that item on Auctions, they really need to press Greed and it makes sense... Greed = not needing but wanting the money that item is worth.

Really hope you can change this Cryptic as i think it's more fair for everyone and unables alot of ninja looting.

i posted this on this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?335622-Make-items-won-by-Need-roles-become-Bound-to-account-character

i'm getting positive agreement with it from replies.

Hope you can improve this to a really good feature and Bound items is already implemented so it should be an easy fix i think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Neverwinter books
  • Options
    xenobiasxenobias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Love the 'quality of life' fixes such as the auto fill for profession work. I also like the need button disable for items not in your class.
    The 60% decrease in base damage for execution seems a bit steep hopefully the strength mechanic changes help there. I haven't been able to run my TR thru any epic Dungeons the first 2 days -never seem to get a cleric on the test server. Not much of a pvp player and that nerf seems to be aimed at pvp. Maybe a pvp player can tell if it is bad or not. The main server has been hogging my time now.

Still need a 'quality of life' fix for zone chat. Maybe a filter to remove wtt and wtb posts. A delay of 5 secs between posts. Address blocks not just 24hr chat block for those gold selling fools. Make zone chat a level 15 requirement.

"Quality of life fix' for currencies. Need a game mechanic to sell stuff for gold. Make glory non trade, unsellable. Make keys non-trade, AH sell only.

Need a conversion ->zen/AD to gold.
  • Options
    athelgaraledingathelgaraleding Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am greatly enjoying the game. First and foremost, Thank you for a decent F2P game.
    Secondly, all those that are complaining about nerfs and loss of power on any class you are playing, did you not understand when you were signing up and 'reading' the Terms of Use (LOL) that there would be changes to classes, skills, powers etc? It's a BATA release of the game. There are always going to be changes to classes before a Live release and after to balance gameplay and make it more fun for those playing other classes.
    I don't understand the reasoning for those complaining about CW nerfing either, its not like you are getting extra loot, XP, gold, magic pixie dust for doing more dmg than a TR/GW/GWF. Its all just a big arguement over nothing, its bragging right that "I did more damage than you." *clap clap clap* Grats!
    It's a D&D game people, its supposed to be about story line immersion and episodic adventures, not trying to gank that Healer from across the map like some t-bagging Halo player. If you want to just murder other players, buy Call of Duty or some other shooter.

As far as actual patch feedback:
    1. Disabled Need vote for items your class cant use - excellent
    2. Less talkative NPCs - better than excellent, (I know I can exchange my AD's for Wonderous Items! STFU already! Lol)
    3. Char change from 'Esc' menu - excellent, I dont want to have to relog if I have to change chars.

Possible ideas for future patches:
    1. Seperate versions of PvP and PvE skills so the PvPers and PvEers can stop complaining that the one is causing the other to get nerfed
    2. Someone had mentioned adding another Postal Worker, I think that could be handy, along with a get all button from your mail.
    3. A tweak to the Delve queueing system so when you are trying to get into a queue for the hour long starts, you dont waste 45 min standing in town afraid to start anything else for fear of dropping from the queue.

Thanks again Cryptic and Perfect World! Great game so far!
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really have enjoyed playing this game thus far. I am being patient with bugs etc during the final polishing of the game. I did decide to spend money on both a founders pack as well as a few purchases in the Zen store. I did that all based on my CW who has generally been a fun solo character. I surely don't feel in the upper forties to mid fifties I am in now that he is OP for PVE. I dont understand the following changes for PVE at all:

Conduit of Ice: The primary effect of this power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
    Entangling Force: This power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: This power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: The benefits from ranking up this power have been decreased.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: The debuff applied by this power is now less powerful.

I am squishy and wear cloth. I need to be able to burn things down fast and / or control and evade. I certainly dont see that these changes were counterbalanced with increased control. Why change these to DoT? Secondly simply saying changed to DoT means very little. Over what period of time? How much was the debuff reduced? What was it originally? If these are now DoTs over long periods of time they will be essentially worthless. I don't PVP a lot so maybe these make sense for PVP but they make no sense to me whatsoever for PVE play.

I certainly hope this doesn't go through OR another viable caster path is added for DPS or I am definately going to regret the money spent.