test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balance and Gameplay Update - post your feedback here!

Comments

• lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am shocked to see Plaguefire and Tenebrous enchants not listed ANY WHERE in this... Are they a bug, overpowered or working as intended?

/gasp
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    I am shocked to see Plaguefire and Tenebrous enchants not listed ANY WHERE in this... Are they a bug, overpowered or working as intended?

/gasp

Anything that makes people buy lockbox keys is working as intended :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Anything that makes people buy lockbox keys is working as intended :D

I'm really starting to think that it is intended as well since Cryptic is doing everything they can to avoid discussing the issue...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • shakamoonshakamoon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmm, first i am a cleric, and well, i read over the Cleric fix and most i see are good changes, but i still haven't seen anything about cleric aggro being reduced, pointing out that:
    1 during boss fight, spawn waves of minions goes right to cleric cause we got the most aggro, so it doesn't change the fact that we will be killed if not running around like a chicken without our head, only thing we could do is try to stay alive.
    2: our self heal (healer word) is completely weak (someone mentioned 60%) i think it's much less, and why can't we cast it while running?? its just a Regen type. i see mobs that outrun us and hit us for 1/3 of our life, imagine 3-6 of those mob going for us? no chance of survival. (Healer word make us stop for 2 sec) enough to get a beating, we have to rely on pots to keep ourselves alive...
    3: now that astral doesn't stack, Cleric IMO are much weaker in survival: with it stacking, we have 50% chance of survival, and heal the group properly.

my 2 cents on cleric.
    edited June 2013
    Chat

Attempting to drag a chat tab into the power tray no longer breaks tooltips.
    Linked items now properly handle multi-byte UTF-8 characters, which addresses the item links having some incorrectly colored characters.
    Right-clicking on a player name in chat now consistently opens up the same context menu as when interacting with the player in the world.
    The Autocomplete menu now matches the appearance of other dropdown menus.

I was really hoping they would add a Trade chat channel...

/sigh
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
    edited June 2013
    shakamoon wrote: »
    hmm, first i am a cleric, and well, i read over the Cleric fix and most i see are good changes, but i still haven't seen anything about cleric aggro being reduced, pointing out that:
    1 during boss fight, spawn waves of minions goes right to cleric cause we got the most aggro, so it doesn't change the fact that we will be killed if not running around like a chicken without our head, only thing we could do is try to stay alive.
    2: our self heal (healer word) is completely weak (someone mentioned 60%) i think it's much less, and why can't we cast it while running?? its just a Regen type. i see mobs that outrun us and hit us for 1/3 of our life, imagine 3-6 of those mob going for us? no chance of survival. (Healer word make us stop for 2 sec) enough to get a beating, we have to rely on pots to keep ourselves alive...
    3: now that astral doesn't stack, Cleric IMO are much weaker in survival: with it stacking, we have 50% chance of survival, and heal the group properly.

my 2 cents on cleric.

Theoretically Guardian Fighters (AKA the Tank) is supposed to be helping you survive and with the latest changes to GFs we will have to see if it works out in reality. Having the ability to "Self Heal" while having all of the mobs attacking you (otherwise known as "tanking") means that the dedicated "Tank class" GF has no function in a group.

This is their attempt to fix this issue...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • myo86myo86 Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    please pleassssssssssssssssssse give us a reset token that can reset the dice roll from character creation
  • wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    all I can say is combing skill stat and power for both PvE and PvP is a no go, please just separate the Skill stat on PvP from PvE. the Encounter, Daily, At-will or even Feat effect differ stat, cooldown, power from one an another. perhaps, some can be usable in PvE but not in PvP. the reason I suggest this because before the name of Neverwinter, there is still the franchise Dungeons and Dragons from Wizard of the coast which means main purpose of the game should be role playing in a Dungeons fighting Dragons. some people like PvP feature of this game, I'm fine on that, but that's doesn't means it can destroying the main purpose of the game, which is PvE. nerf whatever you want, or even removing the healing ability of cleric, but do that on PvP only, without effecting the PvE.

I could not agree more. Further i see is as a big flow in the dev's approach to balancing. To sum up their balance approach on the patch:

1. GWF - they just reduced some coolodwns on powers mostly, but did not change anything about how bossfights or even mobfights in many dungeons work. Pushing off or constant cc will still be more valid!

2.CW- really just nerfed to "buff" the gwf. lazy!

3. GF- no change in mechanics of the fights itself, so still useless- now they can do something better nobody cares about anyway.

4.rogues - just what the dude said

5. DC- dc is my main. i have to see how the changes work out. i run single dc groups anyway, so 2 AS stack remove does not concearn me, though from what i seen in a couple of 2DC pugs, many ppl might relise, they got to learn to play this game from the start. Not getting "so much aggro" anymore might be nice, but more of a comfort feature than a real gamechanger imho.. My question: if i want have the aggro,who will? - couse imho GF still useless.

Developers should adress mechanic changes in bossfights, their overall design. Just juggeling with some numbers want make GF or GWF usefull.
  • cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    wingsfor wrote: »
    I could not agree more. Further i see is as a big flow in the dev's approach to balancing. To sum up their balance approach on the patch:

1. GWF - they just reduced some coolodwns on powers mostly, but did not change anything about how bossfights or even mobfights in many dungeons work. Pushing off or constant cc will still be more valid!

2.CW- really just nerfed to "buff" the gwf. lazy!

3. GF- no change in mechanics of the fights itself, so still useless- now they can do something better nobody cares about anyway.

4.rogues - just what the dude said

5. DC- dc is my main. i have to see how the changes work out. i run single dc groups anyway, so 2 AS stack remove does not concearn me, though from what i seen in a couple of 2DC pugs, many ppl might relise, they got to learn to play this game from the start. Not getting "so much aggro" anymore might be nice, but more of a comfort feature than a real gamechanger imho.. My question: if i want have the aggro,who will? - couse imho GF still useless.

Developers should adress mechanic changes in bossfights, their overall design. Just juggeling with some numbers want make GF or GWF usefull.

Maybe you guys should actually play on the test shard and see how great the changes are for PVE. I ran 4 T2 dungeons yesterday with a traditional team (1 of each class) and we completed all of them easily!
  • noskillzbronoskillzbro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is there anybody who can tell me why i may be getting a "fatal error" box after patching and clicking play? i get to the screen with "CRYPTIC" then it gives me an error

SADFACE
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zierk wrote: »
    It's still the same only the Tank has aggro instead, just ran a bunch of dungeons on the test shard.

----
    Btw, why are you releasing a test server for a game that is still in beta... aren't we all testers right now? So setup a test server to have the beta testers test the patch so it can be released on the 'live' beta test servers so we can test it again?

You can't re-train on the test server so what is the point of testing anything?

Agreed. Ran some T2s in test server and GFs can now keep aggro, developed a wonderful synergy between my tank and the groups priest. It was.... soooooo much better. The threat synergy between GF and DC is outstanding.
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The critical updates (like disabling need on non-class items and performance/crash improvements/fixes) should be patched immediately instead of wait until the big content update.

It is asinine that such critical fixes are being delayed by weeks. The only thing that gets fixed in these 'hotfixes' are game-blocking progress things or exploits.

Time is critical; it's already been long enough, please don't wait another 2 weeks.
    edited June 2013
    You are absolutely right. All i want to be able to do is play an important role in a dungeon. But as it stands the only thing the GWF is good at is AOE Damage. At that is only obtained by stacking Armor Pen. If they were to up the overall damage of the GWF, or hell even just the AOE Damage, then running two CW's would not be as viable as an option. My concern is even with these nerfs to the CW, I just dont think it is going to be enough to make taking a GWF along for the dungeon a better option. Like I said in the post, I think both the CW and Rogue classes were fine and served there role in dungeons fine.

In testing mode i thought the GWF in our group did exceptionally well. Theres a newly established "battery" for dungeons between the cleric and guardian fighter. Tank keeps threat(most of the time now)cleric heals group. And the other three members are completely free to just go to work. The GWF in said group was doing all kinds of AOE and direct dmg. He did more dmg then the rogue at end of dungeon was top dmg dealer. I really like the new battery. It frees up every class to be more impactful in every way.
  • zinszins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks for all the hard work guys:) and the best thing for me to see was. esc function now has a change character button..Woot .."I think I love you":) yes I am a bit of an altoholic!
    edited June 2013
    shakamoon wrote: »

my 2 cents on cleric.

GFs....................GFs take the threat now. In my T2 testing our cleric was all but untouched. GFs and clerics now form a solid battery for which the whole group can thrive off of.
  • flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IMO You are tweaking a class that needs an overhaul. This will not improve GWFs endgame life that much. At least the GF got a better deal.

My biggest regret about this game is not spending all the RL cash or anything, it's going with the GWF to begin with. Here is one less GWF for you, I just rolled a CW today and at lvl20 I can already see why it's pointless to bring a GWF along for anything. This 'balance' patch won't change that one bit.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Please do not nerf devoted cleric' astral shield cooldown and healing, only the stacking effect. Lots of people are angry and there are threads regarding this and how gameplay will be broken because of this change.

Devs please regard and try to fix.

Edit: Is this enough to say Astral Shield uptime should stay as it is and not be nerfed? :/

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?330491-Astral-Shield-has-been-completely-destroyed

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?331132-Dear-Perfect-World-and-Community-If-you-think-Cleric-will-be-walkin-Solo-not-in-Pair

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?332012-PW-Cryptic-Devs-Please-Read-Serious-DC-Issue
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    Maybe you guys should actually play on the test shard and see how great the changes are for PVE. I ran 4 T2 dungeons yesterday with a traditional team (1 of each class) and we completed all of them easily!

okay, try some quest that could be done solo using that DC, I'm 58 DC, full reduced-damage style .... use to get 5 to 6 lv 56/57 enemies with little problem of handling the healing, but here on test server, even 3 is already get nasty especially on the delay between AS. I can accept lower the healing power or reduce uptime, but both at same time is like saying "keep on the group, no more solo playing". I know, some of you might say, "change your style of playing to more DPS" sorry but I think it will become the only style of playing cleric after update - and thats means bye2 support type, lets just all go DPS - where the "role" part exactly?
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited June 2013
    • The "Need" button is now disabled for items your class cannot use.

YES! No more competing with everyone else for my GWF gear!
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    Gauntlgrym isn't going to be explorable for 60's? solo and group wise like the other map areas? Very bad choice if it is just another press "K" and que selection.

I guess expecting a new huge area to explore finally for level 60's was too much and the choice to make a que made sense how?

This. I have no interest in PvP'ing in any form on this game. Please keep PvE and PvP separate, as they should be.

As for the patch, classes that needed buffing finally got it. If it's enough remains to be seen. Ultimately, they need to be just as useful as the other classes or it's not enough.

Except for the double stacking of AS, NOTHING needed nerfing, not even close, at least not for PvE. If some things were nerfed to balance PvP, then ffs have them ONLY affect PvP!

Overall, I am not stoked about these changes. At best, they are meh.
  • iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GWF changes is not good its useless!! i tried the preview and im very disappointed. this will not help us to bring in dungeon party.
  • lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    i like the update.. was sorta hoping to see a nerf on the back to back to back black holes so there would be more diversity in CN parties. but overall, a good first step! don't overnerf, rather go babysteps towards a balanced game. i like that approach. also, me being a GWF, am a little disappointed at the movement impairing effects nerf on the shift ability... but i would have to see the hp boost in action to really judge it.. overall a little buff on weaponmaster strike would have been nice... but, good first step! :) - the healer aggro is really important, shocking execution sounds awesome and the double shield is sweet!
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a quick reminder, DEVS:

Please raise the target cap of the melee classes from 5 to something much higher.

Other Fighter class players:

Help me out here, please. Make some noise in this thread about this. Thank You! :)
  • lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Aww no way to change Deity <sadface>
  • letchymonkletchymonk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    when i first saw this game i was like meh maybe but im glad i got it its a wonderful game and you guys work hard to make it great so thanks for a quality f2p gaming experience :cool:
    edited June 2013
    Companions

Companions now deal much greater damage to enemies with significantly higher level than their Rank, but a close level to their owner.
    Companion training time is no longer consistently offset, which tended to result in negative "time until training completes" values.
    Respawning in PvP no longer reminds players that their Companions cannot be summoned.
    Runestones: Eldritch Runestones now properly stack if you have multiple of the same rank slotted into your Companion's Defense Slots.
    Wayward Wizard: Now has new VO upon summoning him.

I do not see any notes concerning Companions and Recovery itemization having NO EFFECT on companions ability cooldowns...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • droodz92droodz92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    droodz92 wrote: »
    Thanks for quoting me and applying my anger in straight and intelligent words.

We do have a perfect balance between crowd control (steal time + shield) you're nerfing stack of steal time, ok so we'll do less shield and less control (so why are you trying to say that you nerfed us to make us a more "controlling" class) then, you UP spells that will never be used in PvE. I'm not crying for the % of damage i'm gonna lose, I'm crying for the buffs and debuffs I'm providing to my party and especially the TR. You've put CoI as a DoT when it should be an AoE spell. Chill Strike "TAB" shouldn't you place it as an AoE spell to? I don't get your ideas they seems all wrong.

For QQ'ing people, If we're first DPS it's because when we PUSH adds of ledge they don't die, THEY FELL, and when they do the damage from the falling is INCORORATED to our DPS, that's why at the last boss of CN Control Wizard gains 20Millions DPS at the end, if those damage were not incorporated no one will see CW has such a GREAT DPS class when were just good at AoE + Control. Ray was the only one to be useful during BOSS situation for debuff + great damage on SINGLE TARGET.

You want to nerf the CW in PVP but it's a double-edged sword, you guys just nerfed the PVE 2 times the equivalent.

Has a lot of people were saying: THOSE UP ARE PERFECT, I want a GF and a GWF with me, the shield for cleric nerfed is completely understandable, but Nerfing CW is stupid, I'll stay on this note.
    Being a 12K CW who has run Castle Never every day 4 to 6 times a day, I'm telling you that all your nerfs for CW will have too much impact in the PVE. You nerf "Ray of enfeeblement" BY FEATS, BY BASE DAMAGE AND BY %DMG BY RANK, It's our ONLY DESCENT "MONO TARGET" SPELL, You've made shadow weaver worthless, CW will practically be useless except to push mobs from ledge. Buffing sudden storm? Cool we'll have to be a melee hero, seriously you dev should play CW instead of playing other classes. thanks for making all end game content CW reroll to ranger, your changes look like you overreacted to crying kid. we were the more BALANCED CLASS. Great job for changing tooltips and bugged feats, still you went way too far on that Nerf for CW. +1 for buff on GF and GWF though

Dev's if you pass by this forum and this our answers seriously, check this out.
  • samvenicesamvenice Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Players may no longer be kicked from PvP maps unless they are disconnected.

IMO, this has to go.
    Reasons:
    1) Kicking bots/afkers was the only (player managed) defense possible.
    Take this away from us, the bots/afkers will adjust and exploit pvp even further - and make it miserable for us.
    2) Sometimes, people are stuck in their instance and can't join: asking party leader to kick them is the only respectful course of action, making it possible for someone else to join and for the "bugged" one to re-queue.

Proposed solution:
    Remove party leader "powers" in PVP but introduce a "Vote for Kick" function, when every player can vote for kicking someone out, entering a a combo of keys that changes (SHIFT+something ) (to prevent bots to deny kick-ability, but without resorting to captcha-like complexity)
    Majority of party voting yes, kick happens.
    Not voting = counts as a no (aka ignoring the "vote window" )

Players no longer get points for Assists if they do not deal damage to the target player.
    Proposed solution:
    If you buff/heal ally who gets the assist/kill within <decide how many> seconds before the killshot, you get the assist. Should be technically easy to implement as well.

/discuss
  • doombangusdoombangus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would you like to be kicked from a group for no reason? We wondered if it would ask for vote or not and boom, just kicked and didn't even say anything in chat. Looks like they just leave party. People could do some major trolling as party leader. I wouldn't like to be on the other end of it, especially at the end of PVP or a dungeon.
  • samvenicesamvenice Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    doombangus wrote: »
    Would you like to be kicked from a group for no reason? We wondered if it would ask for vote or not and boom, just kicked and didn't even say anything in chat. Looks like they just leave party. People could do some major trolling as party leader. I wouldn't like to be on the other end of it, especially at the end of PVP or a dungeon.
    It seems like you have read maybe the first 2 lines of my post, and ignored the constructive feedback part.