test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balance and Gameplay Update - post your feedback here!

Comments

• cyberdoxcyberdox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nwshade wrote: »
    Most of the update and class balancing is gr8, looking forward to test that asap, keep up the good work :)

But my main concern is with the power tray, there should be an interchangeable power tray implementation and here is my suggestion for that.

The Keys F1,F2,F3 and F4 have 2 sets of power trays linked to them which can be interchanged using the tilder '~' key. So there are 6 encounter powers available to a player in F1 set which can be switched by ~ key. Now this also poses a threat of too much power spam since there is no "Mana" bar here. so here is my solution to that. when the power trays is switched using '~' key all power go in a 5sec shared CD. While when the set is changed using F1,F2,F3 and F4, the powers go in a 10sec shared CD, the 10sec CD overwrite the 5 sec CD if '~' is pressed immediately after F1,F2,F3 and F4. The class power 'Tab' and the AT-Will powers 'Left-Click/Right-Click' cannot be switched using this method.

So here is what ppl will get............................................................................................................

There are 4 sets of power trays that can be switched using F1,F2,F3 and F4. Switching between power tray sets put all powers in power tray in 10sec shared CD.

There are 2 power trays for each set (F1,F2,F3 and F4) that can be switched using '~' key. Switching between power tray put all powers in power tray in 5sec shared CD.

The 10sec CD of switching power tray sets (F1,F2,F3 and F4) overwrite(replace) or ignore the 5 sec CD of switching the power tray (~).

This will provide for the use of encounter powers more efficiently and players will actually think more on putting points in the powers rather than just dumping the points till they get the requirement for desired power tree. Also this will improve the over all role and gameplay experience of D&D Neverwinter for every class.

I hope my suggestion will be considered and Neverwinter will be getting good to better as the time pass by, this game shows potential.

I like this idea, however I find the ~ part a bit unneeded as a main point of this game's combat is that you only get 3 Encounters, and quickly being able to switch to between 6 will defeat it. however having the F1, F2 ect, bit would be handy as long as it stays as a quick way to sort your skills like 'F1 is for pvp, F2 is for pve, F3 is for boss', and not as a way to switch to a diff set mid fight for 'F1 is for AOE' 'F2 is for controlling adds' 'F3 is for boss'.
    and also include At wills, and tab, as only class that can change tab (that i know of) is CW and thats to a diff encounter, and include the AT wills, because as a TR, the main things I switch is my two melee At-wills.
  • cyberdoxcyberdox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3 Points:
    1. quick question, does the re-spec token reset skills AND feats, or just skills?
    2. can you please add a PVP section to the achievements journal, and possibly titles.
    I say this as I got an Achievement for killing 100 players in pvp, but nothing to prove it.
    Idea for the PvP section concerning this:
    "Players no longer get points for Assists if they do not deal damage to the target player.
    We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update"

Basic Idea:
    Enemy (E) and Party member (K, killer) enter battle.
    K lands last hit on E and gets the kill.
    Anyone that has damaged E since full health gets assists.
    Anyone who directly buffs/heals K since K’s first hit to E gets assist.

Not 100% sure on how this game works, but if it’s similar to what I think it is, this could work, if not, at least here are some ideas)

How it could work: Token based idea (or whatever the programming word equivalent is)
    Each person in the battle gets given a number (I’ll use letters so it’s easier to follow), for this example I will use 4 people.
    E. the Enemy player
    K. the Person that gets the kill
    D. the Person that damages the Enemy player
    C. the Cleric

E and K enter battle. (K can be switched for D)
    E gets a DK token (Token that states that he/she has damaged K).
    K gets a DE token.
    D attacks E (if D was used above then this will be K)
    D gets a DE token.
    If E attacks D then E gets DD token
    C heals K
    C gets HKE token (states that C healed K while K had a DE token, C will also get HK* for any other D* tokens K currently has)
    C heals D
    C gets HDE token.
    D is now back on full health.
    All DD tokens are removed.
    K kills E
    K is given the kill
    Anyone with a HKE token gets an assist and DE is removed (as they healed the person that got the kill, and DE is removed so that they don’t get two assists)
    Anyone with a DE token gets an assist.

(Hope you understand it ><’ ).
  • sullyerna9423sullyerna9423 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    umm the game designers arent to blame for the way people say sh*t, abbreviations are the result of players. get over it n learn the lingo maybe? if ya cant then ya just didnt spend enough time playin for it to matter and you spent too much because ya didnt think about it first.
  • some1inatreesome1inatree Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Town Cryer has cheered up. He is now the Town Crier.

This made me laugh. Thank you.
  • herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    damatsu wrote: »
    there wouldnt be a DPS competition between GWF/Rouge if Gearscore and end of Dungeon Parser wasnt present. The game designers made this tension happen by using a gearscore and parser system they are solely to blame for this.

I've played my GWF as an offtank who gets to DPS adds.

I'm almost inclined to agree with you. DPS parses and gear scores shouldn't be necessary. In a game that's going to revolve around repeatable content like this one will, players will be able to set their own level of challenge, based on speed of clearing it once they've tweaked the combat a bit and make it play more as expected.

The game should be casual friendly and not seriously hard: highly diverse groups of players should be able to clear all the content. It shouldn't be hard enough to need this stuff, in other words. But I suppose it's something people will demand anyways, so may as well put it in the client.

On the other hand, this evening I played a rather epic Bridge skirmish. I queued up, we wiped several times, a wizard quit. The four of us left kept trying. Eventually were able to pull the two add bosses back to the first gate and kill them one at a time. I did what I could to round up adds, and beat on the bosses when there were none. I used about eleven injury kits and more than thirty potions. We were eventually able to beat down the last giant. I think my treasure chest was a scroll of identification and a white rogue item. Heh.

Less than perfect teams should still be able to get it done. This is important to me, because it represents a play style I have always enjoyed. It's one of the main things that kept me playing City of Heroes for eight years.
  • xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    damatsu wrote: »
    there wouldnt be a DPS competition between GWF/Rouge if Gearscore and end of Dungeon Parser wasnt present. The game designers made this tension happen by using a gearscore and parser system they are solely to blame for this.

Also true. When you put the e-peen meter right there, you encourage everyone to unzip their pants and compare notes.
  • nichivonichivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    All I am going to say is if you take a glass cannon, remove the cannon, and replace it with a peashooter. What exactly does that leave the rogue?
    edited June 2013
    nichivo wrote: »
    All I am going to say is if you take a glass cannon, remove the cannon, and replace it with a peashooter. What exactly does that leave the rogue?

Except its not a glass cannon. Hell, half the time my Rogue is the boss tank. -.-
  • hashyjoehashyjoe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they posted Gateway changes in patch notes, are they just going to hold off on those until they patch the live server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bananamannbananamann Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Proper balance changes? Viable GWF as an in your face damage dealer? No more need-hogs, queue leavers, AFK PvP'ers and tons tons more...you guys are listening. So many QoL changes in this patch. Thank you. I will continue to play a lot more. I'm very excited to see the future of this game, even moreso than I was before.
    Only other stuff I can think of at this point; new PvP maps/modes? That would be awesome.
    Umm...nevermind, guess that's all I got. You guys covered a ton. I'd like to see people complain now :P
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a note that the achievements page in the journal still seems to be missing a category (or two). Hopefully they are aware of that and it will be fixed eventually. I realize it's low priority but it's still broken regardless.
  • prometheusenprometheusen Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, lot of changes. Some of this sounds like it's sorely needed. There are few changes on the horizon that I wonder how they'll feel in application--but on paper it looks good!
  • volkaervolkaer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've deleted about 4 posts now trying to think of what to say. Basically, rather than typing an essay, I would have to say that I am disappointed in the direction this game is taking. Especially with the recent "balance" changes. CWs get nerfed very hard in half a dozen damage abilities, the TRs get a slight buff along with lots of fixes to broken abilities (ironic, since CWs and TRs were about the same on the dps scale of things, even though TRs were doing it with broken abilities not stacking properly or doing damage as they claimed), the GWF gets buffed in pretty much every single ability and aspect (don't get me wrong, they needed a buff, but THIS much), the GF gets a few fixes and the cleric gets a few tweaks that would be great in a perfect world (no pun intended), but break a few spells in reality ("buffs not affecting people through walls" for instance, does not work in this game. How many times have you tried picking something up that is obstructed by a blade of grass that clipped into it, and were unable to do so because it was considered a "wall"?)

Basically, I guess all you PvPers got what you wished for. The game has been "balanced" for PvP, and screwed over for PvE immersion DnD environment a few people hoped for. Sure, can't please everybody, and I'm sure there will be lots of people happy with the changes. I just hoped that at least one single game for once in a decade could focus on what DnD was all about - with the player-made dungeons and all that - instead of pretty much following in the footsteps of every single other game out there today.
    edited June 2013
    I'm really curious as to how class balance changes ruined your immersion. ;p
  • teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Well, no more 'TR soloing boss while the rest of the group is fannying about with adds' tactic I guess. Meh, no boss enrages anyway.
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    YO DAWG! We put a test server in your test server,so u can test while you test!.^__^

Loving the new update content. Can't wait to see it's implementation. I'm a TR, but as i said before.....My first love in any mmorpg, was the "big guy holding the big sword". Glad to see my gwf, may actually be viable as my main now:)

By the way......there's 115 pages...so if i missed it...How do i access the test server?
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Give GWFs a buff to ALL at-wills please... you're only buffing sure-strike and wicked strike... Reaping strike and weapon master's strike also need to be buffed! I'de rather not see every single GWF roll instigator path because it becomes the only viable path due to only picking certain at-wills to buff...
  • zierkzierk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19
    edited June 2013
    teemoor wrote: »
    Well, no more 'TR soloing boss while the rest of the group is fannying about with adds' tactic I guess. Meh, no boss enrages anyway.

It's still the same only the Tank has aggro instead, just ran a bunch of dungeons on the test shard.

----
    Btw, why are you releasing a test server for a game that is still in beta... aren't we all testers right now? So setup a test server to have the beta testers test the patch so it can be released on the 'live' beta test servers so we can test it again?

You can't re-train on the test server so what is the point of testing anything?
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah nerf the exp from pvp so we have to lvl up on your b u l l s h i t pve <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> content ****ing monkes
  • rood4everrood4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So? Can I buy the books to level my companion now? And with what currency?
  • zierkzierk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19
    edited June 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    YO DAWG! We put a test server in your test server,so u can test while you test!.^__^

This is WIN! :D
  • havocwhavocw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    My concerns are this:

- In PvP, you now can't kick someone out unless they disconnect. What if the map doesn't load for a player? How many times have you guys joined the pvp queue and the map doesn't load.

- If someone leaves a dungeon, queue system will try to find someone else of the same class. Ok good, but what if someone leaves the dungeon coz we had like 3 rogues, so the queue system will try to find another rogue. Also this allows the potential for abuse where party leader can kick someone out just before last boss and invite his/her friend along to get the loot. On the other hand, I can do a dungeon with my rogue, but then change at the end to my level 60 undergeared CW and loot the dd chest to get CW specific gears.
  • lagimpalagimpa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Guardian Fighter: Knight Captain's Set 4 set piece bonus doesn't work, but it appears to give the bonus to the other party members instead of just me. Can you fix this?
  • ixdestroyxyouixdestroyxyou Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You are absolutely right. All i want to be able to do is play an important role in a dungeon. But as it stands the only thing the GWF is good at is AOE Damage. At that is only obtained by stacking Armor Pen. If they were to up the overall damage of the GWF, or hell even just the AOE Damage, then running two CW's would not be as viable as an option. My concern is even with these nerfs to the CW, I just dont think it is going to be enough to make taking a GWF along for the dungeon a better option. Like I said in the post, I think both the CW and Rogue classes were fine and served there role in dungeons fine.
  • loinofbeef1loinofbeef1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GWF enchant extending way beyond the end of the sword. looks massive lol
    21.jpg
  • serpentussserpentuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    CW pvp set 4th piece bonus is still broken with RoE
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    DEVS: please try something in the test shard for us GWFs... it is very very easy to implement, and would probably take like 1 minute to alter the code:

Remove the target cap of 5 from the GWFs attacks. Make it like 10 or 12 instead. We don't need a huge damage buff to do more AoE (which is supposed to be our job), we need to be able to hit more enemies at once. Please note that this tiny tweak will have absolutely no effect on PVP, which appears to be the main priority right now.

Just do it. Let us try it out for you and let's see what happens.

Other GWFs: please help me out here. The more times the guys see this sentiment repeated in this thread = better chance of making us relevant in dungeons again. Thank you. :)
  • lll7llllll7lll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    DEVS: I sure hope with all that your fixing in the coming future major patch, that you also INCLUDE a FREE REPEC TOKEN with it. Im sure your not intending for your clients to PAY to repec all the Feats and Powers that have been bugged, broken, or glitched when it gets fixed right?

All I ask is that a free repec token be included to redistribute points to feats/powers that now correctly work, and not be forced to pay to redefine features that should of already been working. Seems only fair considering. Anything else wouldn't seem right would it?
    edited June 2013
    l0th4ri0 wrote: »
    Remove the target cap of 5 from the GWFs attacks. Make it like 10 or 12 instead. We don't need a huge damage buff to do more AoE (which is supposed to be our job), we need to be able to hit more enemies at once. Please note that this tiny tweak will have absolutely no effect on PVP, which appears to be the main priority right now.

Honestly, GF could use that as well. Even if its reduced damage past 5 targets. At least both fighter classes could round stuff up then.
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xhiven wrote: »
    Honestly, GF could use that as well. Even if its reduced damage past 5 targets. At least both fighter classes could round stuff up then.

Good point, man.

Please pay attention, devs! The little buffs were nice and all, thank you. Still need a little more attention for the melee classes, though... this simple thing could be the magic pill.

Come on, fighter classes... make yourself heard here! :)