test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Linked Spirit is GODLY lol

knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Well I finally got to test this out on the preview shard for fun, and it's pretty insane, not sure if the patch fix did much to it, but basically it stacks for each ally you heal with a single ability WHILE you're in divinity mode those are the only conditions that matter.

That makes Sunburst and Bastion of Health the best for this as you can get all 5 people to give everyone 25% of your stats which also works on yourself as well.

Even funnier is Sunburst as the enemy targets count apparently as I was getting a 35-40% stat boost from it.

The best part is you can cast them regularly then hit divinity mode while casting so you still get the bonus as you're reaching the condition "be in divinity mode".

With sunburst that means 100% uptime on maybe a 35-50% stat boost for your group (based on your stats).

Can I get a whoop whoop?

Oh also, Sovereign Justice was basically a weaker Sunburst in terms of healing and also affected by Righteousness, pretty meh, but there's also Healing Step which is quite beastly.

Warding Shield (bastion of health 10% reduction) is also an ADDITIVE DR like Foresight and Astral Shield so that's not too bad.

Restorative Mastery seems completely useless, I couldn't find any dmg reduction out of it, not even a multiplicative 5% (was hoping for an additive 5%).

Healing Advantage is still the same, procs from Healing Word/Soothing Light/Bastion of Health.
Post edited by knoteskad on

Comments

• uncannyluckuncannyluck Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Very cool finds - thanks! I hope they give out free re-spec stuff so we can test stuff out.
  • warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've actually been thinking about switching my At wills to Brand of the Sun and Astral Seal (Okay that never changed) for these two feats,

Power of the Sun: Brand of the Sun reduces the targets damage output and their chance to crit by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Power of Oppression: Targets affected by Astral Seal deal 1/2/3/4/5% less damage.

Seems like by applying AS and BotS on targets you can reduce the amount of damage they do by 10% and reduce their chances to Crit by 5%

Just something I'm thinking about testing.
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well they fixed the Astral Seal feat from stacking with itself, but I don't think they fixed the Brand of the Sun one, so that one probably still stacks lol.
    edited June 2013
    warsiren wrote: »
    I've actually been thinking about switching my At wills to Brand of the Sun and Astral Seal (Okay that never changed) for these two feats,

Power of the Sun: Brand of the Sun reduces the targets damage output and their chance to crit by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Power of Oppression: Targets affected by Astral Seal deal 1/2/3/4/5% less damage.

Seems like by applying AS and BotS on targets you can reduce the amount of damage they do by 10% and reduce their chances to Crit by 5%

Aren't those in completely separate trees?
  • warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, so you'd have to go 10 points into Virtuous, it's up in the air if the trade off will end up being worth it, but hey that's the fun of Test Servers!!!
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yea, what I'm looking at testing tomorrow would be a 2/14/15 build. Just doesn't seem worth it to spend that much in Virtuous to me.
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Yea, what I'm looking at testing tomorrow would be a 2/14/15 build. Just doesn't seem worth it to spend that much in Virtuous to me.

It's not.

The feats are just, eh.

BTW if you're gonna go 15 into the third tree why not just go for wildstep? I'm assuming you're taking Invigorated?
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nope, first build I plan on testing would be the obvious 2 in virtuous, then 5/5 enduring, 5/5 foresight, 4/5 linked. 5/5 Tempus, 5/5 boon, 5/5 oppression. I mean, you either don't take Linked, or you don't take Foresight if you get Invigorated... and I'd rather have all the extra damage/DR from those (assuming Linked works how you say it does, it sounds amazing).
  • tursiotursio Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the testing, knoteskad, I've been wondering about the Linked Spirit feat, and if perhaps it plus the other feats is a developer-intended sleeper reason for Bastion having such a horridly long cooldown. (If you put those feat bonuses together, you end up with a really sickeningly good Bastion of Health.)
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    warsiren wrote: »

done that on my current characters play style, so far I dont get aggro as many as if I use usual at-will attack. combine with AS is good, I dont know if the current major update is breaking my "reduce damage combo" part or not, guess I have to try in the test shard
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It has always worked like that... and it is indeed very useful and OP... but i've always wondered why FF and SB were the only things that triggered it. Now i know =/ and it seems now AS will trigger it too.

I've always got that instead of invigorated healing. Invigorated healing is utter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to say the least... i don't even know how people could even consider picking it over LS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • kyomihkyomih Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Nope, first build I plan on testing would be the obvious 2 in virtuous, then 5/5 enduring, 5/5 foresight, 4/5 linked. 5/5 Tempus, 5/5 boon, 5/5 oppression. I mean, you either don't take Linked, or you don't take Foresight if you get Invigorated... and I'd rather have all the extra damage/DR from those (assuming Linked works how you say it does, it sounds amazing).

Sounds like what I was thinking of trying or similar anyway. Looking forward to see how that plays out.
    As much as I hate the AS nerf and wish the don't go through with it, at least it makes us think outside of the box and try something else but the obvious cookie cutter build.

Now if they would only add some proper interesting powers instead of the lacklustre <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we have now :/
    I remember how people hated the Enchanter in Aion for it's different approach to healing but it did work nicely. Or the different healing mechanics of all the healers in EQ2..
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah linked spirit + sunburst is great
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    It has always worked like that... and it is indeed very useful and OP... but i've always wondered why FF and SB were the only things that triggered it. Now i know =/ and it seems now AS will trigger it too.

I've always got that instead of invigorated healing. Invigorated healing is utter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to say the least... i don't even know how people could even consider picking it over LS.

Wait Forgemaster and Astral Shield, procs the Link ? doesnt seem to work for me or i am just out of Divinity too quick
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This doesn't really convince me for a few reasons.
    First off is that due to how hard diminishing returns hit after 3k on all stats, and even earlier on some of them, even if you're gaining lot's of stats it really doesn't do that much for you.
    Secondly the best sill for proccing this is sunburst which I hate casting in divine mode anyways because it's by farm my best divine power/ AP generator, not to mention the knockback really sucks unless you absolutely have to get the mobs off you. If AS is actually going to trigger it, now it could be more viable but I'm still not sure the bonuses gained are worth the 5 points spent
    edited June 2013
    Wait Forgemaster and Astral Shield, procs the Link ? doesnt seem to work for me or i am just out of Divinity too quick

FF did trigger it... or at least it seemed to O.o now you made me dubious. I'm pretty sure SB does and Astral Shield is changed to heal over time, so it must trigger it from now on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    @ oroness
    I think i may just be switching back to normal mode too quick, coz i've not notice it proc on FF and AShield , will try again later
    spani4rd wrote: »
    This doesn't really convince me for a few reasons.
    First off is that due to how hard diminishing returns hit after 3k on all stats, and even earlier on some of them, even if you're gaining lot's of stats it really doesn't do that much for you.
    Secondly the best sill for proccing this is sunburst which I hate casting in divine mode anyways because it's by farm my best divine power/ AP generator, not to mention the knockback really sucks unless you absolutely have to get the mobs off you. If AS is actually going to trigger it, now it could be more viable but I'm still not sure the bonuses gained are worth the 5 points spent

What you can do to avoid using pip, press sunburst then go into divinity immediately, it will hit and heal in divinity without the knockback nor consume pip but give the link

What i am after in soul link is the other stats, regen, def, crits, even power, still getting more stats is awesome for me
    edited June 2013
    maybe i imagined it alltogether and i'm certain AS doesen't trigger it NOW. What I mean is after the severe nerfhammer hits the live shards (or the test shard) it SHOULD trigger it. Not sure if it will as cleric seems to be the most hated class at Cryptic HQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Well on the preview shard, FF nor AS was proccing it.

Only the basic "TRUE" heals, HW, BoH, SB, Soothing Light, Seal.

Thing is BoH and SB are the only ones that will be good, because the rest only apply "rank 1" of the buff essentially and it doesn't stack or anything.

For instance, you can't HW 2 different people and get x2 stacks of the buff, or a rank 2 version you just refresh a rank 1 version of the spell, then hit with SB or BoH and get a rank 5 version of the buff.
  • maukadwellermaukadweller Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Well on the preview shard, FF nor AS was proccing it.

Only the basic "TRUE" heals, HW, BoH, SB, Soothing Light, Seal.

Thing is BoH and SB are the only ones that will be good, because the rest only apply "rank 1" of the buff essentially and it doesn't stack or anything.

For instance, you can't HW 2 different people and get x2 stacks of the buff, or a rank 2 version you just refresh a rank 1 version of the spell, then hit with SB or BoH and get a rank 5 version of the buff.

Too late. You can't walk it back now. You already declared Linked Spirit to be GODLY.
    Not good. Not better than expected. But GODLY.
    What are you gonna tell us next? That diminishing returns makes the boost impressive in raw numbers but in actuality not so much?
    edited June 2013
    Too late. You can't walk it back now. You already declared Linked Spirit to be GODLY.
    Not good. Not better than expected. But GODLY.
    What are you gonna tell us next? That diminishing returns makes the boost impressive in raw numbers but in actuality not so much?

......What?

It is godly, and since you should be using Sunburst regardless of your build that's 100% uptime on a 30-50% stat boost.

And not everyone is going to have DR on every stat.

Power doesn't diminish and is an underrated stat.

Giving everyone 50% of your defense is huge, 50% of your regen (if you're stacking it) is also huge.

And on top of Rising Hope, that means you can pretty much ignore your Recovery completely and let these massive stat boosts take care of it, and put it into it's good DR range.

Say if you have 3000 power that's 450 extra recovery, plus 50% of w/e recovery you have, say 1500 that's 750 + 450 = 1200 extra recovery on top of 1500 putting you at 2700 which is a very good recovery level, and it's all free.
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I thought it was useless 'cause 5% of your stats is nothing... but 25-50% of your stats? That's OPed as balls and needs to be nerfed - period.
    edited June 2013
    Time to update, finally got someone with test WITH me.

It was actually increasing their stats by a % of THEIR stats not mine.

Changes things a little, but still good IMO.
    edited June 2013
    Well we are obviously looking at SB as the primary application for this. After all I am sure just about every DC is using SB as its a nice little aoe heal/damage on a low CD which can proc RPS. What I am not sure about is that you have to cast SB in DM to proc linked spirit and you can't always be popping this in DM all the time. For one all your fighters will be getting ticked off at you pushing stuff around all the time. Plus with the nerf to etheral boon, can we really afford to be casting this in DM all the time?

You can sunburst normally, then pop divinity in the middle of the animation so "You're in divinity mode" when it hits.
    edited June 2013
    TY did not know that...think that is a bug and will be fixed eventually?

Probably not.

The tooltip isn't exactly specifying you have to use a Divinity Buffed Encounter Power, but rather you just have to HEAL an ally while IN divinity mode.

Just like Enduring Relief.
    edited June 2013
    .Talk about reading the fine print.

Feel like I need a lawyer

Lol, being a Lawyer and a Game Tester aren't that different!
  • kyomihkyomih Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Lol, being a Lawyer and a Game Tester aren't that different!

Isn't that the truth..
  • neckdemonneckdemon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so whats the deal with this? is it really that good and worth getting?
  • elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah running a 2/14/15 build with linked spirit...it is indeed ridiculous as long as people stay near you..everything melts.

2-rising hope
    5-enduring relief
    5-linked spirit
    4-invigorated healing (could also swap into benefit of foresight)
    5-righteous rage of tempus
    5 restoration mastery
    5- warding shield

I crit so much restoration mastery keeps the other 5% I'm losing from benefit up constantly...Using AS BoH and SB. and Invigorated is up constantly. The extra 10% from warding shield is incredibly nice if you can time large damage out but honestly with all of the extra stats people were running around with healing was MUCH more manageable and it was always cast from divine. Using foresight and healer's lore for passives. DP gen was a non issue as was AP gen
  • neckdemonneckdemon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elahndra wrote: »
    Yeah running a 2/14/15 build with linked spirit...it is indeed ridiculous as long as people stay near you..everything melts.

2-rising hope
    5-enduring relief
    5-linked spirit
    4-invigorated healing (could also swap into benefit of foresight)
    5-righteous rage of tempus
    5 restoration mastery
    5- warding shield

I crit so much restoration mastery keeps the other 5% I'm losing from benefit up constantly...Using AS BoH and SB. and Invigorated is up constantly. The extra 10% from warding shield is incredibly nice if you can time large damage out but honestly with all of the extra stats people were running around with healing was MUCH more manageable and it was always cast from divine. Using foresight and healer's lore for passives. DP gen was a non issue as was AP gen

hmmm....so whats the trick? drop the bastion inside astral shield so you know everyone will be there? is it really 25% stat boost if it hits all five? and casting SB and then swithcing to divine during anumation works well?