test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvE and PvP forced together? No thanks. Buh bye...

2»

Comments

• Options
    jonnarajonnara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The best way to describe it is competitive PvE. You can compete against other PvE teams, without ever fighting one another, while the PvPers do their role. Interesting stuff, and hey whats that... I cant.... say...... any.. morreeee ;)

So I can Enter the tier 2 dungeon by doing all the pve stuff when the pvp section is active and avoid the pvpers altogether by beating them on points obtain by pve activity? more clarification on this point is needed.

edit - If this event is a done via a queue system what happens when a PvE team gets set with a PvP team on other side?

Edit 2 - This is starting to sound more and more like Ilum on SWTOR and we all know what happen there.
    Majority of players will take the path of less resistance and just do event trading to game the system.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonnara wrote: »
    snip

Jonnara Id love to answer those questions - but I truly don't know the answers. Again, its been months since I ran it, and I only did it once. This is going to be much more polished than the draft we played, and may be totally different for all I know.

We're just going to have to wait. But feel free to pm me when it finally releases and tell me what you think of it, ok?

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jonnara wrote: »
    The video stated that you have to win the 2nd section "the pvp event" to enter the Tier 2 Dungeon. So is that not the case?

I do not enjoy PVP in MMOs, I only play real PVP on FPS/Moba and RTS games.

What I gathered from the video is that there's three sections. First one is PvE - if you win this part you get an edge up on the second section. Second section involves PvP, and if you win it, the rewards for the next section are increased. And the third section is PvE. Then, based on overall performance, if you won, you go into the Tier 2 dungeon, and if you lose, you get the Tier 1 dungeon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I may have misunderstood.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a mainly pve player I was afraid they would pull this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on us and force pvp on us. *shakes head*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PvE And PvP Forced Together?

Hell YES, killing players while killing monster at the same time IS THE BEST THING EVER MADE
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, since OP mentioned he's not reading replies, we'll close this one down.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.