test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Balance and Gameplay Update - post your feedback here!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everybody!

By now you've probably seen our Balance and Gameplay Update that will be going up on the NeverwinterPreview shard when it becomes available, and soon, to the Open Beta servers. Please use this thread to let us know what you think about the changes!

Thanks! :)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol my thread got locked =D

anyways, free respec!!! nice. More feedback coming

@raphaeldisanto sorry :P

EDIT 1: (After reading CW changes) booo nerf lol
    EDIT 2: Good to know something has been done about heal threat. Yay for all the clerics out there
    EDIT 3: "NPCs are now less talkative." finally something that i wanted. They just wouldnt shut up xD
    EDIT 4: +1 for the que system. Everything that the players asked for is there it seems. I love joining at the last checkpoint option. That saves us all a lot of time.
    EDIT 5: Yay for need thingy
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First!

No, I'm just kidding.

Audio in foundry quests is a good thing. Also, not listed in the Foundry section, but highly relevant to many foundry quests, I am sure:

"Quest flavor text now properly has a scrollbar when it overflows the Journal UI."

This is also a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    haha my thread also got closed :D,

But yeah awsome free respec tokens, i feel this is a sign of good faith from cryptic towards the cmmunity, and reinforces the idee of a beta. And this was very much desired.

Keep up the good work guys, much apreciated.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    starsund3rstarsund3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm just curious on when the cut off to purchase founders packs will be.

I've been working on getting the money together to get a Hero of the North pack.
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Shocking Execution: The base damage of this power has been reduced by 60%."
    Like it so much. No more 1 hit = 1 kill in PVP.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Lots of good stuff in there, with "The "Need" button is now disabled for items your class cannot use." standing out as something that will solve a lot of the community conflicts.

Many, many good changes. Really looking forward to testing this on the Test Shard. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Haha, awesome. Can't wait. Loving the Double AS nerf and giving GF more Threat Gen.
  • Options
    el1993el1993 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yessssssssssss!

On a side note, I've read that the cleric threat problem isn't the fact that there's too much threat, but the fact that threat it generated immediately on spawning adds due to constant heals. Will this new update keep newly spawned adds from chasing clerics around during the entire boss fight? Or does it do nothing?
  • Options
    arshmetal47arshmetal47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "The 'Need' button is now disabled for items your class cannot use."
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
    8.jpg
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    CW, nerfed...really.
  • Options
    hhbombhhbomb Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great changes overall! Hopefuly will make my GF wanted by groups.
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    All of it looks good!!!! CW/TR's got a slight nerf, GF and GWF got a decent buff!! Healing threat was balanced out and AS was properly fixed.

Good job all around, think I'll enjoy this on all my toons!
  • Options
    amarathanamarathan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And what about the second Paragon Path?, any ETA?
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time to make as many characters before respec token arrives.
  • Options
    pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This update is teh win. As a DC, I look forward to much of this :)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Overall, I see some great changes that were needed.
    Always Show Map Transfer" have been removed.

Why?

Also, I don't see some achievement fixes listed, like being able to see all achievement categories in the UI or being able to complete the achievement for exploring Icespire Peak.

Also no mention of the Lizardfolk War Visage being invisible, or more importantly not all of the exploits for dungeons seem to be mentioned as fixed.
  • Options
    nadaclosnadaclos Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only one thing is amiss.

WE STILL NEED TO PAY 200 ZEN, for respect our character and WE STILL NEED TO PAY AD for change our builds????

I mean WTF!! Make me buy these 2 features with GOLD dammit GOLD!
  • Options
    talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    lil' disapointed, was hoping for shield talent to be fixed at least.
    Also had my hopes up for a GF tab power and mark mechanic rework. Marks getting removed on a single hit is still as silly as ever.
  • Options
    visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Lots of good stuff in there, with "The "Need" button is now disabled for items your class cannot use." standing out as something that will solve a lot of the community conflicts.

Many, many good changes. Really looking forward to testing this on the Test Shard. :)

Woot!
    And the companions will actually be a bit tougher, but will their AI improve? I'd really like to level and use the panther.
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    So rogues have our best move nerfed for PVE just to satisfy all the big bad tin-can wearing classes in PvP? Seems like every time I save someone's behind with a backstab, I hear them whining about how we're OP because of our flashy animations *insert eye rolling animation here* Can't say I didn't see it coming.

At least bleeds are supposedly fixed.

And yay for class-based Need!
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sure wish the recently dead debuff could still be removed by cleanse. That debuff is just annoying. At least make it removable by a campfire. Instant removal. If you're in a campfire, you have died. No need for it to be there. Having to wait however long to go back in sucks.

Also, class-based need. The only thing wrong with this is that someone might roll need on it, but not need it. They just want it to sell it. Hopefully it will balance out. I hate going in to a dungeon and only wizard loot drops. It's bad enough when you run dungeon delves and get all blue drops. There should be other things, like dragon eggs or assets, that have a chance to drop. These blues that no one can use or sell on the ah really make delves feel like a big waste of time.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    thats what I call a big patch. thanks devs
  • Options
    blacklimahblacklimah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With the GWF encounter CD reduction, we might be able to keep our Avatar of War Set bonus active constantly.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am absolutley thrilled by these changes
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Us too! :)
    kilo418 wrote: »
    I am absolutley thrilled by these changes
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    Wow, tons of great changes
  • Options
    thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I hope the nerfs were not based on PVP feed back...last I checked this is a PVE game with a PVP component. (mind you I enjoy PVP, just hate when one ruins the other)

+1 to the need item fix

+1 to everything else

-1 where is mah ranger...!!!!?????
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • Options
    druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    Wow, LOTS of stuff, big patch indeed, kudos!
  • Options
    desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Us too! :)

Can you clear the community confusion on the Tier 1 and Tier 2 in Gauntlgrym? Is it the same Tier 1 and Tier 2 already out in Epic Dungeons or is it a new "Raid" Tier 1 and Tier 2 that is better then the current Tier 1 and Tier 2?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dafuq you cryin' about? You first MMO??!
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah it looks good. hopefully the changes will play good too...