test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balance and Gameplay Update - post your feedback here!

Comments

• nojil676nojil676 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please add in free full respects for everyone. With the new changes to skills some peoples initial builds may have been compromised
  • pilchingtonpilchington Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lots of very good changes, but it puzzles me why wizards are getting nerfs to Shadow Weaver, Ray of Enfeeblement and Steal Time (which, by the way, still leaves you rooted for 10 years whilst casting it. Want to move early? Too bad your cast is ruined and you still get the cooldown), and rogues actually get buffed in terms of getting more gain from power. I'm guessing all the devs play rogues.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nojil676 wrote: »
    Please add in free full respects for everyone. With the new changes to skills some peoples initial builds may have been compromised

If you actually read it, it states that everyone will get a respec token.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Best update ever:
    NPCs are now less talkative.
  • copperscaledrgncopperscaledrgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nojil676 wrote: »

Agreed!!!!!
  • xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    Guardian Fighter

I love all these changes however I do not see how this makes any Paragon Tree other than Conqueror viable in dungeons such as CN.

+1 to that.
    How the fokk is a GF supposed to tank anything when AoE taunt is capped at 5 targets and all other abilities are capped as well?
    A 35% aggro increase means nothing when there are 20 mobs running around and you can only affect 5 of them.
  • sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Happy to see the GWF getting some much needed love:)
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    This is what we call a major patch!
    Is there any change in Party lead exploit? Like kicking people in the end or begin of an dungeon run?
  • belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Meh, in no way will it change my play style in pve. As I was already built into a fast encounter rotation, all it does is improve what I already did. It however makes subbing out abilities a bit more viable.

On a side note. I might end up subbing out reaping strike now for Ws and cheese the dumb rotation like everybody else does, instead of using reaping for ap/determination generation. As well, I'll be looking into 3 sentinel builds. (10/10/11, 21/10, 18/13 builds.). On a side note, Power might gain an extra tick of usability with scaling.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    droodz92 wrote: »
    Being a 12K CW who has run Castle Never every day 4 to 6 times a day, I'm telling you that all your nerfs for CW when you don't touch TR, cause it's only like putting illusionary powder saying "oh yeah we nerfed TR" is bull****. You nerf "Ray of enfeeblement" BY FEATS, BY BASE DAMAGE AND BY %DMG BY RANK, It's our ONLY DESCENT "MONO TARGET" SPELL, You've made shadow weaver worthless, CW will practically be useless except to push mobs from ledge. Buffing sudden storm? Cool we'll have to be semi melee semi distance hero, seriously you dev should play CW instead of playing other classes. thanks for making all end game content CW reroll to ranger, your changes are stupid we were the more BALANCED CLASS. Great job for changing tooltips and bugged feats, still you went way too far on that Nerf for CW. +1 for buff on GF and GWF though, It was the only thing needed, touching CW was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Hey CONTROL wizard, how about CONTROLLING the battlefield and leave the DPS to the DPS classes. You are a spoiled individual to flaunt how OP you are then cry like a kid when they slow your roll in the DPS dept.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well i can't say i'm thrilled to see these changes in game. This is basically a nerf of clerics, and control wizards to a lesser extent. You nerfed two cleric parties (great for pick up groups isn't it, as we had any choice anyway?), so i won't be really able to play with other cleric friends, and you even nerfed cleaneses, which didn't really harmed the game. I won't test that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, i'll wait and see when it hits the open beta server, and will probably leave since you made the cleric job so painful and almost forbid me to play with the people i want to play with if they play another cleric. There should be some bonuses and not punishing players to play with 2 clerics.

You didn't even fix the miracle healer set, which is broken and doesn't heal the party but only one party member. GG cryptic, have fun developing your game, i'll probably be out when this patch hits the main server.
  • erindallerindall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) Why reward ninjas? Make NEED roll on gear BIND it to the person who NEEDed.
    And GREED roll remains bind on equip. Way more sense to what these words actually mean.

2) Why nerf Shocking Execution by 60% if almost no one is using it. I would say increase its damage so it worth a daily slot instead.

About it being able to one shot some in PvP, well CWs have one shot daily skill too, GWF have theirs, clerics/gfs are impossible to kill with it. So what? Would be better to make everyone run with 100k hp in PvP so ppl have the time to react to 20-30k damages actually, instead of one shots. Or scale everything down for pvp.
  • xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leave the DPS to the DPS classes.

As it stands now, the DPS class of choice will be a GWF or a Conqueror GF, who fall into a "Defender" category, since rogues just got a -50% crit severity nerf and a bleed nerf. So yeah, keep telling yourself that Controller/Striker/Defender mean anything in this game.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Hey CONTROL wizard, how about CONTROLLING the battlefield and leave the DPS to the DPS classes. You are a spoiled individual to flaunt how OP you are then cry like a kid when they slow your roll in the DPS dept.

A Control Wizard controlling? How dare you....How...dare..you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • droodz92droodz92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can do both by using the right spells, we're the more balanced class even if u're mad about it it's the truth, just other classes needed a UP except TR. To not be able to see that they upped useless spells which we will never use since they don't even stun or knockback shows already that you don't play CW and you can't understand my post <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see a lot of changes that needed to be addressed. VERY happy you are getting the auction house up and running. One quick issue I did not see address here is to do with UI. As a totally new to MMO type of games player I found several things on the UI to be very hard to figure out. For one, the size of the lettering in the pop-up that comes up when you need to chose something or another, (shift 1 and shift 2) I could not tell if it was a 1 or an I or a L when I first saw it and somehow ended up spending a bunch of Zen because I did the wrong thing. The lettering in those boxes needs to be larger.

A question comes to mind as well. Since the preview is going to be a new shard, I am assuming we will need to roll up an new character. Will we have slots made available to us for that shard?
    Cryptic has always allowed players to copy existing characters over to the test shard.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • gromtaraccgromtaracc Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Devoted Cleric:

Why haven't you touched/fixed any of DC's Tier 2 set bonuses? They are completely broken in current state which makes them useless (maybe except Miracle Healer which is also broken), forcing any sane DC to wear two of each instead for the passive +450 stat.

P.S. I would love to test this update, unfortunately my account was wrongfully banned with no response, I guess I will be testing The Elder Scrolls Online instead. Cya!
    edited June 2013
    Martial Style isn't fixed to where you can keep up Fighter's recovery 100%. It's like infinite tanking lol.
    edited June 2013
    Funny thing is, they want to remove the need of having 2 of the same classes in a party and yet people ***** about (Can't run 2 CW or 2 DC now). Well **** it was ez mode running that stuff anyways. You can still run 2 DC or 2 CW but it will have the reverse effect now unless either of them have a different spec.

I for once can still run battle cleric even though the top feat tree is still broken. Also, removing the death debuff was needed as it served no purpose when you have cleanse.

I don't need to run AS either for my other encounter when having another cleric. Best patch ever also thank god for the gloom fix.
  • efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    Ok, I'm not seeing where it says free respecs..?

I do like the Looting fixes *THANK YOU!* and there are multitudes of other fixes that are just splendid! Keep up the good work! ^_^

I do have a few questions though..
    Has the dungeon finder has been fixed to put a tank (GF) and healer (DC) in all dungeon finder groups, instead of a Cleric (to fill MT/OT/Healing roles) and 4 dps?

Will there be a fix for the Foundry Tutorial and the Community chat while in the foundry?

I see where pets are going to be dealing more dmg, but what about the healing companion? Or tanking companion? have their healing/defense been increased as well? Will they ever have the ability to go beyond 15? Or is that going to be reserved for cash bought companions?

I guess as a Cleric most of my stuff has been nerfed =( a lot of stuff has been fixed, and I am still forced to keep a debuff of 40% heals on myself, even if I take a full healing spec (so I am doing less damage). I guess if I am not forced into the MT/OT position it will be less noticable. *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyalphaxxviskyalphaxxvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great, Shadow Weaver set bonus is completely useless now, what good will 300 lifesteal and 15% crit severity do to us -_-
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

By now you've probably seen our Balance and Gameplay Update that will be going up on the NeverwinterPreview shard when it becomes available, and soon, to the Open Beta servers. Please use this thread to let us know what you think about the changes!

Thanks! :)

The Gauntlgrym event will not work. Losers in the second phase will quit after losing, or a vast majority will, that is human nature, they will then reque to go through again to try for the T2 stuff. Trying to fill and empty 20 person raid with players to fill a loser bracket will just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off as they pop in to fill a losers bracket, I would leave, as most will.

Gauntlgrym isn't going to be explorable for 60's? solo and group wise like the other map areas? Very bad choice if it is just another press "K" and que selection.

I guess expecting a new huge area to explore finally for level 60's was too much and the choice to make a que made sense how?
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My only question is:

Will this patch be pushed to the live server BEFORE or AFTER the game officially goes "Live" ?
  • basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    so we can transfer companions now?
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This will be long, but I wanted to at least provide my input on what I think of the GWF changes before testing them. (Since I can't test them yet until the test server goes live.)
    Battle Fury: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.

I think most people's issue with Battle Fury wasn't that the cooldown was too long, although it was. I think the issue with Battle Fury is that the damage buff provided doesn't last long enough and damage buff provided is too small to make it a decent pick when you can only have 3 Encounters slotted. Depends what the new cooldown is with the feat that reduces cooldown, but we'll see.
    Come and Get It: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    I like this, although I'm not really sure if it will make any difference. Paired with the buff to Not So Fast I can see where it might be a good thing. Especially paired with the changes to Intimidation in the Sentinel tree.
    Mighty Leap: The jump distance of this power has increased.
    Mighty Leap: While jumping, the player is now considered dodging for hit detection.
    This is nice, I suppose, but really shouldn't you just make Mighty Leap the dodge mechanic for GWF in general instead of Dash? Why do we need to waste an Encounter on something just to dodge? Dash is simply not effective as a dodge mechanic versus bosses that have a gather ability before their large AoE circle. This at least gives us an alternative to just eating the circle, but I don't think anyone will use it given that the damage on Leap is paltry and GWF is at heart a damage based class. Maybe this is intended as a survival encounter for Sentinel builds? Not sure what the thought process was here.
    Not So Fast: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    Not So Fast: The damage dealt by this power has been increased, particularly so when it hits a single target.
    The overall buff to damage will be nice, and it probably needed it. However, the mechanic of 'when hitting a single target' is flawed both in Not So Fast and on Reaping Strike when using Executioners Style. There is no situation where 'single target' exists for GWF, so it's a buff you will never be able to utilize outside of clearing your way to the boss. Even then, it's doubtful you would get the benefit from this. Please think about reworking the 'single target' aspect of buffing anything in GWF, including Executioners Style.
    Restoring Strike: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    That's nice, I really can't complain about this change. More damage? Check. More healing? Check. Good stuff.
    Roar: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    I'm really not sure about this one. Roar is great, sure, and using it more often is also great. It still doesn't hit enough targets. The cone needs to be widened in PvE.
    Spinning Strike: While this power is active, the user is now immune to Control powers.
    Spinning Strike: While this power is active, attacks are now guaranteed to be deflected.
    Sadly, while these changes look fancy no one in their right mind is going to use Spinning Strike over Slam. No one. That being said, I'm really curious how the automatic deflection while spinning will come into play. Does this stack with the 50% resistance from Unstoppable? Does that mean that while spinning and unstoppable the player has 100% damage resistance? I doubt it, but if it did that's the only possible reason I could envision anyone using this ability given that it locks the player into a long, long animation that doesn't do any significant damage. I'm guessing this is intended, once again, as a way to encourage players to take the Sentinel tree feats. It's a good change, since before it was 100% useless when CC broke your spin but the damage is still below par for a damage dealing class.
    Sure Strike: The damage from this power has been increased.
    Good. It needed it. Badly. With Sure Strike being improved, however, Reaping Strike is going to fall by the wayside. RS needs some love in a bad way. Might I respectfully submit that Reaping Strike needs to hit more than five targets per cast, given that it's a 3 second charge. You can't reliably get a single target for Executioners Style in T2, and with it only hitting five targets in an environment with dozens of targets it really falls short as both an AoE and as a single-target attack. When you can get a lone target for Executioners Style it's great, you just need to find a way for GWF to use that benefit in a more reliable way. Either change the AoE size, the AoE type, the targets hit, or something. This is coming from someone that loves Reaping Strike, but as soon as you hit T2 it falls incredibly short when compared to Wicked Strikes before any balance patch is introduced.
    Takedown: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
    Takedown: The range of this power has been increased.
    Takedown: The user of this power now shifts forward slightly when attacking.
    Seems delicious. PvP GWF will love you. Still falls a bit short in PvE, but I think everyone knows that Takedown is a primarily PvP ability.
    Unstoppable: This power now grants temporary health based on how much Determination the player had when activating it.
    Unstoppable: This power no longer removes certain Movement buffs.
    Seems good, although I don't see anything here about how Unstoppable does not apply it's attack speed buff to the first attack after Unstoppable is popped. It obviously has to do with the way attacks are queued and the way the Unstoppable animation applies the effect. Test this. It needs to be fixed, as it has the potential to waste the entire Unstoppable effect when using Reaping Strike. (It's virtually unnoticeable when using attacks such as Wicked Strike or WMS, although you can observe the effect even with those quick attacks. PLEASE FIX THIS!)
    Wicked Strike: The damage from this power has been increased.
    This is going to mean that pretty much everyone and their dog will be required to be Instigator for PvE DPS. Reaping Strike falls short in PvE due to the reasons I described above, and with Sure Strike getting a buff no one is going to use Reaping Strike at all. This means that Destroyer is going to fall by the wayside, with everyone that is a Destroyer skipping Executioners Style in favor of simply spamming Sure Strike. Trust me, this is already happening before the buff to Sure Strike. This is going to put the last nail in Reaping Strike's coffin for PvE and PvP.
    Feat: Grudge Style: The extra threat generation from this power no longer requires a critical hit to activate.
    Solid change, good idea. A crit already increased threat generation, making the threat component a base part of the ability is viable.
    Feat: Intimidation: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
    Feat: Intimidation: The damage bonus from Power has been increased.
    Absolutely good stuff.

So in conclusion, it appears the majority of the Great Weapon Fighter changes were made to ensure that Sentinel has some toys and is a viable path to pursue as GWF. While that is quite definitely a good thing, it does not address the core problem of GWF's being substandard AoE DPS. Maybe the changes to CW will turn out to balance things out, but these changes are not going to change the general perception that GWF under performs in a dungeon.

My only, and most fervent, request to the developer team is to take a good hard look at Reaping Strike and more specifically the Destroyer feat Executioners Style. It does work for the majority of the game, but in T2 where add's start to become a constant stream of chaff Reaping Strike falls incredibly short when compared to an Instigator using Wicked Strikes. It is almost impossible to ever get the benefit from Executioners Style past T1, and it was tough even then.

I'd also like to request that my previous suggestions regarding Reaping Strike be considered. Namely, that it needs to execute the bottom-tier attack on tap versus after charging for a second. Letting go of an attack and doing zero damage is absolutely silly.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • rayuukenrayuuken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I loved the part of "need buttom"... a lot of people put need on itens that dont belongs to him ( her ). Im tired of "ninjas".
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Players may no longer be kicked from PvP maps unless they are disconnected.

I'm a bit worried about this... I'm sure there are plenty of valid reasons for removing a players: didn't zone properly, AFK, botting, walking into walls, etc. I understand the NEED for this however I'm not sure disabling it entirely is the best way to implement it.
    Guardian Fighter: Threat generation on all abilities has been increased by 35%.

I totally agree that GF needed additional Threat when tanking... HOWEVER I believe that players should have the ability to DISABLE this additional threat when they do NOT WANT TO TANK. I can think of plenty of real reasons why a GF would want to enable or disable this bonus threat...

I STRONGLY urge that this 35% threat generation (and ALL bonus threat generation given to GF) be added to an existing ability such as Enhanced Mark, etc. Or at least give GFs some way to turn off the bonus threat...

Example:

15 Enhanced Mark
    Marked targets now build Threat while Marked, and you generate 33% more Threat when striking them. Plus a bonus 35% threat generation on ALL abilities.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
    edited June 2013
    efaicia wrote: »
    Ok, I'm not seeing where it says free respecs..?
    We know that we still have work to do before Neverwinter’s live launch, and we’d like to ask that you continue to provide us with your feedback about the game, particularly about this update. After we feel that the updates here have received sufficient testing on NeverwinterPreview, we’ll be introducing them to the Open Beta servers (with any necessary changes), and offering free respec tokens so that you can build your character the way that you’d like. Please feel free to let us know what you think on our forums, and thank you again for all of your help and support!

Do you see it now?
  • efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    gromtaracc wrote: »
    Devoted Cleric:

P.S. I would love to test this update, unfortunately my account was wrongfully banned with no response, I guess I will be testing The Elder Scrolls Online instead. Cya!

so very jealous! *cry*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vindicitvindicit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For Control Wizard, theres no fix for the Icy Terrain where the effect disappears before its intended duration? What about Sudden Storm and Icy Terrain not critting?