test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double Review for YOUR Review

savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hello folks! I am currently working on a great campaign and have recently published the first chapter. I am hoping I can get some critical feedback on what things can be changed/fixed and/or added so that it can become a great encounter for everyone to enjoy.
I am also offering 2 reviews (one from myself, and the other from my boyfriend who has agreed to do this with me) for your one. Each review from us both will be honest, reliable and a good source of feedback for your quest.
Thank you so much for the support and I hope to see you in game.

Savai, <3

CHRONICLES OF THE ABYSS: ACT 1 - The Puzzling Entrance
SHORT CODE: NW-DDMWV14SA
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
DIFFICULTY: Soloable
TIME TO COMPLETE: 15-25 mins
SERIES: Act 1 of 3 for campaign "Chronicles of the Abyss"
VERSION: 1 (beta)
ROLEPLAY: Alternate Roleplaying/Puzzle Adventure Included (mini-alternate quest).
Please keep in mind that I absolutely no control over loot in this map at any rate. Also note that music/sounds are a currently known bug within the foundry quests - so when this is patched/fixed, you will enjoy this quest more.
Your conscience has led you to undertake a dangerous task within the abyss. It is time for you to listen to your own mind and delv deeply within the roots of evil. Unlock secrets never known to mankind to complete the alternate ending within this quest. Do you and your conscience have what it takes to assist Pellerrin, the Druid? Find out by seeking your own conscience within the puzzling and scary entrance to the ABYSS.
Post edited by savaikun on

Comments

• rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For a cleric who forgot to take any potions with him on your quest, it went surprisingly well. Your encounters were mostly pretty easy - thought the savages are always a pain just because of sheer hitpoints. I accidentally had to do at least part of your puzzles because I started doing them by mistake, but it was easy to go back and forth due to well placed portals. The monster names and placement could have been a little bit more inventive, banging my head against a block of ice is quite frustrating and that **** bird...... The dialogues were a little bit constipated at times(for lack of a better word.) I'm not really a big fan of the "old" english for any setting, unless it's a period-accurate reenactment of some sort :)

I liked the environment - it was a bit minimalistic, but it worked quite well. 4/5 stars; Will Ferrell, Kevin Bacon, Adam Levine and Sean Bean. I'll throw in Spin Doctors as well, but they really just count as 0.2

WE ARE STAAAARDUST, etc...

Check out my quest, it's in my signature below :)
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
  • veratioveratio Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Check mine in my sig! Will run yours now.
    Please review my quest!:
    Zanaver's Rod (NW-DQUECIOMN)
  • savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rdxcyclo wrote: »
    Running your quest in the next hour, please check out mine in the signature :)

It's bedtime for us now, but review will be completed before 5pm EST tomorrow. Thank you! <3
    edited June 2013
    veratio wrote: »

It's bedtime for us now, but review will be completed before 5:30pm EST tomorrow. Thank you! <3
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cool. I will do yours Now.

I wish this one looked at Protectors Enclave Garbage dump - short code nw-djgveawnx

Cheers.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • veratioveratio Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    It's bedtime for us now, but review will be completed before 5:30pm EST tomorrow. Thank you! <3

Just finished! Neat quest - really....strange, at times (can't touch this made me lol). Left you a 5/5. It's obvious you put a fair bit of time into this.

Things I liked:
    * The effects were nifty.
    * Optional objectives are always cool!
    * Addition of the conscience-bird was great. I liked that it was snarky.
    * I liked all the chatter by all the monsters!

Things I thought could be improved or should be looked at. Most of these were really minor. If I gave a 4/5 instead of 5/5, it would be for the ogre comment below:
    * The conscience bird appears to comment on the first set of statues after the PC is halfway through them
    * The 3-ogre room wasn't really difficult (for a CW anyhow) but was incredibly tedious. Maybe mix it up a bit?
    * The doors to the end boss room opens through the ice. Not a big issue, but figured I'd bring it to your attention. I thought the shaking got a bit old by the end of the fight.
    * The end boss may prove difficult for some to solo - if you get caught by one's knockdown, you can easily get pulverized/knocked down by the other, allowing for a brutal chain. Wasn't as much a problem for me as a control wizard since I can teleport away, but I'm not sure how a GF would handle this if they get smacked, for example.

Fun quest overall! Cheers!

Edit: Linky to my quest's thread: Zanaver's Rod
    Please review my quest!:
    Zanaver's Rod (NW-DQUECIOMN)
  • ravenspire1ravenspire1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ill run your quest for you later today. Looking forward to it. My quest in in my signature.
    Campaign: Right Place, Right Time: NWS-DHFZYUPJS
    Chapter 1: Message Delivery: NW-DA3XAVZ9W
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    On my shortlist. Will play later today :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Added to my list. I've got a bunch lined up so it may take a couple of days, but I promise it will get done.

It would be great if you could add my quest to your list. It's a lighthearted comedy, info in sig.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello, I've played through your quest. Nicely done dungeon crawl. The optional objectives were especially well-done

- You could put the spawn of the boss in eastern ward closer to bookcase/portal. I took the book, went through the portal, and then, confused, had to head back to see there was a boss 'guarding' it
    - before the last room, mobs shout "Get him!", even though my character is female
    - the all-caps system notifies felt like I'm being shouted at. Just a matter of personal preference, though

Overall a very good quest. Mine is in the sig, I will be very grateful for a review. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
  • lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Hello, trade reviews? I'll check out yours now. Mine is in my sig, thx.
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Completed your quest. 4/5

I did find the ogres a real task after the 4th one (Guardian Fighter)

As a GF I did Find the spiders and zombies a bit overwhelming as well.

Also maybe something to run up onto also before those ledges we have to jump over - hated spamming my space bar.

It took me ages as a GF - tank paragon tree !!!

cheers
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • silithas97silithas97 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Going to play your quest now, mine is a light comedy with medium combat
    "An Adventure to Die For"
    NW-DD9NYO9ZP
  • silithas97silithas97 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Your quest was very good, 4/5 stars. Very nice Sheograth theme going on, and a wonderful optional quest (which everyone loves!)
    The combat was well balanced for me as a fresh level 60 control wizard (I only drank a potion with the archons, **** charge)
    It also had a nice bit of humor (which I always enjoy). I really liked the idea behind the lava trap, however it only did 20 damage, maybe if you added some spellplague beneath the surface to up the damage. There also was one little typo in the description of the quest saying Delv instead of Delve.
  • pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi just reviewed your quests
    Cool quest. Must try the optionals next time :) One small comment. Change the mini-bosses a little. fighting 6 ogres one after another got boring after a while :)

Appreciate a review of mine (Links in sig)
    Appreciate the idea of a double review, if you are doing so, please review my 2nd quest (Amulet of the Shining Sun. Links in sig)
    If you want to run through all of them once, I would appreciate that too.

Cheers
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
    edited June 2013
    rdxcyclo wrote: »

Check out my quest, it's in my signature below :)

I really enjoyed the environmental settings. They were nicely done and the encounters were accurately placed for the setting. At first, I was really enjoying the run, then things began to heat up (which is a good thing for any dungeon really), but the solo-ability for a trickster rogue is almost heart-felting. I went through 30 health pots and over 10 injury kits because there were 3 specific encounters that were stacked. Please don't stack encounters like that because it's just not something anyone would enjoy really playing this dungeon solo. The last encounter was my omen (so to say), because fire after fire and stun after stun just got me stun-locked, then killed about 10 times.
    Overall, I was impressed with the environment settings, the monster names and the theme behind it. I was not overly-impressed with the difficulty for a high-level TR.

Thanks for your developments, I look forward to more. :D

Savai, <3
  • rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really enjoyed the environmental settings. They were nicely done and the encounters were accurately placed for the setting. At first, I was really enjoying the run, then things began to heat up (which is a good thing for any dungeon really), but the solo-ability for a trickster rogue is almost heart-felting. I went through 30 health pots and over 10 injury kits because there were 3 specific encounters that were stacked. Please don't stack encounters like that because it's just not something anyone would enjoy really playing this dungeon solo. The last encounter was my omen (so to say), because fire after fire and stun after stun just got me stun-locked, then killed about 10 times.
    Overall, I was impressed with the environment settings, the monster names and the theme behind it. I was not overly-impressed with the difficulty for a high-level TR.

Thanks for your developments, I look forward to more. :D

Savai, <3

Thanks for the review, and I'm sorry you got annihilated like that :) I feel like I must reiterate though; suggested 2-player!
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
    edited June 2013
    veratio wrote: »

Hey Veratio. So I ran through the entire quest, got back to the guard to give him the rod, but nowhere does it let me finish the quest. I think you need to look at the layout because it 'completed' without me actually completing it.
    Well anyway, seeing as I was able to return the rod to the Guard, I'll give you a review nonetheless, but please understand that I wasn't able to actually 'finish' and collect my treasure, hence no official review was given on the actual Foundry Catalogue.

1) I enjoyed the dialogue and scripts. You did a good job with them. Especially with regards to reading the books on the bookshelf etc.
    2) The encounters weren't too bad, but please DO NOT stack encounters because this makes it very hard for players at high levels. Overall the encounters seemed to be properly placed.
    3) The lighting between rooms/hallways is obsolete - it should be addressed.
    4) There is too much of a labyrinth theme going on. I probably spent a good 20 mins just trying to figure out where I need to go.
    5) Consider adding more to your space. I got tired of seeing sarcophagus' and fire. I did see a few bodies on the ground a random crate, but you should get the picture.

Overall, the dungeon is incomplete, but with your scripting, I can clearly tell you have the talent to develop a well-written story, you just need to get the hang of using the foundry editor I suppose.
    I give it a 3.5/5 even though I couldn't do it throughout the actual game.

Keep me posted on changes/fixes/additions so I can do it again.

Thanks, Savai <3
    edited June 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    Cool. I will do yours Now.

I wish this one looked at Protectors Enclave Garbage dump - short code nw-djgveawnx

Cheers.

So I took a look at your Protector's Enclave Garbage Dump Quest. I would like to say that when I initially entered the dump "press f to plug your nose," I laughed so hard - so I expected some great humor. However, that being said, I enter this massive sandbox field and expect what I was hoping to be a dump, yet it wasn't...perhaps just a bit more d
  • kirnenadkirnenad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just done with yours. It is nice quest! It reminds me of typical dungeon crawls but the quest is much better than that! :) I even found some of the things funny! :D I like the number of optimal quests, it really spice up the whole thing! I did not encounter any bug or any mistake, and even though in a moment or two combat was a chance for my character to get smashed, I enjoyed it too! :D

10/10 ! :)

If you have a spare time, I would like to ask you to try my quest: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?292702-The-Truth-of-Goldenhair-A-quest-to-remember
    Ready for some adventuring? Then check my quest!

The Truth of the Goldenhair
    NW-DA7ISYIKV
    edited June 2013
    Ill run your quest for you later today. Looking forward to it. My quest in in my signature.

Raven, I'm sorry - but as a high-level rogue, this quest is nearly impossible without being suited up with 40+ healing potions and 20 injury kits. I am too annoyed by the OVER-abundance of encounters and difficulties. People need to stop stacking hard encounters like this, it's just not fun. It just becomes annoying. I can't believe you stacked 2 elites with a mystic, that was brutal. All to find that I come to a dead end. Making it overly-difficult doesn't mean it'll be fun. This crawl is far too difficult for a level 60. Please fix it up and get back to me and I'll be able to do it again. But for now, I consider it unplayable solo. Sorry.

Savai,
    edited June 2013
    On my shortlist. Will play later today :)

Definitely enjoyed it - however, as a rogue, I was able to run through the entire cemetery part without getting hit.
    I enjoyed the riddler's part of the quests and the ending was remarkable. For some STRANGE reason the rating window popped up and disappeared IMMEDIATELY - yes I know you aren't suppose to move so it stays there - but I assure you I didn't move. LOL - anyway, to be fair, I'll run it later again just so you can get the rating/review.

One thing that needed fixing is 1) the first encounter near the lakeside was a bit too challenging. 2) I wasn't sure where to find the 'strange object' beside the lake because there was no waypoint. 3) I don't like seeing 'go to next map' when I am transitioning between 2 different instances in a single story.
    Overall I give it a 4/5 - I can see you put a lot of work into it and I actually did enjoy it.
    Thanks so much!

Savai,
    edited June 2013
    Added to my list. I've got a bunch lined up so it may take a couple of days, but I promise it will get done.

It would be great if you could add my quest to your list. It's a lighthearted comedy, info in sig.

Okay, I must say - I laughed a lot in this. It was well written and entertaining. "LOOK AT THAT" - Common now, youtube sensational, hilarious and greatly included.
    One thing - I was able to pretty much run through the entire elven part of the crypt by going to the right - not sure if that was your intention.
    Looking forward to future developments,

Savai,
  • darkaninddarkanind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    Making dinner, then I'll play yours soon as I'm done.

Mine:
    NW-DUCYKYQHA

My only concern is the end encounter. I might have to change it to make it easier.
  • oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Thank you! Yeah, that last room is a bit of a problem area. I am thinking of adding a wall in there or something. Hoping to get to yours either tonight or tomorrow.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
    edited June 2013
    lumicakery wrote: »
    Hello, trade reviews? I'll check out yours now. Mine is in my sig, thx.

Im going to be brutally honest. I have done far too many 'dream' quests already, but yours so far has been the best that I've done. One thing you may want to consider is allowing players to run through your mobs when going to a specific place marker. It makes the person able to rush through the quest, which I'm assuming is not your intention.
    Anyway, good job and I enjoyed the storyline behind it, all in all I gave it a 4/5 cause I died a few times because of the stacked (wave) encounters being too much for a solo player even though you gave that option at the beginning.
    Thanks again,
    Savai,
  • avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited June 2013
    That was pretty fun! I enjoyed it. I ran solo as lvl 33 cleric. Some spots were a little difficult but its like I always say... any day I live through, is a good day! When you have time, please review mine as well?

NW-DDVRNYRYY
    My thread is over here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?327772-Trading-reviews

thank you!
    ~Avi~
    @avistar001
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copy/Paste Short Code: NW-DDKQRRF9P
    Member:
    Scribes' Enclave: Volunteer Foundry Reviewers and Tutors
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just ran this an left my comments in game. I really like the optional objectives I think that is a really smart thing to do. Additionally, I liked the combat, and the spawn triggers. As a 60 none of it was beyond reason, which is really good to see in a dungeon crawl. I liked the wackiness of the decor, but wished you took it to the next level. Additionally you started off costuming and naming the encounters really well, but kind of stopped really soon. When you do a good job especially at the beginning with costumes and names, you have to do it the whole way through the dungeon or it becomes noticeable. IMO All in all I liked the dungeon a lot and as I mentioned in game if you focus on this a little more and finish the costuming and the decor it will be perfect.

It actually reminds me of my dungeon crawl. You can check it out if you would like, it is called Mage Masher. It has a group and a solo option. The group option is doable with 2 but you may find it challenging.

EDIT: I specifically wanted to compliment you on the webbing, I know it can be tough to setup and you did it well.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Im going to be brutally honest. I have done far too many 'dream' quests already, but yours so far has been the best that I've done. One thing you may want to consider is allowing players to run through your mobs when going to a specific place marker. It makes the person able to rush through the quest, which I'm assuming is not your intention.
    Anyway, good job and I enjoyed the storyline behind it, all in all I gave it a 4/5 cause I died a few times because of the stacked (wave) encounters being too much for a solo player even though you gave that option at the beginning.
    Thanks again,
    Savai,

Thank you for your review :). Though I'm gonna have to ask, did you die at the third wave of the stacked encounter? Because a few people have, and I did not plan that as the mission statement tells you to escape the third wave. Well if you did, I'm gonna have to make a cutscene or dialogue or something that warns people that you have to escape. Anyway thanks again.
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
    edited June 2013
    lumicakery wrote: »
    Thank you for your review :). Though I'm gonna have to ask, did you die at the third wave of the stacked encounter? Because a few people have, and I did not plan that as the mission statement tells you to escape the third wave. Well if you did, I'm gonna have to make a cutscene or dialogue or something that warns people that you have to escape. Anyway thanks again.

Na, it wasn't at that part - as a matter of fact, I survived that part LOL - it was the encounter(s) beforehand. It's best to never ever stack encounters if giving a 'solo' option. No matter what. Because what you may find easy ( hardest encounter at level 30) may be brutally hard as it is for a level 60. Easily put - a level 30 EASY encounter is in fact HARD for a level 60. Oddly and sadly enough it works that way, but that's how it scales. Easy for you, but hard as hell for me. LOL