test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR bug- shift not working properly

serephinasolisserephinasolis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
On my TR whenever I try to shift (roll) it says "you must equip a weapon." I have tried unequipping and reequipping both my weapons, logging out, restarting client, etc. I have no idea what's going on. Anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by serephinasolis on

Comments

• armang276armang276 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    On my TR whenever I try to shift (roll) it says "you must equip a weapon." I have tried unequipping and reequipping both my weapons, logging out, restarting client, etc. I have no idea what's going on. Anyone else having this issue?

Yea dude me too i cant roll anymore .
    only today it happened. I tried asking invame but novody responds
  • spartinthepiratespartinthepirate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This has happened to me too, I can't work out how to fix it, but it just suddenly stopped working.
  • armang276armang276 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anybody have a solution ?
  • janesthenamejanesthename Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Chiming in as well, this happened last night after the recent patch. My character has both daggers equipped, but it only shows that I have one. Can no longer dodge roll.
  • kazimscumlingkazimscumling Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same happened. Logging in and out or restarting the game does not resolve. Not sure how it started though. I was playing normally and at some point my character stopped rolling. I changed my weapons but it didn't help either. Whenever I have 2 daggers it only shows one of them and off hand seem to be empty. And I can't roll. It's impossible to play without it so I'll leave for today. Hope they resolve it :)
  • linvail683linvail683 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yeah me character can't roll, the same message of "You must equip a weapon", It is very annoying.
  • linvail683linvail683 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had noticed that the problem only occurs when my character has the same type of dagger in each hand, when i changed the dagger of the left hand for another the sifth started to work again.
  • janesthenamejanesthename Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    linvail683 wrote: »
    I had noticed that the problem only occurs when my character has the same type of dagger in each hand, when i changed the dagger of the left hand for another the sifth started to work again.

Brilliant! This fixed it for me. Thank you!

Note: My character still shows that I've only equipped one dagger, but at least I can dodge roll again.
  • kazimscumlingkazimscumling Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Mate you saved my weekend. Thanks a lot!!
  • gerbzz420gerbzz420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I have 2 different daggers but it also happens to me. I tried unequipping them, changing them around, restarting, relogging but it doesnt help. Wat do
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This has to do with some of the renamed weapons being flagged incorrectly in the game engine, I think. If you equip weapons with the old names, the bug vanishes. Note that you can have one old-style and one newly-named weapon and you'll still be able to dodge. You will only show as having one weapon equipped (the old-style) on your hip in the world and on your char sheet. If you equip both newly-named weapons then you're going to have the bug.

Addendum: by newly-named, I mean weapons that are "parrying", "cruel", "piercing", or "restoring" and so on. Previously these same weapons were named "Evader's Dagger of Restoration" instead of "Restoring Dagger", etc. Whoever did the code for the renaming thing kinda forgot to set a couple of flags properly in the game engine. It happens. People are not always perfect -- I'm sure they'll catch this and fix it soon enough. :)
  • auzumauzum Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The problem is the dagger combination, both the pictures of your 2 daggers in the character sheet must face opposite ways.
    It took me 3 hours to figure this out :s