test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earning Zen through Survey's etc

baron335baron335 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I did a search to try to find an answer to my question but didn't find anything and I'm sorry if this isn't the correct place to post. I did some survey's just to try it out and I was credited for 3 of them but I have yet to receive the zen. Is there a delay in receiving it or should it come through automatically?

Thanks for your responses.
Post edited by baron335 on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Did you transfer it from your perfect world wallet into your neverwinter account?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • baron335baron335 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, that is where it was at.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Out of curiousity... how long did you spend answering 3 surveys and how much Zen did you receive?
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Out of curiousity... how long did you spend answering 3 surveys and how much Zen did you receive?
    I have always been skeptical of doing surveys for in game currency.
    That being said Peanut labs have some fairly easy surveys and videos.
    I spent about 2 hrs on the day of the new mod grinding grinding surveys for zen to open a few of the new lockboxes and ended up with near 700 zen. ($3.50/hr)
    For someone who has never done online surveys there is a bit of a learning curve. I also happen to be in a sweet demographic and qualify for most surveys. It can be boring and tedious...but when you have no cash to buy zen and you really want to open a few boxes it can be done with some patience. If you have a job, don't waste time on surveys, just spend an hour or twos wages and you'll get more value for time spent.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I usually spend an hour or two a night trying to do these surveys and then spend the zen on keys for the lockboxes. Unless you get lucky in a lockbox the money they pay you for the time spent isn't really worth it. I find it perfectly worth it to open these lockboxes for free though. I can usually get 4 keys or so a week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • sil3nc1osil3nc1o Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have always been skeptical of doing surveys for in game currency.
    That being said Peanut labs have some fairly easy surveys and videos.
    I spent about 2 hrs on the day of the new mod grinding grinding surveys for zen to open a few of the new lockboxes and ended up with near 700 zen. ($3.50/hr)
    For someone who has never done online surveys there is a bit of a learning curve. I also happen to be in a sweet demographic and qualify for most surveys. It can be boring and tedious...but when you have no cash to buy zen and you really want to open a few boxes it can be done with some patience. If you have a job, don't waste time on surveys, just spend an hour or twos wages and you'll get more value for time spent.

It is all well and good but it is expensive for players in other countries to just buy zen to join in the goodies the game offers exclusively with zen, for instance if I buy 9.99euro, it actually costs me R150.00, converted back to the euro you will note how expensive it actually is for us, it is way more expensive for us to get the same "special deals" which is kind of bad, just saying
    edited August 2014
    sil3nc1o wrote: »
    It is all well and good but it is expensive for players in other countries to just buy zen to join in the goodies the game offers exclusively with zen, for instance if I buy 9.99euro, it actually costs me R150.00, converted back to the euro you will note how expensive it actually is for us, it is way more expensive for us to get the same "special deals" which is kind of bad, just saying

The game is made in america and primarily hosted in america. I do believe Cryptic has an oceanic server but as for the zen market and everything its all based in the United States. The unfortunate side effect is that its harder to get stuff in other countries, especially ones "across the pond."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • sil3nc1osil3nc1o Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yeah we can only buy in their currency, it would have been nice though if once in a while us "across the pond" could be able to get some kind of special deal which enables us to get the same goodies for the same price the locals would pay, but nevertheless, still an awesome game, just means more grinding for us :D

25 euro = R425 zar ±
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's been a while but don't you need to give your details? A lot of surverys on peanut labs a while back seemed to want that and there's no way I'd sell my info to them.
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I love neverwinter. I will be playing this game for a very long time to come.
    frishter wrote: »
    It's been a while but don't you need to give your details? A lot of surverys on peanut labs a while back seemed to want that and there's no way I'd sell my info to them.

I have run into a couple surveys that do require my address. But only a couple. Most only want your zip code.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Takes me about an hour to do the maximum 4 surveys a day. I only do the ones that require at most an email address and zip code. Anything with personal info like Name and Address, I do not participate in. Just use your best judgement and don't let free zen cover up that judgement.

To be honest, some of the survey's were interesting to me, such as being able to preview potential products that may or may not make it to the market.

I'm well on my way to getting the Dragonborn pack through surveys. I just bought the Heavy Howler for free just by doing surveys daily for a couple weeks. You average 98 zen a survey, though there are some that give more, a lot that can give less. Aside from survey's, some of the offers on the bottom give free zen, which I don't do since it's all spam for your information but there are ones where you can earn 3-4 zen just going to look at the website or video.
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Not trying to be racist, but as long as you're poor, possibly a minority group and interested in everything you should qualify for at least a few surveys.

I qualify fine for surveys without being in a "poor" household. I could be considered a "minority" but not Latino. So I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to imply here. Survey's may not be immediate, sometimes you do get routed in circles for a few minutes but eventually you'll land one if you're patient enough.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Could be that I do have quite a few interests outside of video gaming. For example I've done survey's for drinks.. and I drink coffee, water, sports drinks, beer, wine, liquor, coolers, milk, juice, tea. Pretty much had selected everything besides energy drinks, which is all true. If you had only selected 2 things out of that list, you probably would of been screened out. Which also has happened to me before on other surveys. It just depends if you fall into the target audience and there's really no way to determine that.

At the end, it comes to how much time you want to spend doing this stuff. While I'd rather play the game itself, I don't mind spending 1-2 hours doing these surveys so I can improve my game life. To others, there is no interest doing these surveys as some of them can be extremely long and boring. In those cases I just tough it out. I still read through them and answer responsibly but knowing the fact that at the end of the week I can buy a new bag or coalescent ward without having to spend any real world money or AD, I think it's worth it.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Could be that I do have quite a few interests outside of video gaming. For example I've done survey's for drinks.. and I drink coffee, water, sports drinks, beer, wine, liquor, coolers, milk, juice, tea. Pretty much had selected everything besides energy drinks, which is all true. If you had only selected 2 things out of that list, you probably would of been screened out. Which also has happened to me before on other surveys. It just depends if you fall into the target audience and there's really no way to determine that.

At the end, it comes to how much time you want to spend doing this stuff. While I'd rather play the game itself, I don't mind spending 1-2 hours doing these surveys so I can improve my game life. To others, there is no interest doing these surveys as some of them can be extremely long and boring. In those cases I just tough it out. I still read through them and answer responsibly but knowing the fact that at the end of the week I can buy a new bag or coalescent ward without having to spend any real world money or AD, I think it's worth it.
    wow so 1-2 hrs a day * 5 days lets say 7hrs for $10, so I'll keep my time and spend my $, good to know though cuz i was wondering if it was worth it. The couple times I've tried to do a survey I've never qualified so i was wondering what the reward would be.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's often one "survey" that just requires you to watch a video, answer one question, and then give some demographic answers. I can start that, brush my teeth or hair, come back to it, and finish it. BEWM. 3-4 zen in 5 minutes. It all adds up.

If you have it in your country Bing rewards also has a deal for Rixty which gets you free Zen. (Bing rewards IS recommended in the surveys. It can get you 500 Zen.)
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I run them while at work if not busy. sadly i tend to fail out of most of them but when available i can usually get 200-300 zen if I have the time.
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just farm bing points on various devices. Though I notice that being black instantly disqualifies me for most surveys. I don't take offense, but it's a thing.
    edited August 2014
    If you have it in your country Bing rewards also has a deal for Rixty which gets you free Zen. (Bing rewards IS recommended in the surveys. It can get you 500 Zen.)

Is this on the Bing page? Do I just look for Rixty? I signed up for Bing Rewards the other day but I rarely ever use any Bing services.

werewolf.jpg
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just remember, all that data is being stored and later mined for information about YOU. You're selling your privacy for virtual currency. At the very least, do yourself a favor and make sure to clear both your cookies and localStorage (hopefully you know what localStorage is...) after each survey to prevent their various re-targeting partners from further increasing their profile on you.
    edited August 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    Just remember, all that data is being stored and later mined for information about YOU.

But then Google already does that for free for you :)

werewolf.jpg
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    But then Google already does that for free for you :)

Yup, it sure does. This is just a more direct and personal way to further fill out your profile data since you're answer direct question about what you like and don't like whereas Google has to figure that stuff out heuristically. Facebook is the real evil player in the anti-privacy game... Still, that's all a tangent.

I'm not saying people shouldn't do these surveys -- I've done them to donate days to my guild's website -- I'm just urging caution. You should know what your giving away is all, and do your best to cover yourself. I'm not saying lie on those surveys - they're technically anonymous, and probably do provide some value to the companies as they try to make sure their goods or services are what people want.

I do suggest using privacy mode on your browser (and enabling Do Not Track if you have a modern one like Chrome or FF) and make sure to clear all your existing data (cookies and localStorage) when you're done -- anything to break the data trail that leads to you.
  • knewt74knewt74 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Was told I was not what they were looking for. No zen but tons of spam emails.