test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'll do a video review of your quest in trade

visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
I am a "Solo" player, so do not expect me to play your "Group" content!

So simple enough, I figured I'll trade you a video review of your quest, for a play/ review of mine. I think it's fair...

I'm not asking for fake 5star ratings 'give whatever rating you think it deserves' and any feedback, "constructive" criticisms are preferred.

-Disclaimer-
My Farming 'Quest' doesn't count -_-

I'll review your quest once I've received your review, nothing personal 'I just want to make sure I review those who have taken the time to give me a review first'

-Videos-

Make sure I don't miss your quest!

in your post use this format:
@AccountName - Shortcode - (Campaign Name, if applicable) Quest Name

‘Video Review’ to-do List

"When I have Time" @pris23 - NWS-DCV313OOC - (The Secret to Paradise) Into the Mist 'Updated'

@casekuk - NW-DIKGSOTWT - The Mysterious Portal

@remorselord - NW-DR7WBOLM6 - The Crucible Challenge

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'll be taking a little break for a few days/ a week or so, so I can spend my free time trying to fix/Update my quests.
"Thanks too all the glorious feedback I have received from this amazing community"
jlTYaLC.gif
1.jpglXK5k1F.png
Post edited by visigoth18 on

Comments

• crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How long is your quest? I would be happy to play it later tonight if it is short :)
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    half an hour give or take
    its set up in a way that you are expected to figure out parts, I can do it in 10min, but I made it so I know where to go and I don't do the side stuff etc... so others keep the time up so it still counts tward the daily, but I can blow through it for the credit.

Edit: with friends it should go a lot faster.
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    visigoth18 wrote: »
    half an hour give or take
    its set up in a way that you are expected to figure out parts, I can do it in 10min.

Perfect length then. I will run it MUCH later tonight when I get home. Hopefully I can bring some friends.
  • meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    I'll run your quest here in a bit, once I get the kids to bed. My information is listed below, in my signature. Any review is helpful.
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    @meysa, once I finish uploading another quest, I'll run yours.
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll run it tonight. Check out my first quest, recently republished!
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
    edited June 2013
    @shorlong, video is taking forever to render. I probably wont be able to get to yours till tomorrow.
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll run it, you got a short code?

See my signature for mine... I'd appreciate some feedback, and if you could honestly give it a good rating, do so. If you can't give it a good rating, use the feedback thread and I'll try to address any issues! If you have them, I'm sure others will, too. :)
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll play your quest tomorrow (added to my to-do list).
    Check my sign for further information about my adventure
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
    edited June 2013
    vuelhering wrote: »
    I'll run it, you got a short code?

See my signature for mine... I'd appreciate some feedback, and if you could honestly give it a good rating, do so. If you can't give it a good rating, use the feedback thread and I'll try to address any issues! If you have them, I'm sure others will, too. :)
    ^_^ look at my Sig
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    I have already played your adventure lol... but I ran it again because I couldn't find my review in the list :P
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, I will gladly trade reviews with you - I will run your quest in the afternoon/evening after I return from work.

If you can leave your review (link) on my thread (link in siggy) that would be great.
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Crok2 :]
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This was the most frustrating quest I have ever played. See ingame review. I was so close to exiting and dropping the quest at so many points during the run... Also, where the hell is the ladder to get out of the ruins? When I didn't see it where it was supposed to be, it took me only a heartbeat to exit via the minimap button because I was NOT going to run in any more ****ing circles.

On the upside, the environment was really nice with quite a bit of effort put into the NPC's and the quest objectives made sense for the story - although they were way too tedious to find most of the time.

That said, if you still want to trade reviews my quest is in my signature - won't blame you if you don't want to after this (not so) constructive criticism.
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
  • veratioveratio Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Added yours to my queue. Looking forward to playing it! Check out my Q in my sig.
    Please review my quest!:
    Zanaver's Rod (NW-DQUECIOMN)
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll play your quest now, would love it if you tried mine out. It's in my sign below, Riddles in the Dark.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll add your quest to my list of stuff to play! Please see if you like the one in my signature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
    edited June 2013
    rdxcyclo wrote: »
    This was the most frustrating quest I have ever played.

That said, if you still want to trade reviews my quest is in my signature - won't blame you if you don't want to after this (not so) constructive criticism.

lol...yeah I was hoping for a little more constructive, but w/e. it's still helpful 'you kept the playtime up'

and just because you didn't like it doesn't mean I'll go back on my word, I said Review for review. So, I'll get to yours.

thanks for taking the time to play :D
    oh and if you want to see a good video playthrough of my quest>Tsumoro's Video
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    I have already played your adventure lol... but I ran it again because I couldn't find my review in the list :P

whats your in game name, I'm surprised you don't have a quest...Or at least I couldn't find one?
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    My quest is in my signature - I won't blame you if you don't want to after this (not so) constructive criticism.

Done, in OP
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm doing yours tonight! Wasn't able to get to it last night as the first quest we were doing turned out longer than we imagined (whatever time you normally have someone go through it, add about an hour for my wife and I lol)
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
    edited June 2013
    lol, Aww,
    yeah it's ok :D it ended up taking me six hours to get my first video uploaded...I had it split into three parts "each on a separate external HD" So I well aware of that kind of unexpected time sink :]

I'm always unsure of how people are gonna do with my quest, some seem to have no trouble at all figuring out what to do, while others find it "overly" difficult.

I hope you and your wife don't have any trouble "the combat should be decently balanced for 2"

have fun and enjoy :]
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    *Review*
    Ok, so I fionally had some time to run another quest this evening and here is my review.

I absolutely LOVED the graveyard and the weather effects. Now I need to learn how to do that. I really liked most of the roleplay elements in your quest, and the story was good too.

However, I really did not like that you simply refused to use any area markers for quests. I could've sworn I talked to everyone in camp, including some Doomcaller who sent me off on some side quest, which I just assumed was part of the main quest, because you don't have any area markers. So then I must've killed everything in the graveyard twice, maybe more than that (Speaking of which I really want to know how you did that.) before I finally went back to the main camp and talked to everyone again and discovered that I had, in fact not talked to someone. YAY!

Then I got into the crypt. You did provide a couple waypoints there, but once I got into the main section, you once again decided using waypoints ruined immersion. So I got to go to all three doors before I found the correct one. This is stupid, in my humble opinion. Ideally, we would be able to script multipath quests, so that if I chose to go one way, missed your other content, but yet still find the person I was looking for, then it would complete the quest. Since we can't do that, I think it's very reasonable of you to tell me which way I should be going first so I don't waste my time going places that just dead end. I get what you're going for here, and really I think it's pretty cool and I wish the tools you were provided were up tot he task, but not having ANY direction is frustrating and completely ruins the fun of the experience, for me at least, when 90% of the quest has no direction. Yes, if I went back and ran your quest again it would go much more quickly, but that is entirely beside the point.

So, I complete the quest and go to the next part. Still no directions, but since it's just a one-way to go area, this is a perfect place to implement something like that.

Next area, the arena. You start off with a quest to "find the hawk perch", but once again provide no direction so I start looking for a hawk or an area a hawk could perch. I guess wrong for a while and then find it at the camp eventually. This one I can be more lenient towards because I probably should've walked to the campfire first. :-) Then, I do the quests for the remainder of the piece, but since your spirit doesn't move, it again wouldn't kill you to put a trail to him, or back up to the camp for that matter. Now, I'll admit that by this time it had been a long time and I was more than a little frustrated with your creative decision.

Overall, your quest is brilliantly designed and implemented, but the frustration your lack of guidance caused me to only give you 4/5 stars.
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
    edited June 2013
    Fair enough, this is why I wanted feedback :D it seems like majority of the players find it frustrating.
    'I'll have to think of a better way to discretely direct people :/ hmm.... *Cogs start 'o turnin'

P.S. thanks for the well thought out and worded review. "Understanding what you don't like is way more helpful"
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • katah1969katah1969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    Sounds interesting. If you have time below is my quest info. I think you will get swamped with video reviews, so feel free to just review mine in the reply.

Exarah's Tomb: The Forgotten
    NW-DNRBBXZK3
    edited June 2013
    I might, but till then I will keep to my word "plus I think it's more helpful for the author to see how someone else approaches their quest, well at least I prefer that"

plus I'm self employed, and I work from my shop in the backyard "so I can split my work time up however I want, once the video is recorded I just go back out while it renders/ uploads" :]
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    meysa wrote: »
    I'll run your quest here in a bit, once I get the kids to bed. My information is listed below, in my signature. Any review is helpful.

All done :] it's linked in the 'OP'
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    visigoth18 wrote: »
    Done, in OP

All in all you brought up some good points that I'm going to change around, but there are a few notes I just had to comment on:

- The building inspector is supposed to be pointing out that the tent should probably be moved because of the huge pool of water it's standing in and the waterfall coming through the roof :)

- It's not well explained, but it's explained to some degree at the end dialogue with Gavin why there are goblins, kobolds, ogres and orcs together in that cave.

- That wasn't the last fight where you threw the towel in ^^

- I keep adjusting the difficulty a little bit to make it soloable for my cleric as I level up - currently lvl 50. But even though I know the encounters well enough to pull them easy enough for a solo play, I assume other people won't know which is why I recommend 2 players. The last 2 fights are always pretty close though and should be done with 2 people if only to have enough dps to burn through the healer.

Thanks for the review, and I'm definitely changing some things up a bit - like quest objectives and dialogues :)
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
    edited June 2013
    - The building inspector is supposed to be pointing out that the tent should probably be moved because of the huge pool of water it's standing in and the waterfall coming through the roof :)

Ah! yeah I completely missed that O_O "that's cute"
    - That wasn't the last fight where you threw the towel in ^^

lol...let's be clear here, I didn't "throw in the towel" on my first playthrough I spent quite a long time "and a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton" of pots trying to kill those two...I just couldn't put out the dps ;) I felt bad not being able to leave you an in game review "Sorry bout that" but it was too hard for me "solo" :p
    Thanks for the review.
    your welcome :] I hope it was helpful
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    who's Pris23?
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png