What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'll do a video review of your quest in trade

124»

Comments

• remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @visigoth18
    sorry, I'm not sure what you mean, what portal?

So at the very beginning of Anvilbreaker Forgeworks I appeared infront of the mountain pass opening and continued along the pass where you have first few ambush encounters hiding in the bushes. The issue was that when the level loaded my quest didn't update with where I had to go so I automatically went forward and was surprised by the ambush. I then noticed that the sparkly path was actually leading me back to where I started and so I went back up to the mountain pass and activated an invisible interactive object that is basically right behind the player when the player first loads the level. After activating, the quest went on as it should no further issues on that matter.

I had another awkward moment when looking for the entrance to the crypt in Heroic Adventures campaign. What I found weird was the fact that the road ahead was clear and it seemed that I had to move forward upto the crypt but instead I was actually hitting an invisible wall that prevented me from moving forward. I then noticed I could press F to Enter Crypt that that moment and so I did and moved on to the next map. It just felt weird to me that I could see a building about 40ft away from me and a door that I could use, but can't reach it.

Only other issue that I noticed was the ladder that the player is supposed to find to exit your level after completing the quest. That was very irritating since I'd expect an exit somewhere close to where the final treasure is. I know using a ladder and all goes with your theme that you were trying to do with the arena, but I couldn't find it.

Overall I enjoyed both quests, lots of detail and story elements.
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The issue was that when the level loaded my quest didn't update with where I had to go so I automatically went forward and was surprised by the ambush. I then noticed that the sparkly path was actually leading me back to where I started and so I went back up to the mountain pass and activated an invisible interactive object that is basically right behind the player when the player first loads the level.
    Ah, I wasn't sure if that's what you were talking about, Thanks "it's supposed to be in front of the player when they spawn in" I'll have to add that to my list of things to check/Update.

and as far as the transition you mentioned in "The Headless Hero" I'm ok with people finding that awkward "I had to put the entrance to my crypt some place that would fit the default map, and I thought that was a fun spot" the invisible wall was added by [Cryptic] so I cant move it :/

Thanks again.
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Op updated with:

Arachnophobia - @dioriel
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Sorry about some of my words, i'm dyslectic. I put it out too soon maybe, its just i have been working on it for sometime, and have already done Pt2 and 3. but thank you for your feedback. it shows me things I forgot to check before I put it out. and that is what i need. now to work on the updates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
    edited July 2013
    I new it put it out too soon
    :] I don't think its too soon, if you want peoples input and opinions "in the hopes of making it better" it's definitely a good idea to publish your quest and ask for "Reviews". I really enjoyed the story and the quest as a whole :D "More polish will only make it better!"

lol, I've had the same experience "thanks to all the player feedback & suggestions my quests have only gotten better" >D
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited July 2013
    yes I put out a post to ask for feedback, and listed on the Review trades page, and always updating with what people come back with. Im glad you did it for me. so I can see other things other people might not pick up on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

-=-
  • xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Going to go take a look at your quest now! I've been meaning to get around to it for awhile. :)

Mine is in my sig if you are still doing the video reviews, I'd be very appreciative! Will get back to you with my review soon~

Edit: Reviewed your quest in game. Beautiful job on the landscape and atmosphere! It had a very open-world feel to it and it was nice. As a 60 TR the combat was nicely balanced. One thing that I noticed is that 3 of the wolves from the wolf encounter in front of the boss wolf were on top of the cave...I'm not sure if that was intentional. There was a lot of character in all of the npcs. Overall, excellent job and a wonderful prologue. :)
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cool idea Visi. I'll review your quest. My new one is in my sig.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • sarkany69sarkany69 Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    Hey Visigoth,

Since you added my quest to your queue I've made a second foundry and turned the 2 of them into a campaign. I'm not asking you to review them both just letting you know that the names have changed slightly. It's changed to "@sarkany69 - NW-DIG3FBD2Q (Zombie Infestation) - Part 1 - Initial Attack". Thanks again for what you're doing.
    Campaign: NWS-DE986PLQS - Zombie Infestation
    NW-DIG3FBD2Q - Part 1 - Initial Attack - (Eligible for daily) Click here to see Video review by @Visigoth18
    NW-DNG6BTL9C - Part 2 - Retaliation - (Now daily eligible - thanks for the support everyone)
    edited July 2013
    :] hey I updated the OP, sorry I haven't gotten to it yet "Real Life popped up"

nyghoma wrote: »
    My new one is in my sig.
    Read the OP, and please use the format I asked for. "I'll be taking a little break, so it might be a while"

Mine is in my sig if you are still doing the video reviews.
    Same to you "Please read the OP"
    p.s thanks for the helpful review :)
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same to you "Please read the OP"
    p.s thanks for the helpful review :)

NP, and oopsie. XD Here you go. :3

@xpurpleinsanityx - NW-DNGIC6AJC - (Corleine Organization Mystery) Part 1: Rising of the Dragons
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
    edited July 2013
    @sarkany69, I tried to play your quest. I failed "It's too stacked for me" sorry you wont be getting an In-Game review from me. although I did record a video "please don't take it personally, I was just getting a serious migraine towards the end" :] gl with your content tho!

OP Updated with:

Part 1 - Initial Attack @sarkany69
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited July 2013
    visigoth18 wrote: »
    @sarkany69, I tried to play your quest. I failed "It's too stacked for me" sorry you wont be getting an In-Game review from me. although I did record a video "please don't take it personally, I was just getting a serious migraine towards the end" :] gl with your content tho!

OP Updated with:

Part 1 - Initial Attack @sarkany69

He should have told you, that both quests are for two people or more, I tried it myself a few weeks ago to give him a review, and got to the end of the sewers but i had no pots left or repair kids, what server are you on visigoth as if I have an account that is on your server, i will come with you, to do it, as I still need to give him some feedback but hard to do with a group quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=-
    edited July 2013
    well he did give me prior warning, but I tried...
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited July 2013
    visigoth18 wrote: »
    well he did give me prior warning, but I tried...

Yes you did, and he did to me also. and you did good, I didn't get much far from you. as i said if you want a group partner Im always up for jumping in, just mail or pm me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=-
    edited July 2013
    I'll have to check out the vid later today, but thanks for the effort. I was actually going to suggest going along also if you're on dragon server, but that would be cool if the two of you grouped up :-) I actually forgot that you haven't done my quest yet Visualkeiuk.
    NW-DIG3FBD2Q - Part 1 - Initial Attack - (Eligible for daily) Click here to see Video review by @Visigoth18
    NW-DNG6BTL9C - Part 2 - Retaliation - (Now daily eligible - thanks for the support everyone)
    edited July 2013
    Well its not that I have not done it, as i said i got to the end boss part on the sewers, but had no more pots left, its hard to do group quests on your own. but visigoth18 and I are on the same server, so we are going to do them together.

PS and I sent you a pm with notes i found, in your quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=-
    edited July 2013
    Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. Oh and I did fix the things you mentioned in your PM.
    edited July 2013
    sarkany69 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. Oh and I did fix the things you mentioned in your PM.

Its cool mate, as i said visigoth18 and I will do a full run of it asap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=-
    edited July 2013
    @Nyghoma

NW-DT4OV7EXH

The Temple of Lolth
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

edited July 2013
    OP Updated with:

MoB for a day - @chibbi
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • chibbiukechibbiuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for your video review. I was very pleased to hear you chuckling (and nearly dying of laughter at one point). As I find the time, I'll be implementing some of your suggestions and adding a few more Easter eggs.

This being my first quest, allowed me to figure out the mechanics of the Foundry. I'll likely work on my campaign before long. Again, thank you.
    NW-DF66TLIAM = MOB for a day
    NW-DFOEHE955 = Woeful Cave (in production but testable)
    edited July 2013
    I rated and review your quest Visi. Nice used of efx and cool environments. Very engaging story and dialog. Fun play!
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

edited July 2013
    :] thanks guys, dam nyghoma... thats a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sig :D
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, for the delays...life got a little "Busy"

But I'm still here :D
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hi Visigoth,

Undead Arena (Melee Encounters) Notes:

I see that this is a continuation from Part 1, but I didn't really get the RP element feeling this time around. The characters were there, but there was no real connection to the first quest. Don't get me wrong, I love a good fight or 3 or 4. :) I do wish that the spirit had a little more to say to me though. Very fast quest all in all. I can't wait for you to add more quests. :)

If you get a chance to play Part 3 of my campaign I would greatly appreciate it. Your input has always helped me to better my quests. :) Here is a link to the thread for that http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...rade-as-always and my quest info is in my signature.

Cheers!

NOTES:

- Adding yourself as a character companion was cool. :) I didn't accept any companions because I wanted to see if I could solo it myself, but it was tempting to have Vis follow me around and tank for me.

- R & G are awesome. G should say "Life in a box is better than no life at all" and R should say "I think...I am going to kill you."

- I liked being able to choose the difficulty (I went with the hardest options everytime.)
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise