test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'll do a video review of your quest in trade

Comments

• lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Don't know but after my playtest of my own foundry, i'll do yours. Got stuck in the foundry, sorry :(
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    it's past my bed time @_@ if I can make time tomorrow I'll run it.
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It seems, my client can't search for any foundry atm, currently checking into it.
    I like turtles.

• visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oh, try using the "Best" tab I noticed the other tabs search function can lagg out
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    I made some tweaks in the hopes of making Quest Objectives more clear.
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    helloooo...echo...lol
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Enjoyed your quest. Great environments, and an interesting story. A little different than most. I don't know if you've tweaked the sparkly guide since a few of the earlier reviews, but I was able to get around and it appeared when needed, so, nice job.

Now, some suggestions: I would recommend that you go through all the written parts with a fine-tooth comb. There are a bunch of (very minor) things that could use some fixin' up. sentences that don't start with a capital or end with a period (like this one) Also a few too many ...'s. Sentences like "I remember now!..." Go with either the exclamation point or the ... not both. The "..." is definitely over-used.

A few spelling mistakes I wrote down: "Retrive the Chest" should be "retrieve". The line "from being gnaw on" should be "gnawed". "Your the last one to see him" should be "you're the last one to see him". "Get your barrings" should be "bearings". "It was indeed my Fathers" should be "Father's".

Got interrupted twice while attempting to talk to Squiggles. Now obviously in reality you could get attacked while talking to someone, but it is a little annoying when you're trying to read a character dialogue. Maybe have those spiders attack just before you get to Squiggles, or just after.

So yeah, the writing definitely needs to be cleaned up. Some of the character dialogue's (especially the non-essential ones early on) could use a little work. When you get to the final room, it does feel like it's at the end of the quest, so it felt a little odd to have to suddenly fight in the arena. It also felt weird because I know you have an separate "arena" type quest attached to this campaign. I was confused about whether I'd entered that one or not. My suggestion would be to (a) shorten that sequence down a little bit, and/or (b) have the spirit provide a solid reason why he needs you to battle in this arena (you may have done this, but it didn't register properly). Maybe he demands that you prove your worth before he will give you more information.

So, a few "negatives", but this is a real good quest that could be even better with some polish. Looking forward to Part 2.

4/5

I would really enjoy watching a video review of mine if you have time (info in sig).
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
    edited June 2013
    I'll give it another shot when i wake up :3 Normally either stuck in the foundry or IRL, but can't really work my maps atm with this foundry glitch. It's somehow dropping my 3d editing fps to 1-4 ^^

But i'll play through it with my 60 Rogue. (I enjoyed the time i played it last time though, just got confused. And that might have been me being tired. Usually give a quest a few playthroughs before i review it.)
    I like turtles.

edited June 2013
    Enjoyed your quest. Great environments, and an interesting story. A little different than most.

Thank you :]
    A few spelling mistakes I wrote down
    Thanks for that :]
    Got interrupted twice while attempting to talk to Squiggles. Now obviously in reality you could get attacked while talking to someone, but it is a little annoying when you're trying to read a character dialogue. Maybe have those spiders attack just before you get to Squiggles, or just after.
    Thanks I'll take this into consideration :)
    Some of the character dialogue's (especially the non-essential ones early on) could use a little work.
    what do you mean? any examples would be appreciated :]
    My suggestion would be to (a) shorten that sequence down a little bit, and/or (b) have the spirit provide a solid reason why he needs you to battle in this arena (you may have done this, but it didn't register properly).
    Yeah I need to revisit the final map "it was the first content I made, now after all the additions it doesn't fit in 'as is' just need the time and motivation" :D

Plus with all the helpful feedback I've noticed the quest as a whole is longer then I had planed for "so I need to figure where I can cut some fat"

but this is a real good quest that could be even better with some polish.
    lol, thanks

-Visigoth
    Thanks for taking the time to play "and write me a review of" my quest. it's much appreciated.

I hope you find my Review helpful "take it with a grain of salt"

Edit: I needed a little break from this Quest/ Campaign so I've been working on something lighthearted...and with a Dwarven theme.
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Re: the npc's, it's not something I'd spend too much time worrying about. Just basically there are like 10 npc's in the beginning, and we have to talk to all of them to find the one we need to talk to, but they really don't have anything interesting to say for the most part. They basically provide a sense that some bad things have happened, which you could accomplish just as easily using 1 or 2 npc's along with the chat bubbles.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello, I'll run your quest sometime today and write a review. Mine is in the sig. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Been watching your videos. Thanks for mentioning my decorating!!
    edited June 2013
    Your welcome "Credit where Credits due" :] so far the're some of my favorite "Human" settings
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    Part 2 - Into the Mist - @pris23 Updated on the OP
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • brunomaltabrunomalta Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I already played. I will leave mine for you

A Mysterious Mage by @brunomaltasisko

NW-DH25ZWZ9T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

Author:@brunomaltasisko

Q1: The Mysterious Mage (NW-DH25ZWZ9T)
    Q2: The Gem of Time (NW-DIV5JX7J3)
    More to Come
    edited June 2013
    A Mysterious Mage - @brunomaltasisko OP Updated with a video of your quest. no hard feelings :]
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    No problems. English is not my first language. If you can help...i would be very happy!
    Actually negative feedback is better since we can improve the whole thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

More to Come
    edited June 2013
    I would be happy to help, if you send me a private message I will give you my e-mail. and if you want to e-mail me a copy of your dialogue "like if you have it saved in Microsoft Word, or another Word processing program" I would be more then happy to go over it and give you notes/suggestions. I'm not amazing when it comes to spelling and grammar myself, but I might be able to lend a hand with dialogue structuring :]
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    Sent you a PM. I will give you credit for the review on the final version
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Gems of Destiny

More to Come
    edited June 2013
    lol :] that's not necessary "but thank you for the intent"
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Didn't even realize you did a video for my quest. Thanks for the review man. Map visuals and sounds have been updated a bunch just recently and i'm gonna be pretty much just getting the story ironed out now.
  • mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just pushed your Beginnings quest to be eligible for daily! I liked the scenery but it seemed odd that most of the town is not explored through the quest. I think a lot of people will never actually see it. Also, the exit being so far from the reward chest is a bit of a pain, I'm betting a lot of people are just going to exit map. Could use a bit more filler in some areas (though mine are the same).
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • magic88255magic88255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Please do a video of my quest the book of the Dead(NW-DH9ZOZ274), Ill play your quest today (done, see my review in game :P)
    banner_3_001.jpg
  • yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Played your quest today. Left some notes on the review but wanted to give more detail here.

I can see that you put alot of thought and effort into the quest. I really liked some of the atmosphere and maps that you used. I couldnt tell what parts you added or what was detail from premade maps which is a good thing.

I found that for me personally the quest felt too long. Once I ported out from the scribe and then was in the cave to find my way up that was the bit where I felt I would have been happy to end. The extra couple maps then got me to be a little frustrated and wanting to skip dialog to get to the end. (I was rushing to be somewhere so that would have been part of the problem)

I can see what people mean by not knowing who to talk to with so many npc's early on. After the first 3-4 I just quickly hit through until I found someone who let me continue on the story. Didn't read it sorry although it probably was a good story line.
    (Don't be offended I always start my games with great intentions of getting into the lore but eventually the need to kill things overcomes me and I want to get to it.)

Couple things I didn't like or noticed. After climbing over the fence via the crates I ran toward what looked like a door in the distance but hit an invisible wall instead. Didnt like clicking that to transition when the door was over there.

I also died when looking for the scribe in the end room after the mob spawns and found that when I was running back I didn't even need to kill them I could bypass down to the scribes room. I felt like I should have been made to take my revenge before moving on.

Inspecting thing like the pipe and the book and interacting with a big floating ball instead of the item itself just felt wrong. I know some people might miss the details but sometimes that is the exciting thing about finding a small detail.

Finally I guess the arena was just a bit confusing. Am i up here or down there, wait here no back up. It didnt feel like a nice flow. And the bad thing about me skipping some of the dialog with the length I simply didnt know what or why I was doing something.

I think people who really like the lore behind what they do will really like this quest. Personally I am glad I played it but wouldn't be signing up for it tomorrow for the daily if you know what I mean. I was really impressed with some of the atmosheres though.
    Well done.

If you want to have a look at mine they are in my sig. Have a good one.
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
    edited June 2013
    mee2002 wrote: »
    Just pushed your Beginnings quest to be eligible for daily!
    I liked the scenery but it seemed odd that most of the town is not explored through the quest.
    Yeah I get that, but for this Campaign I'm going for that kind of feeling "an open world" following quest are all going to return to the Vally as a starting point "I'll set it up so the various NPCs give out their own quest"

Also, the exit being so far from the reward chest is a bit of a pain.
    ok... when you play a game like "LOTRO, WOW, etc..." did you think it was a pain to walk in and out of a building? I'm going for more realistic settings "Magic is special...So I'm not going to use it non stop for everything". And since you "can" just use the exit map button if you get impatient, I'll leave it as it is :]
    Could use a bit more filler in some areas (though mine are the same).
    I completely agree, But since the Detail count on that map is at 1500 there is nothing I can do T_T I even passed 50NPCs by using a good number of "Guard" encounters as non-hostel/ passive NPCs

zlainfurry wrote: »
    Didn't even realize you did a video for my quest. Thanks for the review man.
    lol Your Welcome,
    yeah, I tend to keep up-to-date on forums "Organization is Key" :D

maybe now you'll keep up your side of the Trade ;D

magic88255 wrote: »
    Please do a video of my quest the book of the Dead(NW-DH9ZOZ274), Ill play your quest today (done, see my review in game :P)
    it's a trade :D

I already played your first quest and absolutely loved it! I'll gladly play it again and this time do a 'Video Review' lol you quest was one I actually chose to play after reading about it on "Tsumoro's Thread" 'I love the Evil Dead ip'
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    yipykaye wrote: »
    Played your quest today. Left some notes on the review but wanted to give more detail here.
    Thank you for taking the time to give me detailed feed back :] it's much appreciated.
    I can see that you put alot of thought and effort into the quest. I really liked some of the atmosphere and maps that you used. I couldnt tell what parts you added or what was detail from premade maps which is a good thing.
    Thank you, It's always a nice feeling when someone appreciates something you put so much work into "I'm also happily surprised you chose to play my longest quest, most would just pick the shortest" ;D I tend to use all 1500 details "Except for small interiors" and everything is hand placed and adjusted to fit the environment/ mood I'm trying to create.
    I found that for me personally the quest felt too long.
    That's understandable "It's meant to be an Epic Quest, that's why I made the other campaign"
    I can see what people mean by not knowing who to talk to with so many npc's early on.
    Again, I can understand that opinion, But it's that way on purpose. I wanted it to feel kinda like a murder mystery "But I didn't want to spend half the quest having you figure out what had happened"
    Couple things I didn't like or noticed. After climbing over the fence via the crates I ran toward what looked like a door in the distance but hit an invisible wall instead. Didnt like clicking that to transition when the door was over there.
    Yeah I definitely agree "But I loved that location so I wont be changing it" that wall is actualy placed there by [Cryptic] and I cant move it.
    I also died when looking for the scribe in the end room after the mob spawns and found that when I was running back I didn't even need to kill them I could bypass down to the scribes room. I felt like I should have been made to take my revenge before moving on.
    Yeah, well "I cant please all the people all the time" >D even you mentioned the quest being to long for your taste, so if I forced you to kill all the "trash mobs" it would been even longer ;p

Inspecting thing like the pipe and the book and interacting with a big floating ball instead of the item itself just felt wrong. I know some people might miss the details but sometimes that is the exciting thing about finding a small detail.
    I can understand where your coming from, again tho "others were commenting that the quest lacked direction, so I put those in as bread crumbs" and there is no "Pipe" it's just the invisible Clickie "and my writing to infer the idea of a pipe" ;D
    the bad thing about me skipping some of the dialog with the length I simply didnt know what or why I was doing something.
    There's not much I can do about that ;p its that kind of story...
    I think people who really like the lore behind what they do will really like this quest. Personally I am glad I played it but wouldn't be signing up for it tomorrow for the daily if you know what I mean.
    Again, Understandable. that quest is not meant to be a "Daily" :) and I hope the "Lore" centric players enjoy it
    I was really impressed with some of the atmosheres though.
    Well done.
    Again, Thank you very much XD
    If you want to have a look at mine they are in my sig. Have a good one.
    I'll get to it as soon as possible, and thanks...you too :)
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Played your second quest today. I really enjoyed this one. I would recommend this for anyone looking to do a simple daily.
    Couple of finer points from my playthrough.

I am used to your interact bubbles now but I almost missed some of them as I get in the open and straight to my horse now. Having to stop and dismount slowed the feel a little. I tend to use place markers so that I can continue to ride but get the info in the middle of the screen.

With the wolves they weren't all patrolling which I found strange considering they are tagged as Wandering Pack. Also they tended to be bunched.

Loved the detail you put into the dwarf camp. Appreciate the time you spent. Gave me some motivation to create more atmosphere and detail in my next quest.

Overall good,fun nothing that would tell me not to wanna play this again.
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    edited July 2013
    I tend to use place markers so that I can continue to ride but get the info in the middle of the screen.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of long text popping up in the middle of the screen "It disappears too quickly, and If you were distracted there is no way to reread it"
    the wolves they weren't all patrolling which I found strange considering they are tagged as Wandering Pack. Also they tended to be bunched.
    D< Yeah, they are "Looping Patrols" but for some reason they don't like inclines. So they just randomly stop on small mounds >.< It's been giving me a headache I cant get them to work -_- (They are grouped because they are Patrols, so I cant control their formation)

jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited July 2013
    I think half of the things we see wrong in quests are simply from the limitations in the Foundry. I have had my fair share of strange happenings and I agree sometimes you just can't work them out.
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    visigoth18 wrote: »
    (They are grouped because they are Patrols, so I cant control their formation)

If you change the initial placement in "detail" when you first place the patrol, they should try and retain that formation once they start patrolling.

I used a patrolling wolf-pack in a cave system, as they were originally placed (when I added encounter to the map) they were too wide to get through some of the narrow opening, so I changed their original position to be more "in line" and now they fit through the narrow openings. Its not perfect, by any means, but you can play a little bit with the formation.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.