test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review for Review

Comments

• pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very cool quest! I LOVE the idea of helpers and this has given me an idea for my next quest!
    Awesome use of the mechanics. Top-notch.

Appreciate a review in return. My quests in sig. If you have time for only one, check out the Amulet of the Shining Sun. If you have time for all, all the better :) Each is about 15min long.

Cheers
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • katah1969katah1969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    Silly me... just realized we had already reviewed each other's quests via my thread earlier this weekend. I took your advice and made changes to the lighting so it brighter in those hard to see areas. Also a couple of encounters were set to hard and should not have been. Lots of other changes and bug fixes.

You look pretty busy, but if you find yourself at a point where you have nothing to do maybe take a quick look and see if its any better. Let me know if you need any additional testing with your or if you make and changes/additions.
  • lisaxreinkelisaxreinke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I reviewed your quest.
    Straightforward and clear to follow objectives. Good job.

The only thing I didn't say is one weird bug you might not be able to fix. When I first talk to Cleric Freemore, the blue box was hidden inside his chest, so I couldn't find it well. After I talked to him though, the blue box was up where it was supposed to be. Not sure what that was about.

If you get a chance, review my quest: Populist Animal Revolution
    NW-DBLLB920C

Thank you,
    Lisa
    Play my Quest: Populist Animal Revolution NW-DBLLB920C
  • belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    katah1969 wrote: »
    Silly me... just realized we had already reviewed each other's quests via my thread earlier this weekend. I took your advice and made changes to the lighting so it brighter in those hard to see areas. Also a couple of encounters were set to hard and should not have been. Lots of other changes and bug fixes.

You look pretty busy, but if you find yourself at a point where you have nothing to do maybe take a quick look and see if its any better. Let me know if you need any additional testing with your or if you make and changes/additions.

Yeah I remember running your quest. I'll run it again to check out the changes, but probably won't be until this weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:
    The Eternal Light NW-DO335J3SZ D.F.E.
    Revenge Of The Companions NW-DMHJNCEY5

Campaign:
    The Light In The Darkness NWS-DJIAO4D3J
    An Unlikely Hero NW-DCFZNQZLR D.F.E.
    The Puppet Master NW-DM8BI99QJ D.F.E.
  • ravenspire1ravenspire1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will review when I get a chance later tonight. My quest is in my signature.
    Campaign: Right Place, Right Time: NWS-DHFZYUPJS
    Chapter 1: Message Delivery: NW-DA3XAVZ9W
  • belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    pavvo wrote: »
    Very cool quest! I LOVE the idea of helpers and this has given me an idea for my next quest!

Appreciate a review in return. My quests in sig. If you have time for only one, check out the Amulet of the Shining Sun. If you have time for all, all the better :) Each is about 15min long.

Cheers

I have put you on my list to be reviewed. I only get a couple hours a night to review, so I'll make every effort to get it done tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • ravenspire1ravenspire1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Interesting mechanic of having guards with the player... my first time encountering it
    Maybe some webs where the spiderlings are hiding
    When I picked up the candelabra and went out the nearby door the quest ended and brought me to protectors enclave... it did not finish and the quest is no longer in my log.
    Is there something wrong or did I do something wrong?
    Campaign: Right Place, Right Time: NWS-DHFZYUPJS
    Chapter 1: Message Delivery: NW-DA3XAVZ9W
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Played the quest, unfortunately the "review" screen did not come up at the end. It is very annoying when that happens in this game.

Pretty solid, I did enjoy the addition of the group of eager "helpers" quite a bit. A nice feeling to head to battle with some backup for a change! That last battle was quite difficult, but it's nice to face a challenge every now and then. Could use a little beefing up in the story department but I definitely enjoyed the quest overall. Nice level design as well.

One thing, the cleric (in the opening convo) says "and it is in 'dager'", just danger mis-spelled.

Mine is a short comedy, hopefully you can check it out. (link above & in sig)

When that happens (or you move so it disappears before you can write your review) just type /ugcshowreviewgen and hit enter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
    edited June 2013
    Interesting mechanic of having guards with the player... my first time encountering it
    Maybe some webs where the spiderlings are hiding
    When I picked up the candelabra and went out the nearby door the quest ended and brought me to protectors enclave... it did not finish and the quest is no longer in my log.
    Is there something wrong or did I do something wrong?

I think it is some kind of PE Foundry bug. I am going to edit the map and put the NPC and treasure chest in the final room.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you (and your wife) finds the time, please look at my latest quest.

--

A Tale of Two Cities - When All Is Said And Done...

by @sourcreamking

SHORT CODE: NW-DEV9KF4R7

Mission Type: RP, Lore, riddles, exploration, fighting

Average Duration: 25 minutes Amount of Combat: Differs. Combat based on wrong answers...

Starts at: Cemetery Outskirts (Overworld Map)

MISSION SUMMARY:

A guard runs over to you with a note in his hand. Exhausted he tells you a small boy is hiding in the outskirts of the cemetery, waiting for you . He hands you the note and says the boy told him to give it to you. You soon get the boys name - Andreas, and understand there must be something gravely wrong for him to be hiding so far from home. You gear up and get ready to find him, but before you go you read the note given to you by the guard...

"In the mist of the shadows
    by the river of the fog-palace
    Two great spears
    and a flag of dominion and hate"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • kinettakinetta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Throwing my quest out here and I'll start reviewing some of quests in this thread.

The Vault of Sorrow
    NW-DSTD2TUU3

Summary:
    A pleasant day wandering the streets of Neverwinter is interrupted when a courier delivers a letter containing an urgent plea.

A woman named Fenna Greenwood seems desperate for your aid and asks you to meet her at the Dusty Road Inn, just outside of Neverwinter.
  • meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    belberk wrote: »
    Quests Reviewed

meysa - NW-DEH6FU5KB - 5/5 stars (1 review)

IF you would be so kind as to rereview my newly updated quest, I would be most appreciative. :-)
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
    edited June 2013
    Review for The Eternal Light

A good quest, I liked it. I used the NPC help and I think they may be helping a bit too much :)

A few typos I found:

Cleric Freemore
    "Interseted"
    "Dager"

Xu'Nari
    "Discrase"
    "Trechery"
    edited June 2013
    Reviewed A Tale of Two Cities - When All is Said and Done

I liked this quest, especially the riddles. Ignore what I said about not knowing who anyone was. I totally missed that this was part of a campaign. I didn't mark you down for that anyway.
    edited June 2013
    pavvo wrote: »

Cheers

I did like your story, but i think i would need to run your other quests to get the "whole" story. You thoughtfully used the game mechanics and had nice map transitions. The only thing I would say to change (and it is not a big deal because the room is so small) is make the path to your NPC conversations in your Sanctum map point instead of area. Good Job 4/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited June 2013
    I reviewed your quest.
    Straightforward and clear to follow objectives. Good job.

The only thing I didn't say is one weird bug you might not be able to fix. When I first talk to Cleric Freemore, the blue box was hidden inside his chest, so I couldn't find it well. After I talked to him though, the blue box was up where it was supposed to be. Not sure what that was about.

If you get a chance, review my quest: Populist Animal Revolution
    NW-DBLLB920C

Thank you,
    Lisa

I can do cute...I can do silly....Heck! I can do cute and silly, but in small doses. This quest was a bit long (not by much) for my cute and silly limit. It was a good story (considering) and I did very much like the use of the decor. A really nice effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited June 2013
    vaelic wrote: »
    tagging post. my quest is in my sig :)

I liked the maps and even though it was a light story, you delivered the main thought behind your quest. The combat was balanced. Good effort!

Please review my quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • lisaxreinkelisaxreinke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the review. I may shorten my quest. It is running a bit longer than I intended it to. I just wanted to hit the Daily Foundry goal.
    Play my Quest: Populist Animal Revolution NW-DBLLB920C
    edited June 2013
    I know the feeling. If all the dialog is read in my quest it would take about 16-17 minutes to complete, but I think some are punching through it because now the average time dropped to 14 min.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello, I've gone over your quest. It's a fine hack n' slash type of quest, friendly NPC were helpful while solo (except the last fight where they managed to pull everything in the room at once :D), 5 stars

There were two typos in the cleric's dialogue, nothing major, but I will put them down:
    "the frustration obvious on cleric's face" - I think it should be "frustration IS obvious"
    unmistakable is spelled without 'e'
    Also, meeting the duargar, the dialogue says I press my weapon against his neck... that's quite an interesting image with my wizard's orb :D

My quest is in the sig, I would be glad if you reviewed it as well. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
    edited June 2013
    Added to my "to-do" list! Looks awesome. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
    edited June 2013
    belberk wrote: »
    I think it is some kind of PE Foundry bug. I am going to edit the map and put the NPC and treasure chest in the final room.

I placed the NPC and treasure chest in the final room. I have added your quest to my review list. I'll try to run this evening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • caustic8caustic8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    I'll check this out tonight. After all the great feedback you've already received I'm not sure what I can add... but I'll try. I know your list is long, but if you don't mind checking mine out also... at some point. It takes about 20ish minutes.

Code: NW-DA8O42CFF
    Title: A Short Dig
    A Short Dig - NW-DA8O42CFF
  • ohforfssakeohforfssake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll give yours a look! Here's mine (it's the first I've attempted, so be gentle!)

Code: NW-DB4ZMOH4K
    Name: Voices in the Dark

Thanks!

*Edit: Played and reviewed yours, left a comment.
  • caustic8caustic8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    Uncanny, both of our quests have the same antagonists. It went pretty quickly and I enjoyed it so much I played it twice. Once with NPCs and once without. The NPCs were a really nice touch. Good story too. Thanks for making it.
    A Short Dig - NW-DA8O42CFF
    edited June 2013
    caustic8 wrote: »
    Uncanny, both of our quests have the same antagonists. It went pretty quickly and I enjoyed it so much I played it twice. Once with NPCs and once without. The NPCs were a really nice touch. Good story too. Thanks for making it.

Thank you for the review. I look forward to playing your quest. I have added you to my list of quests to be reviewed and will make every effort to get to it tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited June 2013
    If you (and your wife) finds the time, please look at my latest quest.

--

A Tale of Two Cities - When All Is Said And Done...

by @sourcreamking

SHORT CODE: NW-DEV9KF4R7

Mission Type: RP, Lore, riddles, exploration, fighting

Average Duration: 25 minutes Amount of Combat: Differs. Combat based on wrong answers...

Starts at: Cemetery Outskirts (Overworld Map)

MISSION SUMMARY:

A guard runs over to you with a note in his hand. Exhausted he tells you a small boy is hiding in the outskirts of the cemetery, waiting for you . He hands you the note and says the boy told him to give it to you. You soon get the boys name - Andreas, and understand there must be something gravely wrong for him to be hiding so far from home. You gear up and get ready to find him, but before you go you read the note given to you by the guard...

"In the mist of the shadows
    by the river of the fog-palace
    Two great spears
    and a flag of dominion and hate"

Great quest. I really like the riddles and the flow was nice and smooth. 5/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited June 2013
    caustic8 wrote: »
    I'll check this out tonight. After all the great feedback you've already received I'm not sure what I can add... but I'll try. I know your list is long, but if you don't mind checking mine out also... at some point. It takes about 20ish minutes.

Code: NW-DA8O42CFF
    Title: A Short Dig

I liked the flow of the quest and the content of the story, but I thought is was a bit too long, Overall very well done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited June 2013
    I'll give yours a look! Here's mine (it's the first I've attempted, so be gentle!)

Code: NW-DB4ZMOH4K
    Name: Voices in the Dark

Thanks!

*Edit: Played and reviewed yours, left a comment.

It really wasn't a bad effort. The flow was a little weak, but i can see the potential for a good story. It just seemed a bit scattered. A really good start though. Once you put the story together I think it will flow much nicer. 3/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • veratioveratio Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In my queue! :) Please check out mine in my sig.
    Please review my quest!:
    Zanaver's Rod (NW-DQUECIOMN)