What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

They hate DPS guardian

Comments

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kidbs - I'm lazy please post the (2) weapons in question stats and we'll do the math to see which does the most damage by math.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    STRVlqn.jpg
    dkcandy wrote: »
    kidbs - I'm lazy please post the (2) weapons in question stats and we'll do the math to see which does the most damage by math.
    Bigger
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Envy.

Really we are comparing a DPS weapon vs. a Tanking weapon?

Sickle mathematically looks to be slightly ahead because of CRT & AP.

But the 2 set bonus is a plus. :D I would still sell the weapon for AD and buy the Sickle and equip a DPS shield!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    90 AP is about 1% Damage Increase when your AP is around 2k
    225 Crt is about 2% CRT Rating Increase - So that's 2*75 = 1.5% Damage increase

So lets say 2.5% Damage Increase from base.

The 2 weapons are very close in damage to each other.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited May 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    90 AP is about 1% Damage Increase when your AP is around 2k
    225 Crt is about 2% CRT Rating Increase - So that's 2*75 = 1.5% Damage increase

So lets say 2.5% Damage Increase from base.

The 2 weapons are very close in damage to each other.

Yes they are close, and the scimitar is undoubtedly a whole lot cheaper and easier to get. I was fortunate enough to get one on my CW during a CN run and just gave it to my GF instead of selling it. I'm finding the damage to be higher in actual dummy tests.

Regardless Envy, stop being such a ******bag to posters who dispute your "pro" knowledge. You're also the same person who thinks that GFs can outdps CWs when that's impossible given the current set of T2 dungeons. You've given some good advice to people but I've learned to take everything that you say with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    Yes they are close, and the scimitar is undoubtedly a whole lot cheaper and easier to get. I was fortunate enough to get one on my CW during a CN run and just gave it to my GF instead of selling it. I'm finding the damage to be higher in actual dummy tests.

Regardless Envy, stop being such a ******bag to posters who dispute your "pro" knowledge. You're also the same person who thinks that GFs can outdps CWs when that's impossible given the current set of T2 dungeons. You've given some good advice to people but I've learned to take everything that you say with a grain of salt.

It's not that hard to outdps most CW's with a stalwart set depending on the dungeon.

I figured out a while ago that the castle sword isn't as bad and probably edges out ahead of the scimitar just on the weapon damage. You really don't need to flame Envy though, most people already know that he's just a mediocre GF.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The 20 bonus base damage from CN sword doesn't outweigh the crit/arpen/recovery you get from Scimitar. This isn't a guess, I've literally used both. If you look at my SS I used the CN sword as a remodel for my scimitar because it wasn't as good.

I know GFs can stomp CWs in damage. Ask any of the well known GFs and they'll tell you the same.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    ordenstrappierordenstrappier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

ancient has + def, reg, and deflect so i guess not much dmg compared to a +pow and +crit
    JON SNOW - LVL 60 Guardian Fighter - Dragon
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 20 bonus base damage from CN sword doesn't outweigh the crit/arpen/recovery you get from Scimitar. This isn't a guess, I've literally used both. If you look at my SS I used the CN sword as a remodel for my scimitar because it wasn't as good.

I know GFs can stomp CWs in damage. Ask any of the well known GFs and they'll tell you the same.

If we use our immune daily we can probably 4-5 shot a well geared CW easy. I 3-4 shot CWs very often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If we use our immune daily we can probably 4-5 shot a well geared CW easy. I 3-4 shot CWs very often.

Zzz Knight's Challenge imbued Lunging Strike + Bull Charge = 2 shot

Youtube Channel

• Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited May 2013

Lol just like you know stats are all that matter in how much damage you do... You may have fooled some people into thinking you know what you are talking about but intelligent people know you're nothing more than hot air. Look man, I know GFs rock in pvp and they can do some pretty good PvE damage, but there is no mathematical way that the AoE damage that a GF can put out can outdps a CW. A CWs shield explosion alone makes that impossible for you. On my CW my shield explodes for 16k crits and it can hit an unlimited number of mobs.... read that again... UNLIMITED. Sudden Storm also hits an unlimited number of mobs in it's cone.

You may have "outdps'd" CWs by using the old bugged set bonus, but there is no way in hell that you can beat a competent one now. I play both classes, I know what their strengths and weaknesses are unlike you.

As far as pvp is concerned, I beat CWs on my GF and I beat GFs on my CW. It's comes down to the player and again, I know what to expect from both classes so I know what to look out for.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea competing with strong CW is not really a thing we can do..

My guardian has 14.6k gs, greater plaguefire, 15k+ power, 1k+ crit/ap, maxxed ion stone.. the works pretty much.

Wizards in my guild aren't nearly as geared, but yea they make me look pretty bad. I mean yea single target where i can get hit plenty to stack stalwart, sure i can win.. But good wizards never let me get hit to have a chance to win lol, plus they simply have better AOE potential due to being able to stack mobs and blow them up at will.

And I won't mention our rogues.. 4x my dps .... argh. (just the best ones, ive out damaged average bad/average rogues)

But yea dps guardian is very strong in pvp. Not a rogue killing machine, but I don't know a single other class that stands much of a chance against me in 1v1... Our knockdown combos plus high survivability make us monsters in 1v1.. Though in groups, not as much due to our more limited burst potential.

re: Best wep:
    Timeless hero imo. Though getting that thing now they've fixed the bug is mad difficult.. (anyone got one legit/non AH? eg: Beat the insanity that is epic dread vaults final boss).
    Brutal 2nd (Only wep with crit and ap makes up for its T1 base dmg)

CN sword can die in a fire. Going defensive on a guardian is just a mistake atm, as we lack the ability to ever agro enough monsters at once to need to go defensive.
    Also have the CN shield, but not using it - timeless hero again wins here (and that shields easy to get, I have em 4 of em).

Set armor for pvp burst vs noobs:
    Valiant wins. Timeless hero's too situational and luck dependant, valiant just plain works and makes you hit hard.
    Stalwart wins hands down in pve, always and forever.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Lol just like you know stats are all that matter in how much damage you do... You may have fooled some people into thinking you know what you are talking about but intelligent people know you're nothing more than hot air. Look man, I know GFs rock in pvp and they can do some pretty good PvE damage, but there is no mathematical way that the AoE damage that a GF can put out can outdps a CW. A CWs shield explosion alone makes that impossible for you. On my CW my shield explodes for 16k crits and it can hit an unlimited number of mobs.... read that again... UNLIMITED. Sudden Storm also hits an unlimited number of mobs in it's cone.

You may have "outdps'd" CWs by using the old bugged set bonus, but there is no way in hell that you can beat a competent one now. I play both classes, I know what their strengths and weaknesses are unlike you.

As far as pvp is concerned, I beat CWs on my GF and I beat GFs on my CW. It's comes down to the player and again, I know what to expect from both classes so I know what to look out for.

Actually, you're an idiot. Because GFs do outdps CWs by quite a bit, even top geared GWFs can outdps CWs. I play with the best CWs in the server, just saying.
  • Options
    sinthraxxsinthraxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any caster that allow melee classes reach them = death. Its like that, and it should be that way.

There's an important piece between the character and the computer: YOU. That matters. A LOT. It's PVP, nothing else to say.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Yea competing with strong CW is not really a thing we can do..

My guardian has 14.6k gs, greater plaguefire, 15k+ power, 1k+ crit/ap, maxxed ion stone.. the works pretty much.

Wizards in my guild aren't nearly as geared, but yea they make me look pretty bad. I mean yea single target where i can get hit plenty to stack stalwart, sure i can win.. But good wizards never let me get hit to have a chance to win lol, plus they simply have better AOE potential due to being able to stack mobs and blow them up at will.

And I won't mention our rogues.. 4x my dps .... argh. (just the best ones, ive out damaged average bad/average rogues)

But yea dps guardian is very strong in pvp. Not a rogue killing machine, but I don't know a single other class that stands much of a chance against me in 1v1... Our knockdown combos plus high survivability make us monsters in 1v1.. Though in groups, not as much due to our more limited burst potential.

re: Best wep:
    Timeless hero imo. Though getting that thing now they've fixed the bug is mad difficult.. (anyone got one legit/non AH? eg: Beat the insanity that is epic dread vaults final boss).
    Brutal 2nd (Only wep with crit and ap makes up for its T1 base dmg)

CN sword can die in a fire. Going defensive on a guardian is just a mistake atm, as we lack the ability to ever agro enough monsters at once to need to go defensive.
    Also have the CN shield, but not using it - timeless hero again wins here (and that shields easy to get, I have em 4 of em).

Set armor for pvp burst vs noobs:
    Valiant wins. Timeless hero's too situational and luck dependant, valiant just plain works and makes you hit hard.
    Stalwart wins hands down in pve, always and forever.

Timeless Hero isn't luck. Luck would be a variable outside of your control. You control whether or not you have stacks. If you're actually fighting vs a group it's extremely easy to tag 3 with Frontline Surge and have full stacks. Your cooldowns are low enough to keep all 3 stacks up so long as there are people around to hit.

Also, for above poster. CWs can't outdps GF. Take your "mathematically impossible" BS outta here. Literally every high end GF would vouch for it.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Actually, you're an idiot. Because GFs do outdps CWs by quite a bit, even top geared GWFs can outdps CWs. I play with the best CWs in the server, just saying.

Because you're run with some derp CWs in the past you're going to make a statement like this. I've already explained how it's impossible to ever beat a CW that knows what he is doing. There is nothing that a GF has in their arsenal to compete. GFs can only hit at most 5 mobs with their AoEs even in the best of situations. CWs have attacks that can hit an unlimited number of mobs and their AoEs hit harder.

Hyperbole versus straight facts here.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Timeless Hero isn't luck. Luck would be a variable outside of your control. You control whether or not you have stacks. If you're actually fighting vs a group it's extremely easy to tag 3 with Frontline Surge and have full stacks. Your cooldowns are low enough to keep all 3 stacks up so long as there are people around to hit.

Also, for above poster. CWs can't outdps GF. Take your "mathematically impossible" BS outta here. Literally every high end GF would vouch for it.

I'm play both a high-end GF and CW, I can vouch that you've been playing with baddie CWs. Any serious CW or anyone that plays both classes is laughing at you right now. You would rather stick to numbers that you made with a bugged set bonus and live in some fantasy world. Stick to pvp buddy because you obviously don't deal in true facts or data.
  • Options
    budrik1budrik1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a DPS Guardian as an Alt, (Cleric Main) and all I have to say is, rock on brotha'.
    Keep makin' em mad.
    "Pugs are like Saturday Night Live Sketches.
    Most of em' are awful, some of em are decent, and a few are pretty good."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Because you're run with some derp CWs in the past you're going to make a statement like this. I've already explained how it's impossible to ever beat a CW that knows what he is doing. There is nothing that a GF has in their arsenal to compete. GFs can only hit at most 5 mobs with their AoEs even in the best of situations. CWs have attacks that can hit an unlimited number of mobs and their AoEs hit harder.

Hyperbole versus straight facts here.

You didn't explain anything. All you said is a skill that you have with a long cooldown can sometimes crit for 16k. So what? Your at-will damage is a joke compared to ours. Our cleave alone can put out over 40k+ DPS. What are you going to do in between cooldowns, tickle a mob with magic missile?

You keep saying anyone whos intelligent or high end would laugh at me yet Sanctum who is one of the leading figures in DPS guardian, and would love any chance to laugh at me, agrees that GF has superior DPS.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    Who cares how much damage GFs or CWs do? They're both support classes. Unfortunately black holes per second and ap gain contributions don't have their own meter. Which class wins on DPS will entirely depend on which player is more concerned about the meters. Stacking as many AOE abilities as possible and making people wait for you to swap skills before boss encounters does not constitute good play.

I don't understand why anyone is talking about 'top players' either, this game literally has something like 6 buttons per class. My pet in wow had 6 buttons. This game doesn't actually take that much skill unfortunately. The only real complex element to this game is correctly gearing/skilling your character, something that escapes the vast majority of 'good players'.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    Stacking as many AOE abilities as possible and making people wait for you to swap skills before boss encounters does not constitute good play.

...if you DON'T use separate abilities for trash and boss, that makes you bad. Switching abilities DOES constitute good play. I'm beginning to lose faith in the people who play this game.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    ...if you DON'T use separate abilities for trash and boss, that makes you bad. Switching abilities DOES constitute good play. I'm beginning to lose faith in the people who play this game.

I specifically stated that making the group wait is bad. I'm beginning to lose faith in your reading comprehension.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I specifically stated that making the group wait is bad. I'm beginning to lose faith in your reading comprehension.

Wow the whole 5 seconds it takes to change skills must really slow down your dungeon runs. /s

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    You didn't explain anything. All you said is a skill that you have with a long cooldown can sometimes crit for 16k. So what? Your at-will damage is a joke compared to ours. Our cleave alone can put out over 40k+ DPS. What are you going to do in between cooldowns, tickle a mob with magic missile?

You keep saying anyone whos intelligent or high end would laugh at me yet Sanctum who is one of the leading figures in DPS guardian, and would love any chance to laugh at me, agrees that GF has superior DPS.

You've proven yet again that you don't know squat about CWs or their abilities. On my CW I constantly have an AoE At-will ability to use (Ice Shard, Steal Time, Sudden Storm, Shield). All of my encounter abilities have a shorter cooldown than a GFs (shield only has a 12 second cooldown and hits unlimited mobs as I've said... 16k per mob against 10+ mobs.... try and beat that). Steal Time and Ice Shard both crit for 16k+ as well and have short cooldowns. Heck Sudden Storm only has a 6 second cooldown for me and will hit unlimited targets in it's cone.

With a rogue in party I have a 45% crit chance so I'm critting on almost half of my attacks, so it's not some freak occurrence when I get those numbers. As for your magic missile comment, against a single target magic missile's dps is higher than cleave.

I don't know why I'm even bothering you b/c you're basing all of your assessments off of your own observations of fail CWs rather than actual numbers or knowledge of what both classes are capable of. You keep forgetting that I too play a GF so I'm well aware of what GF damage is like in even the most optimal conditions. It can't even touch a CW. You've probably been playing with CWs that don't know how to juggle their Shield pop and Singularity.

Live in ignorance if you want. I'm done trying to explain simple mechanics and math to a numbskull.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    All of my encounter abilities have a shorter cooldown than a GFs

And that's how I know you don't play GF.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Wow the whole 5 seconds it takes to change skills must really slow down your dungeon runs. /s

It's part of the broken attitude. If you want fast CN runs you are not looking for who is doing the most damage, but how much synergy you can abuse in terms of set bonuses and specific abilities. Making people wait for you to change abilities (I have seen it) is more of the same.
    And that's how I know you don't play GF.

CW do have shorter encounter cooldowns. I regularly clear CN on both classes. CW is a recovery heavy class that actively slots two ~6 second abilities, and generally uses low 6-8s cooldown abilities in the other slots (exception is Steal Time). GF has.. Lunging Strike?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's part of the broken attitude. If you want fast CN runs you are not looking for who is doing the most damage, but how much synergy you can abuse in terms of set bonuses and specific abilities. Making people wait for you to change abilities (I have seen it) is more of the same.

CW do have shorter encounter cooldowns. I regularly clear CN on both classes. CW is a recovery heavy class that actively slots two ~6 second abilities, and generally uses low 6-8s cooldown abilities in the other slots (exception is Steal Time). GF has.. Lunging Strike?

Don't bother with this guy anymore. He's obviously a child who doesn't understand anything about the other classes in this game and has allowed his guide that has gotten him some attention to overinflate his head. Stick to what you know and stop pretending to know more than you do. It's not helping anyone.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The luck part is the fact it boosts your crit, and for crit to help you at all, you have to roll into your X%.

And not saying its a bad set, its a good pvp set. Just think valiant may be better, I dunno for sure, havent completed my timeless hero set yet to compare them both, but I destroy ppl FAST with valiant debuff.

And please don't quote me and then try to put words in my mouth. I never used the word "mathematically" at all, and agree that word is BS.

Real ingame experience > math any day. And i've seen ur videos, I know you have some experience. I just don't believe you've seen that many great CWs yet.

95% of wizards don't stand a chance against my dps.
    The other 5%?
    I recruit them into my guild. They make me look bad, I pay them well to do that. Wizards can do serious dps, its just hard much like it is for guardians...
    Besides, both are miles behind rogues it's not even funny.

And personally, I believe CWs are better spec'd for , well control - which has to sacrifice some DPS potential to be the best at CC. The dps spec ones are better for pvp tho.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    ordenstrappierordenstrappier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'm playing a GF with main focus on recov and pow and I would like to disagree with the CD facts you're laying down here, my LS has 6s CD and bull charge 8s, I usually get scolded in pvp cause i spam my charging attacks a lot like the threatening rush which has literally 0s cooldown.

I play with Lunging Strike(6s CD) > Frontline Surge(15s CD) > Threatening Rush(0s CD) > Cleave(0s CD) > Bull Charge(8s CD). The whole process takes about 10+ seconds and with the SC feat, prone effect is lengthened, heightening the immobility of target so this gives my gf build time to cleave a little more and CD before using the next prone skill. Considering my set isn't complete yet, It is possible that my CD decrease by 1-2 seconds so my build would be a tough challenger in pvp.
    JON SNOW - LVL 60 Guardian Fighter - Dragon
  • Options
    balanorzbalanorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    all i see is your stats are garbage and if you go in a pve setting you are worthless. you would do poor damage and o threat you really need to rethink yes having your shield up in pvp is nice but you loose all your power every hit.and with 0 ap well good luck with that. the people that complain about you are sooo bad it wouldn't matter what your class is they would get destroyed.so thanks for nothing.