What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

They hate DPS guardian

ordenstrappierordenstrappier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Ok, i know you guys get this sometimes too
1.png
idk how to even explain to people that DPS tank is not just very low DPS type but a very strong 1 v 1 contender against all types of classes. I hope people outside the world of DPS tanking are well informed that our type is not to be mistaken to be "a hack" or "a cheat" but rather a new type of build that can step forward against anything squishier and weaker than our type.

So far my setup is not yet complete, i only got three pieces of the timeless set including the gloves which i have yet to wear because of stat bonus of my current equipment.
2.png

to all dps tanks, dont be discouraged by people threatening to report you because your type is unique, instead; choose to fight them until they give up, in this scenario i chose to talk back which was not an intelligent decision. We lost by 1000:700+

Good hunting!
JON SNOW - LVL 60 Guardian Fighter - Dragon
Post edited by ordenstrappier on

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What are you playing on? A watch?
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm building a DPS guardian as well, prioritizing Power, Defense, Recovery and Lifesteal. Only mid-20s so far, but having lots of fun.
  • Options
    athlonppathlonpp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I expected tips, words of encouragement and understanding from you when I saw the title and your name. That was rude, I'm disappointed.
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your screenshots don't really show anything.
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking there might be a better set than Timeless for PvP: Knight captain boots/chest (400 arp 2 set bonus) + Iceborn gauntlets + Shadow Wolf Helm. Stacking Timeless set bonus to 3 is not too practical anyways.

It's 783 ArP, 383 crit, 726 power, 1100 recovery vs 1272 power, 1269 recovery, 0 crit, 0 ArP + set bonus

Basically, 783 ArP, 383 Crit vs 1092 power, 169 recovery and the set bonus.
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    I'm thinking there might be a better set than Timeless for PvP: Knight captain boots/chest (400 arp 2 set bonus) + Iceborn gauntlets + Shadow Wolf Helm. Stacking Timeless set bonus to 3 is not too practical anyways.

You might as well use 2x2 set for another 450 armour pen if you're going to use offset pieces. At the very least high generals instead of knight captains since it has the same stats but T2.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    keobiaa wrote: »
    You might as well use 2x2 set for another 450 armour pen if you're going to use offset pieces.

Ah, high general. Nah, Shadow Wolf + Iceborn would be better for pvp. More crit, more ArP, more power.
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Basically, 783 ArP, 383 Crit vs 1092 power, 169 recovery and the set bonus.

After 1 hit with any encounter the set bonus of Timeless already cancels out the 383 crit by its 450 crit of 1 stack.
    783 ArP vs 1092 power being better? Can't really comment on this.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    After 1 hit with any encounter the set bonus of Timeless already cancels out the 383 crit by its 450 crit of 1 stack.
    783 ArP vs 1092 power being better? Can't really comment on this.

Is this a joke? 783 ArP is a lot more than 1092 power.

1% ArP = 1% dmg
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keobiaa wrote: »
    Your screenshots don't really show anything.

Agreed. Please show us details so I can research and kill you later.
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I 'bout peed myself I laughed so hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to say good job and keep it up. Currently I roll with the timeless set and 5 greater tene enchants with hp ones in defense slots. In all my games I usually come out first with 20+ kills and 20+ assist with minimal deaths.

Last match for example I came up top with 37 kills 6 deaths and 28 assists 5000+ points. People pm all the time asking for build and advice, some even question my damage as I 3-4 shot kill them :)

Yesterday I won a 2 v 1 rogue and gwf vs me I focused the rogue while keeping the gwf at distance then used heal daily when my armor enchant pop (immunity for 4 seconds while under 25% hp) then killed the gwf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    supersaiyansonsupersaiyanson Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    I'm building a DPS guardian as well, prioritizing Power, Defense, Recovery and Lifesteal. Only mid-20s so far, but having lots of fun.

Going to save you the time buddy and tell you you're doing it wrong. You're welcome.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I believe your main priorities are power and recovery for this type of build. With power for main dps and recovery for shorter cd on skills. Envy actually made a guide for this class, I do use this for reference but my build is somewhat different specially in my choice of enchantments. But you got to give this guy a lot of credit for making a wonderful skill guide and as well as a very good choice of equipment (except for that sword which is really bad compared to the Timeless sword and ancient slavemaster for jewelries).
    here's the link to envy's guide:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?166451-Envy-s-DPS-Guardian-Fighter-compendium
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »

Defense and life steal are completely awful :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I believe your main priorities are power and recovery for this type of build. With power for main dps and recovery for shorter cd on skills. Envy actually made a guide for this class, I do use this for reference but my build is somewhat different specially in my choice of enchantments. But you got to give this guy a lot of credit for making a wonderful skill guide and as well as a very good choice of equipment (except for that sword which is really bad compared to the Timeless sword and ancient slavemaster for jewelries).
    here's the link to envy's guide:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?166451-Envy-s-DPS-Guardian-Fighter-compendium

Lizard Scimitar is better than the Timeless sword.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Lizard Scimitar is better than the Timeless sword.

Wrong, it depends on your crit/ArP/recovery values. With top end gear timeless becomes better. For PvP, since you don't have a cat, Scimitar might always be better. Key word: might.

Super "Incorrect Advice Envy" Jeremiah
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wrong, it depends on your crit/ArP/recovery values. With top end gear timeless becomes better. For PvP, since you don't have a cat, Scimitar might always be better. Key word: might.

Super "Incorrect Advice Envy" Jeremiah

The guy very obviously mentions that he's following my build and in particular my equipment and with my gear the Scimitar is better. Why do you continue to embarrass yourself. It's like you follow me and Rokuthy around to feed on the scraps of attention that dropped to the floor.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    weap.png
    this is a picture of the weapon im using

YyTJlrw.png
    this is what you're using

timeless has greater recovery and power but ofc, brutal has its own ups like better critical, so i guess its pretty much on your build, like i said my focus for my build is power and recovery, crit and ap are secondaries
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The guy very obviously mentions that he's following my build and in particular my equipment and with my gear the Scimitar is better. Why do you continue to embarrass yourself. It's like you follow me and Rokuthy around to feed on the scraps of attention that dropped to the floor.

Actually, I just don't like the fact that you give advice that you pull out of your *** and claim that it's 100% correct.

And timeless + jewelry you pick gives an insane amount of crit, so timeless sword could be better, idiot. I only post on Rokuthy's thread to help people considering we're on at pretty different times.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited May 2013
    The CN sword is better than both. The scimitar isn't best in slot.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

My pen is still bigger. ;)

Just ignore the trolls and don't feed them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    The CN sword is better than both. The scimitar isn't best in slot.

The CN sword is worse than both Scimitar and Timeless. GG.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CN Sword is better... for auctioning off for money. I will agree there. Otherwise, the minimal weapon damage, and irrelevant bad stats you 'gain' from equipping it don't balance out having a sword that actually increases your ability to do damage.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wait... There are different weapons in this game? I've been using the same sword since I found it in a box when I washed up to shore. OMG who knew!
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited May 2013
    The CN sword is worse than both Scimitar and Timeless. GG.

Actually weapon damage is the biggest modifier to your damage regardless of stats. You actually think that the stats on the scimitar outweigh the weapon damage? You'd be wrong. This has been discussed in other threads. GG back to ya.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You'd be wrong.

No you'd be wrong!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually weapon damage is the biggest modifier to your damage regardless of stats. You actually think that the stats on the scimitar outweigh the weapon damage? You'd be wrong. This has been discussed in other threads. GG back to ya.

You're an idiot.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    You're an idiot.

That's not nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're an idiot.

You're a immature fool that doesn't understand that ~200 damage and the crit + armor pen stats do not equal a bigger percentage damage increase than the actual weapon damage from the CN sword. Since you're such a GF <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I'm sure that you've actually tested both swords to confirm this like I have. There is a good 70-100 damage difference for each cleave strike in my personal tests.

You've allowed your little e-fame of your DPS guide to over inflate your sense of importance and your supposed knowledge of all things Neverwinter. Toolbags like you should stay in WoW.