test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Things I refuse to do in Neverwinter

jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Some things I absolutely refuse to do going forward in this game:

Dailies
Daily invoking on each alt
Leveling professions on my alts (main only)
Buying cash shop items not on sale (sales coming soon)

I really enjoy this game, but what I enjoy most is PLAYING IT. I really can't be bothered with all the little AD chores. I just budget $15-20 a month in zen and buy AD as I need it. I enjoy all forms of PVE & PVP and don't ever want to feel like I HAVE TO be playing. As far as I am concerned, Rhix can kiss my butt.
Post edited by jpnole on

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ok!

/10char
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jpnole wrote: »

Hmm. Easy, free stuff. Especially the Invoke.

Eh, whatever. :)
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'll do these, because it literally takes less than 2 minutes a day, since I want to keep stockpiling ardents/celestials, enjoy the GAME just as much as you, WITHOUT having to budget anything/month.

Isn't it fun being a special little snowflake?
  • Options
    fangdenhutfangdenhut Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Things I fuse in Neverwinter: shards

haha you get this one guys?
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ctrl-I once an hour whenever you run past the numerous campfires is a chore? That's ok, more Angel companions for the rest of us!
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Ctrl-I once an hour whenever you run past the numerous campfires is a chore? That's ok, more Angel companions for the rest of us!

Just another typical forum goer #281463746 complaining about 'issue' #83476784657
  • Options
    selekinselekin Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fangdenhut wrote: »
    Things I fuse in Neverwinter: shards

haha you get this one guys?

Omg my sides
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ctrl-I once an hour whenever you run past the numerous campfires is a chore? That's ok, more DEAD Angel companions for the rest of us!

I fixed that for u, considering how aggro works in this game.
    Your welcome.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I pretty much quit the ' dailies ' when I got to level 25 and was out leveling the content doing them . Now that I am 60 the only one I do is foundry , mainly because I am going to do them anyways . Also you can get them by pressing ' L ' , you don't actualy have to go see the little kobald .
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    I fixed that for u, considering how aggro works in this game. Your welcome.

By next April I'm sure that would have been addressed. One can hope, anyway!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    By next April I'm sure that would have been addressed. One can hope, anyway!

Dunno if you guys read the tooltips but the angel blows.

Just sayin'
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Yes not a problem if I am playing that character. I am not going to get caught up in making sure each alt prays on a daily basis though. Between dungeon drops and purchased zen, I can have all the AD I need without the annoying Rhix chores.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes not a problem if I am playing that character. I am not going to get caught up in making sure each alt prays on a daily basis though. Between dungeon drops and purchased zen, I can have all the AD I need without the annoying Rhix chores.

So you have nothing consructive to say on how these things could be changed to make them more fun? Just want to state that you hate them and buy AD/Zen? Congratz Im sure you're the only one who does this monumental task!
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I tend to invoke before I go kill stuff anyway for the little bit of buff whatever boon I get might give me. As for foundry dailies. I didn't really start til I hit 60 since besides dungeons it's the only content left to play anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like you just need to learn how to play.

Do u offer services? Else i wil let u train my angel.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would actually enjoy the dailies if the foundry and pvp didn't need 4 of them. The dungeon daily i would get done just by normally playing if they'd fix it to be any lvl 60 dungeon instead of the non-epic Dread Vault only.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The dungeon daily i would get done just by normally playing if they'd fix it to be any lvl 60 dungeon instead of the non-epic Dread Vault only.

Agreed on that....Dread Vault lvl 60 once is bad enough but Dread Vault over and over and over again? NTYVM....
  • Options
    rologtonrologton Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad we had this talk.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So you have nothing consructive to say on how these things could be changed to make them more fun? Just want to state that you hate them and buy AD/Zen? Congratz Im sure you're the only one who does this monumental task!

It's all designed to keep players logged in for long periods doing menial tasks for little reward - it's working as intended and most certainly won't be changed. Offering more AD rewards for less dailies would cut into their bottom line.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't treat video games like a job, so I do whatever I feel like. Some days I do the dailies on some characters, some days I don't. I don't enjoy PvP in its current state, so I don't do it at 60. I do enjoy Foundry Quests, so I often get that daily done. I see little necessity for any hard rules.

I do invoke once a day on my eight toons, usually while having my morning coffee. That requires little time and is also a good opportunity to set up profession tasks for the day.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I would actually enjoy the dailies if the foundry and pvp didn't need 4 of them. The dungeon daily i would get done just by normally playing if they'd fix it to be any lvl 60 dungeon instead of the non-epic Dread Vault only.

Pretty much. I don't mind the PvP ones since if you're really good, or really bad, the match will be over in 7 minutes. I've stopped doing the Foundry ones.. Sorry Foundry authors! Maybe if it was 8k for the 4 I'd consider it. I've just ran into too many frustrating ones and the ones I do like I can't do over and over since they get boring.

I also don't bother with the daily dungeon since Dread Vault isn't very exciting. And for whatever reason at 60 I don't have the daily skirmishes available but even if I did I couldn't see doing the Aberrant one repeatedly.

They definitely need to work on adding more variety for Level 60 people and hopefully that will happen soon.
  • Options
    pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like you just need to learn how to play.

no it sounds like he needs to learn the difference between your and you're...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Simple fixes to daily's at lvl 60 would be,

Any epic dungeon wil grant u the reward?
    All skirmishes can be qeued at lvl 60 for a lvl 60 version?
    (smashing ogres that are lvl 60? YES PLEASE :d)

The foundry i am not sure about that, because it is very designer/player oriented the reward could be buffed i supose? But i would think thats the wrong aprouch on this one, i think a more elegant solution would be to give the daily quest 4x a day at less AD if completed. That way u could do one if u desired to, more if u also desired this? Like i mentioned its very player oriented, the person doing a foundry that he thought was wel designed, would be glad to complete it. On the other hand somebody that just did a borring/bad designed one would be bummed out for that day to do other foundry's imo :p
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    no it sounds like he needs to learn the difference between your and you're...

sounds to me like u should drop the arogance/ignorance and accept this is an international game.
  • Options
    ehraehra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Doing a single invocation every day on all of my characters takes less than a minute, and in return I get AD and coins out of it. I really don't understand adamantly refusing to do it, it most likely takes less time to do than it did for you to open your browser, get on the forums, and make this thread. As for professions, I handle it all through the gateway so it's really easy. Every few hours I open a browser, queue up some tasks, and get some free AD out of it without having to disrupt either my game time or whatever else I'm doing. At the very least you can queue up some 6-8 hour leadership tasks before you go to sleep and collect them once you log in the next day.

Dailies I agree that some of them are too repetitive. I definitely don't do all of them every day, and those I only ever do on one character anyway. I'm not going to spend all day doing dailies on every alt.
  • Options
    nibbnibbnibbnibb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oddly enough, I'm doing the polar opposite with my Alt.

NOTHING but Professions
    NOTHING but CTRL+I
    NOTHING but Special Events (well up to level 12 that is)
    NOTHING but opening chests of goods earned through Leadership to gain AD.

He's now level 23 and my total play time is probably less than an hour. I do all his professions through the web and log him in VIA remote desktop access while I'm at work to get my two XP earning Blessings in. I don't even level the poor sap anymore. Once I play my Cleric to 60 I'll pick my alt back up and just play Professions with my current main. Sure wish I could get one more character slot for free...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    i think a more elegant solution would be to give the daily quest 4x a day at less AD if completed. That way u could do one if u desired to, more if u also desired this?

While they are called daily quests you don't have to do all 4 in a day. You can do 1 a day if you want so you're free to spread things out if you choose to.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nibbnibb wrote: »
    Sure wish I could get one more character slot for free...

Two character slots for 500z is actually one of the better deals on the cash shop. :p
  • Options
    zarnicuszarnicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Why can't we Invoke on the gateway?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zarnicus wrote: »
    Why can't we Invoke on the gateway?

I wish we could!