test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] Suggestions What to Add/Change in the Foundry.

Comments

• Options
    hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there anything on the table yet to increase the number of quest slots? 10 is a pretty low number, when every quest published is another reason (potentially) for people to play. Also, I'm wondering why we can't respecc up to 60 (with a companion, please!!!) so we can truly test our quests out before they're published. If you want these things to be as good as possible, you need to give us the tools to run proper tests, please.
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have few things I would like to see implemented. Mostly for use in Guild Halls etc. - but some that could be useful elsewhere also.

1) Doors with passwords. Where you have to psysically type in the password to open it.
    2) Doors that you set what Guild Rank you have to be to open. Like "Item Required"... Should be easy.
    3) Personal chests for Guild Halls.
    4) Quests that can only be accepted by members of a certain guild (applicable to Guild Hall "quests")
    5) Bank tellers, vendors/merchants, a few things that makes it worth while to be in a guild...
    6) More pieces for the foundry in general. I miss a note/parchment that looks like it has been nailed to a door/tree/whatever you like, that the player can read.
    7) The possibility to have layers in the foundry. Building blocks/rooms that stack on top of eachother so you can build a tower etc...

I'm sure I'll come up with more when I'm not so tired. As of now I guess wish No.2 & 4 are my top priorities as I am building a Guild Hall and want separate "private" rooms for different ranks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You COULD set up a password... it'd just require a very very big dialog. ;)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Change the asset library encounter search filter located above the crittergroup/difficulty/composition checkbox fields to also parse through the descriptions. If I enter "golem", I'd like to see all encounters involving a golem. If I put in "Brute", likewise with encounters containing a brute type. Or "Elite"....etc. Also notice that if you select ranged you do not get the Artillery types in the mixed groups. Entering "Artillery" in the modified search field would get ALL artillery types.
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • Options
    meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    There should be an option to automatically, warp an object to follow the terrain. (Example: I recently places some barricades on some hilly terrain. I could go into 3D edit mode and adjust all the barricades up and down, but to make them look like they aren't floating, I have to bury large portions of the barricades, which makes them far less imposing.)
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jaggeropth wrote: »
    Also notice that if you select ranged you do not get the Artillery types in the mixed groups.

Hope you've submitted a bug report for this -- I'd never noticed this before, good to know.
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    meysa wrote: »
    There should be an option to automatically, warp an object to follow the terrain. (Example: I recently places some barricades on some hilly terrain. I could go into 3D edit mode and adjust all the barricades up and down, but to make them look like they aren't floating, I have to bury large portions of the barricades, which makes them far less imposing.)

There is such an option. At least to make it align to the terrain... So if you don't mind tilted barricades this can be done fairly easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Art assets; Blood splatter, viscera, bodies; What you might find in the lair of a troll or ogre, the bottom of a spiked pit, or the leavings of a carrion crawler.
  • Options
    shalloh1shalloh1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Allow us to make it possible for NPCs to not be attacked by encounter mobs...killing my quest right now
  • Options
    holthar1stholthar1st Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    When I place a "Kill Enemy's" in the storyline tab and then go to map tab to choose an encounter group, it shows that i have unplaced items a "Kobold encounter group" that i never selected in the first place. Apparently it does this automatically when you click and drag "kill enemy's" into your story line.

I DONT WANT KOBOLDS...I want to be able to choose my own encounters to put into kill enemy's. is there a trick to doing this other than not using the "kill enemy's" and just choosing an encounter group from encounters????
  • Options
    holthar1stholthar1st Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    they really need to do in-depth detailed instructional videos on the foundry editor and put them in within the foundry editor its self in the help section and even maybe put them on youtube for us people who are brand new to the foundry not to mention those who are brand new to this feature to begin with.
  • Options
    chibidanichibidani Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    I'm the one who needs to say it? We need a higher detail limit :| it's imposiable to make 2000x2000 and 1000x1000 maps highly detailed with a 1500 budget. especialy if your making a town somewhere on the map >.> or a Fortress you can walk into or a gaint cave in a field. Maybe I'm just puting to much detail into my maps :| but either way 1500 is to low for wat I want to do.

Also we need more snow area options
  • Options
    chibidanichibidani Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    holthar1st wrote: »
    When I place a "Kill Enemy's" in the storyline tab and then go to map tab to choose an encounter group, it shows that i have unplaced items a "Kobold encounter group" that i never selected in the first place. Apparently it does this automatically when you click and drag "kill enemy's" into your story line.

I DONT WANT KOBOLDS...I want to be able to choose my own encounters to put into kill enemy's. is there a trick to doing this other than not using the "kill enemy's" and just choosing an encounter group from encounters????

when you set the quest up "kill enemies" in one of the option things you have to click and select a unit on your map so it know this quest is to this unit, you can also have multiple groups be part of the same quest or even program a chain of spawns. but if you don't select this you'll get the unplaced kobold spawn.
  • Options
    torquedsoultorquedsoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I would like to see encounters that can be triggered by quest objects.

I would also like to see encounters that can be triggered by dialogs which occur in other maps in the quest. Right now its seems that I can only trigger from dialog on the same map which breaks some of my continuity.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I would kill for variables/registers to store mission info. Mmm.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    sheyjinsheyjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would really like to see more Monster types.
    Giants, Beholders, Gelentanous Cubes, Vampires, Animal Types (Deer, Bears, Badgers, etc..), Treants, Dryads, Plants, Ettins, Driders, Golems, Kuotoa, to name a few.

Make NPC's option to attack.
    Different Clothing for commoners and citizens.
    Most important -- Make Houses movable in 3D editing. Its a pain that I can't do this.

Maps -- City areas with streets, alleys, Dock areas, road and street placables.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If I have an NPC with dialog already created and I add in a dialog step to the storyline and connect it to that NPC it should pick up and use the existing dialog. Currently I have to recreate the dialog. If it is not going to do it automatically then at least put an option to link to the other one.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to be able to erase my test char's injuries without respeccing. :/

• Options
    edited June 2013
    If I have an NPC with dialog already created and I add in a dialog step to the storyline and connect it to that NPC it should pick up and use the existing dialog. Currently I have to recreate the dialog. If it is not going to do it automatically then at least put an option to link to the other one.

Why don't you just edit the existing dialog??
    Just select that NPCs dialog from the dropdown list and add new steps/responses.

Are you trying to have other story steps in between??
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to be able to share authorship with my quests with another user, so my girlfriend can help me decorate.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Why don't you just edit the existing dialog??
    Just select that NPCs dialog from the dropdown list and add new steps/responses.

Are you trying to have other story steps in between??
    Here's the scenario:
    1. Create NPC.
    2. Create the dialog for the NPC.
    3. Add story element of type Dialog.
    4. Select the newly created NPC as the one giving the dialog.
    5. Now you have to add all new dialog (the dialog you previously assigned to the NPC does not appear in the editor - the dialog is blank).
    6. Now I have to cut and paste all the steps and responses from the previously assigned NPC dialog to the dialog the storyline is expecting.
    7. If you remove the storyline step the NPC keeps their dialog you previously assigned as long as you don't add a new one from the storyline dialog.

If I hook in the NPC to the storyline before creating the dialog for them it works just fine. Just a pain to remember to have to do that.

Also notice that if you assign a dialog to an object (inspect) when you connect the object to the storyline "Inspect Object" step the dialog transfers over no problem. Seems to be a bug with the NPC version.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone found a way to determine the number of players in the group going through your quest? The reason I ask is because there are some very devious traps I would like to place in my dungeon but they will not work if a player is soloing the dungeon. The idea is that one of the party members gets themselves into trouble and it is up to the other party members to get them out of it. Also, the concept of having to throw multiple switches in different locations would not work solo. The best way I can think of is to have an NPC at the beginning ask the player how many there are in the group. That's just a little too cheesy though. Rather have it completely transparent and what happens if they lie? They can't finish the quest then.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Here's the scenario:
    1. Create NPC.
    2. Create the dialog for the NPC.
    3. Add story element of type Dialog.
    4. Select the newly created NPC as the one giving the dialog.
    5. Now you have to add all new dialog (the dialog you previously assigned to the NPC does not appear in the editor - the dialog is blank).
    6. Now I have to cut and paste all the steps and responses from the previously assigned NPC dialog to the dialog the storyline is expecting.
    7. If you remove the storyline step the NPC keeps their dialog you previously assigned as long as you don't add a new one from the storyline dialog.

If I hook in the NPC to the storyline before creating the dialog for them it works just fine. Just a pain to remember to have to do that.

Also notice that if you assign a dialog to an object (inspect) when you connect the object to the storyline "Inspect Object" step the dialog transfers over no problem. Seems to be a bug with the NPC version.

Ah. Gotcha. That looks like a bug. I thought maybe you could just drop-down and select the previously filled in dialog when going into the advanced dialog editor from the story but it keeps them separate. You should enter a bug report for this behavior.
  • Options
    boneninja03boneninja03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll say upfront that I haven't checked the rest of the 42 pages, so not sure if this has been recommended or not. It's not a direct addition to the Foundry per se. For as hard as it is to currently search through the Foundry for quests, and especially hard to get reviews unless you have a ton of friends or guildies playing. I was thinking last night that it would be nice to add a section/tab to the guild UI that would post any quest/campaign built by a fellow member of the guild the player is associated with to that tab. That way guild members could have a running list of foundry quests built by their own members. Then perhaps a special marker or filter for the ones needing a review.
    "Sometimes boys, you just have to sit back and taunt the Cyclops."

My Foundry Quests:
    Campaign - Trial of Willpower - NWS-DA72SRNCK
    Strange Rumors - NW-DF3ZTBJXG
  • Options
    josephleaustinjosephleaustin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bet I'm echoing other people here...

1. OR operations
    2. Quest-wide flags or values
    3. Authorship sharing, or the ability to let someone specific visit/play my unfinished work like a friend
    4. Bosses!!!!

Those 4 things and I will be able to live indefinitely without scripting, even though I'd love that too ;)
  • Options
    pocketcopperspocketcoppers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    We need the ability to convert NPC to hostile and set their threat tier, convert encounters to NPC (on subdual for example), and we need to be able to place encounters and details while in 3D mode running through checking the dungeon. Attempting to set doors, waypoints, decorative details, and encounters in, for example, the sea caves map is just a nightmare. This would be helped if the Map also included the Y coordinate (where it currently only gives X and Z.
    Lo, the mighty Oak: Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Options
    adran07adran07 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a slight expansion on stuff that's already mentioned with regards to and/or requirements, but you should also be able to choose more than one category of requirement (for example: requiring a specific dialog option or two separate locations (both required together) to have been explored).

EDIT: Something else I'd like to see is more environmental effects (like maybe making an avalanche? Or perhaps a boulder trap, ala Indiana Jones).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sheyjin wrote: »
    I would really like to see more Monster types.
    Giants, Beholders, Gelentanous Cubes, Vampires, Animal Types (Deer, Bears, Badgers, etc..), Treants, Dryads, Plants, Ettins, Driders, Golems, Kuotoa, to name a few.

Make NPC's option to attack.
    Different Clothing for commoners and citizens.
    Most important -- Make Houses movable in 3D editing. Its a pain that I can't do this.

Maps -- City areas with streets, alleys, Dock areas, road and street placables.

Entire Monster Manual would be nice. PW taking model submissions from players for review?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Would also like the ability to rotate/move NPC's on all axis. Have a wizard walk upside down on the ceiling etc. Also the ability to alter NPC's in 3D mode would be cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Would also like the ability to rotate/move NPC's on all axis. Have a wizard walk upside down on the ceiling etc. Also the ability to alter NPC's in 3D mode would be cool.
    Nothing worse than having your oversized ogre's head in the ceiling.