test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Feedback] Suggestions What to Add/Change in the Foundry.

Comments

• vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let us place a fixed amount of chests per quest, depending on its average duration.
    And that those chests have a chance to drop rare items, and treasures which can be sold for a decent amount of gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Give us DC and skill checks, to disarm traps, pick lock, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • kenbokkenbok Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't looked through all the 43 pages, but smaller custom maps would be nice, I don't need 2000x2000 for a small house interior, or cave system, it's so overwhelmingly huge all of a sudden...

Also beeing able to scale stuff would be nice, I needed a soft wattery sound in one place in a house, luckily it wasn't in the middle but in a corner so i could move the sound out of the house, but still, beeing able to scale that stuff would be much easier...

Good job overall though :)
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    Change review tab so it's impossible to leave any star rating without leaving comments - you have to write anything in the box to rate quest.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's really no way to force someone to leave a useful comment. If you try, people can just type '459tqafh9t24' and be done with it.

I like the idea, but... such is life.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    That's the point of this suggestion. People making too high or too low rating but leaving only stupid descriptions will also make their own rating pointless. :>
  • silvasquirrel1silvasquirrel1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We simply must be able to make a guild using the foundry that can support more than 5 players. You could have parties, dedicated guild banks, training dungeons, and much more. Foundry seems like a great building utility why not let guilds build their guild? Runescape had player owned houses with many constraints. Foundry, with its less rigid constraints, gives much more freedom to the mapper. In a profit sense, I do not know how many games support something at this level, but I am SURE that it will get this great game more players. Please consider my idea.

Thanks for reading!
  • fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Objective Complete, Health % Trigger: I would like to see a trigger where I click Objective Complet: Health -10%, 20% all the way up to 90% in a dropdown, then click on a specific mob in an encounter for it to happen. AKA, miniboss troll hits 40% health and calls in allies.
  • fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also..

Once we finally get to the point of foundries being balanced and tweaked where we are actually able to get decent loot out of them I would like the ability to create (Blue) named rare items and choose the stats from a dropdown menu during this item creation. Now obviously there would be no guaranteed drop of said item, but having a random chance it could drop in the dungeon would be awesome. A great way to create lore weapons. Also perhaps the baility to have 1 main boss and 3 sub bosses. Sub bosses could have a 1% increased chance of the item dropping and main boss could have 5%.
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Need a way to lock out groups from quests designed for one player. When it says it is designed for one player, that doesn't mean it is easier with two or three, it means two or three of you are going to get stuck somewhere on the map because I didn't design the map with two or three people in mind. Then the one player who got lucky by standing in the right spot is going to finish the quest and give your quest a one star rating and leave a review that says something like this, "Mee frineds could not finish the quest wif me cuz I weeent to sleep and they got stuk." lulz @hedhrpl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Double the number of encounters from 50 to 100. 50 encounters is not quite enough. Also, would like to see larger groups of easies so 9 easies is like a standard and 12 is closer to a hard. Yes you can put multiple encounters together, but the point is that it doesn't use up the encounter cap as fast. Ideally I'd like to be able to place a small army of mobs outside a castle (q.v. Army of Darkness). Catapults with a looping animation would be nice. Show it firing a boulder and where it impacts is a hail of small rocks and dust. Have a field to input the range the boulder travels. Also have flaming pitch balls. Oh and trebuchets. These are just idle animations for atmosphere. Perhaps add a field and after 'n' loops of the animation it triggers the appearance of an object (e.g. flames burning down a building) or triggers the disappearance of a section of the wall. Oh yea, and there could be a field to enter the "wander" distance of the boulder so it's not slamming the exact same spot every time.
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • ummthatguyummthatguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Foundry creators are currently doing work that Cryptic Studios would otherwise have to PAY people to do for them in creating new content, it would be sensible (and ultimately profitable) for Cryptic to suitably recognize the contribution of content generators (certainly since every other aspect of the multitude of currency systems is so heavily developed so as to challenge the Beta labeling).

Currently other players can reward the foundry authors with ADs, however, cryptic too is benefiting from their service and it seems only right that they step up and recognize the contribution of foundry authors by rewarding them - most logically with Zen, since just as people who purchase Zen with real money are giving direct benefit to the company (and people who purchase Zen from THOSE people (with AD) are giving direct benefit to the company by stimulating demand for Zen and thus increasing the amount of Zen being supplied by people who wish to obtain ADs), so too are Foundry authors creating new content that Cryptic can continue to use to generate income.

For every user who completes a foundry mission, generate a certain amount of Zen to give to the author - since they are generating value for Cryptic; to make the system workable I would suggest the following major factors would contribute to determining the amount of zen to provide the author.

1. How many Zen the player (who cannot be the author) has purchased in a certain period (a month seems a reasonable period of time)

2. How much time that player spent within that foundry creation (remembering that the foundry creation is contributing to the player being willing to spend the money on buring zenny in the first place)

3. How highly that player rated the foundry creation (see above) could then be used to determine several constants by which to reimburse.

-

The most management friendly way to do this would likely be to determine a basic FoundryZenRate constant to allow Cryptic to easily alter the overall rate at which zen is earned in this fashion should it prove economically required; this would then be applied to a set of conversion rates that are rating specific i.e. One Star rate; 2, 3, 4 and 5 star rates to reflect the quality of the experience provided by the author through their content generation to the paying customer.

The rating specific constants would likely be somewhere within the 0-1 range; five (perhaps 1), four (0.8), three (0.6), two (0.4) and one star (0.2) are possible rating constants and could be easily established by consensus or staff. The Foundry Zen Rate on the other hand would likely need to be done after examining usage statistics - not all users purchase zen, for those who do, how large a proportion of the time they are online for is spent in foundry adventures and so forth are likely to be relevant factors in determining the FoundryZenRate (though I would expect it to be quite a small rate, it is likely to be larger than you would expect when looking at public data from foundry use due to the fact that many many users are not Zen purchasers).

Then when a user looks to rate the foundry creation at the end, simply round the (User.ZenPurchasedThisMonth * FoundryZenRate * RatingRate * MinutesTaken) and put that many Zen in the account of the author.

-

Cryptic should look to reward those that are creating the content that they wish to supply to other users to encourage their use of NW and purchase of Zen; content creators doing the work developers would otherwise need to be paid for should be appropriately recognized not just by other players, but by the company that is hoping to make money as a result of their works; it doesn't have to be much, but just as people who give actual money are contributing to cryptic so too are users that generate new content.

I chose Zen, because Zen alone is not obtainable in any way other than to purchase it in money, or to trade it from those who have done so - it is an in-game currency used for reflecting a transfer of value from users to Cryptic Studios; just like content generation is.
    edited June 2013
    Re: Guild Hall via Foundry -- Here's my take on it. Each guild would be allowed to make a zone (like most of the main zones) using any of the Foundry maps. It would support any number of players in the same way as Protectors Enclave, Black Lake, Tower District, etc. When players go up to the "Guild District Gate" in the city they can pick guilds from a list (like EQ2 and Lotro did) and zone in. There could be a checkbox added to the interactable section that allows interaction by guild members only. This would allow the guild to make private areas that only its members have access to. The tradeoff for eliminating the 5 people or less rule would be to have an encounter cap of 0.
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Hey. New to the foundry and still exploring it's functionality, so I might say something stupid.

I'd love an aggro group ai behavior. You engage one monster in combat, all others within the aggro group join the fight wherever they are on the map.
    Have been able to emulate this behavior somewhat by having the first monster group have a zone trigger other groups to spawn and immediatly patrol towards to combat scene, but it doesn't have the same flexibility an aggro group would have.

Changing monster combat values. I want to change health values, attack power, all that good stuff. Let us tweak all these parameters to make the kind of fight we want to make. If loot is the issues, make it so you can't decrease health and attack power values, only increase.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Allowing changing the snap-to-grid spacing would be most welcome.
    Perhaps just a 1', 2', 5', 10' option settings?
  • abramerlinabramerlin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got to Page 23 before I skipped to the end so if any of these have been already Mentioned then I apologise for the repitition but here is my "short list" :)
    • * Full edit from 3D. I'd like to be able to walk my Author through and look at the wall and say Yep a Torch right there, or A stack of Boxes without having to "Return to Foundry" then try and find where on the map I was just looking at then putting in the item before logging back in. Tedious at best.
    • * Some sort of indication as to where "Author" is standing an icon or simply his x,y,z co-ords would be nice.
    • * "Teleport Traps" that can be modified as one/two way, Detectable/Non. I love this type of "trap" Tesseracts are my favourite form of puzzle and they can be implemented in varying formations but advertising the fact that there is a Teleporter or even the glowing red square of a trap tends to spoil the illusion/fun of figuring out the situation.
    • * Initial Spawn point should include a Campfire since it is the defacto respawn point until the placed campfire is reached.
    • * Budget should be more Dynamic. The more detail you put into your map, the more Encounters become available. Also one extra encounter could be "bought" from other section so long as predetermined minimums are satisfied.
    • "Tiles/wallpaper" for floors/walls could open up more room options. Instead of 15 Floor plans of "Standardised" Rooms with those 15 rooms and even 5 varying Roofs, Walls and Floors each becomes 1875 variations (15x5x5x5) and thats not even counting the lighting options.
    • AND, OR, IF...THEN...ELSE options for all
    • User defined objects should have the option to be stackable. With a Max number value plus a Unique in inventory tag as well.
    • item resize and recolour option. Those Ice Boulders could make nice interactable magical artifacts etc too bad they 150+ft tall and would not fit into bags easy and come in any colour so long as its white.
    • respawn counter/trigger for trash mobs to simulate Ghosts coalessing after a time, raiding parties returning etc
    • Boss Custom-maker. Base Character type, Attack types, Difficulty. Combined with the current Reskin capability this would open up a huge vista of storylines. Hook the Availability in Budget to other placed encounters and loot as a function of Number of other encounters and %of those completed by Player and abuse of Putting a 1 Room at Start with Boss and all other mobs in a hidden charnelroom to Maximise loot would be stopped before it even starts.
    untitled.png?t=1370827869
    edited June 2013
    Stackable items that are a drop item (e.g. tokens) that can be used for various things in the quest. For example you might need to collect 10 such tokens to purchase a plank from an NPC that you need to get across a pit. Would need to add a field for the number of items required in addition to the existing 1 item required method.
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be extremely useful if we had access to the Component Tree while in preview/3D edit mode. Being able to select objects that take up the exact same "square" position can be problematic. Heck, giving us the ability to manually input XYZ and PYR numbers while in the preview/3D edit mode would be fantastic as well!
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
    edited June 2013
    Instead of increasing the cap on encounters, they could put in a re-spawn counter with either a time interval specified by the author or a distance parameter (player gets far enough away and encounter re-spawns up to its maximum allowed number of times). Easy encounters would be allowed to re-spawn 3 times, standard twice and hard once. That gives twice as many hards, three times as many standards and 4 times as many easies. There should be a minimum time/distance to avoid abuse.
  • markyb1856markyb1856 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure if this is a place the admins look, but I'm having an issue where I create a map in the foundry, then duplicate the map (say to transition to night time or to have buildings replaced with destroyed ones, etc). When I test play the duplicate literally every detail that I placed has become interactable and is auto-populated with any text that I put for dialogue with NPCs. The end result is that you can talk to trees, fountains, tents, pretty much everything. This also causes the game to run at very slow speeds and have poor performance. The issue can be resolved by going through and manually editing every item to remove its interact quality. The problem is that this is inconvenient and when you make maps with lots of detail it can take hours to fix. I'm not sure if this is an issue with my computer or a foundry problem that needs to be fixed.

Also, I noticed the comment above about paying zen for creating foundry quests/campaigns. I think the idea is good, but a bit complicated. The money generated from selling zen helps pay for hosting and operating the server. If creating foundry quests were to yield zen the revenue would collapse because people would start making more and more maps to generate zen and stop buying the zen bonuses. The other problem with this is that the foundry is already somewhat overloaded with test maps and maps created for the express purpose of completing the daily foundry in as little time as possible. It would be too easy to make multiple accounts and use them to jack up the rating of your map and generate zen. This would precipitate an effect of flooding the exchange with zen, again resulting in less zen purchase. Ultimately, I agree that there should be some more benefit to putting in time and effort to create a quest, especially if it's one you really want people to like and not just a test map you regurgitate and publish. Unfortunately I think that the zen tipping is the best way to go about it without crashing the source of income. I always tip on a good map and never do on a lousy one, but not everyone is so altruistic.
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Would be nice if you added..

Ability to move Encounter npcs with 3d editor.
    Individual patrol paths for Encounter npcs.
    Ability to put patrol markers down in 3d editor.
    Ability to name objects in the preview.
    Ability to move light sources/more options for lighting in general in environmentaly 'populated' rooms.
    Reset quest option in the preview, without being sent back to the start.
    End chest and respawn point movable in 3d editor.
    Adjustable difficuly of individual encounter npcs.
    Larger, empty, rooms/caverns/chambers.

:)
  • wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please make it so that camera angles don't cause placeables to disappear. E.g. if you look at a water plane from above it, and there's any object nearby the camera, part of the water plane disappears and it looks awful.

Edit:
    apologies if this is a repeat.
  • parsalynparsalyn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I published a quest and three days have passed. I cannot find it anywhere in the game. How do you find it?

Sorry for posting here, but it won't let me create a post still.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    parsalyn wrote: »
    I published a quest and three days have passed. I cannot find it anywhere in the game. How do you find it?

You read one of the many, many, many forum posts asking the same question?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?209122-Published-Quest-Still-Not-Viewable&p=2823601&viewfull=1#post2823601
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I realize that I'm jumping the gun considering sound isn't even fixed yet, but I'd love the ability to set range and volume on sounds.

Been tinkering with a 'sea voyage' map and while I can have ocean sounds, they are pretty faint compared to other stuff.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • avatre21avatre21 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry! Found the right thread!
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

The Beginning of the End:
    Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
    edited June 2013
    Add a "Suggested Ability Kit Location" object placeable by the author in their maps, with some high limit. The limit is high because ultimately the server decides how many and what type it is going to randomly place at the suggested locations. This would allow the author to conceal them in hard to find places giving the player a bit of a challenge in finding them. They could also be considered a reward of sorts in lieu of the fact we authors cannot put in treasure chests. The player might find one or more at the end of a difficult puzzle. Of course since the placement is random, they may find didly-squat there. :)
    Not much you can do about that one, unless the author is give one guaranteed kit of each type they can place in a given map. But then that could lead to quests with a whole series of maps connected together with nothing but a transition door between each and a single room with all 5 kits in it per map. Let's face it, we legitimate authors have to pay the price for all the exploitive authors out there. No use crying over spilt milk. What is really needed is some sort of quest analyzer that examines quests to determine if the intent of the quest is exploitation or legitimate play. Fat chance that will happen. Too complicated and it would have to constantly be updated by cryptic/perfectworld devs. It would have all the ear-marks of a virus detection software package. They also have to be constantly update to counteract the latest exploits. But I digress...
    essenti wrote: »
    It would be extremely useful if we had access to the Component Tree while in preview/3D edit mode. Being able to select objects that take up the exact same "square" position can be problematic. Heck, giving us the ability to manually input XYZ and PYR numbers while in the preview/3D edit mode would be fantastic as well!

Agreed!!
    Oh, and another thing they need to fix is the NPC camera. If an NPC is large enough (even without artificially increasing their size using costumes) the camera's field of view cuts off their head and none of the close-up animations can be enjoyed by the player.
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Proved a way to import and export dialogue.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • parsalynparsalyn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eldarth wrote: »

Thanks, I did some reading before posting but nothing showed up when I searched for the code. It finally showed up today. Maybe I typed the code incorrectly.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Change the Daily Foundry Bonus so you get more AD for longer quests, and less for shorter quests. Right now everyone and their mum is trying to make a 16 minute hack and slash quest and they are flooding the Foundry with prefab maps full of stacked encounters with stories that have nothing to do with D&D at all. Meanwhile the people with long or short quests basically get ignored due to the flood of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> resulting from single-minded authors trying to qualify for the daily without focusing on any other aspects of their map. Some feel like they were chopped in half and are missing a lot, others are like Bleach or Naruto, full of fillers, stuff that doesn't belong, just to get over that 15 minute mark. I swear if I play one more Foundry quest where every single NPC and enemy is a human I'm gonna scream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]